Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kansas

bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go to fitness 2000, fitness 2000 isnt the neatest or the latest and greatest but it has an "old school" feel that people actually use the wieght room and the iron in it, but a lot go to either the "Genesis" health clubs. Be forewarned my buddy was doing some heavy deadlifts there the other day and dropped the weight when he hit failure and was scolded by the spandex/recreational types to the point of leaving for the day. Some of the YMCAs are quality as far as facilities but you have to put up with people dropping off thier kids to use the Y as a babysitter all day.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."

William Durant

utahguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) utahguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) utahguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) utahguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) utahguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) utahguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i will move to garden city-dodge city area.. searching gym and trainer

help!!!

iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jhawk Fitness
    ....and the streak in Manhattan continues

Strangely, there will not be one college basketball player in America that was alive the last time K-state beat Ku in Manhatten.

Rock chalk jayhawk!

justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow sup bros

any other younger guys in here lift in Overland park

aim:justglen192
    IG: dude192

justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50) justglen192 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow

????
    IG: dude192

hercules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    utahguy if you have a choice which town to locate in i would def choose garden city over dodge. garden has a much bigger gym called coyote fitness and its located on mary street its the best you'll do in Western Kansas. I heard Dodge had gotten a new gym (not as big) as well but I haven't seen it yet.

FatAzzRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wichita, KS here.

Utahguy, if you have the choice, dont move to Kansas at all, it SUCKS!!!! If you have to move to Kansas, dont move to Dodge or Garden, they are filthy, stinky towns and you better know how to speak spanish if you wanna be able to get by.

I have lived here all my life, I would love to move to Utah or Colorado actually but mainly for the offroading and mountain biking aspects.

meltedaway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meltedaway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) meltedaway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

moving to lawrence in a month

Whats the best gym or facility in lawrence to workout at. Im moving up there in a month from pittsburg, kansas.

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by meltedaway
    Whats the best gym or facility in lawrence to workout at. Im moving up there in a month from pittsburg, kansas.
    The student Rec. Center if you're going to school, otherwise LAC as it's the only other real gym in town.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000) iamlegend is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is official K.U. has the best recruiting class in the country. Hopefully, Bill will get us a shot within two years.

peace

Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm from Lawrence as well... pm me.

Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Guys, I'm thinking of going to KU and could do with a little help on the local scene.

Mainly: Health food/organic produce in bulk, likelihood of getting student-friendly jobs, getting around without a car, how to stay on good terms with the locals, stuff like that.

Much appreciated.

Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kroms_laugh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Saeco Pink
    Guys, I'm thinking of going to KU and could do with a little help on the local scene.

Mainly: Health food/organic produce in bulk, likelihood of getting student-friendly jobs, getting around without a car, how to stay on good terms with the locals, stuff like that.

Much appreciated.
    Getting along with the locals;
    Grow your hair out really long, don't shower or wear deoderant, hate anything dealing with authority or government, etc.

Health food/organic grocer;
    The Merc (9th and Iowa)

Getting around without a car;
    get a bike or ride the T

Jobs;
    all minimum wage, labor jobs

Welcome to Lawrence!

Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kroms_laugh
    Welcome to Lawrence!
    LOL, well, thanks!

I love biking, but when there's snow, well...I just don't want to be falling everywhere, ya know? How's the T's frequency? Does it shut down at midnite?

I've read that the population in Lawrence is mostly 19-26 year olds, and most people living there earn less than 10K a year. So, does that mean living expenses are low? How's the housing market for students?

LOL, well, thanks!

I love biking, but when there's snow, well...I just don't want to be falling everywhere, ya know? How's the T's frequency? Does it shut down at midnite?

I've read that the population in Lawrence is mostly 19-26 year olds, and most people living there earn less than 10K a year. So, does that mean living expenses are low? How's the housing market for students?
    Living expenses are moderate... 2br apt w 1 bath = $605. You should, at anytime, be able to find a good apartment. Now if you're wanting to walk to campus... it's going to be a little harder. If you want to goto school there next year... I suggest you move up there a month before school starts. It's a bitch to pay that extra month, but trust me... you'll get a good apartment. There are apartments that are literally across the street from campus, but those are alittle more expensive.

The T runs all the damn time, dude. If you can't get a ride on the T... the bus driver's dead. I'm not certain if the T runs in the wee hours of the morning. If you need a ride home from the bars or something call Safe Ride (it's a free taxi-service for drunk college students! I believe the number is 865-SAFE.)

That's true... during regular school year 40% of our population is bewteen 18-26. At least that's what my DMV reports.

Lawrence is cool if yer not in the Military (like me, and get spat on) and like to party. Oh... if yer a Republican, DON'T tell anyone! You'll have fun there, bro.
    Last edited by Kroms_laugh; 08-28-2005 at 10:56 PM.

Talking

Lawrence is a beautiful campus. And when I say the prettiest girls go there it is no bias.

I go to school at A.s.u right now and there is no comparison.

Coaches that have gone to lawrence even comment on how hot the girls are.

Coolest people, hottest women..and now the greatest basketball team.Not too shabby.

Wow, Lawrence sounds almost perfect. So, what's the bad news?

Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL, well, thanks!

2 br/2 bath in Colony Woods (24th & Naimsith) is $540/month.

1 br/bath w/ washer & dryer = $500 - $695/month depending on where you look (gated apt. complexes like Tuckaway are more on the expensive end).

The campus is awesome. Here are some pictures of and from Memorial Stadium - http://photobucket.com/albums/a47/Jh...slideshow=true
    Last edited by Jhawk Fitness; 08-28-2005 at 04:21 PM.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

Wow, Lawrence sounds almost perfect. So, what's the bad news?
    Everyone there is liberal. I was spit on when walking downtown in my uniform. *NOT* a place to raise a child. At least a child that you *LOVE* and care for.

Perfect environment for partying, but it's hell for anyone trying to raise a family with any sense of traditional values.

If yer wondering why the hell I live there... I don't any more. I moved out of state... thank God. lol
    Last edited by Kroms_laugh; 08-28-2005 at 10:55 PM.

2 br/2 bath in Colony Woods (24th & Naimsith) is $540/month.

1 br/bath w/ washer & dryer = $500 - $695/month depending on where you look (gated apt. complexes like Tuckaway are more on the expensive end).

The campus is awesome. Here are some pictures of and from Memorial Stadium - http://photobucket.com/albums/a47/Jh...slideshow=true
    How did your bro turn out? I'm actually taking the exact thing he was for his condition, and it's working wonders for me.

Holla.

Originally Posted by Kroms_laugh
    Everyone there is liberal. I was spit on when walking downtown in my uniform. *NOT* a place to raise a child. At least a child that you *LOVE* and care for.

Perfect environment for partying, but it's hell for anyone trying to raise a family with any sense of traditional values.

If yer wondering why the hell I live there... I don't any more. I moved out of state... thank God. lol
    Well, I can see how college life and family life would clash in a town mostly filled with college aged people.

Nasty experience with the hating spitter, man. The upshot is that at least you know it was about the symbolism of the uniform instead of the acts of hate that happen daily everywhere for no logical reason.

Thanks for the info!

tanmonopolist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanmonopolist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanmonopolist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanmonopolist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tanmonopolist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wichita Kansas

Im from wichita ks, and work out at genisis

revolt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm new to this forum, actually this is my first post, but that's beside the point.

I'm originally from Salina and graduated from Salina South High and now I attend KU for freshman year. I love powerlifting and since the Student Rec doesn't allow any form of powerlifting except for Squating (which I see people rarely do so I hog it up with my heavy reps) and benching, I was wondering if anyone knows a gym or place around or close to the lawrence area where I can do any form of olympic lifting and hang cleans and all that fun stuff. thank you.
    Last edited by revolt; 11-22-2005 at 10:23 AM.

StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthMaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Independence, Ks. here

ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ljwede7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    From Olathe, going to school at Nebraska. Never really considered KU for some reason.
    I will find a way, or I will make one. -Hannibal Barca

Examine all obstacles carefully. With a little leverage, they can often be turned into advantages -Grand Admiral Thrawn

Reps for life: GOPHER1114
    Covenant Elite #2

Originally Posted by revolt
    I'm new to this forum, actually this is my first post, but that's beside the point.

I'm originally from Salina and graduated from Salina South High and now I attend KU for freshman year. I love powerlifting and since the Student Rec doesn't allow any form of powerlifting except for Squating (which I see people rarely do so I hog it up with my heavy reps) and benching, I was wondering if anyone knows a gym or place around or close to the lawrence area where I can do any form of olympic lifting and hang cleans and all that fun stuff. thank you.
    I do light (155-185) hang cleans at the Rec. No one has ever said anything to me. As far as gyms that might, try calling Olympic Iron, they should be in the phone book.

revolt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    aight thanx. if they kick me out then o wellz. ill see into that olympic Iron place too.
    May '05 =
    5'7
    165 lbs.
    Squatx1 (suit, wraps, belt) - 540 lbs./ 405 lbs raw
    Benchx1 (suit) - 255 lbs / 245 lbs raw
    Hang Cleanx1 (belt) - 315 lbs
    Standing Vertical - 32 inches
    20 yard - 2.63
    40 yard - 4.6
    Pro agility - 4.23

November '05 =
    5'7
    175 lbs.
    Lazy Bum

Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kameo Kid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Topeka here.
    Keep your eyes on the stars, cause you'll never be one.

WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN KEVIN FEDERLINE LOSES CONTROL ON YOU, BROTHER!?

nyjbarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do light (155-185) hang cleans at the Rec. No one has ever said anything to me. As far as gyms that might, try calling Olympic Iron, they should be in the phone book.
    Do you work out at LAC east or Central?

I live in Lawrence myself, I may have seen you there.

Originally Posted by nyjbarnes
    Do you work out at LAC east or Central?

I live in Lawrence myself, I may have seen you there.
    Did you say LAC east?