Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by INSERT_NAME View Post
    how can i check to see if a certain gym is registered/certified/whatever by the organization you were talkin about earlier. I dont want to take some watered down, kick in the groin, and run class. I want the real thing, if i ever need it i want to put the other guy in a wheelchair at the least.
    Well first you would ask them if they, the instructor(s), are under the IKMF. They could say yes straight off but tell them also 'you know a tiny bit' and who did they become an instructor under? If they say Eyal Yanilov of Gaby Noah they are on the right track. In the IKMF there is only a select number of instructors who can make others instructors also, so they would have had to be tested and passed by proper IKMF teachers.

Also, the amount of damaging technique you learn is determined on what your profession is. Civillians get taught some devastating but limited stuff. Still worth it's weight in gold, however, if you were a police officer or in the military you learn alot more dangerous stuff.
    One example. Civillians don't really learn things like stomping heads. Cops and military do. However, how hard is it for a civillian to throw that in there by themself?! Lol.
    Everyone Has Role Models. I Have Mine Too:
    Yeshua, Abraham, Solomon, Rachel Joy Scott, Vitali Klitschko, Bruce Lee, Doug Richard, Ashraf Barhom, Paul Teutul Sr.

David killed Goliath and thus the first principle of Krav Maga was battle proven.

"If you get me in an arm-lock, you better break my arm. If you get me in a head-lock, you better break my neck because if I get out I'm going to break your ass!" -Kimbo Slice

INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1_COR_16.13 View Post
    Well first you would ask them if they, the instructor(s), are under the IKMF. They could say yes straight off but tell them also 'you know a tiny bit' and who did they become an instructor under? If they say Eyal Yanilov of Gaby Noah they are on the right track. In the IKMF there is only a select number of instructors who can make others instructors also, so they would have had to be tested and passed by proper IKMF teachers.

Also, the amount of damaging technique you learn is determined on what your profession is. Civillians get taught some devastating but limited stuff. Still worth it's weight in gold, however, if you were a police officer or in the military you learn alot more dangerous stuff.
    One example. Civillians don't really learn things like stomping heads. Cops and military do. However, how hard is it for a civillian to throw that in there by themself?! Lol.
    y is it limited to cops/military?? Why would a city rather deal with police "brutality" every 15 mins rather than self-defense?

NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000)

There are only 5 IKMF certified places in the USA right?

1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by INSERT_NAME View Post
    y is it limited to cops/military?? Why would a city rather deal with police "brutality" every 15 mins rather than self-defense?
    I don't know why. I think they base alot of the teaching on the circumstances of Israel. Maybe.

Military gets 'harder' training than cops and cops get 'harder' training than civillians. Not harder in terms or fitness of the severity of each technique but on what techniques are learnt. I have trained under military and trust me, it's not really different in terms of techniques. It's just adds arrest-submission techniques and alot of training disarming people with assault rifles and such. The actual 'street' techniques are almost the same.

Originally Posted by NaggerGuy View Post
    There are only 5 IKMF certified places in the USA right?
    I wouldn't know I am not from the US.
    Yeshua, Abraham, Solomon, Rachel Joy Scott, Vitali Klitschko, Bruce Lee, Doug Richard, Ashraf Barhom, Paul Teutul Sr.

David killed Goliath and thus the first principle of Krav Maga was battle proven.

"If you get me in an arm-lock, you better break my arm. If you get me in a head-lock, you better break my neck because if I get out I'm going to break your ass!" -Kimbo Slice

NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000)

I wouldn't know I am not from the US.
    Here is the North American locations page....

There is a place near where I live to train thats IKMF certified, maybe I'll try it.

http://www.krav-maga.com/usa.html

Originally Posted by NaggerGuy View Post
    Here is the North American locations page....

There is a place near where I live to train thats IKMF certified, maybe I'll try it.

http://www.krav-maga.com/usa.html
    Go for gold man! IKMF certified means they have been recognised by the top teachers.
    So yeah check it out bro. Keep us updated.

Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I decided to make this thread for all those interested in, involved in or just unaware of Krav Maga.

I am a Kravist, that is a practioner of Krav Maga, under the organisation of the International Krav Maga Federation.

Feel free to discuss KM or ask me questions about the deadly art.
    ~
    A Short History of Krav Maga

*Developed in the 1930s by Imi Lichtenfeld aka Imi Sde-Or.
    *Purpose was to protect Jewish communities against Pro-Nazi gangs.
    *Adopted as the main combat system of the Israel Defence Forces.
    *The IKMF was created by Eyal Yanilov, Imi's main student and assistant.
    ~

Krav Maga has been developed to be one of the most successful self-defence systems in the world. It does not represent itself as a sport and there are no competitions held in its name. There is no set stance or style.

The main objective of Krav Maga is to avoid confrontation if possible, however in most circumstances this is not an option so combat must take place. In this case, Krav Maga focuses on taking control of a situation and neutralising a opponent or several opponents in the most effective and fastest way possible.

Krav Maga takes moves from various martial arts and alters them to suit situations that may arise in real life attacks. It considers all situations to be a 'worst case' scenario.

For the IDF to be using it as their primary art, in a constant war-time nation, it has to say something for the art.
    Curious.. are they any decent looking women who do Krav Maga ? I know in Israel they'res lots of hot soldiers.

Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
    Curious.. are they any decent looking women who do Krav Maga ? I know in Israel they'res lots of hot soldiers.
    How you know? Because of the pics of them on the net? Trust me man that is only a small amount. Lol

You can get plenty of good-looking girls wanting to learn self-defence. Don't take them all lightly though. Lol.

Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Leefoo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How you know? Because of the pics of them on the net? Trust me man that is only a small amount. Lol

You can get plenty of good-looking girls wanting to learn self-defence. Don't take them all lightly though. Lol.
    so they are alot who go to krav maga class? in my mma gym in ottawa, almost all of them are not nice looking lol.

so they are alot who go to krav maga class? in my mma gym in ottawa, almost all of them are not nice looking lol.
    Well I can imagine, and this is just a guess, that Krav Maga may be more appealing to women. Stating that it is a self-defence class, they can look at videos and stuff and see women kicking butt in them.
    In MMA, they probably seeing women bashing the living crap out of each other, which they probably don't want to do. Just a thought so you get all the rough, tough, not so attractive women in MMA.

Maybe. Lol.

wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't say I've ever seen a martial art defense for glassing or broken bottle attacks. I work in security and every so often you are involved in an altercation with someone armed with glass. Is it the same as a knife defense? Because I dont really believe in knife disarms or defenses.

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I my Krav Maga class in Austin, there were a lot of beautiful women.

k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I may be in the minority here but who the hell picks a martial arts based on the attractiveness of the women students?? haha

k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wildphucker View Post
    I can't say I've ever seen a martial art defense for glassing or broken bottle attacks. I work in security and every so often you are involved in an altercation with someone armed with glass. Is it the same as a knife defense? Because I dont really believe in knife disarms or defenses.
    I'm sure 1_COR will give you some good insight but I'll relay my experience in the meantime. We trained extensively in knife "fighting" in my JKD class. Basic control and disarm drills and then we'd spar. Obviously we couldn't use real knives or else there wouldn't be many students left. However we wanted it to be as realistic as possible. We would wear white t-shirts and arm ourselves with magic markers. There was no way you could mistake being sliced/stabbed that way. At the end of class we looked like as if a class of kindergarten art students went buck wild on us. It was to teach us how dangerous a knife altercation could be and what works and doesn't work. Let me tell you. A lot, if not all of that movie sh*t doesn't stand a chance. You need real training from a real system.

I would imagine a glass bottle is similar to a knife. If anything you may have a slight advantage in that the contour and surface of the bottle make it harder to hold onto. However it should still be treated as a deadly weapon. Basic rules are to keep your distance if possible until help arrives or you can get a weapon of your own. ie; tazer, pepper spray, baton, etc. Keep objects in between you and the attacker. ie; chairs, tables, friends you don't like. You need to get control of the weapon without negating your own defenses. Simply grabbing his arm doesn't mean he's going to give up. He can still punch you with his other hand. Bear hugs and double/single leg takedowns are a good way to get stabbed in the back of the head. Someone with a broken bottle is most likely in a bar/restaurant and is probably intoxicated. This has it's benefits as well as it's disadvantages. The good thing is that most people who would come at you with a knife/bottle probably aren't trained. Also if they're drunk their coordination is most likely very bad. This does not mean they aren't dangerous. The problem with people under the influence is that the chances of reasoning with them is usually out of the question. They no longer posess the ability to use common sense and decide when to stop. Their pain threshold is also higher meaning you might have to work twice as hard to inflict damage on them. My JKD instructor had two stories (of many) that he liked to repeatedly tell to us.

The first involved two men he saw get into a fight. One of the men had a small pen knife no bigger than 1 1/2-2" long. The two men locked up and the man with the knife began to stab the other man in the back numerous times. By the time the fight was over and the authorities arrived, EMS had counted 30+ stab wounds in the mans back and lungs!

The second altercation invloved my instructor. Back when he was an arrogant teenager he got into a fight and pulled out a knife. He stabbed his attacker in the leg and stood back. Reveling in what he considered a victorious maneuver. Without flinching the guy punched my instructor right in the mouth knocking him to the ground and knocking out one of his teeth. He had to actually tell the guy he had just been stabbed. With the adrenalin he didn't even realize it.

So you see anything can happen in a fight and especially when a weapon is involved. There's no magical move that can be taught to you over the internet that will work in all situations. It's something you have to repeatedly train for.
    Last edited by k0bun; 12-22-2008 at 12:56 PM.

wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000) wildphucker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good post. I was curious to whether or not there was an empty hand defense for a broken bottle. There are a few incidents here and there with people taking them up as weapons, and since I am security, I cant simply run away because it is my job. I've been in one altercation empty handed against someone with a smashed glass, and a tiny little edge of it cut a vein on my hand, and blood was EVERYWHERE. I had no idea the tiniest cut in the right place could do so much damage, and I lost feeling in my hand in about 10 seconds. Which is why I am sceptical of knife disarms and defenses, because I know firsthand just how much damage they can do. Though with a broken bottle or glass its only the edges which are dangerous, not the entire length of it(unlike a knife) so it is somewhat more feasible to attempt to empty handedly deal with someone brandishing it as a weapon. Also glass is not nearly as effective a cutting implement as a knife as(though still dangerous)

first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) first_post has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out Fight Quest's show on KM. Its pretty good...here is the intro:

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqD_y90uLXM

And if you want to watch all the parts, get them off this guy's youtube page:

-> http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ne&view=videos

Originally Posted by wildphucker View Post
    The Knife attacks in KM are quite effective. If it's a thrusting knife attack, the arm is not just block but deflected.
    If the attacker holds the knife without actually going for you, it's similar to a close gun defence which involves twisting your body out of the line of fire, grabbing the hand/wrist, violently bending it quickly and obtaining it yourself.

The glass defences are different. Why? Because with a knife it can be deflected. A glass is dangerous even with deflection because if the attacker lets go of it, you may deflect his arm but the glass may still smash your face.
    The way to defend against glassings is a matter of deflectiong but movement as well. Look for videos on it for better explanation.

Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
    I my Krav Maga class in Austin, there were a lot of beautiful women.
    You'd be one of them my dear.

Bump

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I been thinking about it lately a little more research is needed. They have a training center out here in l.a. so I'm gonna check that out
    Evidence.

Californians have a right to bear arms in public!

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is the probably the best thread about Krav Maga I have seen here. Surprisingly, no one has posted that their instructor is ex Israeli special forces. I always wonder how it is possible that every instructor is. I agree it is probably the number one choice for women and self defense.

Originally Posted by farsscf View Post
    This is the probably the best thread about Krav Maga I have seen here. Surprisingly, no one has posted that their instructor is ex Israeli special forces. I always wonder how it is possible that every instructor is. I agree it is probably the number one choice for women and self defense.
    Well, out of pure assumption, I would think the SF guys learn a great deal more of Krav Maga in the Military than their pals in the regular military, so they probably have more experience and better credentials to go on as an instructor.

Plus, I think that only SF guys get the chance to become military instructors in Krav Maga so looks better for them again if they go out on their own.

You have to be careful though, some are rubbish.

One example, already mentioned, is Commando Krav Maga. Apparently, according to several of my instructors and other instructors I've read of over the net, comment that the CKM instructor never learnt 'proper' KM and allows civillians to become CKM-qualified instructors after a 3-day workshop.
    Far from effective.

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink

I know it isn't true, it is just that every thread you read is "My Krav Maga instructor is the baddest man on the planet, he is even ex Israeli SF." I am not disputing that they are well trained in KM, I am saying there can't be that many of them.

Originally Posted by farsscf View Post
    I know it isn't true, it is just that every thread you read is "My Krav Maga instructor is the baddest man on the planet, he is even ex Israeli SF." I am not disputing that they are well trained in KM, I am saying there can't be that many of them.
    Haha yeah.

Bump

Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ajulaks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I saw it on Human Weapon, pretty alpha stuff
    A change in attitude can change your life

ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Krav Maga is good for beginners as self defence, complete beginners can reach decent level relatively fast.

For serious martial artist & those really wanting serious self defence KM has good & bad. I've trained in and with people in IKMF, IKMA, Commando KM, etc.

Probably the largest IKMF - is very technique heavy & less on concepts. Whilst some things say defence like simple chokes to front /side /back - using plucking defence & strikes have common ground from all angles, things like knife defence, stick or gun degenerate into very overcomplicated techniques that simply are unlikely to work in real situations. People like Moni Aizik (CKM) or Jim Wagner got it right that over complicated techniques requiring you to use more than two motor skills are likely to fail for real (interestingly Wagner's / Aizik's etc KM is nothing like IKMF/IKMA & they are more than happy to show you why IKMF/IKMA techniques are likely to fail in real situation - silly one arm blocks & one attacking simultaneously defences whilst bending forward! Wagner will show you why they won't work for real! Silly plucking defences for chokes high ranking IKMF/IKMA Instructors find they do not work when Aizik or one of his guys really try to choke a person).

In IKMF/IKMA with gun or stick defence one type of attack you will grab weapon another use block, another different defence depending on angle or type of attack - far too much tro remember in real conflict!

There is much out there under the Krav Maga name , it is a generic name like Kali (all Filipino arts), Kung Fu , etc. Many assume it is pretty much all the same just different organisations, which is not the case.

Originally Posted by ShaolinSoccer View Post
    Krav Maga is good for beginners as self defence, complete beginners can reach decent level relatively fast.

For serious martial artist & those really wanting serious self defence KM has good & bad. I've trained in and with people in IKMF, IKMA, Commando KM, etc.

Probably the largest IKMF - is very technique heavy & less on concepts. Whilst some things say defence like simple chokes to front /side /back - using plucking defence & strikes have common ground from all angles, things like knife defence, stick or gun degenerate into very overcomplicated techniques that simply are unlikely to work in real situations. People like Moni Aizik (CKM) or Jim Wagner got it right that over complicated techniques requiring you to use more than two motor skills are likely to fail for real (interestingly Wagner's / Aizik's etc KM is nothing like IKMF/IKMA & they are more than happy to show you why IKMF/IKMA techniques are likely to fail in real situation - silly one arm blocks & one attacking simultaneously defences whilst bending forward! Wagner will show you why they won't work for real! Silly plucking defences for chokes high ranking IKMF/IKMA Instructors find they do not work when Aizik or one of his guys really try to choke a person).

In IKMF/IKMA with gun or stick defence one type of attack you will grab weapon another use block, another different defence depending on angle or type of attack - far too much tro remember in real conflict!

There is much out there under the Krav Maga name , it is a generic name like Kali (all Filipino arts), Kung Fu , etc. Many assume it is pretty much all the same just different organisations, which is not the case.
    I have to disagree completely with this statement. Not out of disrespect but out of experience.
    I have been in contact with Mr Wagner and was informed of 3-day instructors course run by Moni. Many instructors I have contacted from PROTECT KM, KMW and IKMF do not recognise Moni as a KM instructor. He, personally, is a very deadly and worthy fighter do not get my wrong but his styles are questioned by many other instructors over different organisations.

As far as IKMF being complicated and likely to fail in real life, this is completely wrong. For example, and I speak of IKMF only in which I train, a gun defence at close-range is no more then twisting the body out of the line-of-sight, grabbing the barrel and manipulating the wrist to free the weapon. It is a one, flowing movement that requires little effort and with practice comes a natural instinct.
    The knife defence is the same in simplicity. A stationary knife threat is disarmed as a firearm would be. A striking/jabbing knife attack is not 'blocked' but deflected mid-forearm, creating an opening and strikes launched at the face, throat, eyes etc.
    They are pretty simply and very fast to carry out and as said, become natural instincts with practice.
    If the IKMF people you have trained under make such moves complicated, I question their actual relation to the proper IKMF.
    The IKMF is the original (formerly the IKMA) from the founder. It is the adopted form of the IDF. This has to say something.
    Also, if you watch a few clips from Amir Perets you will see the simply techniques of such defences. He is part of the KMW but they and us -IKMF- share the same disarming techniques pretty much.
    I am not sure of what you mean by bending forward but I am aware of the effectiveness of Retzev, which is simultaneously defending and launching your own attack. For example, a hook punch is thrown, you would 360-defence it and at the same time launch a punch/elbow (distance dependant) to the face or vunerable areas, then continue to 'flow' with strikes to neutralise the attack as quickly and effectively as possible.

I recommend training with some proven IKMF or KMW instructors just to re-evaluate your opinion. This is no attack personally.
    Last edited by 1_COR_16.13; 01-05-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks for the info op. i just found a trainer in toronto by the name of Chris Gagne. apparently he is associated with IKMF so hes the real deal. gonna be starting classes in like a month.

Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    thanks for the info op. i just found a trainer in toronto by the name of Chris Gagne. apparently he is associated with IKMF so hes the real deal. gonna be starting classes in like a month.
    Go hard at it bro!

ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100)
    1 Cor,

There are NO World Class martial artists in the IKMF not a single one! Incl. Eyal Yanilov etc. That's the problem a system that cannot turn out any World class martial artists in it's entire history is worrying. Not a single IKMF guy is devastatingly fast or powerful that I've seen or heard of, I've trained with Eyal & top guys incl. those from Global Instructors team - all are good at what they do, none not a single one is world class or even close, not one is really impressive. If you think or know any that are, post a link to video I've yet to see one.

Regarding bending forward , I meant in the ridiculous knife defence you bend forward at hips so the middle of your body is further away from knife as you simultaneously block/attack. This sort of nonsense, observe low defence for example :
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xfKM3OqC4_Q

It immobilizes you tempoararily & curiously no other martial art/self defence system I can think of uses such nonsense.

As for not complicated? You are kidding right.

Defence against stick Overhead strike - Stabbing defence block (pg. 64 Eyal's book)

Horizontal Swing from Side - diff block (pg.76)

Stab With Stick pg. 78 diff. defence.

etc, etc.

Tell me HOW MANY defences does IKMF have against punches such as a jab? Answer : LOADS too many to count maybe 15 or so! Against one type of punch!

STUPID TECHNIQUES: Eyal still personally teaches - low blocks and defences against Kicks, actually bending forward to block kicks with your arms! Works a treat until someone wraps their shin round your head when you bend forward!

Eyal is fond too of teaching Spinning kicks - spinning crescent kicks, spinning back kicks, etc. Even jump kicks.

As for not recognising Moni as KM Instructor, many have created their own history Eyal included! IKMA dispute his version of history & Instructor ranking from Imi , etc. Hence IKMA & IKMF not getting along these days. Moni has his own history he is Co-Creator of Krav Maga with Imi (least he has claimed it before & in print) that was when he was only around 18 years old! Despite too never having released ONE SINGLE photo of himself with Imi!

There is lot of good in IKMF but lot of bad too, you have seen those low blocks for kicks believe me they are taught!