Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by 4Bertuzzi4 View Post
    You banged a girl and didn't make a huge deal out of it. I think you're cured. Keep slaying, brother.
    Hahaha thanks bro

artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100) artdecade is not very well liked. (-100)
    Day 67 - Pretty unremarkable day so far. Nothing really springs to mind to report. I could definitely waffle on with reflections of being 67 days in haha but I'll probably save that for Day 70.

Had a chitty night's sleep but probably not related to the reboot. Just couldn't drop off.

Got up late but have been fairly productive. Went into to town to buy cleaning products. Whilst I was walking this middle-aged woman, quite rough but not atrocious, really gave me the eye as she walked past. Could have been giving me evils I guess but seems unlikely. Quite a nice boost and definitely feel attractive at the moment. Probably because I'm still in the post-shag afterglow.

The whole increased attraction aspect of NoFap always seemed like bullchit to me. But it's definitely noticeable to some extent. Really it's due to carrying myself more confidently and a better mood, not anything magical.

Mood is decent again. Feeling a lot calmer about the position I'm in, have done a good job of breaking it down into chunks and that's stopped me getting overwhelmed.

If I think about it too much it gets a bit scary haha but I think I just need to crack on. In the eye of the storm a little right now but should settle once I get this week out the way. Then it will be onto the next challenge

TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrynaBeast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dang OP sounds like you're finally hitting your stride. Keep it up and hopefully things go well with that girl.
    Glad to hear it seems like things are turning around for you and are better on average these past days

Originally Posted by TrynaBeast View Post
    Dang OP sounds like you're finally hitting your stride. Keep it up and hopefully things go well with that girl.
    Glad to hear it seems like things are turning around for you and are better on average these past days
    Thank you mate appreciate the support.

Yeah feeling pretty good right now. Need to get my life sorted but feels like I've got some of the faith back in myself.

Not sure there's too much future with her, I'm leaving the area on Friday so it's pretty bad timing. I like her but tbf not sure it's got that sort of potential anyway. We'll see

Day 68 - Thought today may be a good time to list some of the changes I’ve noticed. Been a couple of weeks since I’ve focused on that:

Physical: In my mind the physical changes are purely related to quitting. My lifestyle is definitely still worse than pre-reboot (diet, hydration, sleep, exercise) so positive changes can’t really be tied to anything else. Possible some of it is placebo or reflective of a better self-esteem I suppose but I am naturally quite skeptical.

- Dik looks healthier. It’s weirdly turned a little darker. Definitely bigger when flaccid. Erections continue to be harder than pre-reboot.
    - Couple other positive changes with the penis. Pre-reboot it was quite common for my bell end to have quite a strong smell. It could have an almost fish-like odour at times, noticeable despite maintaining good hygiene. Potentially smegma or some disgusting chit like that, but I would always wash it after pmoing. It feels to me like it was more hormonal, like messed up pH balance or something. Anyway, now the odour is completely neutral.
    Also used to have a perennial whitehead spot under the ridge of my bell (my old dik starting to sound like Quasimodo) that I had kinda got used to. That’s gone too. Guessing I’d irritated the skin by too much rubbing.
    - Balls definitely hang lower, no question about that. Said before that they used too retract sometimes and would actually go into my body (talk about symbolism) but now they hang low. Also swear they’ve got bigger but not 100% on that.
    - Muscle definition. This is a nuanced one as my physique has definitely worsened over the last two months because I’ve stopped going to the gym (will start again next week). Therefore my muscles are obviously less defined. But I’d say that the degradation has been capped and I’ve retained more muscle than I would have before.
    - Face is brighter. Still noticing improvements on acne, not gone and not perfect but definitely better.
    - Eyes look brighter. More of a sharpness there and the whites of my eyeballs are whiter, get bloodshot less.

Mental/emotional: These obviously could be related to a plethora of factors, mainly my decision to leave my job and leave the area, so it’s impossible to say directly that recovery is the only reason.

- Emotional sensitivity has plateaued over the last few weeks. Still a lot better, can ‘hype’ myself up into tears quite easily, but there’s been little change since back in the forties.
    - Social anxiety has definitely improved over the last week. It still fluctuates but feeling free of anxiety, or even confident, is happening more often.
    - Getting slightly more of a proactive mindset. Subtle change, nothing revolutionary at the moment, but I am noticing improvements over the last week.
    - Mojo is returning. Possibly because of the recent shag but I’ve got a ‘bounce’ about me again. Feel like I’ve got style again. Walking around I feel pretty good to be me, feeling good looking and enjoying leaning into being me. I remember seeing a video of Gavin McCinnes (who is funny af but still a political retard) talking about NoWanks, he said that it’s “You dipped in you sauce”, and I’m starting to feel that way over the last few days. I’m wanting to play up to the extreme parts of my personality again, wanting to show off. This isn’t torrential yet but it’s been clear over the last few days.
    - More emotional security. Had a down-turn on Day 63 but bounced back from that really quickly, don’t feel quite so afraid of negative emotions. Feel a bit more lightness around myself, guess taking myself a little less seriously.
    - Voice is stronger and more stable. Subtle but it’s not going high pitch and sounding less pussy.

Don’t want to analyse the mental improvements too much rn as I recognise I may just be in a good patch. I’m in holiday mode a little atm and definitely stepped outside regular life. Also the validation from the shag the other day is a factor I’m sure, seeing her again today.

I anticipate a drop-off over the next few days, it seems inevitable, so the true test will be how I react to reality hitting. In 24 hours or so the reality that I’ll be 27 living back with my mum will hit and that will bring challenges.

Right now though, this is how I feel and this is what I’ve noticed. Feel like I may be forgetting some chit so may edit more later

Day 69 (i) - Had another date last night with the girl from the other day. Quite a nice one really but pretty certain I don't want anything more with her. She's a sweet girl but we didn't really have too much to talk about, with sparks only flying when I was flirting or making her laugh. Don't want to be harsh but found her pretty dull throughout the evening.

Kinda relieved I'm leaving now tbh as serves as bit of a clean break from it. She seems really keen and if I was staying I'd probably have to have an awkward conversation. As it is I was able to use the line about being in a stressful position, not sure my future etc so that was alright.

Shagged this morning and it was much better than earlier in the week. Performance was nothing extraordinary but lasted a lot longer and felt more in control. Going slower seemed to be the key. Much happier with how it went compared to last time. Encouraging sign of progress.

Still feeling fairly good overall. Bit of a dip from past few days simply because of the immediacy of the stress. Also can feel a bit isolating when you're intimate with someone you're not that fond of really. Makes you feel a bit of an arse

Day 69 (ii) - So I've now moved out and left the city. Back home. Moving out was immensely stressful. My fear about my car packing up on the way came true. Had to call out road recovery, was waiting for nearly three hours. Just panicking really because all my chit was in the car and I didn't know what I'd do if they couldn't fix it.

But fix it they did. I got home and all that stress is behind me. I've done it. It's a bit of a hollow victory, certainly not one I'll savour for long, but it feels good to get through it.

And the icing on the cake was a letter from the police. They said my wallet has been handed in and to call them to arrange a pick up. Absolutely delighted. I doubt the money will be there but getting my cards and ID back will save a lot of hassle. A bad day flipped into a pretty good one very quickly.

Think I kept a cool head during the stress which I'll credit the reboot with, maybe a bit of a stretch. Hard to say how I feel really as I've been so distracted but I'd say pretty positive still

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    absolute fukking mental case srs
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SirFapsAIot View Post
    absolute fukking mental case srs
    let me improve this thread a bit

Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good job bro proud of you.

Originally Posted by Ondle View Post
    Good job bro proud of you.
    Cheers bro

Day 71 - Had a good day yesterday, marking my 70th day clean by watching football with my mate. Had a good time.

Feeling pretty good. It's nice to be back home. Not sure how long this feeling will last, definitely still a yin of chaos within the yang of my overall happiness. The unpredictability of my position is scary and my anxiety of that will grow. But at the moment I'm content with basking in the warmth of the familial familiarity.

Really need to get my head down and start building the life I want. If I can accept patience, if I can accept delayed gratification, then anything is possible. Need to decide what the goal is though.

My mind is not dominated by the reboot so much anymore. I'm not thinking about it constantly and I'm no longer seeing everything through the lens of recovery. That's ultimately a good thing as obsession with recovery is usually a sign of an addicted brain. Starting to focus on other areas is a strong sign that my brain has healed somewhat.

I have to take a moment to reflect though on completing 71 days now. I am quickly approaching my previous record (Day 75). For more than nine weeks I've been abstaining. It's been quite a journey.

The changes I'm beginning to notice are profound. I am feeling happier, less anxious, and more confident - especially over the last week or so. But it is still early days. Look back throughout my entries. I have been clear since the beginning that significant improvements will likely take place after 3-6 months of recovery.

It's hard to imagine now. This streak feels like it's been going for so long that the common sense logic would state that all the healing would have occured. But knowing the neuroscience behind it, I understand that more time is needed.

Knowing this is very exciting. I am starting to notice the changes and I can be confident that more profound ones are in my future

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    let me improve this thread a bit

LOL

100%

this.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50) D00R will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I read no release is unhealthy for a man.
    (The Forest Burns and with It Something Inside Me)

Originally Posted by D00R View Post
    I read no release is unhealthy for a man.
    No release at all probably would be unhealthy, though I think it's a little more nuanced than that. Monks are celibate and they seem pretty healthy.

But I agree that for the average guy, definitely me anyway, no release would be unhealthy. That's why I'm still having sex (when I can) and wet dreams. Removed masturbation for the time being but may re-introduce that in a few months.

Think it's important to understand that No Pron ≠ No release

Day 72 - In a weird place right now and that’s why I’m not quite sure what to write here. Definitely don’t feel like writing essays anymore. In many ways it has been like stepping back in time. Out of work and back living at home is certainly a regression. Without my wallet at the moment only adds to the oddity. I was watching Seinfeld today, the episode where George moves back in with his parents and that definitely was very relatable. This is only a temporary position, a deliberate choice to take a transitional period to ensure I can make a smarter decision about my future, and I need to remind myself of that.

I am still feeling pretty good though. Definitely healthier, both physically and mentally. Yet there is a growing anxiety. I’ve been back here for two or three days and already I’m getting that itch. Have to be grateful for it as that’s what will propel me forward but I have to react to it in the appropriate way. Sorting out some temporary employment at the moment which will transform things.

Did go to the gym today for the first time in a month. Will focus on that over the next few days, looking to get into a good routine. Also my diet and sleep has improved massively. Lifestyle improving is key. If I can combine that with more of a social life then I’ll be happy but I need to put myself out there. Just don’t quite know where ‘there’ is

The reboot continues successfully. Probably hit a bit of a lull period. The benefits are still there but they haven’t really had the opportunity to shine over the last few days. Just need to let it continue bubbling away in the background. Need to push myself into challenging situations as this will allow further growth.

Day 73 - Quite a dull day. Don’t really have too much to comment on, situation is much the same as yesterday. Feeling unstimulated but recognise that this is temporary - accepting that I’ll look back on this period with longing when I am back in work.

Reboot plods along. I have to admit I did masturbate for about 20 seconds or so whilst in the shower. Mentioning just to keep a record. I am feeling horny, wish I was back in the old city so I could sleep with that girl from last week but alas. Not many candidates around. Online dating is going to be a lot less fruitful here. Need other avenues for meeting girls.

Important that my mindset shifts. I’ve been better. Going to the gym, being slightly more productive, diet better etc. But I need to get into hustle mode. All about patience right now. Accepting I’m in a graft period and that more days in the sun will come.

Something I want to note for anyone who’s been following my journal. About 10 days ago I lost my wallet with £150 in it on the train. Got a letter on Friday from the police saying it had been handed in. Had logically assumed that the money would be gone but I called them today and miraculously it’s still there. Pretty incredible really

Day 74 - Have to admit my mood really crashed today. Felt incredibly lethargic, lacking confidence and an overwhelming sense of being muddled.

Hard to write in this journal ATM. Clearly other things are impacting me. Really I'm dealing with an existential crisis unrelated to addiction recovery.

Reboot continues. I have had more bouts of masturbation sessions over last few days. Imagine it's my mind desperate for any stimulation. Need to be fully aware of it and cut it out.

Tomorrow I will equal my longest ever streak. Absolutely crazy. I will make more effort with that post and try to actually articulate what's been going on internally for the last few days.

Few doubts have crept in again. Is this really the answer? But I've been clear from the start that 3-6 months is when significant recovery will have happened. 74 days is still relatively early in the process. Must persist

Day 75 - Well I've officially equalled my longest ever streak. Feels great to say that, it's been incredibly difficult over the last 18 months to get a good streak going and I'm really proud of myself for never giving up. Tomorrow I'll be stepping into uncharted territory, only two weeks until I reach the coveted 90.

I'll issue my standard warning that this is still early days. Recovery from such a deep rooted addiction is going to take longer than 10 and a bit weeks. Realistically looking at months more. But I think the next 105 days will be when the more profound changes become more apparent.

Still a lot has changed over 75 days. Back in the middle of March I was deeply tangled up. Desperately wanting to leave my job, unhappy where I lived but frozen, and being strung along by some bich.

The reboot has made me question my life and empowered me to make changes. In many ways I've had to take a step back, recognising that progress could only come by first deconstructing my previous life. I'm in the midst of that transition. But making that difficult yet necessary decision was the sign of a man who knows his worth. I am confident I am on the right course.

There's been decent signs of improvements despite still being early in the process. I am feeling more confident, less anxious and comparatively more peace of mind. Nothing groundbreaking but definite improvement.

Erections have got a lot better. Morning wood is a daily occurrence. Still think there's more potential there but it's noticeably better. Face is fresher, eyes sharper and complexion healthier.

Have I had doubts over the streak? Definitely. This past week I've lost some focus on the reboot and definitely had my faith tested. But I felt a lot better today, way more productive and more patient.

To talk about my actual day, I've recovered from the difficulty of the last few days ans I'm feeling rejuvenated. It's about adjusting my mentality to work now, adjusting to putting effort in.

Change takes time. One can't expect instant transformation over night. All that can be done is little aspects each day, recognising that it will tally up to revolution after a while

Day 76 - Another crash again today. Had a chitty night’s sleep and that really set me off on the wrong foot. Even had another little masturbation session, probably a minute or two, whilst showering. Just craving some stimulation and something to distract myself from my current position. I'm a bit worried about that, I need to address it again as my control of it seems to be slipping.

Spent the morning in bed and then just lounged for the rest of it. I did manage to tick off some of my daily rules, meditated and had a cold bath, but most of the day was a wash out. Just felt miserable, lost and confused.

I’m being melodramatic, that is my style as anyone who’s been following this can probably tell. Really things ain’t so bad. I’m just in a transitional phase. This was a deliberate choice, leaving my old life and taking some time to chart a new one. But I don’t like uncertainty. I don’t like not knowing where I’m going. Knowing this was inevitable doesn’t really help me when I get in the sort of state I was in earlier.

I know what’s required. Patience. Patience with the reboot. Patience with myself to figure out the direction I want to take. This current chapter won’t last long, it’s inevitable I will start work in some capacity relatively soon. I have no other choice. So I should just be calm. Good times are in my future again, just need to trust the process.

Officially my longest ever streak. Two weeks away from the 90. But there's still a long way to go until I fully recover. Must remain patient

Day 77 - Another day ticked off. Mood was slightly more stable today, certainly not feeling great but not hit the lows of the past few days.

In a strange place in the reboot and my life in general. Need to lower my expectations of the next few weeks and just be willing to go with it. Progress will gradually happen.

Really do have to address mastubation again. Been doing it pretty consistently over the last few days now, today I did it for a minute or two again.

I know what it's about. I'm bored at the moment. Bored but also hesitant to take risk. The conditions are there. Need to be wary.

I think it's also because I am losing some focus on the reboot. I've got so many things on my mind that it has naturally gone on the back burner.

Need to remind myself that all of this is expected. There's still a way to go yet. But progress has been made. I'm closing in on 90 days which is a big landmark.

Off out tonight. Going to spend time with my step bro, not seen him for a while. Just gonna watch the football then grab a few drinks. Nothing too major but will be nice to let my hair down a bit

Day 79 (i) - There has actually been some internal progress since I last posted. I have successfully avoided unnecessary smartphone/internet use over the last two days. Given my situation and general isolation, this has essentially meant zero phone use. Surprisingly, it has been easy to do so. By tackling the Matrix in stages—first pornography (79 days without it) and then YouTube (29 days without it)—I've reduced the allure of the device. It’s like castrating a bull by banding: as the power of the phone slowly drained, the final removal was straightforward.

I don’t want to be too cocky, after all, it’s only been two days, but I am delighted with this development and its effects.

Avoiding my phone has had the effect of slowing down time for me. It feels somewhat soulful, almost like a return to innocence. I feel a lot calmer and life seems a lot less hectic. It feels self-evident now that being constantly connected to the Matrix is anxiety-inducing. Yesterday, I thought, “This is so lovely, but it surely can't be sustainable. This feels more like a holiday than a real alternative.” Today, I see how silly that is. This was life for everyone pre-2010.

To clarify, I’m not avoiding all smartphone use, which would be nearly impossible in the modern world. Instead, I am avoiding mindless use—resisting the instinct to pick up the device when bored, using it to distract myself during idle moments or even during active engagement (watching TV, on the toilet, even driving). That is the issue for me.

I’m not singling out a specific aspect of my internet use. Porn was the worst part, but it seems to be tamed now. YouTube was another major distraction, and that has also been eliminated. However, even without these, I continued to use my phone just as much, filling the vacuum with other activities.

Scrolling through Reddit, swiping on dating apps, playing chess, writing in the notes app—it didn’t matter what I was doing; what mattered was the motivation behind it. I was chasing an escape, anything to avoid being alone with my own thoughts, anything to avoid the void of just existing.

I genuinely believe that this has a catastrophic effect on mental health and general wellbeing. This experiment reminded me of Philip Zimbardo’s ‘Arousal Addiction’ hypothesis from his ‘Demise of Guys’ TED talk. Zimbardo argues that young men suffer from arousal addiction primarily due to internet pornography and video games, and that constant stimulation from sources providing endless novelty is rewiring men’s brains. If you’ve read my journal, it aligns with this logic.

Early in this journal, I mentioned wanting to unplug from the Matrix. Rather than going cold turkey, I thought it better to stagger my exit. I have done so effectively: internet porn 79 days ago, YouTube 29 days ago, and now mindless phone use. I am very proud to have done so. It's way too early to say I have conquered any of this but I know that now, at the very least, it is conquerable

Day 79 (ii) - Without my phone or the internet to distract me, I have returned to one of my old loves: reading. In the last 28 hours or so, I have read three books. None of them were particularly challenging; in fact, they were all ‘airport reads’:

- Notes from a Nervous Planet
    - Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
    - The French Art of Not Trying Too Hard

I wouldn’t have chosen to read any of these normally. They are my sister’s books, left on my mum’s bookshelf. I used to have a pretty large collection of books, but I sold most of them six months ago using one of those barcode-scanning apps (about 40 books for roughly £10, smh). So yesterday, feeling bored and unable to use my phone or the internet to distract myself, I picked up whatever seemed remotely interesting.

While none of these books were particularly brilliant, they were all useful and relevant to my current situation. Most importantly, breezing through them has rekindled my interest in and love for reading. Like exiting the Matrix, it’s too early to be cocky, but it gives me clear evidence that it is possible.

The book that had the most impact on me was The French Art of Not Trying Too Hard. It is a lightweight book, essentially a Malcolm Gladwell version of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a ****. However, it contained some valuable insights that have helped me adjust my approach to my current situation.

The basic message of the book is in its title, a concept familiar to anyone with a passing interest in self-help: too much effort can have the opposite effect. This message, conveyed through a (fairly shallow) overview of French philosophers and noteworthy individuals, really resonated with me.

It has made me more comfortable with my current position. My previous approach of frantically stressing about my problems was clearly not working. Instead, I am going to try this new philosophy. I will relax, not stare directly at the problem, allow solutions to ripen internally, and focus on enjoying work-adjacent activities rather than feeling compelled to do them.

This doesn’t mean I’m going to sit around doing nothing until I come up with an idea. The book explicitly states the opposite. It uses the metaphor of being lost in the forest: if you really have no clue where you are or where to go, the best course is simply to pick a direction and stick with it.

But it’s about the attitude while doing so. For too long, I’ve been stuck in a rut of self-analysis. For the last few years, I have continually deconstructed myself—who I am, why I am, how I am—questioning every single part of myself to try to identify the solution. This has resulted in a crisis of confidence. How can I act confidently if I ruthlessly assess and analyse every aspect of myself? Forget confidence; how can I act at all?

This book has crystallized a few ideas that were bubbling within me. One thought I had a few months ago: “You can have anything you want, but first you have to stop wanting it.” This aligns with the book’s message about needing to be relaxed and to stop overthinking.

My takeaway is that I’m going to stop panicking, stop believing that rumination is productive, and actively focus on being relaxed. Reading this book at this particular time in my life is perfect. It’s exactly what I needed to read right now.

To be reading again is a wonderful development and a clear sign to me of progress. I like to think of myself, however pretentiously, as a reader but that identity has been fraudulent over the last few years. I barely read at all, I couldn’t. I simply did not have the attention span. The prospect of picking up a book and sitting patiently with it was so daunting that I had basically given up trying.

But now I’m back and by doing so I feel I am reconnecting with myself, my true self before the addiction. We shall see if the habit continues but, just like the post above, the important part is that I know for sure it is possible

Day 82 (i) - Not posted for a few days because I really don't have too much to say. I've been fairly successful in abstaining from using my phone and the internet in general. Continued to read more, finished another three books since I last posted.

I've also been pretty good about not ruminating on my problems, better at trusting that change will occur. I did have an interview today for a decent role but the issue is that it's pretty similar to the one I just left so it may be putting myself in the same situation.

Recognise that I've not really been posting about the reboot in most of my recent entries. It's difficult to focus on that aspect now, there's nothing too obvious to say and any changes can easily be related to one of the many other variables in my life.

The longer this streak goes on the less I think about it. Honestly without this journal I probably wouldn't have thought about it all over the last few weeks. But obviously I'm approaching a key milestone in just over a week.

It's clear in my mind that I'm still far away from full recovery. I think of Gabe Deem. He was suffering from PIED and it took him 9 months to fully recover his erections. I believe he was in his early 20s when he quit and it only took him one or two streaks.

When you think of my situation it's easy to think recovery could be even longer. I have been trying to quit since I was 20. Roughly seven years of trying, countless streaks, countless relapses, all followed by prolonged bingeing. Based on the info on YBOP this likely means my addiction is much more severe. It says a period of abstinence followed by bingeing reinforces the addiction related neuro pathways.

Of course, I never really experienced full on PIED so it's possible I was less addicted in some way but I don't think it really works that way. Also my sexual performance and erection quality was definitely impacted anyway.

I say this to really illustrate the stretch of time still ahead of me. Reaching the 90 day mark won't be the end of my journey then, at best it may indicate the end of the beginning. The next recovery period, which I believe I've already entered, will likely be a deeper yet more patient era of healing.

I have seen improvements. But I am still healing. Recovery is slow and gradual, I am learning that. There's not going to be a day when I wake up feeling transformed. I imagine it will be more that it will suddenly occur to me that I've not felt some of my neurosis for sometime. It's also an opening of space. I spoke before of the goldfish in a bowl analogy and that still seems the most apt

Day 82 (ii) - I am feeling quite lonely. I am really craving intimacy and companionship. Keep thinking about my ex-girlfriend. Has reignited since I've been back in my hometown, so many places trigger memories. I keep expecting to see her somewhere. Haunted by my mistakes, haunted by what our time together and what could have been.

It's really hard because I truly can not imagine meeting anyone right now, at least anyone I would want to be with. So hard to be patient when it's not clear that anything is going to happen.

But this is where the new attitude picked up from that book must be practiced. Relax. Do not dwell on the problem, do not ruminate. Let it float into the air. Let is fix itself. Focus on the issues that are within my control. Focus on making my mind, body and soul healthy. Fits very nicely into the reboot and I hope there is a kind of synergy happening with all of my various self improvement efforts.

For I have been in this place before and good things do happen spontaneously. Meeting my ex-girlfriend, the one who is currently haunting me, is a good example. That did basically come out of nowhere. Life is worth living and one of the reasons is because we truly do not know what is around the corner. All we know is that something surely is

brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sex is a gateway to porn ... was going to tell you that when you posted that you met someone. Also once you get it you realise that any kind of emission is a step back
    Golden hands
    Illuminated miscers: ScottTil
    Agents of chaos, disorder and hate: Bodhy, Ironmanlet, ViolentZ, ItsWhatIDo, jeffl1980, BrosefMengele

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by brosapiens View Post
    Sex is a gateway to porn ... was going to tell you that when you posted that you met someone. Also once you get it you realise that any kind of emission is a step back
    that's why it's best to just lean in
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

Here's my three hour easy session from Friday

Screenshot_20240606-153132.jpg
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

Originally Posted by brosapiens View Post
    Yeah I was expecting that after shagging as well but didn't actually notice any chaser effect at all. Kinda strange. Possibly made me crave intimacy more but do think my interest in porn has waned. Now just waiting for the damage to repair itself. One noticeable change as part of my recovery has definitely been interest in sex and women being separated from pron.

Of course, I know that it could light up again under the right circumstances so not getting complacent

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Here's my three hour easy session from Friday

Attachment 9428021
    Nice bro