Closed Thread
Page 273 of 337 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,190 of 10105
    doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Necrodox View Post
    Does anyone know what type of coffee I am allowed to drink that won't break my fast? I start my fasting around 7-8 PM everyday and I need some sort of caffeine in the morning.

Also I've been looking around for some natural sweeteners and Truvia came up. Truvia wouldn't break my fast right? Can you guys recommend Truvia as a sweetener or is it the same artificial crap that'll simply screw with your body? Or should I be looking for Stevia?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    6'1 165 lbs and 16 years old. Quit fasting and go eat. You aren't finished growing. I don't think coffee is a good idea for you either. Talk to your parents and talk to your doctor about whatever issues you are having.

Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by doctapeppa View Post
    6'1 165 lbs and 16 years old. Quit fasting and go eat. You aren't finished growing. I don't think coffee is a good idea for you either. Talk to your parents and talk to your doctor about whatever issues you are having.
    I'll start eating after I've gotten my stomach to a manageable area, I have this super slump of fat that I'm trying to rid my body of. I was 200-205 lbs in May and all I want to do is get rid of my belly fat, this low slump drives me crazy and simply demoralizes me at times.

I've kept my diet clean and healthy and the only thing that seems to be really working when it comes to draining my body of my excess fat is fasting.

As far as caffeine goes I probably don't NEED it but it certainly helps, I used to take OxyElite Pro and it had 100 mg of caffeine in each capsule and I'd take one in the morning and one in the afternoon and I loved being up for classes and be able to get everything done. Without them I seem to doze off in class, tend to sleep and what not. I could probably use more sleep because I'm averaging out at around 6-7 hours daily but I can't always get as much sleep as I'd like given my schedule.

Would coffee at my age be a "bad" thing? Also I've been looking into Stevia sweeteners, any recommendations or do you think I should stay away from things like Stevia and Splenda?

doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll start eating after I've gotten my stomach to a manageable area, I have this super slump of fat that I'm trying to rid my body of. I was 200-205 lbs in May and all I want to do is get rid of my belly fat, this low slump drives me crazy and simply demoralizes me at times.

I've kept my diet clean and healthy and the only thing that seems to be really working when it comes to draining my body of my excess fat is fasting.

As far as caffeine goes I probably don't NEED it but it certainly helps, I used to take OxyElite Pro and it had 100 mg of caffeine in each capsule and I'd take one in the morning and one in the afternoon and I loved being up for classes and be able to get everything done. Without them I seem to doze off in class, tend to sleep and what not. I could probably use more sleep because I'm averaging out at around 6-7 hours daily but I can't always get as much sleep as I'd like given my schedule.

Would coffee at my age be a "bad" thing? Also I've been looking into Stevia sweeteners, any recommendations or do you think I should stay away from things like Stevia and Splenda?
    Look. You are 16. You think you know it all. I know what that's like I was there too. The problem with dieting at your age is that if you are in a hypocaloric state your body may not have the the nutrients that it needs to help you finish growing and maturing. If you have extra body fat you want to get rid of then go get some extra exercise. Maybe even limit your ingestion of hamburgers or pizza but please don't subject yourself to calorie restriction. Fasting is even worse, because not only has it been researched very little, in children, it has not been researched at all. This is something that could potentially affect you for the rest of your life. Do you want to risk being 6 inches shorter forever? Don't fast and don't diet and don't come searching the internet for answers for anything in life. Talk to your doctor, your parents and your teachers. By all means, read and educate yourself, but don't make decisions that can affect you for the rest of your life by asking people on the internet.

You are 6'1 165 lbs. You are not fat.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Look. You are 16. You think you know it all. I know what that's like I was there too. The problem with dieting at your age is that if you are in a hypocaloric state your body may not have the the nutrients that it needs to help you finish growing and maturing. If you have extra body fat you want to get rid of then go get some extra exercise. Maybe even limit your ingestion of hamburgers or pizza but please don't subject yourself to calorie restriction. Fasting is even worse, because not only has it been researched very little, in children, it has not been researched at all. This is something that could potentially affect you for the rest of your life. Do you want to risk being 6 inches shorter forever? Don't fast and don't diet and don't come searching the internet for answers for anything in life. Talk to your doctor, your parents and your teachers. By all means, read and educate yourself, but don't make decisions that can affect you for the rest of your life by asking people on the internet.

THis
    not to mention the social restrictions and screwing with hormones at your age
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Necrodox is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Well I can't exactly say the 165 lb weight is accurate considering a pretty old scale was used (for all I know I could be 175 lbs, or even 180 lbs). Also I'm not restricting calories, I'm eating around 2200-2400 calories daily and working out Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I've simply changed my eating habits (no more junk food and what not), simply better food choices.

Lean meats, loads of vegetables and fruits. I also simply incorporate a 18-24 hour fast twice a week, is it really that big of a threat? I've been doing it for three weeks now and I feel much slimmer and I like it, I'm having positive effects.

My workout looks like this;

Monday - Chest and Tricep

- Flat Bench Press 8-10 reps x 3
    - Decline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 3
    - Dumbbell Flyes 8-10 reps x 3
    - Incline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 3

- Tricep Extensions 8-10 reps x 3
    - Close Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Tricep Dips (till' failure) x 2

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Bicep and Shoulders

- Alternating Bicep Curls 8-10 reps x 3
    - Barbell Bicep Curls 8-10 (inner and outer grip) reps x 4
    - Hammer Curls 8-10 reps x 3

- Shoulder Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Arnold Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Standing Dumbbell Upright Rows 10-12 reps x 3

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Legs and Back

- Dumbbell Rows 10 reps x 4
    - Reverse Grip Bent-Over Barbell Rows 8 reps x 4

- Leg Curls 10-12 x 3
    - Deadlift 8-10 x 4
    - Dumbbell Squats 10-12 x 4
    - Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise 8-10 x 3

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Abdominals

- P90X Ab Ripper X

Am I going about this the right way, with my workout, diet and all or should I simply up my calorie intake further? I'm sorry if I come off as a "know it all" per se, but I mean advice that simply rides along as just "go eat" doesn't exactly sit well with me considering I used to be a chubby fat bastard haha. I really appreciate the advice aswell, so thanks again!
    Last edited by Necrodox; 10-24-2010 at 08:06 PM.

MMAKidChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in the same boat also. I just turned 17 and IF well the LeanGains approach makes me feel much stronger and leaner. Plus I've talked to my doctor and she suggested I use Atkins or a Southbeach diet in order for me to lose weight and body fat "/

Originally Posted by MMAKidChris View Post
    I'm in the same boat also. I just turned 17 and IF well the LeanGains approach makes me feel much stronger and leaner. Plus I've talked to my doctor and she suggested I use Atkins or a Southbeach diet in order for me to lose weight and body fat "/
    Your doctor needs to have his license taken away. Seriously.

MMAKidChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol yeah but in a sense carbs make me feel like a fatass and when I do IF I feel more satisfied and more focused.

Originally Posted by MMAKidChris View Post
    Lol yeah but in a sense carbs make me feel like a fatass and when I do IF I feel more satisfied and more focused.
    Likewise, I've been trying different diets (I tried that whole six small meals a day thing while bulking, BOY was that a disaster) and when I started IF I could simply eat like a champ and still stay leaner.

I mean I know I can't exactly just look at myself and say "oh well, i just lost 2% of bodyfat!" but I honestly just feel different, and it's that feeling alone that keeps me pushing through and continuing my workout and diet dedication.

I was also curious, I eat lunch at 12PM and I workout a 3-3:10PM exactly, would that be considered "fasted training" or would I need to be like 10+ hours fasted to have it really be considered "fasted training". Weird question, but just curious!

Thanks in advance!

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz

I was also curious, I eat lunch at 12PM and I workout a 3-3:10PM exactly, would that be considered "fasted training" or would I need to be like 10+ hours fasted to have it really be considered "fasted training". Weird question, but just curious!

Thanks in advance!
    Training before you actually eat (lol)
    As in before 12PM or not eating "lunch" until after your 3pm workout
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Training before you actually eat (lol)
    As in before 12PM or not eating "lunch" until after your 3pm workout
    Gottcha, then I guess I'll do that.

I'll probably have one serving of Jack3d and one serving of Purple Wraath Juicy Grape, used in conjunction with one another; that wouldn't break the fast would it? They both have 0 calories so I'm assuming no?

Could I mix them with 4 oz of Gatorade (should be around 20-25 calories, sorry for all the questions)?

I'll probably have one serving of Jack3d and one serving of Purple Wraath Juicy Grape, used in conjunction with one another; that wouldn't break the fast would it? They both have 0 calories so I'm assuming no?

Could I mix them with 4 oz of Gatorade (should be around 20-25 calories, sorry for all the questions)?
    Why are you trying to do this in the first place. Eat lunch at school with everyone else. Lift hard at 3 and put on some muscle while you have age on your side.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Why are you trying to do this in the first place. Eat lunch at school with everyone else. Lift hard at 3 and put on some muscle while you have age on your side.
    I'm just trying to lower my body fat percentage. Honestly, I probably won't even end up doing this, I'll simply skip breakfast like I usually do, eat lunch, and like you said lift hard and gain muscle hah.

I'm actually trying to find out what really "breaks" a fast, how many calories?
    Last edited by Necrodox; 10-24-2010 at 09:09 PM.

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It there a best kind of training routine as i don't see much posts regarding to the exercises and the best kind of workout one can do on this Diet
    At the moment i am training 1 body part . Heavy , but some exercises i can't do like squats , deads , barbell row , because of a back injury
    drinu

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well I can't exactly say the 165 lb weight is accurate considering a pretty old scale was used (for all I know I could be 175 lbs, or even 180 lbs). Also I'm not restricting calories, I'm eating around 2200-2400 calories daily and working out Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I've simply changed my eating habits (no more junk food and what not), simply better food choices.

Lean meats, loads of vegetables and fruits. I also simply incorporate a 18-24 hour fast twice a week, is it really that big of a threat? I've been doing it for three weeks now and I feel much slimmer and I like it, I'm having positive effects.

My workout looks like this;

Monday - Chest and Tricep

- Flat Bench Press 8-10 reps x 3
    - Decline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 3
    - Dumbbell Flyes 8-10 reps x 3
    - Incline Bench Press 8-10 reps x 3

- Tricep Extensions 8-10 reps x 3
    - Close Grip Bench Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Tricep Dips (till' failure) x 2

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Bicep and Shoulders

- Alternating Bicep Curls 8-10 reps x 3
    - Barbell Bicep Curls 8-10 (inner and outer grip) reps x 4
    - Hammer Curls 8-10 reps x 3

- Shoulder Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Arnold Press 8-10 reps x 4
    - Standing Dumbbell Upright Rows 10-12 reps x 3

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Legs and Back

- Dumbbell Rows 10 reps x 4
    - Reverse Grip Bent-Over Barbell Rows 8 reps x 4

- Leg Curls 10-12 x 3
    - Deadlift 8-10 x 4
    - Dumbbell Squats 10-12 x 4
    - Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise 8-10 x 3

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - Abdominals

- P90X Ab Ripper X

Am I going about this the right way, with my workout, diet and all or should I simply up my calorie intake further? I'm sorry if I come off as a "know it all" per se, but I mean advice that simply rides along as just "go eat" doesn't exactly sit well with me considering I used to be a chubby fat bastard haha. I really appreciate the advice aswell, so thanks again!
    In addition to what everyone else said, get on a prooven beginner's routine ... your routine is not very good.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just to throw this in....fasting is not "harmful" to teenagers, so to speak.

Example: I am 17. I practice IF.

I have had no negative effects with this.

It only becomes a problem if you're not eating enough, or trying to restrict yourself from certain food groups. But that will happen with any diet. It's in my honest opinion that teens especially, unless dieting for a competition, need to focus on being HEALTHY rather than trying to "diet", unless they are morbidly obese and at a high risk of diseases if they don't.

All in all, fasting is just fine. It works for some, it doesn't work for others. If you notice anything negative stemming from it, STOP fasting! But if not, then it doesn't matter, whether you're a teenager or 75.

ALSO...coffee is not BAD for teens either, but I wouldn't recommend getting hooked on stims. Take it from me, being around your age and having been addicted caffeine for over 5 years...it's not an easy habit to break. After awhile you lose your buzz, and all you're drinking coffee for is:

1) pleasure

2) to "normalize" yourself

Coffee doesn't make me feel awake anymore. Now it takes something 10x stronger to give me a kick. It's also not the best thing in the world for your adrenal glands, or your digestive system, if you have IBS-like problems.

IF YOU'RE TIRED, SLEEP. That's all there is to it. Especially at 16-17, you NEED your sleep!
    ^_^

hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hamton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why are you taking so many stuff. I would say all you need is Purple Wraath if you are training fasted. That means at least 8 hours of no food intake prior to a workout. Ideally you want it to be right before the start of your 8 hour eating window (16 hours fast before working out on an empty stomach). If you have eaten something beforehand then you don't need to take anything at all. If you have problem staying awake during your workout at your age, something is off.

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Just to throw this in....fasting is not "harmful" to teenagers, so to speak.

Example: I am 17. I practice IF.

I have had no negative effects with this.
    however you are also female
    Done with development
    Males can continue until 20.
    Founder of MMDELAD

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    however you are also female
    Done with development
    Males can continue until 20.
    IMO, I don't see it being a negative thing unless he's experiencing negative side effects.

But that goes with anything. If something doesn't work for you, change it.
    ^_^

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If something doesn't work for you, change it.
    Precisely.

Dont mean to digress, but did you ever figure out the whole "energy dip" you were going through Fit? I know you said during your fasting you always felt tired, lethargic, etc. I still get those days too and Ive oddly found that its usually the days I get 8+ hours of sleep . However, if I sleep 6-7 hours I feel fine and dandy.
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•

SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SkyZero has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    anybody on IF train 2/day? curious because I was thinking of doing some LISS cardio after work but that would be in the middle of my fasting. weight-lifting sessions are usually in the morning with me breaking my fast post-workout.

might be overkill but curious what others thought of it.
    myBodyBlog: http://blog.bodybuilding.com/SkyZero

myJournal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4370453

Originally Posted by SkyZero View Post
    anybody on IF train 2/day? curious because I was thinking of doing some LISS cardio after work but that would be in the middle of my fasting. weight-lifting sessions are usually in the morning with me breaking my fast post-workout.

might be overkill but curious what others thought of it.
    Not currently but I did this summer and may do again come January
    I would do cardio in the AM upon waking, work, lift after work, eat.
    No ill side effects for me.
    Founder of MMDELAD

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep View Post
    Precisely.

Dont mean to digress, but did you ever figure out the whole "energy dip" you were going through Fit? I know you said during your fasting you always felt tired, lethargic, etc. I still get those days too and Ive oddly found that its usually the days I get 8+ hours of sleep . However, if I sleep 6-7 hours I feel fine and dandy.
    Yeah, it was mainly just a lack of good rest on my part!

And it is possible to "oversleep" which is probably what you experienced. I get that when I have more than 8 hours of sleep.
    ^_^

The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, it was mainly just a lack of good rest on my part!

And it is possible to "oversleep" which is probably what you experienced. I get that when I have more than 8 hours of sleep.
    Good to hear you figured that out, sleep is often overlooked by a lot of people. I usually figure more is better than not enough
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep View Post
    Good to hear you figured that out, sleep is often overlooked by a lot of people. I usually figure more is better than not enough
    Yes. More is better than not enough.
    You may have felt low energy after sleeping over 8hours because your body was tired...wut?
    The reason you overslept is the same reason you had low energy-->body (still) needing more rest.
    You didnt have low energy because you overslept but rather the other way around.
    Founder of MMDELAD

frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frivolousz21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have incorportated fasting into my keto diet, I do not workout with weights...and it kicked my fat burning into Over Drive and stabalized my energy and focus.

I feel great on it.
    http://everydaystl.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    In addition to what everyone else said, get on a prooven beginner's routine ... your routine is not very good.
    Is my workout honestly that bad?

Originally Posted by hamton View Post
    Why are you taking so many stuff. I would say all you need is Purple Wraath if you are training fasted. That means at least 8 hours of no food intake prior to a workout. Ideally you want it to be right before the start of your 8 hour eating window (16 hours fast before working out on an empty stomach). If you have eaten something beforehand then you don't need to take anything at all. If you have problem staying awake during your workout at your age, something is off.
    Well it's not staying awake during my workouts haha, just school in the afternoon. I tend to doze off and I hate doing that lol. After school I'm perfectly fine.

All I take is Jack3d on certain days (if I feel a tad bit sluggish or didn't get a decent nights sleep, usually less than four hours), Jack3d, whey, and casein.

I wanted to incorporate the amino acids considering the benefits when training fasted, I mean aminos honestly couldn't hurt, could they?

Registered User TheReductionist's Avatar
    TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just trying to lower my body fat percentage. Honestly, I probably won't even end up doing this, I'll simply skip breakfast like I usually do, eat lunch, and like you said lift hard and gain muscle hah.

I'm actually trying to find out what really "breaks" a fast, how many calories?
    As others have already said, you are 6'1" and 165lbs, I highly doubt that the small amount of fat on your stomach is that bad. Obviously your goal is to get clear, defined abs but in your current situation, there isn't really any use. Being a teen myself, I realise the appeal of having a 6 pack, but look long term rather than short term.

You're young and lean, giving you the perfect oppurtunity to pack on some good mass. If you were to spend the next year or even more working towards putting on a good amount of mass and strength you would have a much better frame to work with, abs would be a lot more solid and your body would look more proportioned.

If you were to try and continue to get that small amount of body fat off your stomach, sure you may have a 6 pack, but you wouldn't have a great frame to show it off with. If you were to then spend the next year or so trying to put some mass on, you would then have to work towards getting that extra body fat off your stomach again.

In the long run, getting some mass on now and getting defined abs later, realistically, would work out better for you. You are still young, give every gym session your all, eat a balance of foods and live life, don't worry so much about all the details. Martin wrote an article about the success and longevity of people who seperate working out from their everyday lives, concluding that those who who did so, ended up with better results mentally and physically. Don't let working out and diet seclude you from your friends and social events, live and enjoy life.
    It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies
    - Arthur Calwell
    Arnold's favourite supplement:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXe4ZNdhOIU&feature=related
    Shutup and Squat

Originally Posted by TheReductionist View Post
    As others have already said, you are 6'1" and 165lbs, I highly doubt that the small amount of fat on your stomach is that bad. Obviously your goal is to get clear, defined abs but in your current situation, there isn't really any use. Being a teen myself, I realise the appeal of having a 6 pack, but look long term rather than short term.

You're young and lean, giving you the perfect oppurtunity to pack on some good mass. If you were to spend the next year or even more working towards putting on a good amount of mass and strength you would have a much better frame to work with, abs would be a lot more solid and your body would look more proportioned.

If you were to try and continue to get that small amount of body fat off your stomach, sure you may have a 6 pack, but you wouldn't have a great frame to show it off with. If you were to then spend the next year or so trying to put some mass on, you would then have to work towards getting that extra body fat off your stomach again.

In the long run, getting some mass on now and getting defined abs later, realistically, would work out better for you. You are still young, give every gym session your all, eat a balance of foods and live life, don't worry so much about all the details. Martin wrote an article about the success and longevity of people who seperate working out from their everyday lives, concluding that those who who did so, ended up with better results mentally and physically. Don't let working out and diet seclude you from your friends and social events, live and enjoy life.
    Yeah without a doubt, I know it sounds like I want that ripped six pack abs and what not (who wouldn't? haha) but my real goal is to just to have a flat stomach so I don't have to suck in my gut all the time (it's so embarrassing).

Hell I don't even do ab workouts, I simply stick to my workout routine (posted it in the previous page, feel free to check it out and critique it for any altercations you might throw in there I would really appreciate it!). With my workout it feels like my abs somewhat get hammered through the compound lifting so little by little I'm working them, and I'm in no rush believe me.

I'm not stressing about calories either, I definitely take into account my age and how I can easily put on some serious mass. I'm intaking around 2200-2500 calories now, today alone I've had around 2700 calories. I think my workout is solid for bulking (once again, previous page please critique haha).

When I first began lifting rather seriously I was rockin' that six meals a day thing and it sucked, it really strained my schedule and ever since I've started IF my schedule has been so clean and flexible and I love it. IF makes my dieting simple, just trying to find out all that I can about it so I know how to flex my schedule even more. :P

I appreciate the input man, thanks!

I'm not stressing...
    After reading your past few posts it seems like all you do is stress. I dont mean to come off as harsh, but you sound like just like me (and many other newbies) when I started lifting--which is young, naive, and worrying over minute details that in the grand scheme of things dont mean squat!

Seriously, Im glad I didnt have the Internet so much when i first started because all you do is end up flooding your mind with a lot of advanced and/or worthless information that you shouldn't even look at. For someone like you, just eat a solid, balanced diet, add weight to the bar (primarily compound moves like Squat, Deadlifts, Rows, Presses), dont waste money on "hyped-up" supplements, and ENJOY YOUR YOUTH! Go out with friends, play sports, do your homework, get a part-time job, anything. Seriously, it pains me to see you make a post everyday about "How many aminos will break your fast". YOU ARE 16! Eat, enjoy life, lift, and spend less time on the forum reading about "Ultra Hypertrophy Routine X" or buying "Super Anadraulic Pump Xplosion GTS 5000 and you'll be amazed at what progress you can make in a short period of time.
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

Closed Thread
Page 273 of 337 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 ... LastLast