Closed Thread
Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276
Results 8,251 to 8,262 of 8262
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by brake View Post
    Thanks.... definitely a ****ty composition. I'll look for a different one next time.
    All part of the learning process. A lot of landscape photographers will return to the same location many times before finding the right composition. That's what makes it so rewarding. Not only getting the composition right but being there at the right time in beautiful light. It's like a lottery and it's a great feeling when it comes together.

Hmmm... I always though it didn't matter on the aperture, if it's set to infinity then everything after a certain point will be in focus? Of course, aperture effects said point.
    Aperture does affect the point where acceptably sharp focus begins and then extends to 'infinity.' Download one of those depth of field apps to your phone for reference. For example, at 17mm on a 600D, @ 2.8, focusing around 20ft will extend from approximately 8ft to infinity. So if you wanted some rocks in the foreground 3ft away to be sharp for a normal sized print, it's simply not possible at that aperture — you'd need to stop down to at least f/8.

Now in a perfect world we could just stop down as far as the lens would allow, like f/22 or f/32 and get maximum DOF. Unfortunately the laws of physics spoil the party and something known as diffraction begins to rob you of sharpness. So what you gain in DOF you begin to lose to diffraction. So you need to find a tradeoff.

Diffraction is always present beyond a lens' sharpest aperture, whether you shoot on a 1mp potato camera or an 80mp medium format beast, only it's more noticeable with sensors that can resolve more detail. The more pixels manufacturers cram onto sensors, capable of resolving more detail, the more visible this effect is at higher resolution.

EDIT: Also, thanks for reminding me about not blowing out the lights in the buildings, I didn't even realise about that TBH! I always just went by the sky and how it looked, although it makes sense to dictate exposure of night shots by the highlights (herp derp)
    No problem. You'll see it in real estate photography where they wait for that perfect time where the artificial lights inside a building balance nicely with the fading ******t light outside.

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    From last fall, just rediscovered it in my archives:

All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    From last fall, just rediscovered it in my archives:

[img]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/860000_150001211826523_1779664291_o.jpg[img]
    Awesome.

Nothing beats mountains and fall colors.

cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cunfewzed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Awesome.

Agreed.

Starting to get really really jelly of FRep's locale. All I have to shoot is a boring lake

In other news, check this

There aren't AMAZINGLY AWESOME deals in there b/c BH still needs to make $$, but if you shoot Nikon there are some decent deals on brand new lenses in there.
    *LF Chat Crew
    *Misc KneeDraggers Crew
    *Misc Photography Crew
    *Misc Running Crew
    *Spring Cutters Crew
    *Misc Beard Crew
    *Child-Bearing Hips Crew

Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Awesome.

Thx! The gf said I should go to Yellowstone. I definitely want to someday.

Originally Posted by cunfewzed View Post
    Agreed.

Starting to get really really jelly of FRep's locale. All I have to shoot is a boring lake
    Hey man, I'm here, so if you ever come up this way and need some pointers on where to go...
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump

tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Still 1800 posts left in this one lol. Subbed anyway...

My d300s & lenses still haven't sold lol, my 180mm has and that's it, god damnit why won't people buy my sh*t.
    Manchester City Crew
    Photographer - tomhort.com

Originally Posted by tomdotcom View Post
    Still 1800 posts left in this one lol. Subbed anyway...

My d300s & lenses still haven't sold lol, my 180mm has and that's it, god damnit why won't people buy my sh*t.
    They changed it from 10k to 8k IIRC.

tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tomdotcom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They changed it from 10k to 8k IIRC.
    Really? Oh lol, wasn't aware of that.
    Manchester City Crew
    Photographer - tomhort.com

SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwoleSikh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had to pay australian customs $196 (GST of $110 plus custom duties) to release my goods worth $1100ish... plucking hell man. Now my goods are on their way to delivery.

Expecting to receive my 100mm f/2.8L Macro + 5d battery grip today!

insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) insomniac23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you know your busy when you have to choose between bb.com or potn on what your gonna check when you have the time

my bag has dust on it...srs
    Your Dreams are within reach

Insomniac23 goes Platinum!!!!

***Team Manlet***

Originally Posted by SwoleSikh View Post
    Had to pay australian customs $196 (GST of $110 plus custom duties) to release my goods worth $1100ish... plucking hell man. Now my goods are on their way to delivery.

Expecting to receive my 100mm f/2.8L Macro + 5d battery grip today!
    That sucks about the customs charges but I'll bet $196 + $1100 still works out a lot cheaper than buying from a local store.

re: grip, definitely makes a big difference on long shoots where you can keep your elbow tucked for less shoulder fatigue and better stability. Picking up a camera without a vertical grip just feels weird to me.

Anyway, new thread (part 3) is here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=152233293

Unfortunately I'm not a Misc mod so I can't close this one.