Closed Thread
Page 296 of 297 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,880 of 8910
    cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Official GWR attempt for "most pull ups in one minute with a 40 lb pack". 29 reps were approved. Profpullups and I are now co-owners of the record at 29, as he did 29 that day also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWJ3...ature=youtu.be
    Sig line can't be a novel

davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000) davesterrr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's the best way to progress into more reps.
    Should i just do pull ups daily or multiple times a day to failure.
    Or should i use a weightbelt?

E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Profpullups View Post
    After months of hard training with Cooper here in Boston, the two of us were able to officially reclaim the Guinness World Record for most pull-ups in a minute with a 40lb backpack, upping the record to 29 reps each! Big thanks to Cooper for his inspiration, support, and training savvy.

I was also able to set the 60lb record at 22 reps; but I know Cooper has also put in a heavy-hitting attempt and may very well reclaim that one.

I know there are a lot of very talented guys on this thread, including current record holders in other pull-ups events, who will be vying for the records and potentially pushing them even further. Extremist, Mark, Tinywrist, E_P_C, Fitman, Iraklis, and others, I've drawn a lot of motivation from your various feats. Let's see what we can do!

Video links of Guinness attempts to come...

Adam
    Originally Posted by cooperrun View Post
    Adam (Profpullups) and I had an epic GWR attempt day. Congrats to Adam. We've also done some very good training together, being about 45 minutes from each other in the Boston area, and we've both not only learned a bunch from each other, but pushed each other to be our own best. One of the things I've always liked about this thread is that we all push each other, encourage each other, and also pass along training tips. So thank you all from this thread for providing inspiration, tips and encouragement. I've gotten so much better from being part of this community. And thanks Adam for reaching out and for rocking some training together. We've accomplished more individually by working together than we likely would have from not working together. Plus we've had some legendary workouts!

I know Adam will post his GWR record attempt videos. If anyone wants to see my 40 lb attempt, let me know, and I can post. I have a pending 60 lb attempt, but won't bother posting the video until I hear back from GWR one way or another.

In the meantime, happy training!
    Congrats guys
    |~| EXTREME PULL UPS CREW |~|

harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on this. Don't have near the numbers in here, as my best BW pull-up number is 23, but I've been upping the volume big time lately, to where sets of 10 are warm ups.
    |USAF K9 Crew|
    |Patriarch Crew|
    |Garage Gym Crew|

Squat: 475 (sleeves)
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 485
    Snatch: 195
    C&J: 245

Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks!

Here are the videos of my attempts:

+60lbs: youtu.be/GBqOdAnuSWY

+40lbs: youtu.be/cpXRA-Z38oc

Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profpullups will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by markcunanan View Post
    Congrats Adam and Ron! 👍👍👍👏👏👏
    Thanks Mark! Been trying to adopt your straight-legged form as much as possible. I think you've set the gold standard for strict pull-ups. When are you going to attempt a muscle-ups record? You could totally crush that!

cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000) cooperrun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by E_P_C View Post
    Congrats guys
    Thanks, EPC. Good to hear from you. Hope things are well.

Originally Posted by harmsxwhey View Post
    In on this. Don't have near the numbers in here, as my best BW pull-up number is 23, but I've been upping the volume big time lately, to where sets of 10 are warm ups.
    Welcome! Keep it cranking.

BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Plateaued on my weighted pull ups then got weaker the following week. Really pissed lol.

Going to try running Smolov Jr starting today. Will update progress. Goal is 20lbs to 1RM.
    Death is impossible for us to fathom: it is so immense, so frightening, that we will do almost anything to avoid thinking about it. Society is organized to make death invisible, to keep it several steps removed. That distance may seem necessary for our comfort, but it comes with a terrible price: the illusion of limitless time, and a consequent lack of seriousness about daily life. We are running away from the one reality that faces us all.

Originally Posted by BostonRockets View Post
    Plateaued on my weighted pull ups then got weaker the following week. Really pissed lol.

Going to try running Smolov Jr starting today. Will update progress. Goal is 20lbs to 1RM.
    It's common to have good workouts and unexpected bad workouts. Don't sweat it. Try this workout. Do drop sets off 5 min rest. Each set do as many reps as you can in 1 minute. Allow yourself to drop off the bar during the one minute for rest. Try a heavy weight that you can do 8-12 reps in a minute the first set. Then drop 10-20 lbs per set until you get to bodyweight. Then do max bodyweight. You'll end up doing 5-6 total sets, and they will all be crushing. Do that once a week along with whatever else you normally do, and likely within two weeks you'll bust the plateau.

Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Headway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Been out of the gym for 5 weeks since my daughter was born, came back and all my pull up endurance is gone.

BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BostonRockets has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's common to have good workouts and unexpected bad workouts. Don't sweat it. Try this workout. Do drop sets off 5 min rest. Each set do as many reps as you can in 1 minute. Allow yourself to drop off the bar during the one minute for rest. Try a heavy weight that you can do 8-12 reps in a minute the first set. Then drop 10-20 lbs per set until you get to bodyweight. Then do max bodyweight. You'll end up doing 5-6 total sets, and they will all be crushing. Do that once a week along with whatever else you normally do, and likely within two weeks you'll bust the plateau.
    Thanks I'll give it a try on Weds/Thurs. I actually did the first workout for Smolov just now and decided not to go through with it lol. 90 was my 1rm but I used 80 for the calculator and the first workout was still fuking hard. I feel like I would have hit a wall early on anyways.
    Death is impossible for us to fathom: it is so immense, so frightening, that we will do almost anything to avoid thinking about it. Society is organized to make death invisible, to keep it several steps removed. That distance may seem necessary for our comfort, but it comes with a terrible price: the illusion of limitless time, and a consequent lack of seriousness about daily life. We are running away from the one reality that faces us all.

Thanks I'll give it a try on Weds/Thurs. I actually did the first workout for Smolov just now and decided not to go through with it lol. 90 was my 1rm but I used 80 for the calculator and the first workout was still fuking hard. I feel like I would have hit a wall early on anyways.
    Hmm. So I must be out of the loop, but what is Smolov? Try about 2/3 of your one rep max for your first set of the workout I suggested. So maybe 60 lbs or even 50 lbs for the first set. You want to get 8-12 hard fought reps. And remember dropping from the bar during the minute is permitted. Drop by 10 lbs per set, and you'll end up doing a ton of reps with weight. Be sure to give yourself 5 minutes rest between sets. Listen to your body if for some reason this doesn't feel right. But hopefully it's just taxing and a plateau buster. I feel victory coming for you.

So I just got word that my recent attempt for Most Pull Ups in One Minute with a 60 lb Pack got approved by GWR at 23 reps. Here is the video. Pull ups start around 2:07.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6i2wUSoxL3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For some reason I cannot get my video to embed. Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i2w...ature=youtu.be

Hmm. So I must be out of the loop, but what is Smolov? Try about 2/3 of your one rep max for your first set of the workout I suggested. So maybe 60 lbs or even 50 lbs for the first set. You want to get 8-12 hard fought reps. And remember dropping from the bar during the minute is permitted. Drop by 10 lbs per set, and you'll end up doing a ton of reps with weight. Be sure to give yourself 5 minutes rest between sets. Listen to your body if for some reason this doesn't feel right. But hopefully it's just taxing and a plateau buster. I feel victory coming for you.
    Tried this yesterday. Here were my numbers:

55lbs - 10 reps
    45lbs - 10 reps
    30lbs - 12 reps
    20lbs - 12 reps
    10lbs - 14/15 reps (forgot)
    BW - 19 reps

fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    CONGRATS GUYS!!

The fact that you have done it together in the same place adds more emotion.

Ron your 30th rep was there! I'm sure you will get it in very short time. Tell me something, is that your new YT channel?

Adam, your pull ups form is absolutely nice and clean.
    Extreme pull ups Crew
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fitman84
    http://squeezeandpull.blogspot.com (Spanish)

Tried this yesterday. Here were my numbers:

55lbs - 10 reps
    45lbs - 10 reps
    30lbs - 12 reps
    20lbs - 12 reps
    10lbs - 14/15 reps (forgot)
    BW - 19 reps
    Now that's a workout! Good job. Do the same workout, same weight, next week, but try a set with 70 lbs to start. Hammerring heavy weight at the beginning will blast you towards some heavy weight PRs. Thanks for the post. You should be over 100 lbs in no time.

Originally Posted by fitman84 View Post
    CONGRATS GUYS!!

The fact that you have done it together in the same place adds more emotion.

Ron your 30th rep was there! I'm sure you will get it in very short time. Tell me something, is that your new YT channel?

Adam, your pull ups form is absolutely nice and clean.
    Thanks, Fitman. It was pretty cool to do the attempts together. We definitely pushed each other to achieve our best. And I agree, 30 is right there! Adam (profpullups) got me into doing heavier weighted pull ups. I always thought of myself as a BW guy, and even when I did my previous 25 reps for 40 lbs in one minute, I was almost exclusively doing BW pull ups. Once I started going heavier, through some training and tips from him, I realized I was missing a huge part of training. Plus it's fun to strap on a bunch of weight and let it rip! I came very close to getting 162.5 lbs for one rep earlier this week. I'd love to do twice my bodyweight or more. That'd be sweet!

You still doing good training? Going after anything in particular?

Thanks, Fitman. It was pretty cool to do the attempts together. We definitely pushed each other to achieve our best. And I agree, 30 is right there! Adam (profpullups) got me into doing heavier weighted pull ups. I always thought of myself as a BW guy, and even when I did my previous 25 reps for 40 lbs in one minute, I was almost exclusively doing BW pull ups. Once I started going heavier, through some training and tips from him, I realized I was missing a huge part of training. Plus it's fun to strap on a bunch of weight and let it rip! I came very close to getting 162.5 lbs for one rep earlier this week. I'd love to do twice my bodyweight or more. That'd be sweet!

You still doing good training? Going after anything in particular?
    Thanks FitMan! With all the reps you do, you should take a rip at one of the endurance records. It's cool that Cooper and I have converged on the 40lb-60lb pull-ups as we've trained together. Coming from a powerlifting background, I used to train heavier and with more rest (usually 5 reps x 5 working sets off 2-3min rest for my first exercise, then maybe 4-5 sets of 10 off 1 min, then some hanging row or lat pull for burn out). I learned from Cooper that upping the pull-ups per workout to the 150-180 range, and shortening the rest, can really improve endurance and technique. And now he's incorporated heavier sets. Combining the two approaches has really paid off. And yes, it was super cool and all the more inspiring for me to crank out the Guinness attempts alongside one of the world's best! Hats off to Cooper for reclaiming the edge in the +60. 23 in a minute?! How about two reps shy of the former +40 record?! That's serious.

smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smallasphuck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My attempt at a 1 armed chinup! Please check it out

https://vid.me/WBWO

1.83 m 80kg BW

Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deezenutz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hoping to join this crew srs, pull ups are the goat exercise. Reached 70 lbs weighted pull ups for 4 reps @ 156 lb bodyweight, feels good man. Form isn't full ROM but chin is just above the bar

Any of you notice that on some days it feels like you weigh more even though you're the exact same weight? Warming up today doing bodyweight and 25 lbs and I felt heavy as fuk

Originally Posted by smallasphuck View Post
    My attempt at a 1 armed chinup! Please check it out

https://vid.me/WBWO

1.83 m 80kg BW
    dam son. i can't even move myself an inch
    There and back again twice, a deep red's tale.

Originally Posted by Profpullups View Post
    Thanks FitMan! With all the reps you do, you should take a rip at one of the endurance records. It's cool that Cooper and I have converged on the 40lb-60lb pull-ups as we've trained together. Coming from a powerlifting background, I used to train heavier and with more rest (usually 5 reps x 5 working sets off 2-3min rest for my first exercise, then maybe 4-5 sets of 10 off 1 min, then some hanging row or lat pull for burn out). I learned from Cooper that upping the pull-ups per workout to the 150-180 range, and shortening the rest, can really improve endurance and technique. And now he's incorporated heavier sets. Combining the two approaches has really paid off. And yes, it was super cool and all the more inspiring for me to crank out the Guinness attempts alongside one of the world's best! Hats off to Cooper for reclaiming the edge in the +60. 23 in a minute?! How about two reps shy of the former +40 record?! That's serious.
    Prof, you're too kind. It's just been so much fun letting it rip. Look forward to continued workouts and training. Prof is too modest, but he just did a pull up with 153 lbs attached to him at a BW of 148, which is him lifting 203% of his BW. Impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1qdpbScKA

And yes, Fitman, we need someone from this thread to tackle the more endurance oriented records. Someone's got to get a GWR for an hour or longer attempt. Though the 24 hour records are getting crazy! 7306 pull ups in 24 hours, the current GWR, is an avg of 7.6 per minute for 16 hours, or 6.8 for 18 hours, or 6.1 for 20 hours. I think the first person to actually go 24 hours will set the bar unusually high. Be a pain literally and logistically, but the title might be retained longer than the current 24 hour records, which seem to go pretty quick. However, most chin ups in 24 hours is 5,050, which is "only" 5.3 per minute for 16 hours, 4.7 per minute for 18 hours, or 4.2 for 20 hours. So if one could avg say 5.5 per minute for 24 hours of either, then that would bump either mark to 7,920. That's about half my yearly pull ups in 24 hours, so way too many for me. But Fitman, you or some other endurance machine might be up for it . . .
    Last edited by cooperrun; 08-08-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Did 150 BW pull ups in 10:59 this morning, which I believe is my first time dipping below 11 minutes. Good stuff.

Now that's a workout! Good job. Do the same workout, same weight, next week, but try a set with 70 lbs to start. Hammerring heavy weight at the beginning will blast you towards some heavy weight PRs. Thanks for the post. You should be over 100 lbs in no time.
    Tried this today:

70lbs - 4 reps, hit failure on 5th rep and stopped set
    45lbs - 10 reps
    decided since the first set was such a fail to up the weight for the others
    35lbs - 12 reps
    25lbs - 14 reps
    15lbs - 14 reps
    BW - 19 reps

Tried this today:

70lbs - 4 reps, hit failure on 5th rep and stopped set
    45lbs - 10 reps
    decided since the first set was such a fail to up the weight for the others
    35lbs - 12 reps
    25lbs - 14 reps
    15lbs - 14 reps
    BW - 19 reps
    Nice! Progress. I bet with one more workout like this you'll have busted through your plateau, if you haven't already. Good work.

markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000) markcunanan is a name known to all. (+5000)

20 clean muscle ups and then some for lunch!

^^^Extreme Pullups Crew^^^
    PRs:
    BW max reps: 51 pull ups
    100 pullups for time: 6 minutes 30 seconds
    45 pound reps: 17 pull ups
    Max muscle up reps: 23 muscle ups
    Max chin ups: 45 chin ups

Registered User RespectYourself's Avatar
    RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welp, the Pull-Up Assist Pro broke on my 3rd use. One of the 2 bands snapped mid pull-up. Not too happy, surely I'm not too heavy for it!
    Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana.

fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000) fitman84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did 150 BW pull ups in 10:59 this morning, which I believe is my first time dipping below 11 minutes. Good stuff.
    Awesome job!

Cooperrun (or whoever is strong in chin ups), have you thought about most chin ups in 30' or 1h record?

Current recordholder is Mr. Hyland:
    - 30' 561 reps.
    - 60' 1.009 reps.

Definitely I have to think about a pull up goal because currently I train without any goal in mind and this is not funny :/
    Extreme pull ups Crew
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fitman84
    http://squeezeandpull.blogspot.com (Spanish)

Originally Posted by RespectYourself View Post
    Welp, the Pull-Up Assist Pro broke on my 3rd use. One of the 2 bands snapped mid pull-up. Not too happy, surely I'm not too heavy for it!
    Yikes. Sorry, dude. Never heard of that. Def get a refund and let them know.