Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    You hit like a vegetarian Superh1's Avatar
    Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000) Superh1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    why would you?

I never understood wanting to workout 7 days a week when you can accomplish it all in 3 days with good programing. People seem to really enjoy making bodybuilding more complicated than it needs to be! Personally i dont see why you should take a recreational thing and make it a part time job.
    The way I train, i couldn't even get myself to the gym 7 times a week to do that crap. I'd fold in no time and probably stop training all together from burn out.

to answer, yes, you can. As long as you half the intensity/volume to make up for recovery.

Originally Posted by cativo View Post
    Personally, I love to train everyday. But I work in a gym. So split routines are impossible to avoid for me. Love training and can never get enough.
    I take a week off at Christmas time and 1 or 2 weeks off for holidays.
    Thats it.
    Other tan that, everyday, never had a problem with overtraining.
    Well i'd say either you have a great camera and angle there, or you have some great "recovery enhancers" that allow you to train with the high volume and intensity 7 days/week.
    Last edited by Superh1; 02-22-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    *************************Positive crew**************************************
    ----------------------only negs stupid spam posts & unproductive racist ones----------------------
    ---calls out keyboard warriors crew----

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Superh1 View Post
    why would you?
    I never understood wanting to workout 7 days a week when you can accomplish it all in 3 days with good programing.
    I train 5-6 days a week. Saturdays tend to fall out sometimes, but I have a lot of free time during the week so it's a way for me to keep active. I could probably do it in 3-4 days but then I wouldn't do anything else on the other days. Besides, I tend to take a long time in the gym as it is, since it's a small gym and it can get crowded.

To the OP:
    My split is this: Day 1 & 4: Chest, Back, Day 2 & 5: Arms, Abs, Day 3 & 6: Shoulders, Traps, Legs.

This split also lets me switch things up a little so that I don't have to do everything on the first day. For instance, I do flat presses on my first chest day, and all incline on my second day, bb and db on my first arm day and a bit more cables on my second day etc.

My recovery seems to handle this and I rarely do more sets than 9 on each day except for legs and back. You do what seems to work for you. I asked the same question before but it's really up to you. Do have at least one rest day.

dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dougy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Elite olympic lifters train every day. In certain weight classes they're very lean and muscular with high levels of relative strength. They also don't do anything but get paid to lift 8 hours a day, have the best recovery strategies available to them and spend their lives building their work capacity.
    Extremes win followers. Nobody ever wanted to follow the "reasonable" diet or "realistic" workout program.

Less bench pressing never hurt anybody's shoulder health.

joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joen63 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nobody here can give you a real answer to this question. Some people are capable of doing this and enjoy it. Other people want and need the extra rest. I personally love lifting too much to work out any less than six days a week. And on the Saturday that I don't lift I still feel like lifting. As long as you sleep and eat enough, it's probably fine, but listen to your body and take days off when you need them.

JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100) JessicaT20 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by HeartForm View Post
    Even lifters on steroids schedule off-days. Take a day off bro ... better yet take two days off.
    I agree

andystatler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zeeeeeeeeee View Post
    Hey all. Is it ok to workout everyday? I train two muscle groups every session. Would the resting be ok cos im training seperate muscle groups?
    It is absolutely ok to workout every day as long as you feed your body and get a good nights rest. Don't listen to these lazy bastards.

Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Murmillos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cativo View Post
    Personally, I love to train everyday. But I work in a gym. So split routines are impossible to avoid for me. Love training and can never get enough.
    I take a week off at Christmas time and 1 or 2 weeks off for holidays.
    Thats it.
    Other tan that, everyday, never had a problem with overtraining.
    ^ This

Don't be scared of overtraining, it's a buzzword and excuse for the lazy, 6x week is absolutely fine.

roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i workout 5-6 days and take one day off, when i reach my goal , I'll take it slower

toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toqchistaa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you necessary need often rest;