Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dave or any other cook brahs... Do you have an awesome Beef Shortrib recipe?

Thinking of bringing some home from work this weekend to cook. Will take some other pictures of NZ export quality meat at work tomorrow to give you guys ideas.

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I made some like 1-2 pages back.

Registered BIG BALLER WeekndOrNah's Avatar
    WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pumpinmirin View Post
    Dave or any other cook brahs... Do you have an awesome Beef Shortrib recipe?

Thinking of bringing some home from work this weekend to cook. Will take some other pictures of NZ export quality meat at work tomorrow to give you guys ideas.
    http://mondodinner.com/2011/08/brais...thomas-keller/

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    In on a Dave P food thread. Good stuff Dave
    subbed
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by evobrahh View Post
    i was actually drunk as fuk. i meant all this product that youre buying is pretty damn expensive and not easy to prep

Its actually not very expensive NOW.

Getting to this point is really hard, but once you're all set up you don't spend much. Its funny because alot of the time I'll look at a recipe with a pen and paper trying to write down what I need to buy at the store to make it, then by the end its usually just "This type of meat" because I have my pantry pretty much stocked with every spice/sauce/seasoning/tool/whatever you can think of.

Originally Posted by evobrahh View Post
    I go through 4 of these every friday at the restaurant i work at. pretty crazy to think about all the money you cut into

Yea it is. I'm always trying to find deals and whatnot, its why I've started going for the super upper-grade Chuck meat over Ribeye/NY strip type meats, especially when its more people than just me and my girl.

Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    Its actually not very expensive NOW.

Getting to this point is really hard, but once you're all set up you don't spend much. Its funny because alot of the time I'll look at a recipe with a pen and paper trying to write down what I need to buy at the store to make it, then by the end its usually just "This type of meat" because I have my pantry pretty much stocked with every spice/sauce/seasoning/tool/whatever you can think of.

Yea it is. I'm always trying to find deals and whatnot, its why I've started going for the super upper-grade Chuck meat over Ribeye/NY strip type meats, especially when its more people than just me and my girl.
    chuck-eyes and Pin-bones are your friend. The Chuck eye is like the first three inches of the chuck roast that butts up to the ribeye. its not as aesthetic and most people don't know about it so its usually discounted heavily (it goes for 6.49/lb at my store) same with pin-bones they butt up to the strip. Only problem with pinbones is the piece of cartilage that usually runs on the outside of the strip runs into the inside of it. But if you're sous vide-n for a couple hours it should render it pretty tender. Also if you haven't tried it, Flat Iron steaks are my favorite cut of beef, almost as tender as filet, but has a more chuck-y taste to it.
    Dude.....no

Went on a cookbook torrent splurge today. Been wanting a couple books but they are so stupid expensive...then I was like herp derp, internet, can get them for free.

WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeekndOrNah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thomas Keller is the GOAT American chef. Pretty much every recipe I posted on here, including the peach salad recipe (brines, short ribs, etc) is from Ad Hoc. Give Ad Hoc a serious read through, it's full of tips/tricks that even chefbrahs will appreciate and find useful. Ad Hoc IMO fits in with you (and everyone else) perfectly
    Under Pressure looks like it's perfect for your sous vide boner.
    French Laundry cookbook is much more refined recipes and techniques... classic fine dining 3 michelin star French cuisine. Might be a bit above a home cook's means.

Originally Posted by Jerma View Post
    chuck-eyes and Pin-bones are your friend. The Chuck eye is like the first three inches of the chuck roast that butts up to the ribeye. its not as aesthetic and most people don't know about it so its usually discounted heavily (it goes for 6.49/lb at my store) same with pin-bones they butt up to the strip. Only problem with pinbones is the piece of cartilage that usually runs on the outside of the strip runs into the inside of it. But if you're sous vide-n for a couple hours it should render it pretty tender. Also if you haven't tried it, Flat Iron steaks are my favorite cut of beef, almost as tender as filet, but has a more chuck-y taste to it.
    Flat Iron is GOAT crew. The only steak I buy and it works for any occasion. Just as tender as the most expensive steaks I've tried if you don't phuck it up.
    Steak and Frites sandwiches = GOAT

eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there any brand or set of knives you bruhs recommend?

Have a set of poverty knives that barely cuts through onions.
    Last edited by eLjay28; 08-10-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Maybe learn how to properly sharpen (I don't know how.....yet....)

Saw a video where a guy turns antique butter knives he buys at yards sales into steak knives.

Originally Posted by eLjay28 View Post
    I there any brand or set of knives you bruhs recommend?

Have a set of poverty knives that barely cuts through onions.
    http://www.amazon.com/Tojiro-DP-Gyut...ojiro+dp+gyuto

This is what I have. My knife is the sharpest and best one in my kitchen... aside from my exec's brand new Wusthof.
    Works for any purpose, light as fuk, sexy as fuk. Sharp as fuk when I resharpen it with my stone. I can drop a cucumber or tomato slice on it (blade facing up) and it'll cut right through the vegetable slice.

Depends on your preference though. Western/German vs. Japanese, Gyuto vs Santoku, Chef's Knife length vs. any other length

I don't like Western/German knifes (Wusthofs included) because there is an unsharpened section at the handle end of the blade. Drives me nuts.
    Maybe learn how to properly sharpen (I don't know how.....yet....)

Saw a video where a guy turns antique butter knives he buys at yards sales into steak knives.
    1. Buy one of these
    http://www.amazon.com/King-Sided-Sha...king+whetstone

2. Watch a youtube video on technique. Basically slight angle and just go back and forth on the stone while keeping the stone/knife wet.

3. Sharp as **** knife. Realistically you can make any knife sharp as fuk with a stone, but a good knife will hold its edge better.

I take my knife to a stone about once a month to keep it sharp. I hone it with a steel multiple times a week though.
    I found my knife jagged with knicks and chips in the blade and I ground it back down to a perfect edge with the aforementioned stone. It used to cut like a serrated knife on meat (gets caught and "sticks" and ****), now I can slice through veggies and paper without any effort.

Yea the french laundry book is definitely a compendium of inspiration but not realistic

eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eLjay28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WeekndOrNah View Post

This is what I have. My knife is the sharpest and best one in my kitchen... aside from my exec's brand new Wusthof.
    Works for any purpose, light as fuk, sexy as fuk. Sharp as fuk when I resharpen it with my stone. I can drop a cucumber or tomato slice on it (blade facing up) and it'll cut right through the vegetable slice.

Depends on your preference though. Western/German vs. Japanese, Gyuto vs Santoku, Chef's Knife length vs. any other length

I don't like Western/German knifes (Wusthofs included) because there is an unsharpened section at the handle end of the blade. Drives me nuts.

No preferences I'm a noob as far as cooking recently starting trying different foods out but I'll be picking up that knife up after this move. Going to treat myself to a ton of kitchen supplies and make my kitchen official. I only have poverty supplies that I got from walmart when I was a freshman.

Nothing is more relaxing to me than a couple brews or some good liquor while cooking so it'll be well worth the treat.

ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea the french laundry book is definitely a compendium of inspiration but not realistic
    lol this, sister has the Bouchon pastry recipe book and the ingredients for the recipes are literally impossible to find and the finesse required is at the level of a pro chef. at that point it is probably easier and cheaper just to purchase the goods from the bakery. Also reading a few pages back can confirm Ad Hoc has the best fried chicken I have had. Also Dave P if you hit up Marukai in Cupertino (not sure how far you are from there) you can find A5 for a fairly cheap price. Down here in LA it was .6 lbs for about $40 and it looked to be A5 grade.
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

An ankle wrap in my Avi not a sock

Can you buy it at alexanders in Cupertino?

I always notice the area in the front that LOOKS like a butcher shop but not sure if it's for sale.

Alexanders is my favorite in the bay atm for steak

Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

1. Buy one of these
    http://www.amazon.com/King-Sided-Sha...king+whetstone

2. Watch a youtube video on technique. Basically slight angle and just go back and forth on the stone while keeping the stone/knife wet.

3. Sharp as **** knife. Realistically you can make any knife sharp as fuk with a stone, but a good knife will hold its edge better.

I take my knife to a stone about once a month to keep it sharp. I hone it with a steel multiple times a week though.
    I found my knife jagged with knicks and chips in the blade and I ground it back down to a perfect edge with the aforementioned stone. It used to cut like a serrated knife on meat (gets caught and "sticks" and ****), now I can slice through veggies and paper without any effort.
    was expecting you to post a overpriced as fuark knife, and was gonna cringe IF you give the say so I may give it a try currently Im working with this:

and one of those cheap commercial butcher knives I stole from work sharp as fuark tho
    Dude.....no

You brahs should figure out which type of knife cuts you tend to use before selecting a knife.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/d...nife-cuts.html

I slice more than I chop, and I back slice a LOT (sometimes I call it point slicing because I use the point of my knife) so Gyutos are perfect for me.

I hate Santokus. Too small/short, not a fan of the tip. Good for chopping, bad for slicing (IMO).

The one thing I do like about Western knives is the curvature for rock-chopping, but I've eliminated that from my repertoire, even though I have a (very sharp) Western chef's knife ($15 Chicago Cutlery) for home use.

I have a Victorinox paring knife that I pretty much never use. Break down chicken thighs and legs quarters once every few months, and cut boxes open when I try to find a use for it.

@Jerma--I've been wanting to buy an expensive Japanese Damascus knife with a traditional handle, especially since my Tojiro Gyuto has taken a beating (I've ground down a ton of chips, the tip is broken off, I just chipped off a piece of the handle this weekend). At the end of the day, a decent quality knife with a good stone and proper care will usually be just as good as a $300 knife.
    Whenever I get unhappy with my knife, I spend 15 min on the whetstone with it and cut through a few sheets of paper and then I fall back in love with it. Broken tip and all.

Originally Posted by ilykejordans View Post
    lol this, sister has the Bouchon pastry recipe book and the ingredients for the recipes are literally impossible to find and the finesse required is at the level of a pro chef. at that point it is probably easier and cheaper just to purchase the goods from the bakery. Also reading a few pages back can confirm Ad Hoc has the best fried chicken I have had. Also Dave P if you hit up Marukai in Cupertino (not sure how far you are from there) you can find A5 for a fairly cheap price. Down here in LA it was .6 lbs for about $40 and it looked to be A5 grade.
    Brining chicken takes it to another level. It's unreal. Every bite is ridiculously juicy, with a lemon-herbal flavor. My coworkers know food, and they all agreed TK's fried chicken (and brine) is the GOAT.
    Last edited by WeekndOrNah; 08-10-2015 at 11:42 PM.

ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can you buy it at alexanders in Cupertino?

I always notice the area in the front that LOOKS like a butcher shop but not sure if it's for sale.

Alexanders is my favorite in the bay atm for steak
    hmm not sure tbh but on the topic of Alexanders though one just opened here in Pasadena, which i plan on trying soon
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

An ankle wrap in my Avi not a sock

These are mine. Bought em because they looked clean 2 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mobile/dp/...tag=your_order

From what I read I know I'll be slicing a lot because my diet is mostly chicken/steak/ribs etc.

But I know I need a decent knife for the herbs/veggies to take the cooking to the next level. So I'll pick up the one you suggested. Is there any knives you recommend for meat cutting?

How are those knives treating you Dave

From what I read I know I'll be slicing a lot because my diet is mostly chicken/steak/ribs etc.

But I know I need a decent knife for the herbs/veggies to take the cooking to the next level. So I'll pick up the one you suggested. Is there any knives you recommend for meat cutting?

How are those knives treating you Dave
    What kind of meat cutting are you doing? If you're breaking down giant hunks of meat like from Costco, then maybe a butcher's knife would be nice.
    If you're only cutting meat for meals... regular chef's knife. Santoku/Gyuto/Western, your preference.

If you're going to be chopping bones, I would get a cheap Western knife instead of a chef's AND a cleaver. I have THIS, which happens to be my at-home knife that I occasionally use as a machete (dead srs). Good heft/weight behind it, and Western steel is less prone to chipping than Japanese steel. I've hacked away at some decently thick branches and sliced my way through heavy weeds with it.
    If you chop more than slice, I recommend this due to its weight. (and the fact that I tend to chop more with this knife)

My personal recommendation: Tojiro DP Gyuto, as posted earlier. Cheap, sharp as fuk, great beginner's knife. Take care of it and it'll be the only knife you need.
    I can lop off the ends of an entire bunch of celery or asparagus with one fell swoop and a "Hi-yah!"
    Had to cut cucumber slices on the fly one night during service and I did it mid-air, no cutting board. Regularly chiffonade and fine chop herbs just fine without bruising.
    Last edited by WeekndOrNah; 08-11-2015 at 12:13 AM.

You brahs should figure out which type of knife cuts you tend to use before selecting a knife.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/d...nife-cuts.html

I slice more than I chop, and I back slice a LOT (sometimes I call it point slicing because I use the point of my knife) so Gyutos are perfect for me.

I hate Santokus. Too small/short, not a fan of the tip. Good for chopping, bad for slicing (IMO).

The one thing I do like about Western knives is the curvature for rock-chopping, but I've eliminated that from my repertoire, even though I have a (very sharp) Western chef's knife ($15 Chicago Cutlery) for home use.

I have a Victorinox paring knife that I pretty much never use. Break down chicken thighs and legs quarters once every few months, and cut boxes open when I try to find a use for it.

@Jerma--I've been wanting to buy an expensive Japanese Damascus knife with a traditional handle, especially since my Tojiro Gyuto has taken a beating (I've ground down a ton of chips, the tip is broken off, I just chipped off a piece of the handle this weekend). At the end of the day, a decent quality knife with a good stone and proper care will usually be just as good as a $300 knife.
    Whenever I get unhappy with my knife, I spend 15 min on the whetstone with it and cut through a few sheets of paper and then I fall back in love with it. Broken tip and all.

I grew up using a standard chefs knife so i rock chop constantly I tap chop certain veggies, so santoku works for me tho I do spend most of my day slicing meat with a boning knife since its my job. But in the home kitchen I find rock chopping to be the fastest way for me to chop **** fast
    Dude.....no

What kind of meat cutting are you doing? If you're breaking down giant hunks of meat like from Costco, then maybe a butcher's knife would be nice.
    If you're only cutting meat for meals... regular chef's knife. Santoku/Gyuto/Western, your preference.

If you're going to be chopping bones, I would get a cheap Western knife instead of a chef's AND a cleaver. I have THIS, which happens to be my at-home knife that I occasionally use as a machete (dead srs). Good heft/weight behind it, and Western steel is less prone to chipping than Japanese steel. I've hacked away at some decently thick branches and sliced my way through heavy weeds with it.

My personal recommendation: Tojiro DP Gyuto, as posted earlier. Cheap, sharp as fuk, great beginner's knife. Take care of it and it'll be the only knife you need.
    I mostly just eat chicken/steak but I know I'll be exploring a lot now so who the hell knows so I rather just be prepared. Definitely going to get Torjiro, Victorinox parring knife that was suggested on amazon and has awesome reviews and the Chicago Cutlery knife you have.

I mostly just eat chicken/steak but I know I'll be exploring a lot now so who the hell knows so I rather just be prepared. Definitely going to get Torjiro, Victorinox parring knife that was suggested on amazon and has awesome reviews and the Chicago Cutlery knife you have.
    also bruh here's a feel good video that'll teach you some knife basics
    Dude.....no

Watching it now exactly what I was just looking up too, thanks to both of you bruhs.

FUUU got you on recharge

Watching it now exactly what I was just looking up too, thanks to both of you bruhs.

FUUU got you on recharge
    Also brah if you look on ebay or craigslist or w/e and pick up a pasta maker for like 10 bucks this is goat pasta!

Dude.....no

Also brah if you look on ebay or craigslist or w/e and pick up a pasta maker for like 10 bucks this is goat pasta!

[video=youtube;sNzA0wxym3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzA0wxym3w[video]
    Bruh I've been studying on how to make some good Italian food too. Definitely gotta get one I didn't know they were that cheap.

Bruh I've been studying on how to make some good Italian food too. Definitely gotta get one I didn't know they were that cheap.
    new from amazon or w/e they're a bit more but the technology hasnt changed with them for like 60 years and they're solid metal so they last

new at walmart 25$
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weston-01-...chine/17461206
    15 bones on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pasta-Roller...3D321796548310
    like that video shows you, you cant make it with just a rolling pin but it gets to be a pain in the ass with all the kneading you have to do, one side of the pasta maker does all the kneading for you. plus you can cut it to angel hair size in one swipe with the back side or fettuccine with the other setting
    Dude.....no

new from amazon or w/e they're a bit more but the technology hasnt changed with them for like 60 years and they're solid metal so they last

new at walmart 25$
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weston-01-...chine/17461206
    15 bones on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pasta-Roller...3D321796548310
    like that video shows you, you cant make it with just a rolling pin but it gets to be a pain in the ass with all the kneading you have to do, one side of the pasta maker does all the kneading for you. plus you can cut it to angel hair size in one swipe with the back side or fettuccine with the other setting
    Thats a must have. You got any suggestions for pots/pans?
    Already got an iron skillet though its poverty.

Thats a must have. You got any suggestions for pots/pans?
    Already got an iron skillet though its poverty.

My bad Dave P, no thread hi jack lulz
    Im kinda lacking in knowledge there brah I haven't experimented with this new ceramic non stick ****. Im still using poverty nonstick BS (like the new version of teflon) I had a cuisinart frying pan that was tits til my dumbass roommate kept using it without oil or PAM and burning cheese and chicken **** on it over and over. Pots if you got the money why not go stainless steel, they'll last longer and if you're not an asshat there should always be enough liquid in there to keep **** from burning to the bottom.

OH THOUGH!!!! IMPORTANT, make sure you get a pan with a heavy bottom, like at least a 1/4" thick. When i lived in this ****ty apt in college we had a really crappy electric stove. And a key to cooking meat is HIGH heat. if you don't have a really good heat source and a thin pan dumping cold meat onto it will suck all the heat right out of the pan and you'll get soggy non seared meat. It sucked so bad i used to have to cook in such bitch portions sometimes twice to get my meat to sear properly

EDIT2 maybe not a whole 1/4" but thick, if you go a 1/4" and have TOO much heat its hard to reduce the heat quickly on the fly.
    Last edited by Jerma; 08-11-2015 at 02:54 AM.
    Dude.....no