Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Really enjoyed the review. Adding to my list of future purchases. Hopefully Vulcan will add an oxide version and tighten up those sleeves.

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for reading, gents.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice review!

I've mentioned this in a few other threads, the Iron Mind Buffalo Bar and it's clones, and the Duffalo Bar and it's clones look similar and react differently. The two bars can stand alone on their own, IMO, and don't really feel all that alike to me even though there's clearly conceptual visual similarity at play.

The Duffalo Bar, as I've mentioned whips a lot more than the Buffalo Bar and the Duffalo feels more like a GCB than a straight bar the heavier you load the bar. The Buffalo Bar to me feels more like a straight bar than a Duffalo Bar does and whips a lot less for sure. I'm not sure if it's the smaller camber or larger shaft diameter, but it feels different.

I personally use the two bars for different things. Initially when my shoulder and elbow was really jacked, the Duff was the only bar I could really put on my back and do anything with. Now that I'm passed that phase, I use the Duff more for GCB work and variation. I really like it for Good Mornings. I tend to use the Buff more for squat variations for whatever reason. Both Duff and Buff feel good to me for bench work, so I use the two mainly for variation reasons although recently I'm using the Duff more for bench variation work than the Buff.

To me, the real comparison of the Vulcan Buffalo is just to the Duffalo Bar. While I'm glad I acquired my Duff and like owning it, as I've pointed out, I'd never pay that price for a new one, not even in bare steelwith every discount he offers. I won't be buying a Vulcan Buffalo Bar, but I'm glad they came out with it because at their price point, it's a no brainer to me provided the quality is close enough to the Duff. I hope Vulcan takes sales away from Kabuki...wouldn't mind seeing them squirm a bit with this one.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is GCB?
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    Nice review!

I've mentioned this in a few other threads, the Iron Mind Buffalo Bar and it's clones, and the Duffalo Bar and it's clones look similar and react differently. The two bars can stand alone on their own, IMO, and don't really feel all that alike to me even though there's clearly conceptual visual similarity at play.

The Duffalo Bar, as I've mentioned whips a lot more than the Buffalo Bar and the Duffalo feels more like a GCB than a straight bar the heavier you load the bar. The Buffalo Bar to me feels more like a straight bar than a Duffalo Bar does and whips a lot less for sure. I'm not sure if it's the smaller camber or larger shaft diameter, but it feels different.

I personally use the two bars for different things. Initially when my shoulder and elbow was really jacked, the Duff was the only bar I could really put on my back and do anything with. Now that I'm passed that phase, I use the Duff more for GCB work and variation. I really like it for Good Mornings. I tend to use the Buff more for squat variations for whatever reason. Both Duff and Buff feel good to me for bench work, so I use the two mainly for variation reasons although recently I'm using the Duff more for bench variation work than the Buff.

To me, the real comparison of the Vulcan Buffalo is just to the Duffalo Bar. While I'm glad I acquired my Duff and like owning it, as I've pointed out, I'd never pay that price for a new one, not even in bare steelwith every discount he offers. I won't be buying a Vulcan Buffalo Bar, but I'm glad they came out with it because at their price point, it's a no brainer to me provided the quality is close enough to the Duff. I hope Vulcan takes sales away from Kabuki...wouldn't mind seeing them squirm a bit with this one.
    Thanks for reading and for the additional info! I think this bar will definitely take away some sales from Kabuki.

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    What is GCB?
    Giant Camber Bar is my guess.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is GCB?
    Giant Camber Bar

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ah, I've always called it a cambered squat bar.

I'll give my perspective on what MGM711 is saying because we have different experiences. I do want to say that neither is better, just different.
    All of the bars I've used before the Duffalo had whip. I didn't notice a problem with the bar swinging like a giant cambered bar / cambered squat bar. I just don't have this issue & I feel stable. This might be due to having to train my core very heavy & not using a belt with low bar squats, along with never using a stiff bar.

That said, I'm guessing that the Vulcan bar has a better quality knurl than the Duffalo. Is this safe to assume?
    At least my model of the duffalo w/ the poor knurling job is not the best for staying on my back, especially compared to bars that have more aggressive knurl like the Iron Wolfe squat bar.

In over 3 years of almost exclusively using the duffalo to avoid shoulder issues, I've found the worst design flaw is that the bar flips over and is hard to rack.
    As GamecockLifter pointed out, the Vulcan variation does this while it's empty & it gets better as more weight is put on the bar. I've found this to be true w/ the duffalo too. I always expect the empty bar to flip over, but somewhere around 275 it's fairly stable & gets more stable as I put weight on it. While adding weight is a simple fix (and just one more incentive to get stronger), the bar coming to a point where the j-cup is (usually right at the edge), is just poor design. This isn't an oversight as something that people have complained about & no one has done a thing about it. Most people don't own a monolift. I actually had sandwich style j-cups for a short period of time & couldn't use them with my Duffalo as it would destory the paint job and slide all over the place. I had to get a standard j-cup and it's barely adequate.

I also want to see Kabuki feel the heat, honestly. We need more innovation and competition will spur that better than anything else.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Ah, I've always called it a cambered squat bar.

I'll give my perspective on what MGM711 is saying because we have different experiences. I do want to say that neither is better, just different. All of the bars I've used before the Duffalo had whip. I didn't notice a problem with the bar swinging like a giant cambered bar / cambered squat bar. I just don't have this issue & I feel stable. This might be due to having to train my core very heavy & not using a belt with low bar squats, along with never using a stiff bar.
    I don't think I explained myself good enough about the Duff and the GCB comparison. Of course, the Duff doesn't swing/whip aggressively out of the bottom exactly like a GCB, but there's definitely swing/whip thing going on with the Duff more than the Buffalo Bar, and that was more of my point that the two bars have a very different feel and that the Duff leans more toward a GCB and the Buffalo leans more toward a straight bar. If you have shoulder problems and like training variation, I wouldn't hesitate to get both personally.

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Seems the price of the bar went up $30.00.

Not sure what the other forum members experiences have been with Vulcan but mine have not been pleasant so far and are still on going.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Seems the price of the bar went up $30.00.

Not sure what the other forum members experiences have been with Vulcan but mine have not been pleasant so far and are still on going.
    What has happened so far?

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ha - just sheer stupidity. I ordered near end of January with a note saying that I need it to be at its destination by the 16th of February. If not, just let me know. After 2+ weeks I email asking about the order and the note as I hadn't heard anything though Vulcan charged the card. I receive a reply next day (I think) saying that the order has not shipped as the payment info is Canadian and the destination in the US and they fear it may be fraudulent. Fine - but will it get shipped in time I ask? Oh, no - no way. The fraud agent is on vacation for 3 days so he won't get to it. I tell him its been over two weeks to check so I ask if anyone else can help - nope - just this guy going on vacation. I explain how disappointed I am and ask if there would be the option to cancel if I wish.

A new person emails me to ask how they can help. I explain and am told that my payment has not cleared and the bar will not make the 16th. I ask him if I have the option to cancel if I choose to since the other person didn't answer when I asked. Within the hour, I have a cancellation alert from Vulcan saying the order has been cancelled and payment refunded.

So, I call but no answer. Email and ask why the order has been cancelled as I did not ask for it to be. Just to know if I could if I choose. They apologize. Ask how they can make it right. I ask for the order to be re-instated. Not possible they tell me. But I can order the bar again. I say sure, I'll call and do that. Then I'm told - nope cant do that because they are out of stock. I will have to wait until they have stock again and it may take 2 weeks.

Well - what to say? I ask if this is the norm for how they deal with customers. Tell them that I have never had this experience even with the smallest mom and pop shops. They give me $20 off my next order. $10 for not telling them it will not make the 16th and $10 for not having any stock.

I tell them I appreciate but what I would really like is to order immediately and have this applied so I don't need to fuss around in the future waiting. I am told that this is fine, not a problem. Call in as the staff have been alerted. I thank him and tell him I will call once the refund shows up.

So it shows and there was a $12 or so exchange lost from the refund. I email asking would they consider another $10 credit since I did not ask for the refund and lost out due to it (more for the principle than the money but...). I am dealing with the same person who says they will look into it but that I cannot order over the phone - I need to wait until its in stock. And the price is now $30.00 more.

So long story short (too late) Vulcan has really been something my first time dealing with them. Can't imagine its the norm because it is simply too ridiculous how this has been handled so far.

Sig line is not a novel.

Ha - just sheer stupidity. I ordered near end of January with a note saying that I need it to be at its destination by the 16th of February. If not, just let me know. After 2+ weeks I email asking about the order and the note as I hadn't heard anything though Vulcan charged the card. I receive a reply next day (I think) saying that the order has not shipped as the payment info is Canadian and the destination in the US and they fear it may be fraudulent. Fine - but will it get shipped in time I ask? Oh, no - no way. The fraud agent is on vacation for 3 days so he won't get to it. I tell him its been over two weeks to check so I ask if anyone else can help - nope - just this guy going on vacation. I explain how disappointed I am and ask if there would be the option to cancel if I wish.

A new person emails me to ask how they can help. I explain and am told that my payment has not cleared and the bar will not make the 16th. I ask him if I have the option to cancel if I choose to since the other person didn't answer when I asked. Within the hour, I have a cancellation alert from Vulcan saying the order has been cancelled and payment refunded.

So, I call but no answer. Email and ask why the order has been cancelled as I did not ask for it to be. Just to know if I could if I choose. They apologize. Ask how they can make it right. I ask for the order to be re-instated. Not possible they tell me. But I can order the bar again. I say sure, I'll call and do that. Then I'm told - nope cant do that because they are out of stock. I will have to wait until they have stock again and it may take 2 weeks.

Well - what to say? I ask if this is the norm for how they deal with customers. Tell them that I have never had this experience even with the smallest mom and pop shops. They give me $20 off my next order. $10 for not telling them it will not make the 16th and $10 for not having any stock.

I tell them I appreciate but what I would really like is to order immediately and have this applied so I don't need to fuss around in the future waiting. I am told that this is fine, not a problem. Call in as the staff have been alerted. I thank him and tell him I will call once the refund shows up.

So it shows and there was a $12 or so exchange lost from the refund. I email asking would they consider another $10 credit since I did not ask for the refund and lost out due to it (more for the principle than the money but...). I am dealing with the same person who says they will look into it but that I cannot order over the phone - I need to wait until its in stock. And the price is now $30.00 more.

So long story short (too late) Vulcan has really been something my first time dealing with them. Can't imagine its the norm because it is simply too ridiculous how this has been handled so far.
    Sounds like they are not only copying Kabuki on the bar, but the lousy business and CS practices as well!

Man, I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully this is just an anomaly. It’s a shame when the CS doesn’t match the quality of equipment. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Ya. It’s been an ... interesting ... ride to be sure. I’m hoping it is just a one off and they look to make it right soon.

Sig line is not a novel.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Simply wow. Not acceptable at any stage. At any reputable company, there should never be a single employee that alone can perform a task (like the fraud agent in this case). What if this person went on a vacation/honeymoon for 2 weeks? Maternity/paternity leave? Hold up all orders? Crazy. There needs to be cross-training, documentation, etc. so that someone can pick up another's role in case they are out.

Definitely reminds me of Kabuki...and that's a big insult.
    Garage Gym Owner

chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chadsalt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

****s sake I'd walk away from that mess. I endured my 2 month ordeal for the Kabuki power bar last year, but went in knowing it would be a fiasco. Just had to have the best end caps known to man. A company pulls that mess out of the blue for no reason, bye.
    SQ 475# 5/26/17 wraps
    BP 340# 7/13/19 paused
    DL 455# 10/19/19 beltless
    OHP 205# 1/12/19

()---() York Barbell Club #72 ()---()
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #15 ──<//>─<\\>──
    [M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #32 ▪[M]====[6]
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #70▪█─────█▪ 

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9015131&d=1541967331

So they did give the extra credit to cover the loss of the exchange rate from the refund. However, I cannot order until in stock and I cannot have it for the pricing I initially purchased it for before they refunded me without my want. So the credits offered prior to the price increase for separate items will now just get me back to the original price.

I also was told they can refund for any reason they wish according to refs on their website.

I have asked to speak to the upper manager or owner to give one last try. I guess you can only shake your head so much at these things.

Sig line is not a novel.

passion4knives has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    With all this going on with Vulcan and Kabuki, has anyone used the buffalo 2.0 by Strongarm? It doesn’t look like it has as much bend and it is bare steel but it’s a good price and it seems to be my best option up here in Canada. Has anyone seen or used this bar?
    You can find it on bellsofsteel website.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    That’s a complete customer service failure. Thanks for the warning.

Originally Posted by passion4knives View Post
    With all this going on with Vulcan and Kabuki, has anyone used the buffalo 2.0 by Strongarm? It doesn’t look like it has as much bend and it is bare steel but it’s a good price and it seems to be my best option up here in Canada. Has anyone seen or used this bar?
    You can find it on bellsofsteel website.
    I’ve used the buffalo bar Bells of Steel sold. Not sure if this is the second incarnation. The original works alright but has mild knurling, sloppy sleeves that barely turn and lots of large flat spaces on the knurling throughout the bar (sometimes the size of a quarter). But it does the job alright.

Sig line is not a novel.