Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    most of the top Crossfitters are former Athletes with great genetics too. There is no random Joe which is what Crossfit was intended and marketed for.

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PrettyPinkDonut View Post
    Alright excellent, I hope you don't mind explaining a few.
    -One dimensional; when I had to do crossfit the exercises would range from the (part i most hated) oly lifts in high volume, sprints, and up to 7kilometer runs.
    -What do ou mean by assessment and reassessment?
    -Scaling?

I'm trying to become more knowledgeable because I really want to take my training to the next level and compete in the army combatives contest 2013, I've got by on 5x5 routines, road work, and HIIT, but want something more
    One dimensional in regards to the energy systems used. It's all the same high intensity/strictly anaerobic type training. One of the biggest digs on CF in the past was that their athletes were severly lacking in strength. So then they came up with CF "Football" which was more of a strength based program. That didn't really work out because strenght training needs to be planned, and CFs biggest claim to fame is their muscle confusion (oh wait that's P90X). Their biggest claim to fame is their "ready for anything training." So now a lot of CF gyms use heavy lifting, but then it's not CF, it's just some random programming that some random coach came up with. Some of it might be good, a lot of it probably sucks.

In regards to assessment, any good program has an assessment and then reassess an athlete to measure their progress. This is how you know your program is working or not. What the assessment should consist of depends on the goals of the athlete. For example if I am coaching a soccer player, I want to know how quickly he can get across the field, down the field, and I'd want to know some basic info about his leg strength, and agility. So I would create a series of tests to measure those things, and then I would develop a program to make him/her stronger at those skills. After 4-8 weeks of training I would reassess to see what improvements the athlete has made in those skills.

Scaling...CF says that no matter who you are your physical needs are the same (which is bull****). So instead of customizing workouts for people they just give them blanket programs. A great example is the video of Charles Barkley trying CrossFit for the first time. The workout prescribed a clean and press (in a circuit I might add). Now there is no reason for a person on their first day to do a clean and press, but CFs solution is just to lower the weight (scale it down) instead of changing the movement (modify). I had actually mentioned this in the video, asking why they didn't replace the C&P with a front squat to help him learn the positioning. My comments were deleted, and I was banned from commenting on the youtube channel.

Originally Posted by jb4476 View Post
    Astounding level of dangerous incompetence in their disregard for proper technique or programming in the Olympic lifts. Anyone who thinks it s a good idea to do a set of 30 awkwardly muscled up push-snatches with too much weight should have their testicles stamped on with a pair of rusty cleats.
    This.

Originally Posted by dirtydean12 View Post
    LOL...no actually I base my opinion on the fact that we work with a few notable members of the cf community as well as had presence at every regional event in the country this year(yes, myself included)...you're just sounding like someone who tried cf and found it too hard. No endurance/endurance athletes? You've obviously never been to an event, youtube the mens highlights from the national finals if you must...and yeah there's different ways to do tons of stuff, what's your point? And they have a cf WL division omgz they're lozerz!!! Who gives a sh*t?? They don't train like WL's so why try to compete against them? If you're in cf you'd obviously rather compete against those who do what you do...?

Well obviously(I actually mentioned that more for your average gym rat)...I think crossfit could be beneficial component in producing more muscular endurance that a fighter might need, but I wouldn't base it on just that for mma...

here's the men's champ...yeah they look like real slouches out there...

[youtube]tJecQizFeis[youtube]
    Are you a wizard? How did you know I was just bitter that I couldn't "handle" crossfit? I hope some day I'm manly enough to survive their uber effective workouts.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

Training like John98 sippiboy1987's Avatar
    sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sippiboy1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea "for time" is what really phucks it up.. No one is worried about the mind/muscle connection or actually stimulating the muscles. It's all about who can finish the fastest. Reminds of those body pump classes where ****s do half push ups and quarter squats but it still counts as reps?
    100% rep back if you post in same thread. (no reds and no grey reps)

Xbox Live: SippiBoy1987

Starting: 310
    Current: 210-215
    Goal: 190

only 6lbs of pressure calmlikewind's Avatar
    calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    most people who do crossfit have not trained long enough to do specific movements with proper technique+ when you add repetitions to a lot of bad form = injuries
    ASOT Crew| [IIFYM Crew]|alanaragonblog.com|The Legion of Good Samaritans |*Knee Draggers Crew*|☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆|++positive crew++| la vérité

Speak or act with a pure mind
    And happiness will follow you
    As your shadow, unshakable.

you ever down or depressed you can talk to someone about it!

Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Small_Ballz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hi cgc

Sorry I haven't been in the boards for a while, and I thought the general philosophy was:

1. Find a topic you would like to talk about.

2. Use the search button function.

3. Do not clutter boards with new threads.

4. If it is a year or two old then sure bump it. Obviously do not bump it from 2005.

Anyway; thanks cgc I was getting ready to turn a new page and I had a journal and training log here that I just started. Now you negged me into the red lol.

Thanks anyway, as a MOD I thought you would have appreciated what I was doing.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Small_Ballz View Post
    Hi cgc

Sorry I haven't been in the boards for a while, and I thought the general philosophy was:

1. Find a topic you would like to talk about.

2. Use the search button function.

3. Do not clutter boards with new threads.

4. If it is a year or two old then sure bump it. Obviously do not bump it from 2005.

Anyway; thanks cgc I was getting ready to turn a new page and I had a journal and training log here that I just started. Now you negged me into the red lol.

Thanks anyway, as a MOD I thought you would have appreciated what I was doing.

1. Your bump was virtually pointless. If there would have been something contributed that was a new idea, thought or impacting I would have let it go.

2. The search feature on this site (and any other of the sites I check out) have always been to research an item of interest....see if it's been discussed before rather than beat a dead horse into a grease stain by opening a new thread on it. Not to search and see something that you want to bump just to say, "I agree". That in itself is cluttering up the board.

3. In spite of being negged AND the replies deleted so the thread could go back from where it came, you felt the need to bump it again as opposed to PMing me to discuss the issue?

I've always told people I've negged that if they think I was wrong in doing so, I'm more than willing to rep (x2) if they don't continue to do the same thing they were negged for.....you're not off to a good start.
    Last edited by cgc; 10-01-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.