Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    S1NN3R G0N3 G00D NotBigEnough206's Avatar
    NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotBigEnough206 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zipitlisten View Post
    Thank you Wyomann.. you are very kind I got bullied for my height and It has impacted my self esteem. I look at my broad shoulders and big feet and I don't feel feminine or attractive. Sorry if this thread feels like I'm fishing for compliments.. I'm certainly not. I honestly think I have a problem and I wanted to see if anyone had advice for me. But I think I need to talk to a professional about this obsession.
    You are still young, only 20. You think that it matters now what people in school said etc. Trust me give it a few more years, you are never going to think of those people or what they said. Concentrate on yourself, and making yourself happy, successful etc. Make your family proud and dont let low lifes drag you down.
    EX YU Mafia #1 ----Cant Touch Us----

(OO==[][]==OO)

Its not important what they say behind my back, what is Important is whether they stop talking and look down when I turn around.

BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BetterMeToday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got bullied for my height and It has impacted my self esteem. I look at my broad shoulders and big feet and I don't feel feminine or attractive.
    Very familiar feeling. For me it was my height + glasses. Children in primary school are just so "nice"!

Might not matter anymore what they said in school, but height was just an object I got bullied for and who wants to get bullied for something, so for me it made me feel insecure about it and a lot less confidence to start with... Not that I think about their words now, but it took a lot to start loving my height, well at least most days of the week i do.

zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BetterMeToday View Post
    Very familiar feeling. For me it was my height + glasses. Children in primary school are just so "nice"!

Might not matter anymore what they said in school, but height was just an object I got bullied for and who wants to get bullied for something, so for me it made me feel insecure about it and a lot less confidence to start with... Not that I think about their words now, but it took a lot to start loving my height, well at least most days of the week i do.
    Yes kids usually find anything to tease about.. the bad thing is it leaves a mark on your self esteem. Sometimes I love being tall.. other times I hate it. I guess it's like everything in life.. you want what you can't have!
    When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are on the right track. No scale. Pics only once a week max. At the same time of day, same day of the week.

If you read around this site, there are a bunch of women here who have found a healthy balance in how they go about this journey. They kept at it consistently for many years.

Find the joy in it!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't read all of the replies, so apologies in advance for any repeats.

Bodybuilding is a vain sport. We spend LOTS of time in front of the mirror checking ourselves out. That feeling of not being satisfied is kinda what keeps the wheels turning, KWIM? Making us want bigger/better/leaner/stronger. I mean, I KNOW, logically, I'm not "fat." But I'm never lean enough for me. Get pissed at myself when I don't follow 100% to the plan. Which is often. My quads will never be what I want them to be. Do I have BDD? No. Most likely you don't either.

True BDD often focuses on something specific---an imagined/perceived bump in the nose; cleft in the chin; mole on the arm. etc. The disorder will interfere with life---sufferers won't leave the house because the "flaw" is so offensive to them, and they believe to everyone else as well. Bodybuilders, OTOH, tend to think they're either not big enough or, more common with women, not lean enough. I wouldn't go diagnosing yourself with personality disorders just yet. MOre likely than not, you're just your typical narcissistic BB'er. Welcome to the club.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    . But I think I need to talk to a professional about this obsession.
    I just read this now. Seriously? I don't think you do. All the answers we need our within ourselves. When your life quality is threatened; when you refuse to leave the house; maybe.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes kids usually find anything to tease about.. the bad thing is it leaves a mark on your self esteem. Sometimes I love being tall.. other times I hate it. I guess it's like everything in life.. you want what you can't have!
    You can give me some of those height inches girl! ;-)

You aren't doing anything wrong... as someone else said it is amazing that you are serious about lifting and eating right... you just have to dial it back sometimes when it is taking over and making you feel bad about yourself despite the fact that you are doing well (say pants are loose, etc.) THAT'S what you should pay more attention to vs. the scale and what you see in the mirror.

Most say set a date to weight yourself/take pictures/what have you... do you do this? Maybe at first you should step on the scale/take a hard look in the mirror/take a picture every two weeks... If it isn't every day or even every week you may see MORE of a difference and this could make you feel better... vs. looking everyday and seeing no change... every week and not catching the subtle differences.

zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    You are on the right track. No scale. Pics only once a week max. At the same time of day, same day of the week.

If you read around this site, there are a bunch of women here who have found a healthy balance in how they go about this journey. They kept at it consistently for many years.

Find the joy in it!
    Thanks Sky guy You're right.. it's all about that healthy balance. I hope some day to compete so I better get my $hit in order! Measly reps when off r/c!

Originally Posted by LaDonnaMF View Post
    You can give me some of those height inches girl! ;-)

You aren't doing anything wrong... as someone else said it is amazing that you are serious about lifting and eating right... you just have to dial it back sometimes when it is taking over and making you feel bad about yourself despite the fact that you are doing well (say pants are loose, etc.) THAT'S what you should pay more attention to vs. the scale and what you see in the mirror.

Most say set a date to weight yourself/take pictures/what have you... do you do this? Maybe at first you should step on the scale/take a hard look in the mirror/take a picture every two weeks... If it isn't every day or even every week you may see MORE of a difference and this could make you feel better... vs. looking everyday and seeing no change... every week and not catching the subtle differences.
    Lol how many inches do you want?? Good idea to set a date for pictures. It's probably the fact that I'm not noticing the difference cause I check every single dayyy multiple times a day. You're right I'm not doing anything wrong, I just don't want this to evolve into something serious like bulimia, you know? Plus family+ co workers are always telling me I'm taking it to far.. and not enjoying life. So I feel pressured from them as well like I'm doing something horribly wrong. It's just like everything.. finding that healthy balance! Thanks LaDonna!

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I didn't read all of the replies, so apologies in advance for any repeats.

Bodybuilding is a vain sport. We spend LOTS of time in front of the mirror checking ourselves out. That feeling of not being satisfied is kinda what keeps the wheels turning, KWIM? Making us want bigger/better/leaner/stronger. I mean, I KNOW, logically, I'm not "fat." But I'm never lean enough for me. Get pissed at myself when I don't follow 100% to the plan. Which is often. My quads will never be what I want them to be. Do I have BDD? No. Most likely you don't either.

True BDD often focuses on something specific---an imagined/perceived bump in the nose; cleft in the chin; mole on the arm. etc. The disorder will interfere with life---sufferers won't leave the house because the "flaw" is so offensive to them, and they believe to everyone else as well. Bodybuilders, OTOH, tend to think they're either not big enough or, more common with women, not lean enough. I wouldn't go diagnosing yourself with personality disorders just yet. MOre likely than not, you're just your typical narcissistic BB'er. Welcome to the club.
    Thanks for the reply! Yes body building is a vain sport and like you said the criticism from ourselves is what pushes for better results. I know that feeling about being pissed off if I cheat or don't work out as hard as I can lol. I mention BDD because people have been telling me I sound like I have it lol.. should have researched it a tad better huh
    But I'm going to try finding that healthy balance. I have only been training seriously for a short period of time so maybe a little rookie Btw you have killers abs.. body envy!!
    When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.