Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    85kg - my mini cut is starting to show.

10x3x87.5kg Front Squat - got tough towards the end, had to increase rest periods

Jumpset for 10x3:
    - Weighted dips - 21kg - suprisingly easy
    - Face pull with green band

Some scapular retractions

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I could use to shorten my rest periods. I could probably start with just timing them

Do you remember who posted the link to the American Olympic coach who was using the Bulgarian methods? i.e. heavy squatting 6x/week.

I'm trying to find it to forward to a friend.
    *No Crew*

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I can't find it now either - weren't they called "average bros" or something?

Day off today - shoulder really sore from dips yesterday

Gonna have to avoid ALL anterior delt exercises for a while...

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I can't find it now either - weren't they called "average bros" or something?
    Bah! You were my last and only hope.

average bros google search comes up with articles by Robertson.

EDIT: You were almost right. His name is John Broz.
    Last edited by TexAss; 04-23-2010 at 08:22 AM.
    *No Crew*

85.4kg

Jumpset for 10 x 3:
    Good mornings 75kg - too light
    Chin ups 18kg - completed more easily than previous 17.5kg so that's good

Shoulder hurtee

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    I could use to shorten my rest periods. I could probably start with just timing them

Do you remember who posted the link to the American Olympic coach who was using the Bulgarian methods? i.e. heavy squatting 6x/week.

I'm trying to find it to forward to a friend.
    Yeah I use a timer and keep it in my home gym, it helps a lot, depending on the exercise I'll rest 30-60 seconds between sets. For squats and deads after about 5 sets it get pretty hard for me. Looks like you found that link ok but here's a diff one just incase, http://www.chaosandpain.com/content/average-broz

And glad to see you making PR's Suffolk
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post

And glad to see you making PR's Suffolk
    You are looking good BTW mate

Weight 85.3kg - upping the calories again...

Box squat: 10 x 3 x 115kg - good workout at this weight. Will try 117.5 next time

Jumpset:
    4 x 8 x 13kg Dumbell flyes. I hoped this would isolate my pecs without hitting my strained delts - but it wasn't very good
    4 x 5 x Red band - ab roller from feet

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are looking good BTW mate

Weight 85.3kg - upping the calories again...

Box squat: 10 x 3 x 115kg - good workout at this weight. Will try 117.5 next time

Jumpset:
    4 x 8 x 13kg Dumbell flyes. I hoped this would isolate my pecs without hitting my strained delts - but it wasn't very good
    4 x 5 x Red band - ab roller from feet
    Thanks bro, C&P has really worked well for me. Get that shoulder better, this might help, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123273471 I don't really like Tmuscle.com but there's some good shoulder exercises in there. I need to start doing some of this stuff too.

I checked that article - it was interesting and scary how many problems there can be

I will read it again periodically but the best thing I took from it this time is that pectoral stretch is very important to me - and doing it with forearms at 90 degrees to body is not very effective - raising them 45 degrees from the horizontal REALLY improves the stretch.

Weight 85.2kg

Jumpset:
    Barbell Row 10x3x90
    Band Pushdown 10x4xG+P

Light DB Presses with 13kg DBs: 20,15,12 - feel da pump man

Feels good - I think I will try heavier presses but with restricted ROM like pin press or floor press for chest. I'll just gradually increase the weight with DB press and not let elbow below delts
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 04-27-2010 at 04:01 AM.

Weight 85.6

Jumpset 1:
    Snatch 10x3x52.5kg -- last set felt hard
    EZ Bar Curl 10x3x45kg -- Did 4 reps on last set woohoo!

Jumpset 2:
    Pullthrough 3x8xGreen+Plain bands
    DB cuban rotations 3x15x4kg

Weight 85.6kg

Front Squat singles: 12 @ 95kg

Pin Press - first pin above chest (forearms horizontal at bottom)
    10 x bar
    10 x 40
    10 x 45
    10 x 50
    15 x 40

Jumpset:
    Hanging leg raise 3x10
    Scapula retractions 3x15xBW

I think I have worked out that in addition to my strained front delt, I have a problem with the supraspinatus too...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post483926251

Going to hopefully put together a rehab plan of attack. My light DB overhead presses will not help because the muscle is not used in that ROM - just the delts.

I wanted to do the bear today but I want to give my shoulder a rest so not going to

Cycling

Front raises with 5kg plates

Maximum non stop squats with 50kg: 40 reps

Maximum non stop squats with 50kg: 40 reps
    That does not sound like very much fun...
    *No Crew*

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    That does not sound like very much fun...
    Heh no but I'm determined to beat it... in a few weeks time maybe

85.7kg

Weighted chins: 10 x 3 x 20kg -- this is improving steadily - pleased. Last time I tested a 1RM it was 30kg.

Jumpset:
    4 x 12 x 15.5kg DB press - shoulder no problem with this
    4 x 10 x Green band face pull

Tried doing upright rows with green and plain band but shoulder says no

85.8kg - had a BBQ last night

Jumpset:
    10 x 3 x 80kg Good Morning. Still feels light
    10 x 4 x 20.5kg fat grip DB curl

Cuban rotations with EZ bar 12kg: 15, 12, 12

Shoulder is starting to feel better. I am also doing high rep rehab exercises in the morning such as front raises and lying L-flys. Still not going to risk deadlifts, BTNPP or dips yet though. Pin press and DB press feel good. Will gradually increase the weight and decrease reps.

Day off yesterday. My first month of C+P has ended. I have worked out 23 times and gained no weight overall (had a 1 week mini cut in the middle) but I have gotten stronger in a variety of exercises, notably:
    - chins
    - squats
    - dips (until I suspended these because of my shoulder

All in all it's good stuff and I am looking forward to my next month

Box Squat 10x3x117.5 - getting tough, need to eat more...

Pin Press 3x12x50 - Quite difficult to get all these reps.

Scapula retractions 3x15xBW

Glad to hear you made strength gains and you'll be sticking with it I have found my sweet spot in this program after about 5 months of doing it. I use a little lower volume then Jamie and about the same frequency, I just stick to a handful of the same exercises and I make sure that I eat a LOT. I also noticed I don't do as many light days as I used to and replace that with one extra heavy day a week. As long as I do that I keep making PR's little by little. I used to only get stretch marks on my legs but now my upper body is finally growing fast and I am getting some under my armpits

Thanks D - I need to follow your eating example... Today I bought 8x massive chicken wings (I swear that shop has mutant chickens). They are in the oven now dowsed in jerk seasoning.

85.4kg - wat?

10x3x92.5kg BB row - can carry on adding weight to this...
    10x4xRed band Ab Wheel - will try singles from feet with the smallest band next time

DB Press: 18kg 11,11,10,10 - felt good. If anything, my shoulder pulled more on the rows...
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 05-05-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks D - I need to follow your eating example... Today I bought 8x massive chicken wings (I swear that shop has mutant chickens). They are in the oven now dowsed in jerk seasoning.
    Jerk seasoning huh? I'll have to check that out, got any other good seasonings? I use onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne pepper. I try and stay away from adding salt because I figure I get enough of it already. We have a store called Trader Joe's in the US that has great prices, I can get a big bag of chicken breasts for $7 and that equals out to about 2 full oven loads of chicken which lasts me about 3 days. I also have been getting their pre made buffalo burger patties which taste good and are loaded with protein. For carbs I eat a lot of whole grain bread and pasta, I can't gain any mass/strength unless I have plenty of carbs.

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am worrying about splintering my floor, I won't be trying my hardest with the lifts.
    wut?! thats not chaos and pain talk...roaaaar

Interested to see how this will go (shoulder permitting). Good front squats man.

subberd
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    wut?! thats not chaos and pain talk...roaaaar
    Haha welcome. The floor already has some holes in it... Just for that I am going to max out my back squat on Saturday...

Weight 84.9 - wat??

I am deadlifting again! My shoulder is not 100% better but I can relax it down now so there is no discomfort with a heavy bar hanging from my arms:
    Deadlift 10 x 1 x 152.5kg
    Band Pushdown 6x4 then 4x5 with Green+Plain bands

EZ bar Cubans 3x15x12kg

By the way, there is a possible new technique for shoulder (or any tendon problem) rehab as discussed here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123911711

I'm going to experiment with slow eccentrics in things like dip, pushup and lateral raises
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 05-06-2010 at 04:09 AM.

As promised... my abs were sore but I felt good otherwise...

Weight: 86.1kg

Back Squat PR attempt
    Previous attempt: Jan 2010 - 125kg @ 86kg BW

1 x 130kg - bar moved at nice steady speed

Normally I work in kg but...

1 x 300lbs (136kg) - got it! 300lbs at last

Finisher: 13 x 100kg just to make me sweat

Pin Press – 2x10x52.5 -- started to hurt my shoulder, abandoned last set
    Face pull 3x10xG

DB bench 15x18kg - this feels better than using the bar.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 05-08-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

well done mate!

Next stop is 3 plates. You'll get that easy now
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Thumbs up

Nice PR man, looks like you're getting some good strength gains. 300lbs is the most I have tried for back squats also, I got it, but with bad form, my upper body was too far forward imo, so I have to work on that.

Been doing a little more cardio lately to up my endurance, just got a jump rope and I highly recommend getting one, they are really cheap and my new fav form of cardio, dunno why I never used one before.

Thanks guys. I don't know what my form was like but it should have been deep enough because when I started box squatting, the box was set to parallel but it 'felt' like it was actually too high.

I might look at the skipping rope idea, especially as I can't seem to do power clean, bear, bodyweight dips, clean and jerk etc.

86.3kg - looking better

Behind Neck Push Press 10x3x60 -- I have brought this back (and added 2.5kg since last time). Feels good, if anything it stretches my frontal delts and should help my shoulder
    Weighted Chins 10x3x21.25 -- this just keeps going up. I am not used to this kind of progression

EZ bar cuban rotations: 3x15x12.5kg

Weight 86.2kg

Good Morning 10 x 3 x 85kg -- the worst thing about this is it shred the skin on my back :-/

Jumpset for arms:
    EZ Bar Curl 7 x 4 x 45
    Skull Crusher 7 x 3 x 45 -- Could have done more sets but neck was giving me gyp. I don't need another problem

Front raise negatives with 4kg DBs x15

Weight 86kg

Front Squat 8x3x90 - suffering form problems so didn't make the usual 10. Next time...

DB Bench press 20.5: 15,10,10 - feels better than the barbell, I'll stick with these...

I went to see the doctor today and he has referred me to a physio about my rotator cuff... I might look at foam rolling, I think my front delts are way too tight and there is old damage in my neck and traps and chest.

In the meantime, my chicken wings are ready!

Foam rolling is the tits.

Get a lacrosse ball to use on pecs/shoulders though
    *No Crew*