Closed Thread
Page 148 of 343 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 10284
    spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok, so in the past 2-3 weeks, my weight has stayed the same, but my waist has gone down a whole inch, i am enjoying this progress lol. One more inch off my waist and i will be right where i was at my lowest weight, plus water weight, cuz i got my waist down to 35, its at 36 right now, and it also could have been from water too, because i was on low carb. So if i can get my waist down to 35 then i will be at a lower bodyfat than i have ever been in my life, i am going to keep on trucking for sure lol
    [IIFYM]
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ
    ΣΦΕ

Official Supp Misc Beer Ticker

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    BOLD = Q
    lean body mass is basically is - my BF reading ? so at mo Im 208lb, but my lean body mass is around 172lb. Does this mean I need to have 172grams of protein ? the more the better ???
    Also explained in the guide

Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    5 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I determine my lean body mass for calculating my protein intake?
    A: You have to take your total body weight and subtract your fat weight. If you e.g. weigh 200lbs and your bodyfat is 20% (=40lbs), your lean body mass is 200lbs - 40lbs = 160lbs. If you don't know your bodyfat, just take a guess. When in doubt, just eat a little more. However, if for some reason, you can't eat as much protein, just eat a little less, most people will still do fine.

How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volkan_Kurt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sabouneh View Post
    so are you weighing 150 in that avi of yours? if so then i think i will look pretty good at that weight.. seeing how we are close in height..

im actually 5'7"
    I have been following this guide for about a month or a little more now, I have been maintaining the exact same weight in that period as well.

Strength is increasing while lifting substaintually, but I don't see my self going down on the scales or in the mirror.. I have tried reducing calories as well nothing different happens while maintaining I was taking about 1000-1500 calories per day.

Before this I have been cutting and have lost about 35 LBS do you think that maybe my body needs a rest from cutting? I mean is there such thing? or am I not doing something right.

I have went from rule 1 to rule 3, and when I realized it wasn't working I went back to rule 1 a couple of times lol :S
    Losers think about doing something, winners do things before thinking.

Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Volkan_Kurt View Post
    I have been following this guide for about a month or a little more now, I have been maintaining the exact same weight in that period as well.

Strength is increasing while lifting substaintually, but I don't see my self going down on the scales or in the mirror.. I have tried reducing calories as well nothing different happens while maintaining I was taking about 1000-1500 calories per day.

Before this I have been cutting and have lost about 35 LBS do you think that maybe my body needs a rest from cutting? I mean is there such thing? or am I not doing something right.

I have went from rule 1 to rule 3, and when I realized it wasn't working I went back to rule 1 a couple of times lol :S
    you are supposed to incorporate all three rules at the same time.. not just one of them.. and you are probably underestimating how many cals you are eating.. at 1000 cals a day you will lose weight... unless you just sit and not move all day long in which you still would probably burn more than 1000 cals...
    The names leanord washington.... where im from ? none of your gawd dam* business...

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't."

BTK! " Bleed Time Krew "

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigBoyAdd View Post
    Not really but lifts are getting harder.
    That's normal. As long as you can keep up strength, chances are you haven't lost any substantial amount of muscle mass. Don't worry.

Thanks man.... yea im trying to lose another 10-15 pounds.... when i tell people that.. their like " you dont want to get much thinner than you are now.. you will look skinny or anorexic " haha.. im hoping that when i lose the weight il actually look bigger but who knows.. you think that will happen ?
    You will look smaller in clothes but bigger without.

Originally Posted by spak View Post
    ok, so in the past 2-3 weeks, my weight has stayed the same, but my waist has gone down a whole inch, i am enjoying this progress lol. One more inch off my waist and i will be right where i was at my lowest weight, plus water weight, cuz i got my waist down to 35, its at 36 right now, and it also could have been from water too, because i was on low carb. So if i can get my waist down to 35 then i will be at a lower bodyfat than i have ever been in my life, i am going to keep on trucking for sure lol
    Good example of how a recomp diet works.

Originally Posted by Volkan_Kurt View Post

As posted by Sabouneh, you have to follow all 3 rules at a time. Maybe you need a break from cutting, but if you keep following the 3 rules, you will continue losing fat.
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SE70 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guys...new here and I've been out of the gym for about 3 months so it's like starting over. Great info and I'm going to give Wave's guidelines a shot.

39 yr old
    5'8 @ 240lbs..so ways to go.

Looks like some great motivation going on here.
    Should be great to follow.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cutting Guide 3.0 FTW!

Looks good
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Originally Posted by SE70 View Post
    Hey Guys...new here and I've been out of the gym for about 3 months so it's like starting over. Great info and I'm going to give Wave's guidelines a shot.

39 yr old
    5'8 @ 240lbs..so ways to go.

Looks like some great motivation going on here.
    Should be great to follow.
    Good luck man!

Originally Posted by iDrive View Post
    Cutting Guide 3.0 FTW!

Looks good
    Thanks man, it's called "Guide to Bodybuilding" now, next time I will name it "Guide to Awesomeness"

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck man!

Thanks man, it's called "Guide to Bodybuilding" now, next time I will name it "Guide to Awesomeness"
    Am I correct that you replaced DB Presses in the first chest exercise with BB Presses?
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

Loose rhymes with goose. Lose rhymes with ooze.

Registered User MaximumIn10sity's Avatar
    MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Sabouneh;401705711]

You mean the pic of your avi? Looking good man, you have a good amount of muscle mass. BF sounds about right maybe a little higher.

QUOTE]

Thanks man.... yea im trying to lose another 10-15 pounds.... when i tell people that.. their like " you dont want to get much thinner than you are now.. you will look skinny or anorexic " haha.. im hoping that when i lose the weight il actually look bigger but who knows.. you think that will happen ?
    I am at 220 lbs right now and I cannot tell you how many times I am told I am wasting away, disappearing, skinny minny, etc.. I usually just laugh it off. The whole time thinking to myself if they only knew I am not even close to where I want to be and if I did tell them they probably would have an intervention.
    Last edited by MaximumIn10sity; 10-25-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    Don't let go
    I've wanted this far too long
    Mistakes become regrets
    I've learned to love abuse
    Please show me what I'm looking for
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqCfxgKZd8

spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MaximumIn10sity View Post

I am at 220 lbs right now and I cannot tell you how times I am told I am wasting away, disappearing, skinny minny, etc.. I usually just laugh it off. The whole time thinking to myself if they only knew I am not even close to where I want to be and if I did tell them they probably would have an intervention.
    haha this, i get it all the time, i got goals, i dont care what other people say lol
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

Registered User MaximumIn10sity's Avatar
    MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumIn10sity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile The Wave_Length "How To Lose Fat For Noobs" Book

7 Acknowledgements

Hey Wave,
    Thanks for the acknowledgment even though I am completely new here and for the Wavelength Guide to Bodybuilding v3.0. My question to you is when are you going to write a book on this? Have you ever thought about it? You would never have to work again if you did. I think people would love the simplicity of it all and that it really works.
    Don't let go
    I've wanted this far too long
    Mistakes become regrets
    I've learned to love abuse
    Please show me what I'm looking for
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqCfxgKZd8

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=MaximumIn10sity;401886241]

I am at 220 lbs right now and I cannot tell you how times I am told I am wasting away, disappearing, skinny minny, etc.. I usually just laugh it off. The whole time thinking to myself if they only knew I am not even close to where I want to be and if I did tell them they probably would have an intervention.
    Im with ya on that. Friends that I work with think Im mad for dieting. Its cos I look good in cloths, I want to look good for the bedroom lol...
    Last edited by BigBoyAdd; 10-26-2009 at 03:10 AM.
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had this thread bookmarked for a while and have been reading Wave's posts.

I have a question, though. Wave claimed at one point in this thread that 90% of body composition goals can be met with nothing but a proper calorie deficit (if on a cut) and a proper lifting routine. He said just get a bit of fruit and veggies and some fish oil, and enough protein, and the rest doesn't matter as long as the calories are on point in relation to the rate of weight change. So this means fried foods, simple carbs, sugar, anything goes?

This is the part where I'm not convinced a whole lot. You really believe that anyone can chow down on McDonalds as long as the calories are okay and reach their goals? You think there is no difference in body composition with someone who ate a Big Mac value meal and someone who ate a chicken breast and veggies meal? Am I correct in my interpretation of your posts?
    Last edited by Cachexic; 10-25-2009 at 06:40 PM.

plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cachexic View Post

I have a question, though. Wave claimed at one point in this thread that 90% of body composition goals can be met with nothing but a proper calorie deficit (if on a cut) and a proper lifting routine. He said just get a bit of fruit and veggies and some fish oil, and the rest doesn't matter as long as the calories are on point in relation to the rate of weight change. So this means fried foods, simple carbs, sugar, anything goes?

This is the part where I'm not convinced a whole lot. You really believe that anyone can chow down on McDonalds as long as the calories are okay and reach their goals? You think there is no difference in body composition with someone who ate a Big Mac value meal and someone who ate a chicken breast and veggies meal? Am I correct in my interpretation of your posts?
    Some people believe that a calorie is a calorie and, provided you're getting sufficient protein then it doesn't matter what else you're eating as long as you hit your caloric deficit. But this is just some people's opinions...others believe you need to eat clean foods.

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by plated View Post
    Some people believe that a calorie is a calorie and, provided you're getting sufficient protein then it doesn't matter what else you're eating as long as you hit your caloric deficit. But this is just some people's opinions...others believe you need to eat clean foods.
    Yes. I have noticed that. The only thing I can think of is maybe it comes down to genetics. Maybe Wave can get 8% body fat eating whatever he wants, but someone else cannot. Is there anyone reading this who eats dirty but has a low body fat %?

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes. I have noticed that. The only thing I can think of is maybe it comes down to genetics. Maybe Wave can get 8% body fat eating whatever he wants, but someone else cannot. Is there anyone reading this who eats dirty but has a low body fat %?
    I think Wave will be the first to tell you he has average genetics (who knows how modest he's being)

I too believe if you get your protein in etc the whole shabang, the rest of the calories your body needs has little (if any) impact on your body comp. Granted with fast/fried food the amount needed is smaller since it's pretty calorie dense and is easily underestimated by a LOT of people.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

Hmm. Well that's very interesting. I'm still a bit skeptical.

Using your logic, I could purchase three double cheeseburgers from the Burger King (1500 calories, 90 grams protein), eat a piece of fruit, drink a protein shake, take a multivitamin, take a few capsules of omega-3 fish oil, and I had a great day of nutrition in terms of cutting. Am I correct?
    Last edited by Cachexic; 10-25-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sabouneh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Using your logic, I could purchase three double cheeseburgers from the Burger King (1500 calories, 90 grams protein), eat a piece of fruit, drink a protein shake, take a multivitamin, take a few capsules of omega-3 fish oil, and I had a great day of nutrition in terms of cutting. Am I correct?
    umm yup haha.... as long as you burn more than you took in... you will lose weight as an end result.... lots of people have done this.....
    The names leanord washington.... where im from ? none of your gawd dam* business...

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't."

BTK! " Bleed Time Krew "

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

If that means you're still in a caloric deficit you will continue to lose, I never said you'd have a great day nutritionally. I'm not advocating to eat your protein and then go out and eat ice cream (theoretically you could, if it fit).

You can look at food as a source of fuel (since that's what it is) and argue you should fill your body with the best fuel possible. However, a macronutrient is a macronutrient - if that carb comes from a bun or from oatmeal, why or how does it matter? Sure, some fats and some chemicals are added blah blah, but I don't believe it will alter your body comp if you're still in a deficit and protein/weight training etc is in order.

Edit: And oddly enough, what you're talking about Wave is pretty much doing at the moment as an experiment. If/when you read this WL you can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe he sips on a protein shake during the day to make sure he has adequate protein (or at least, semi-adequate, probably gets the rest from other food) and everything else aside he will eat 1 - 2 larger meals consisting of foods people would deem 'dirty' (I hate that word when describing food) You can ask him how it's working out though, I personally am not sure.
    Last edited by phal; 10-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I have a question, though. Wave claimed at one point in this thread that 90% of body composition goals can be met with nothing but a proper calorie deficit (if on a cut) and a proper lifting routine. He said just get a bit of fruit and veggies and some fish oil, and enough protein, and the rest doesn't matter as long as the calories are on point in relation to the rate of weight change. So this means fried foods, simple carbs, sugar, anything goes?

The 3 rules are just guidelines for achieving optimal body composition (retaining as much muscle mass as possible while using as much fat mass as possible).

The truth when it comes to optimal health is that you could ask a million different nutritionists and dietitians and get a million different answers as to what will be beneficial/harmful when consumed. The jury is still out. As you'll see in the Guide to Bodybuilding he recommends eating a wide variety of foods to make sure that you're accounting for all variables when it comes to health.

And for your "double cheeseburgers diet". Yeah, it should be the same.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Yes I fully understand this is strictly about body composition, not overall health.

Interesting. I'm eager to hear back from WL about his results with this experiment he is apparently doing.
    Last edited by Cachexic; 10-25-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Registered User TheReductionist's Avatar
    TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheReductionist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes I fully understand this is strictly about body composition, not overall health.

Interesting. I'm eager to hear back from WL about his results with this experiment he is apparently doing.
    I wouldn't exactly call it an experiment anymore, he has been eating this way for quite a while now and his recomp is coming along well, which is proof that you can eat what you want as long as following the rules. If you are skeptical of reaching optimal body composition by eating things that people consider forbidden while getting minimum protein in and EFA's, why not try it yourself, thats going to be the only way you can personally tell if it works or not.
    Last edited by TheReductionist; 10-25-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies
    - Arthur Calwell
    Arnold's favourite supplement:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXe4ZNdhOIU&feature=related
    Shutup and Squat

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Actually you just have to think about it, it's basic logic:

Food is made of 3 macronutrients, carbohydrates, protein, fat. There are different carbs, different fats and what not, but for the sake of simplicity we shall ignore the differences (which are minimal for body composition anyway; GI for example doesn't really matter if you don't eat the carbs alone) and ask one question:

How could the body possibly know if you feed him with carbs from oatmeal or with carbs from a hamburger bun?

Originally Posted by older2533 View Post
    Am I correct that you replaced DB Presses in the first chest exercise with BB Presses?
    Just wanted it to make a bit more generic that's all. DB exercises alone are fine too of course.

Originally Posted by MaximumIn10sity View Post
    Hey Wave,
    Thanks for the acknowledgment even though I am completely new here and for the Wavelength Guide to Bodybuilding v3.0. My question to you is when are you going to write a book on this? Have you ever thought about it? You would never have to work again if you did. I think people would love the simplicity of it all and that it really works.
    You have already given some good advice here.
    I've been told a few times that I should write a book, but it would be the shortest book of all times (see first post).

I've already co-authored a book once (in my academic years) and I know that it's a big pain in the ass to get it published etc. And you would have to have a huge success so that it pays decent money.

Oh well, maybe when I'm retired, right now I'm pretty busy with my company.

Yes you are 100% correct.

I can guarantee you that (as long as you are healthy) it has nothing to do with genetics.

Originally Posted by phal View Post
    I think Wave will be the first to tell you he has average genetics (who knows how modest he's being)

I too believe if you get your protein in etc the whole shabang, the rest of the calories your body needs has little (if any) impact on your body comp. Granted with fast/fried food the amount needed is smaller since it's pretty calorie dense and is easily underestimated by a LOT of people.
    Exactly.

I practically do that every day (Not Mc. Donalds but different restaurants). As mentioned before, for optimal health you may want to apply a few more restrictions.

Originally Posted by TheReductionist View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call it an experiment anymore, he has been eating this way for quite a while now and his recomp is coming along well, which is proof that you can eat what you want as long as following the rules. If you are skeptical of reaching optimal body composition by eating things that people consider forbidden while getting minimum protein in and EFA's, why not try it yourself, thats going to be the only way you can personally tell if it works or not.
    Yes, I have done that for over a year now. I have been able to get into the best shape of my life using this method. Even in the last week of my diet, I just reduced sodium a little to get dry. More info here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117483821

Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll probably try this for today LOL. 3 double cheeseburgers, $3....my type of deal

Very well. Thanks for all the responses. I guess I can stop driving myself crazy every time I eat a bit of simple carbs or something. "Oh my god I ate a piece of white bread! Now my insulin levels are going to go crazy and I'm not going to be able to lose any fat!"

Originally Posted by Hudacris View Post
    I'll probably try this for today LOL. 3 double cheeseburgers, $3....my type of deal
    Might not be the healthiest choice every day, but once in a while it's perfectly OK.

Very well. Thanks for all the responses. I guess I can stop driving myself crazy every time I eat a bit of simple carbs or something. "Oh my god I ate a piece of white bread! Now my insulin levels are going to go crazy and I'm not going to be able to lose any fat!"
    Yes you can. I guarantee you that you will get shredded if you just follow the 3 rules.
    Last edited by wave_length; 10-26-2009 at 02:18 PM.

i am just amazed at this theory, my love handles around my stomach seem to be going away pretty good, and i have been enjoying life every day, basically during the week i have been eating clean, weekends are not clean, but i keep my calories in check. For example the past 2 sundays i consumed a whole container of ice cream, but fit it into my calories for the day, and i am still losing fat its amazing. Edy's light ice cream is complete win.
    [IIFYM]
    ΣΦΕ

Closed Thread
Page 148 of 343 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast