Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by space710 View Post
    This is good site to watch.I found it informative as I have been researching a lot lately on such matters such as you talk about.
    Thanks for sharing the posts.
    Regards,
    Thanks for saying so!
    Brandy
    Kicking the @*%$ out of fat, one day at a time!

Competition Thread 2009 - 2011: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117554221&p=808044511#post808044511

blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BrandyTKO View Post
    Thanks for saying so!
    oh come on Brandy! You know you rock!!! You are going to pwn the competition!
    Brian - journal at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161909473

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now a CanFitPro and NSCA certified personal trainer specializing in helping the obese. Lost over 70 pounds myself...

Goals completed: Three 5K's, one half marathon, Spartan Run, and Warrior Dash.

Goals working on: Triathlon, Putting together "Days Of Inspiration" (www.********.com/groups/daysofinspiration)

BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blsmith View Post
    oh come on Brandy! You know you rock!!! You are going to pwn the competition!
    Well thanks, but I go through some doubts (don't we all?).
    Brandy

Competition Thread 2009 - 2011: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117554221&p=808044511#post808044511

Geez I'm really going through with this aren't I? It freaks me out at times, I am only 2 weeks away from the comp. This is coming up quickly. I have so much to get done. Training with Martin tomorrow then off to see the "suit lady" to look and hopefully GET a suit. Working on my routine costume, well...sorta...I got the bits and pieces together for the most part, now I just have to put it all together.

I'm having some panicky butterflies in my stomach about it all now and wonder what I'm going to be like the day before the comp. Just remain calm!!! So far I haven't really "lost it" with anyone. I am sorely tempted recently to down a few cookies or a half bottle of wine or some chips or even to eat steak, but I have come sooooo far now and its only a short time left. I can hold off until the end. Hit 126 lbs this week and on a Monday too for the first time ever (weigh and measure day). Posing is coming along, but my music wasn't great, the cuts to shorten it were too obvious so my "man" is re-working it for me, hopefully that will be ready tomorrow.

Today for the first time since the cutting started (Jan 5th, if you will recall) I hit the wall during my training. Actually I got through the training, but when it came to doing the HIIT session for 15 mins, I just couldn't do it. I got on the stationery bike, peddled away for about 2 minutes and my knees and hips ached and barely had the energy to turn the pedals at a low resistance, let alone when I tried to double it and pedal like mad. I did about half a high intensity "moment" and then just stopped. Had enough, kaput, that's it, I'm outta here. It had been, by this time, 4 hours since my last meal so I needed to eat. Hit the steam room which a rarely ever do and it felt marvelous, then headed home, pretty much guilt free about missing the whole HIIT experience today as I have done it every work out despite my despising it for every grueling moment.

Martin tells me that during the last week the cardio is totally cut out HOORAY!!!! Shout it from the roof tops, no more fricken cardio for a whole week! I shoulda, coulda bought a heart rate monitor to see what my HR is during weight training and how much I burn off on that because I am out of breath between sets and then picking up the weight and doing a superset of something else immediately after. That has to burn a lot of calories. I wonder if I could just maintain on that afterwards, no cardio. O.K., I'll probably throw in a bit of moderate steady state cardio, but please no more HIIT, unless I start putting on flab and then its back to the sweating, crying, hating and pedaling. No really.....I'm into it...I got these groovy tunes on the iPod, ya see....nah, you're not buying it are you?

Today was back day and I forgot my exercise log at home, but I did everything I could remember and then some. Still strong as though I wasn't cutting...I thought that waned a bit by this stage. Who knows, I'm better at some things than others and some days are just better than others even when not cutting.

Will fill you in on training with Martin and his latest words about the comp prep as well as how it goes with the "suit lady" tomorrow. OMG what if I don't find one...here's another reason to freak out!

Lets all freak out together now....clutch head, run around in every direction and scream!

Luv ya!
    Brandy
    Brandy

happylife710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know it is bad for me but I can't stop.
    Wishing you have a beautiful life!!!

Originally Posted by happylife710 View Post
    I know it is bad for me but I can't stop.
    Wishing you have a beautiful life!!!
    Thank you so much, it is getting better all the time. A beautiful life to you as well.
    Brandy

Oh best intentions last night, but not so great start to the day...it turned into one of those cluster-f*&% days where everything went wrong. Starting with me sleeping through my alarm so I wasn't up bright and early, didn't get my 1 hour cardio done, totally exhausted despite the extra sleep. Had to grab my stuff and head out the door, get some stuff done before I met up with Martin (more on that in a moment). Then rush home and eat, clean up and head out to meet up with "the suit lady" who is a bit of a drive from me. Just rush, rush, rush all day long.

Anyway, by the time I got to the gym I was ready to punch something, gotta love cardio for quelching that urge. By the time I met Martin I was in a better state though I only got 15 min cardio in. Now the fact that I didn't do my HIIT yesterday is starting to pile up as I had all good intentions of doing extra today to make up for it, but ran out of time everywhere. Martin told me alot of things that will be happening in the final week, stuff he will email me about so I don't forget. Some of the things are:

- I'll be cutting water, and drinking only distilled water, even using it to brush teeth;
    - I'll be taking diaretics (natural ones like dandilion root or something) and potassium which I take now to stop muscle cramps.
    - If you're water depleted during the show it is a good idea to have a small bottle of Gatorade with you so your muscles don't cramp on stage or any time during the day of the show as who knows when the cramping will stop.
    - In the last few days (I don't think its the whole week) I'll eat only carbs, no protein at all (this really surprised me).
    - No cardio, already knew that, but the no cardio means minimum anything, no going for a walk, luckily I don't have a dog. You really want to rest the legs. The reason for this apparently is that your legs take awhile to recover after training them, 6 to 7 days, and look their best with lots of definition after that time. This is why you may see bodybuilders coming on stage taking small steps like they can't bend their knees. I always thought they did that because they didn't want their posing suit to ride up in the back, LOL! Who knew?!
    - Training will be upper body circuit training only...and did I mention no cardio? I can't say that enough....no cardio...music to my ears!

On to the suit lady (that is locally what she is know as "the suit lady") I am renting one because I'm not sure I'll do a show again, though Martin already has his sights set on one for April 17th for me, I'll see how I feel after the first one. Had trouble getting to her place, as the exit off the hwy was closed and then I had to go back for miles and take another exit, ended up an hour late, glad she was still there and friendly too. FOUND a suit!!!! A new one she's made, not finished putting some bling on it, but its never been worn before, it fits well and is a nice colour on me, electric blue metallic fabric with a bit of bling around the edges of the top and bottoms, not over the top glitter. Perfect!!! She's going to finish it up and I'll pick it up next week. Check that off the "to do" list.

Now to hunt down my music guy and see where he is with the re-work of my music. My plans tonight, are to start working on my costume. I was going to do more cardio, still might, but I think that an early bedtime for me would be the best thing in the world. I am totally thrashed.

So the end of the day turned out alright, but man was I a screaming banshi for awhile, luckily I was alone in the car. I don't drive like a maniac, but I came up with a few new terse phrases, because I AM the only one on the road who is not an idiot, apparently. Its funny all the idiots disappeared after I was done with the suit lady and on my way home all happy and everything....those idiots must be able to read minds.

O.k., time to hunt down music man...have an awesome weekend and get some rest, cuz ya know you need it.

Brandy
    Last edited by BrandyTKO; 03-12-2010 at 07:51 PM.
    Brandy

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

HI YA B !!!!!!!!
    yes im back after a bunch of lousty pc issues,
    new pc all cleaned out and new security.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!

will cheack back later in week ,

Originally Posted by BRUTUSPLAC View Post
    HI YA B !!!!!!!!
    yes im back after a bunch of lousty pc issues,
    new pc all cleaned out and new security.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!

will cheack back later in week ,
    Don't PC issues drive you nuts, I get a bit of a panicky feeling when it crashes, sort of like when your car dies in the middle of the freeway...ahhh! Now that I've said that, my car will die this week, just watch...

Glad to see you are back and PC things sorted out.
    Brandy

Met up with Martin, sort of last minute yesterday. Got about an hour's notice, between our emails and me checking them so we trained arms yesterday. I'm getting weaker...sigh...not what I like...shaking my head that I can't lift as much right now, but its all part of the game and I expected it. Sort of surprised that it is this late in the game though, so that's a good thing, I would have figured it would have happened alot earlier. Well in some things it did, but it is making itself very apparent now.

Did the following supersets:

Superset 1 - Bi's:
    - Barbell Curls - 15# x 10; 10# x 10 x 10
    - Seated Bicep Curls - 10# x 12 x 10 x 10
    (with these exercises I needed to do negs at the end of the last few reps, thanks for the assist Martin)

Superset 2 - Tri's:
    - Straight bar Pushdown (on cable) - 70# x 12 x 10, 60# x 10
    - Standing DB Elbow extension (DB lift behind head) - 25# x 12 x 10; 20# x 12;

Superset 3 - Bi's:
    - Concentration Curl with DBs- 15# x 12; 15# x 10 (I love these)
    - Incline Bench Hammer Curl with DBs - 15# x 6 + 12# x 6; 12# x 10

- Superset 4 - Tri's:
    - Seated Dip Machine - 90# x 12 x 12
    - Single Arm Kicback (DB) - 12# x 12 x 12

Then on to Quads and Hams:
    - Quads Leg Raise Machine - 80# x 12 x 12 (pause at top, lower s-l-o-w-l-y...BURN!!!)
    - Hams Leg Curl Machine - 50# x 12 x 12 (went lighter as my ham is hurting, I can opt to do this one leg at a time also, lighter weight of course)

Then abs Supersets - 3 sets of each:
    - Oblique Crunches on Cable - 80# x 25 x 25 x 25
    - Crunch on floor, knees up and bent - 20 x 20 x 20
    - Double Crunch (bring shoulders and knees up at same time) - 25 x 25 x 25
    (this abs routine seems to take a long time to get through it 3 times...ugh...I might as well move into the gym).

Also at the gym....HIIT for 15 min, tan for 10 min, sauna for 15 min - total fricken time in the gym today 3 hours....ridiculous!!!! At home....30 min on treadmill, yes I should have done an hour, planned to add it in later, but it never happened, so bite me...I have things to do.

Suit stuff - got a suit, did I tell you that? I pick it up on Wednesday, I'm renting it, but its new and the lady is putting a few more crystals on it. Its electric blue with some crystals on the edge of the top and bottoms. When I tried it on I couldn't believe how great it looked, and I didn't want to cringe and hide when I saw myself in it.

Things are looking tighter all over, funny how being in shape makes taking pics easier, you're not taking 100 of them and deleting 90% of them. Now its shorter to take a few and be done with it because there isn't a big blob of fat hanging out some where...

Posing is coming along, music is done and a copy in the hands of my posing / routine coach. I have got to get my costume done, doing a "woman of Sparta / warrior" kind of thing. Fabric is black with subtle gold sheen to it, sort of bronze looking. Will do a drapey Roman look for it. My coach wants me to have a sword, gotta find one, kids toys I suppose.

This week, more training and cardio, hair cut/fix, next week nails, tanning, getting stuff organized, tons of practice for routine, posing and tan paint application, not looking forward to that.

I'll post another blog on the diet plans for next week.

So much to do, so little time....ahhhh.... keep smiling....haven't lost it with anyone yet, though I'm super tired these last few days.

B
    Last edited by BrandyTKO; 03-16-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    Brandy

On to diet plans for next week, wow, its confusing as hell for a first timer...I guess once you've done it a few times you know what to do. Also training changes, I told you that before...as of Tuesday no cardio (this helps with the carb load), upper body workouts only and light and fast circuit style (includes abs). YESSS! I'll finally have a few more free hours in the day to get everything else done in my little world.

Diet changes:
    - Carb deplete at the beginning of the week, increasing to carb load at the end of the week. So normally I take 200 gr. of carb per meal (not snacks, those are low carb protein shakes). I will start out with 60 gr of carb per meal and by the end of the week I'll be up to 300 gr of carb per meal. On the days where carbs are lower I take in more protein, but not a ton, because of the higher calorie content of protein. By Thurs. protein is totally gone and I'm just on carbs, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, a few green veg. Oh boy this sounds great!!!

- Monday I start drinking distilled water, use it for cooking, brushing teeth, everything (well not bathing, that would get expensive). Thurs. I start to water deplete so taking in only 4 oz. with every meal, max 2 litre on Thurs and 1 litre or less on Fri.

- Thurs. cut out MCT Oil and add equal number calories in carbs

- Use natural diuretic - dandilion root?

- Load Potassium pills starting Weds, this helps the body shed water, boy does that work. I was freaking last week because I didn't lose weight, my trainer said take potassium and I ran out and bought some, took one and the next day I was down 2 lbs. HUGE sigh of relief.

- Morning of the show I have oatmeal with honey (no eggs, hurray!) and a Snickers bar 30 min before going on stage to fill the muscle. I LOVE THIS DAY!!! Chocolate, honey, later...wine...pizza....just gotta get past the whole stage thing...LOL, I'll be fine...I think....yeah, I will.

Talk at ya later, have a great week!

Brandy
    Last edited by BrandyTKO; 03-16-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Brandy

blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000) blsmith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Love how you are so detailed in showing us what your prep is like! Thank you for that Brandy!

Hope you have a fabulous week!

Now a CanFitPro and NSCA certified personal trainer specializing in helping the obese. Lost over 70 pounds myself...

Goals working on: Triathlon, Putting together "Days Of Inspiration" (www.********.com/groups/daysofinspiration)

Originally Posted by blsmith View Post
    Love how you are so detailed in showing us what your prep is like! Thank you for that Brandy!

Hope you have a fabulous week!
    I'm into details! Gonna check out your journal blog. Have a great weekend.
    Brandy

Well, all I can say is Holy S*&t!!! I picked up my posing suit yesterday, with more crystals added to it and finished. Came home and tried it on with shoes and hit a pose and well....Holy S*&t! I think I'm ready! Skin on abs is tightening up a bit, seem to have some stomach issues going on right now, hard and crampy, I switched fat burners and it is the only thing I can attribute to the problem, everything else in my diet is woefully the same...the same, the same (but not for long, ha ha!). Despite the stomach cramp / hardness problem all is looking pretty good. Dang that suit is small though. I'm gonna be going through a whole lotta glue to stick that down so it doesn't slip around.

Working on costume for routine still, nearly done, gotta pick up some bits and pieces today and then meet my coach on the weekend to learn the routine...yes we have yet to start that, so I've got a full week of practice ahead. Can't believe I'm down to the final week.

OMG I did my walk outside this morning and it was soooo beautiful out, a bit of frost on the ground and chill in the air, but clear sky and sun, little robins, crows everywhere, getting their breakfast, finding twigs for their nests, chasing each other around in a aerial ballet. Pussy willows and blossoms on the trees and blossoms on the ground, snow on the mountains (finally). Glorious! I just LOVE mornings like that, I feel so alive. Thanks to God for days like this and for my health and all my wonderful friends here.

Off to see Martin right NOW, so I gotta fly. Probably our last training day together before the show. He's going to take some pics of my poses today as well so I can see (especially the back) and make adjustments. Trying out different things with leg positioning in heels, I think I've figured out what looks best on that.

Wait til my husband sees me in the posing suit, he'd gonna freak! Yepper, its pretty tiny, but its also soooo HOT! I'll post a pic of it either this week or from the show.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and enjoy and appreciate what you have!

Geez, aren't I all gushy today!

Brandy
    Brandy

XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your doing great Brandy, were all still supporting you!!

Originally Posted by XxLadyLuckxX View Post
    Your doing great Brandy, were all still supporting you!!
    Thanks so much. Sorry I haven't posted much here lately, just waaayyy too much on the plate. Things I haven't done...done up my measurements, food journal and progress pictures for my trainer for last week, or pictures for the previous week for that matter...still finishing costume for routine round, still trying to learn routine, still haven't written down food journal for yesterday or today...does it really matter at this point? Maybe for my future records...

Hope you have a great day and thanks again for your words of encouragement. Will post pics and hopefully some video after the comp! God, is there a supplement to get rid of stomach butterflies?
    Brandy

firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10) firmgrrrl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just found this journal!!!!

I have a figure comp. in August, so I love that you give all of the details! I figure, the more I know, the better! haha!

You're doing awesome! It's so exciting to hear about everything that you're doing! Please post pics! I gotta see that suit! It sounds beautiful!

Originally Posted by firmgrrrl View Post
    Just found this journal!!!!

I have a figure comp. in August, so I love that you give all of the details! I figure, the more I know, the better! haha!

You're doing awesome! It's so exciting to hear about everything that you're doing! Please post pics! I gotta see that suit! It sounds beautiful!

How exciting! This will be your first competition I presume...its a really exciting time. Not sure what I'll do after this one, besides rest on my laurels a bit, but it has been a fantastic journey so far! Post a journal so we can keep track, would love to read of your thoughts and experience of the process. Best of luck to you.
    Brandy

Home stretch now!!! How are you feeling Brandy? I'll be cheering my loudest so you can hear me all the way from Toronto! Rock that stage!!!

WOOO HOOO!!!! Nearly there! No more cardio (Sunday was the last day), no more training as of today! Two more days and I can have a glass of wine (probably only one and then I'll be totally tanked) and some pizza and icecream if I want! FREEDOM! Don't get me wrong though, the big challenge and focus has been part of getting to the competition stage and I did it willingly and with great determination. You have to realize that in order to succeed in your goals you have to stick with it and not cave in. Just like anything else in life I suppose.

Starting water deplete today and carbing up as well. Yesterday I practiced my routine at home for about 1.5 hours and then met my coach for 2 hours last night, by 10 p.m. when we finished, in my 3rd day of carb deplete, my brain was fried. I could barely remember where I was. Yesterday was the lowest carb day of all though so I had serious troubles focusing.

Today I start to water deplete, so instead of the usual gallon (4 liters), I will drink half a gallon, then tomorrow one quart (1 liter), that will seem weird, only allowed 4 oz of water with meals. The theory behind this is that your body is used to taking in a gallon a day (yes, keep drinking your water while you read this, there's a real reason for it and not just a trainers way of seeing how much he can torture you and your bladder), once you start to water deplete, your body still tries to flush out water as though you have been drinking the full gallon, so you are still losing more fluid than you take in. Gets you nice and uber lean for the stage.

Today I look like a scrawny chicken, as I carb up my muscles will fill out and with less water I'll look totally ripped. So one hopes....if the night before the show you look like you are holding water, then you can go into a sauna for a few minutes and you'll sweat it out. Luckily we have one at the gym.

Practiced my routine in my head all night the other day, had it nailed down in the real practice too, then my coach added a few new moves. I have to practice for a couple of hours today, then meet up with her tonight to do a last run through. She's going to drag an audience together at my gym, great, I really have to nail this! It will probably only be staff, hopefully not members who think "WTF is this all about, I've seen this chick in the gym, now I know, she's a complete wing-nut, stay away from her!" Then for the next few years I get all these strange looks (oh, like I don't already) and snickers from the other members.

Today, exfoliate, hair removal (oh I'm keeping the hair on my head...nuff said) and tan application, probably do that twice today and then once tomorrow...and finish the f*%king costume for the routine, damn it (almost done).

Tomorrow, more posing / routine practice (on my own), get nails done, then off to registration and athletes meeting for the comp. at 5:00 out in the sticks somewhere, have to leave early to get through Friday rush hour which starts at about 2:30 here for some reason (its the stock market, seriously, we keep time with the East coast, so our markets open at 6:00 a.m. and close at 2:00, hence the 2:30 rush hour start).

Have a fantabulous weekend! I will post pics and hopefully video on my profile here!

Brandy
    Last edited by BrandyTKO; 03-25-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Brandy

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BrandyTKO View Post
    WOOO HOOO!!!! Nearly there! No more cardio (Sunday was the last day), no more training as of today! Two more days and I can have a glass of wine (probably only one and then I'll be totally tanked) and some pizza and icecream if I want! FREEDOM! Don't get me wrong though, the big challenge and focus has been part of getting to the competition stage and I did it willingly and with great determination. You have to realize that in order to succeed in your goals you have to stick with it and not cave in. Just like anything else in life I suppose.

Starting water deplete today and carbing up as well. Yesterday I practiced my routine at home for about 1.5 hours and then met my coach for 2 hours last night, by 10 p.m. when we finished, in my 3rd day of carb deplete, my brain was fried. I could barely remember where I was. Yesterday was the lowest carb day of all though so I had serious troubles focusing.

Today I start to water deplete, so instead of the usual gallon (4 liters), I will drink half a gallon, then tomorrow one quart (1 liter), that will seem weird, only allowed 4 oz of water with meals. The theory behind this is that your body is used to taking in a gallon a day (yes, keep drinking your water while you read this, there's a real reason for it and not just a trainers way of seeing how much he can torture you and your bladder), once you start to water deplete, your body still tries to flush out water as though you have been drinking the full gallon, so you are still losing more fluid than you take in. Gets you nice and uber lean for the stage.

Today I look like a scrawny chicken, as I carb up my muscles will fill out and with less water I'll look totally ripped. So one hopes....if the night before the show you look like you are holding water, then you can go into a sauna for a few minutes and you'll sweat it out. Luckily we have one at the gym.

Practiced my routine in my head all night the other day, had it nailed down in the real practice too, then my coach added a few new moves. I have to practice for a couple of hours today, then meet up with her tonight to do a last run through. She's going to drag an audience together at my gym, great, I really have to nail this! It will probably only be staff, hopefully not members who think "WTF is this all about, I've seen this chick in the gym, now I know, she's a complete wing-nut, stay away from her!" Then for the next few years I get all these strange looks (oh, like I don't already) and snickers from the other members.

Today, exfoliate, hair removal (oh I'm keeping the hair on my head...nuff said) and tan application, probably do that twice today and then once tomorrow...and finish the f*%king costume for the routine, damn it (almost done).

Tomorrow, more posing / routine practice (on my own), get nails done, then off to registration and athletes meeting for the comp. at 5:00 out in the sticks somewhere, have to leave early to get through Friday rush hour which starts at about 2:30 here for some reason (its the stock market, seriously, we keep time with the East coast, so our markets open at 6:00 a.m. and close at 2:00, hence the 2:30 rush hour start).

Have a fantabulous weekend! I will post pics and hopefully video on my profile here!

Brandy

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY IT , donty sweat it , have fun and smile the best yuo can !!!!!!!!!!

peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

suzyqque has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Brandy, I am sitting here breathless and cant wait for you to let us know how you do! I wish I had found your thread sooner, I am so inspired! Leg press 540 wow and I was feeling good about pressing my body weight. Okay hurry with the competition pics!

Originally Posted by suzyqque View Post
    Hi Brandy, I am sitting here breathless and cant wait for you to let us know how you do! I wish I had found your thread sooner, I am so inspired! Leg press 540 wow and I was feeling good about pressing my body weight. Okay hurry with the competition pics!

Glad you found me! Its never to late to make changes, and it seems at least for me that there is always work to be done, things to change. Best of luck in your goals, looks like you have been working HARD! Are you planning on competing?
    Brandy

WOW what a ride, what a fricken' crazy ride!!! Headed out to the area where my competition in Friday afternoon, in rush hour traffic, of course. We (dedicated husband and I) decided to stay out at the host hotel rather than driving out for the Registration and Athletes Meeting Friday night and then coming back again in the morning, that would have had me totally freaked out. So my husband was saying to me that he felt so dirty, staying in a cheap hotel out in the middle of nowhere, drinking a beer and painting a woman as he helped my apply my Pro-Tan. Yes we live a sordid life, us competitors, o.k. its out, I'll probably be blacklisted in the competitor world for telling the truth...and the really nasty secret is we drag our friends, spouses and significant others into it with us, its all a downward spiral from here for the health nuts of the world....o.k...back to me....

Did the registration, athletes meeting and attended a clinic where we got a little coaching from one the judges on walking on, stage presence, getting into poses, that was probably well worth the time. The guy was awesome and it really helped me on stage I took what I learned from that clinic and used it.

Up at 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning to finish my damned costume. At Martin's request I ate some oatmeal with raisins and honey in it for breakfast, had only sips of water. Then I got my face on and hair fixed up and was ready to go. Of course we couldn't find the theatre where the show was and finally my trainer called to see if I was there, and gave us directions. I was now running late of course and ran back stage to the dressing area with Martin, grabbed my suit and threw it on in the bathroom and then stood in the hallway by the ladies dressing room (well, Martin could hardly go in there to help me now could he) as Martin slathered Dreamtan goop all over me and we listened to an organizer give us last minute instructions. God that Dreamtan stuff feels gross. You know if they put sparkles in axle grease I think that would be the same stuff. At least it doesn't stink. Makes you even darker, hides a hell of alot of imperfections (lets just say the waxing didn't go so well...) and give a nice golden sheen, looks real purdy.

Whole package together, suit, tan, dreamtan, shoes, face and hair done, looked awesome if I do say so myself, I was really happy. The tummy had a few crinkles of loose skin, but the water deplete helped that pretty well and the Dream tan too, it is what it is, I didn't bad about it. Forgot to bring my potassium pills which helps the body flush out the water and prevent muscle cramps, but weight on stage day was 123 lbs (right about where I had planned to be, fricken' fantastic).

There were 3 women in bodybuilding, myself included, and all my age group so I was really pleased. There were a lot of women and a lot of categories, figure, fitness model, bikini model, and mens's bodybuilding, muscle model, fitness model, etc. Lots more guys this show, when I went to the October show there were only 3 guys, this time more like 20. Yay guys, way to rep!!! The night before at the clinic I was told that bodybuilding for women would NOT, I repeat NOT be in heels, WTF? and WHEW! at the same time. There were some rounds where we had to wear shoes, at one point we had to walk on with all the other girls wearing the shoes, so I'm glad I had them. I'm told that FAME is thinking of phasing out women's bodybuilding, leaving that for other leagues I guess, just not enough in the category.

The FANTASTIC part is....drumroll.......I came in second in Women's Bodybuilding Posing, not sure what that means, I guess I did well at posing, but there were no other awards given to women's bodybuilding so I guess I came in second. Martin was really happy, me too of course. I'm thrilled beyond belief frankly. My routine went fairly well, minor screw ups that only me and my posing / routine coach would know, she was thrilled with the routine anyway. I did even better in the evening show as I was much more relaxed and feeling more confident. I even saw a few of the judges madly clapping when I hit some of my poses in the routine. Hopefully I will be able to post the video of that here along with some pics. My husband didn't get the greatest pictures, but a few of my friends did, as well as Martin, so they have all said they will pass pics along and I'll post them a.s.a.p. Keep your eyes peeled for pics yet to be posted on FAME's website:

http://www.bodyproud.org/profile/FAMEworldtour

I'm the one in an electric blue suit with crystals on it and blond hair in an "up-do" (yes its blonder now). Not sure why they bother with age categories...Masters, Grandmasters, seeing as they didn't do any awards for the separate categories. Oh there was one guy there who got an award for his age category Super Grandmasters, he is 76 looks amazing and deserves huge respect for getting on the stage and all the work he's put into being in amazing shape.

Between shows, I ate and had a nap I was sooo tired, after the show I missed out on the "after party" as so many of our friends drove all that way to see the show and I wanted to be with them so we went and had drinks and pizza (ahhhh life is good) at the hotel. Let me tell you water depletion and no drinking for 3 months does a number on you when you decide to have a glass of wine, I was hammered after 3 sips...cheap date, I did have more than one glass though, why not, then woke up SUPER thirsty this morning.

My routine was based on the movie "300", I was a "woman of Sparta" with my sword, as if... and so my posing coach gave me a little treat bag after the show which included some tea called "Goddess Goodness" (has chocolate shavings and rose hips and raspberry in it, mmmmm) and also in the goody bag were two "spartan" apples, LOL! That was sooo funny and clever, Just LOVED it!!!! I gotta take a picture of it.... Another friend gave me a huge chocolate chip cookie that had icing on it with the words "Congratulations...you did it!" on it, I'd take a picture of it, but I already ate some of it.

Well, that was a pretty trippy day, I was so tired at the end I don't remember hitting the pillow, and tired but elated today, and sore from all the posing, arg! Coming off the stage after my routine I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest like that critter from "Alien", my adrenaline was pumping so hard, I was still shaking and heart pounding for about 15 minutes afterwards, even after the night show, such a rush!

I'll probably have more to say on this in the next few days, but I've gone on for ages here.

If you are thinking of competing, DO IT, its a great way to give yourself a goal to reach. Just getting on the stage with the other competitors would have been good enough for me, the whole experience is such a rush and a reward at the same time, and I am so grateful for the army of people it seems to have taken to get JUST me up there, let alone all the other people in the background and competitors on the stage. An awesome, awesome group of people. All so positive and all of the same mindset, it is a joy to be amongst them. Like I said before, if you are thinking about it, even a tiny bit, DO IT it is totally worth it!

Happy Sunday! Time to rest...

Brandy
    Last edited by BrandyTKO; 03-28-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Brandy

Thumbs up

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done and congratulations! Soooo proud of you!

XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxLadyLuckxX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yay for you! Thanks for sharing :-)

Originally Posted by XxLadyLuckxX View Post
    Yay for you! Thanks for sharing :-)
    Thanks for reading along!
    Brandy

So I have a few post competition thoughts running through my head that I thought I'd share with y'all:

1. I have finally got my energy back, not sure why it takes so much out of everyone after a show, but I understand its very normal. 3 days later I finally feel normal enough to do some cardio for the first time since last week. My husband suggested that it is adreneline that hasn't been totally burned off and makes you tired out. I suppose, so many people I have talked to that were in that show are having the same thing and say it happens every time.

2. Started to work out again on Monday and Tuesday, really just dragging myself through the motions. Today I did legs day and 30 mins cardio feeling more energetic, but nixed the extra 30 mins cardio and the HIIT after my weight training, still a little bit on the weak side, but getting more energy and just as strong on some things, while no so much on others. It will all come back eventually.

3. I feel that the carb deplete made me lose muscle. The two women who were in the bodybuilding category with me also felt the same about the carb deplete although they did that for 3 weeks instead of 3 days, so they would be getting into ketosis (not a good thing) and likely losing muscle. Martin says its probably fat loss more than anything and also followed immediately with diuretics and water depletion, looked a hell of a lot thinner on comp day that's for sure.

4. I've gained 5 lbs since Saturday, but again, I'm not on diuretics and I am not water depleting so it could be water back in my system as well as a few tasty treats thrown in to the mix. Nothing I can't handle. Trying to carb deplete today and tomorrow then enjoy the Easter weekend and the treats the Easter bunny brings, not to mention delicious holiday feast! Then back on track next week. I ended up at 123 lbs on show day as I may have mentioned. I would be happy to sit at 130 lbs on a regular non-competing basis. However there are a few issues I currently have with that (see further down).

5. I said to someone yesterday, now I'm not sure what to do next, and that person said next time "first place"! YES! Absolutely right, that is what I will do aim for first place. I was aimed for that anyway with this comp, why enter if your not focused on winning it right, still thrilled and overwhelmed with the placing I got (2nd), I can't stop smiling.

6. I'm not going to do this other competition on April 17th, too much too soon and I really have to take some time to focus on work and issues at home (my oldest son is moving out on his own and I need to help him get organized, not to mention the post move chaos around here). Was being a brave mom about the whole thing then started to choke up a bit as I listened to a little song on my iPod (Bella by Angus and Julia Stone - a song about a little girl, but words applied to a boy have as much meaning) while on the stationery bike at the gym today, happened twice, I finally had to change the song to stop blubbering and tears welling up. My baby boy is grown up and leaving the nest, my first born. So fast, wow!

7. Saw Martin today, he was asking about my plans for future comps, so I told him not this one in April, maybe some during May, June, July, but I'm not travelling for them so they'd have to be local, he's keeping his eyes open. There is one in July here, might to that, Western Naturals or something like that. Then I talked to my husband about the possibility of doing the FAME Worlds one in Vegas in November, we'll see, he thinks that would be great, I'm thinking you have no idea how close that is to Christmas and how much it will cost. We'll see.

8. Issues I have on gaining weight. I was pretty happy with the way I came out on stage on comp day, abs looked lean, no flab, loose skin on them pretty much disappeared or at least enough that you couldn't tell from the judges position and with the dark tan crap all over it really hid any flaws and then there is my new best friend "bikini bite" which glued a few things into place, smoothed things out a bit. HOWEVER....having said that, my goal was to have very defined abs and while there were some abs showing, not super defined, not like the winner of my category who came out leaner than I did and showed some decent abs. Sooo...the pursuit of stellar abs is still in the works, I'm not ready to go back to 130 lbs just yet, will continue to diet down, get my cardio in, switch up my weight training routines and sock it to them abs! They are going to come out come hell or high water. I think if I had hit 120 lb for the show it would have been better. I know only 3 lbs less, but at that low a weight it makes a lot of difference. I have no idea what my body fat percentage was for that show, but as far as I'm concerned it wasn't low enough. Yes the bodybuilding, fitness, figure world is a world of never ending strive for perfection, and we are NEVER perfect enough, there is always someone better out there and if you want to be better than them, beat them, you have to work your ass off and hope they don't, and then you'll meet the next better person at the next show and it goes on and on....are we all nuts?! Probably.

O.k. that's my rant de jour. My husband didn't want me to take the posing suit back today, he loves it, but I said I'd have it back before the weekend, so its gone home now. I took lots of pics of it (on a table, front and back, all the details) for my own records. Loved it, what a beautiful suit. Ahhh!

Have a great long weekend! Hope the Easter bunny is nice to you, but don't over do it! Oh hell don't listen to me, I'm going to have a few chocolate thingy's this weekend. Back on the horse next week.

Brandy
    Brandy

Was up 5 lbs now down 2 lbs. Ate few chocolate eggs last night (oops, someone got into the bag of treats for the boys), took potassium before bed (2 tablets) wow, does that stuff make me drop weight over night, I suppose it flushes water out of your system. I was totally expecting to be up on the scale from yesterday, but was surprised I was down instead. Good thing. So much for my plan of carb deplete yesterday, I get tired and then I cave in to the cravings. I'm a sugar addict, once I start I don't stop. Wish I never started, now I have to spend the next few days in chocolate withdrawals. I'll save the treats for easter, besides I don't want to have to buy more, it costs a fortune as it is. Last year was the first year I didn't hide easter eggs, my youngest son is 17... I like to make them smile what can I say. This year my oldest boy will come over for Easter dinner and treats of course (seems weird). He moves out on his own today and then comes over 3 days later, enough, be gone! Kidding, I'm so glad he's coming over, warms my heart.
    Brandy

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast