Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    squat 240 3x5
    bench 150 3x5
    deadlift 255 1x5

last rep of deadlift was UGLY
    nutrition lately wasn't as good as i'd like it to be, bumping the cals to 5000(from 4200).

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    squat 245lbs 3x5.
    press 115 4-5-4
    power clean 140 5x3

all time PR for press and power clean, power cleans felt TIGHT.
    i didn't eat a whole much lately so it affected me. i should press 3x5 with 115 next workout, from there on i'll put on the heavy collars(micro-loading, putting a 2.5 on each side is too much for the press), and the next workout i'll put on the 2.5's. same thing will happen with the bench sooner or later, i hope i can pull off a 300 squat 3x5 before using the collars, but either way, i'm now putting on 15lbs of iron on my squat each week, so even if i cut that to 7.5 each week its still awesome.

i was at the doctors and i'm 5'11, and to my amazement, 163lbs. my scale says i'm 182lbs.
    not sure which one is right, but i guess the doctor's one is more accurate(****ING 20 LBS DIFFERENCE?).
    if i'm 163lbs, I REALLY NEED TO GAIN MORE ****ING WEIGHT.
    i'm going to eat even more now, obviously i won't go to the doctor every week, but i'll check the scale and even if the scale fakes by 20 pounds, it still shows gain or loss of weight, it might not be accurate, but a gain is a gain.

can't believe it, i'm ****ing 165lbs, i should be killed

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DriveMyWhey View Post
    i was at the doctors and i'm 5'11, and to my amazement, 163lbs. my scale says i'm 182lbs.
    not sure which one is right, but i guess the doctor's one is more accurate(****ING 20 LBS DIFFERENCE?).
    if i'm 163lbs, I REALLY NEED TO GAIN MORE ****ING WEIGHT.
    i'm going to eat even more now, obviously i won't go to the doctor every week, but i'll check the scale and even if the scale fakes by 20 pounds, it still shows gain or loss of weight, it might not be accurate, but a gain is a gain.

can't believe it, i'm ****ing 165lbs, i should be killed

buy another scale, see what it says, go with whatever it was closer to
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    buy another scale, see what it says, go with whatever it was closer to
    yeah i'll try my friend's scale.

Squat 250lbs 3x5.
    Bench 155lbs 3x5.
    Deadlift 265lbs 4 reps.

relatively good technique on deadlifts. from now on i'll add 5 pounds to my deadlift.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    calibrate your scale...?
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Squat 255lbs 3x5.
    Press 115lbs 5-5-4.
    Power clean 145lbs. 3-3-3-2-3.

the press is taking the best of me, i was so exahusted after the presses i couldn't keep the technique good on power cleans. the rep i missed was a technique issue. obviously some reps were good.
    Last edited by DriveMyWhey; 01-18-2010 at 04:02 PM.

squat 260 3x5.
    bench 160 3x5.
    deadlift 270 3 reps.

next workout will be 265 again for deadlift, something isn't right, why am i stronger in the squat than in the deadlift? i'll film my form too. squats and bench felt EASY, so it wasn't the CNS, and if the squat felt easy then i'm guessing it isn't fatigue. i think its my set up.
    i found a dude who can scream at me and push me through my squats, i convinced him to read starting strength(i'm giving him my book) and hopefully he'll jump on the bandwagon.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe your squat form sucks? (no hate)

Or maybe your deadlift form sucks?

Maybe you're not build well for deadlifting. I have longer arms so it helps me a little bit more. Deadlifts came more natural to me even though I really just started training them.

Maybe you aren't getting as pumped up for deadlift's as you are for squats?

REPS for SUBS.

Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    Maybe your squat form sucks? (no hate)

Or maybe your deadlift form sucks?

Maybe you're not build well for deadlifting. I have longer arms so it helps me a little bit more. Deadlifts came more natural to me even though I really just started training them.

Maybe you aren't getting as pumped up for deadlift's as you are for squats?
    not sure how squat form and deadlift weight affect each other, the problem isn't that my squat is higher than my dead, the problem is why am i weaker in the dead.

i already said that it might be the form, more over the set up, and it doesn't matter if i'm built to deadlift or not, 270 on the bar is too few, and my arms aren't too short either, they aren't as long as some have, but they aren't too short either.
    and for deadlifts i get pumped enough, i can deadlift 270 with horrible form, but why would i do that. i just can't break the bar of the ground, sure i can pop my hips up and deadlift it but that's ****ty form and i don't want any injury.

As much as this guy annoys me, his video taught me how to deadlift properly.

REPS for SUBS.

As much as this guy annoys me, his video taught me how to deadlift properly.

i'm pretty confident rippetoe knows a tiny tad better.

Don't know unless you try it...it works perfectly for me. Never had a problem with my back yet and I've never been able to rep out alot before on deadlift...

Obviously something is wrong, so I'd check your form first...on everything. Maybe you're not going low enough on squats.

REPS for SUBS.

Don't know unless you try it...it works perfectly for me. Never had a problem with my back yet and I've never been able to rep out alot before on deadlift...

Obviously something is wrong, so I'd check your form first...on everything. Maybe you're not going low enough on squats.
    i've checked the video and its exactly the same set up i use.

squat 265lbs 3x5.
    press 115lbs 3x5(finally).
    power clean 155lbs. 3-3-3-3-2.

this was a wierd workout, my nutrition was good this week(6lbs gain), but yesterday i took a nap at 5:00 pm, when i went to sleep at night i couldn't fall asleep till 1:00 am, so it really screwed my workout. squats felt HEAVY, but i pushed through it, and overhead press felt light as hell. power cleans are just technique, technique and technique, felt really dizzy doing them.

i've checked the video and its exactly the same set up i use.
    That's good then. So we know it's not your form. Maybe you just need to do the lift more often to get used to it? I'm not too sure, keep us updated though and good job on today's workout.

I hate messing up my sleeping schedule, this is one of the reason's why I never take naps lol.

REPS for SUBS.

That's good then. So we know it's not your form. Maybe you just need to do the lift more often to get used to it? I'm not too sure, keep us updated though and good job on today's workout.

I hate messing up my sleeping schedule, this is one of the reason's why I never take naps lol.
    that's what i'm thinking, i think i just don't have enough deadlift experience. i think increasing my power clean up will help my deadlift too.
    and yeah, i'm never taking a nap again in my life, next time i'll go to sleep an hour eariler.

kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey man good luck with everythying, you always seem to have some pretty interesting logs, was just looking at your meals your having, and I dont think it is a good thing to have dextrose during your workout, i'l send you a cut and paste.

"Be careful not to ingest any sugars before or during your workout. You don?t want insulin in your system during a workout. This is for obvious reasons. Insulin
    depletes blood sugar. With low blood sugar, your can?t make strong muscular contractions. You will be holding down your gas pedal for growth while you
    are holding down your brake for muscle breakdown. The only reason a muscle gets bigger is through the body adapting to stress by not only repairing the
    muscle from this breakdown, but repairing it to be MORE powerful than it was before."

I think it is only good to have sugars in your workout if your workout is lasting more than 2 hours.

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by kurtbbbb View Post
    Hey man good luck with everythying, you always seem to have some pretty interesting logs, was just looking at your meals your having, and I dont think it is a good thing to have dextrose during your workout, i'l send you a cut and paste.

"Be careful not to ingest any sugars before or during your workout. You don?t want insulin in your system during a workout. This is for obvious reasons. Insulin
    depletes blood sugar. With low blood sugar, your can?t make strong muscular contractions. You will be holding down your gas pedal for growth while you
    are holding down your brake for muscle breakdown. The only reason a muscle gets bigger is through the body adapting to stress by not only repairing the
    muscle from this breakdown, but repairing it to be MORE powerful than it was before."

I think it is only good to have sugars in your workout if your workout is lasting more than 2 hours.

Hope this helps
    absolutely, i'm using dextrose only post workout with my shake.
    i'm not following john berardi's diet either, or any 8 meals, eat every 2 hours "diet".
    i'm done with that, that led me to ZERO results(basically last year's training was a WASTE). eating 5000 calories a day is giving me results. counting calories or eating like a mouse isn't going to cut it for me.
    for example, we've just bought 100 pounds of chicken a few weeks ago from the local farm, today i've bought 4.5 pounds of shrimps, tomorrow's a food fest. i gained 6 pounds this week, and its not water weight. and i wouldn't think much of it was fat either. i've started SS with 8 pullups at 155lbs, now i'm at 172(a month later), i've increased my squat by almost 100 pounds and i can do 13 pullups(a part of my warm up).

I don't know about the clean increasing deadlift. I think it'd more likely be the other way around since the first part of the clean is a deadlift lol. Cleans are based off your other lifts, like I don't do them anymore but I bet I can still clean alot, maybe even more with good form still.

Not saying actually right now cause of my ankle but you get what I'm saying. Just deadlift more, you might see the numbers start going up.

REPS for SUBS.

kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100)
    absolutely, i'm using dextrose only post workout with my shake.
    i'm not following john berardi's diet either, or any 8 meals, eat every 2 hours "diet".
    i'm done with that, that led me to ZERO results(basically last year's training was a WASTE). eating 5000 calories a day is giving me results. counting calories or eating like a mouse isn't going to cut it for me.
    for example, we've just bought 100 pounds of chicken a few weeks ago from the local farm, today i've bought 4.5 pounds of shrimps, tomorrow's a food fest. i gained 6 pounds this week, and its not water weight. and i wouldn't think much of it was fat either. i've started SS with 8 pullups at 155lbs, now i'm at 172(a month later), i've increased my squat by almost 100 pounds and i can do 13 pullups(a part of my warm up).
    Wow, 100 pounds of chicken thats alot lol, im going to look into that tomorrow in Australia and see how much it will cost me, how much did it work out to per pound? Its like 10buks a kilo here. Yeah SS is the ****, did it for a month but i was sort of cutting and then wasn't, not sure how much squat went up, but I went to the basketball courts today and my jump has gone up a ridiculous amount from it. I started at 5 pull ups also and got it up to 8. Its a shame i dont have more time to continue SS, the increase in my vert is actually insane, as basketball is starting up again. And i wish i had of done it from the start instead of WS4SB3.

I found drinking 3L of whole milk helped quite abit, in getting in the necessary calories. Yeah fat gain shouldn't really be your worry, 1 month and you could easily strip off anything you've gained if you do it properly

Anway good luck

Originally Posted by kurtbbbb View Post
    Wow, 100 pounds of chicken thats alot lol, im going to look into that tomorrow in Australia and see how much it will cost me, how much did it work out to per pound? Its like 10buks a kilo here. Yeah SS is the ****, did it for a month but i was sort of cutting and then wasn't, not sure how much squat went up, but I went to the basketball courts today and my jump has gone up a ridiculous amount from it. I started at 5 pull ups also and got it up to 8. Its a shame i dont have more time to continue SS, the increase in my vert is actually insane, as basketball is starting up again. And i wish i had of done it from the start instead of WS4SB3.

I found drinking 3L of whole milk helped quite abit, in getting in the necessary calories. Yeah fat gain shouldn't really be your worry, 1 month and you could easily strip off anything you've gained if you do it properly

Anway good luck
    well we've bought 2 boxes of chicken. each box has 12 chickens, and each box costs 84$.

squat 360 3x5.
    bench 165lbs 3x5.
    deadlift 265 1x5.

last rep of the last set of squats was a ballbuster, but the previous two were relatively easy, i had a different spotter and he was just in front of me so it really got my hip drive off.
    i think i finally found my way to deadlift, that 265 1x5 was EASY, felt like warm up. my problem was that the bar was too far away(i guess caused by a too horizontal back), but now i'm making sure to ride the bar on my leg all the way from my shins up to my tights, my shins aren't bloody yet but i'm getting there.
    i also forgot to mention that for 2 weeks now i've added spread eagle sit ups on workout B and neck work on workout A.

For the deadlift, before you start have the bar at a set spot before your shoe. Personally, I have the bar over my shoelaces so when I get down all the way, it's rested against my shins. And when I go up and bring it back down, it's in the same spot.

Just to make sure you're getting it in the same spot each time.

Good squats btw

REPS for SUBS.

Squat 270 4-5-5
    Press 110+heavy collars(total weight is more than 115 but less than 120) 4-4-4
    power clean 155lbs 3-3-3-3-3(great technique)

i had to take the workout a bit later so the regular dudes i'm training with weren't there, i was squatting and then suddenly someone started "spotting me", got my hip drive off and i failed in the 5th rep, i had to dump it, fell on his knees, was not fun for him.
    2nd and 3rd set were easy as ****, i finally got confidence in squatting inside the rack(been doing it outside usually so i won't pussy out)

i think the reason for the ****ty press is because i didn't have any confidence when working with it, felt kinda goofy with those stupid collars and smaller plates.
    on power cleans i really concentrated on technique and it was awesome. my lower quad region's skin is somewhat torn off from the cleans, in a few weeks i'll loose all my hair on my shins, and my legs will be bloody all the way from my shins to my thighs, its gonna be great!

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Squat 270 4-5-5
    Press 110+heavy collars(total weight is more than 115 but less than 120) 4-4-4
    power clean 155lbs 3-3-3-3-3(great technique)

i had to take the workout a bit later so the regular dudes i'm training with weren't there, i was squatting and then suddenly someone started "spotting me", got my hip drive off and i failed in the 5th rep, i had to dump it, fell on his knees, was not fun for him.
    2nd and 3rd set were easy as ****, i finally got confidence in squatting inside the rack(been doing it outside usually so i won't pussy out)

i think the reason for the ****ty press is because i didn't have any confidence when working with it, felt kinda goofy with those stupid collars and smaller plates.
    on power cleans i really concentrated on technique and it was awesome. my lower quad region's skin is somewhat torn off from the cleans, in a few weeks i'll loose all my hair on my shins, and my legs will be bloody all the way from my shins to my thighs, its gonna be great!

why do you think its neccessary and awesome to scrape up your legs doing power cleans? or any lift for that matter
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    why do you think its neccessary and awesome to scrape up your legs doing power cleans? or any lift for that matter
    well it makes sure the bar is close to you, which is absolutely necessary. maybe not so much on power cleans(although it must be in contact with your thighs, or else its a reverse curl), but defiantly on deadlifts.

squat 275 3x5
    bench 170 5-5-4

my lower back felt wierd after the squats, i mean really wierd, so i skipped the deadlifts, i tried to deadlift with 135 and it didn't went too well, i couldn't even do 1 rep without pain.
    i tried benching inside the rack too and the was too far away from the bar so i wasn't as comfortable, next time i'll do it outside the rack.

i already iced the lower back and it feels better, i'll have it massaged and later i'll do some contrast showers to it.

i'm going to miss tomorrow's workout and wednsday's workout, maybe even friday's workout, because my left lower back still hurts, my left ball is in pain too(i think i have varicocele). i'm going to have them checked tomorrow, or at least tomorrow i'll book a doctor's appointment.
    i'm probably not going to do regular squats again in quite sometime, i'm just going to do starting strength with box squats, not even with the technique dave tate preaches(no high-bar, toes straight forward, head-back, grip super wide and elbows down, i won't squat till my shins are past perpendicular either, and i won't tilt my back on the box). i'll squat something like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9FJOMbPrnY

but cut the elbows down part, narrow the stance a bit and grip narrower.
    Last edited by DriveMyWhey; 01-31-2010 at 04:12 PM.

i'm going to the doc to fix my left lower back and my left nut, seems really wierd. my ball hurts like hell but my lower back is much better, i did some reading and maybe i have vericocele(regarding ball pain), apparently its very common, maybe i'll have to do surgery, that wouldn't be fun at all.