Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by X-Mark-X View Post
    Not saying that's the definitive cause of throwing up. Just pointing out that it's not a ridiculous suggestion.
    Not disagreeing with this.

But, have you climbed in the grand canyon lately?
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    Not disagreeing with this.

But, have you climbed in the grand canyon lately?
    lol no, I haven't. But surely you will agree that 3 hours without stopping = primarily aerobic metabolism. I'm sure there are periods of high/low exertion, but after I did my wingate test I couldn't even stand up, let alone hike lol.
    BSc in Exercise Science
    CAN-FIT-PRO Certified Personal Trainer
    Amateur MMA Fighter

jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdmalm123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by X-Mark-X View Post
    lol no, I haven't. But surely you will agree that 3 hours without stopping = primarily aerobic metabolism. I'm sure there are periods of high/low exertion, but after I did my wingate test I couldn't even stand up, let alone hike lol.
    Someone is donating a spin bike to my personal gym. I'll have to try the wingate test.

I guarantee it won't make me nauseous though.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50) X-Mark-X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    Someone is donating a spin bike to my personal gym. I'll have to try the wingate test.

I guarantee it won't make me nauseous though.
    Well, I regularly do 30 second sprints on the exercise bike at my gym on leg day with the level maxed, not nearly as hard for some reason.

I was hooked up to a metabolic cart, and it was on a mechanically braked bicycle ergometer that they used specifically for the test where they could adjust the poundage of resistance based on my weight. Then I had my entire exercise physiology class yelling at me to pedal harder the whole time. My legs were DONE after 15 seconds, I have no idea how I actually got to 30 seconds lol. On the bright side when we calculated the anaerobic power I completely obliterated all of the values on the comparison table, I think it was like 11W/kg if I remember correctly.

I didn't throw up or anything, just had to lie down because I felt nauseous after.
    BSc in Exercise Science
    CAN-FIT-PRO Certified Personal Trainer
    Amateur MMA Fighter

Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    because the individual is untrained it could be lactic acidosis, but that is not why he is acutally throwing up.

He is throwing up because of the mass amount of water he is ingesting. It is an effort for his body to offset such ions in the bloodstream and along with his breathing (mostly this) keep his pH balanced.

If you tell your client to rest a little more rather than take in more water he should be fine. However make sure he does not go into hypervent. to blow off CO2 in an effort to get his H+ in balance.

You take in more oxygen, you stop the production of more pyruvate, you stop the lactic acid, and in the company of a full stomach you stop the process of throwing up. A lot of blood is shunted from the stomach during exercise so that water is just sitting in their while the muscles around it swell and contract.

Cliffs:
    Excess Water Ingestion is the cause
    Low O2 consumption and anaerobic resp is the mechanism

Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rectify is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very small chance of this, but when this happened to me for over a year, it ended up being a problem with my appendix, which they said had a grumble/murmur or something... so it kept flaring up every few weeks or moreso when i was exerting myself physically (eg - running or lifting weights). I also had intense stabbing pains every few weeks though too, which i don't see a mention of.

mm970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have this exact same problem

I am 24, in good shape, and have worked out my whole life. For the past 4 years anaerobic exercise has caused me to vomit, especially Jiu Jitsu and wrestling. Interestingly, when I wrestled in high school, this was not an issue for me. I am desperately trying to figure out a solution to this problem so I can keep doing what I am passionate about. My doctor has prescribed Omeprozole, but it has not worked.

Please let me know if anyone has some advice that might help.

Thank you.