I don't neg anymore...rly Negatron617's Avatar
    Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Deadlift machine???

okay so at my gym there is a machine called the ground based squat/ lunge
    however i look at this machine and i feel like its a deadlift machine. You basically pile on the plates bend down to grab the handles that are next to your legs and you stand up. This is to is pretty much what a deadlift is with the exception that on a true dead lift you dont lift the bar from your sides are if your holding dumbbells but rather in the front

can this machine be substituted for deadlifts or is it really just a ground based squat machine??

i dont do deads so I wanted to try this machine until I get comfortable with the movement and then go with the free weights

but does anyone know what machine im talking about?
    ☆$★♠☆ BiG-BaLLiN ☆♠★$☆

KingOfNorway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingOfNorway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its a machine, its just as bad as any other machine. The machine isent the same movement as a deadlift, start with light deadlifts and work on form. Machines suck, the end.

I don't neg anymore...rly Negatron617's Avatar
    Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Negatron617 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    machines dont suck
    they are not as good as free weights but they do help
    bad advice my man, good try though, thanks anyway

ima rep you just for trying, but they dont suck
    ☆$★♠☆ BiG-BaLLiN ☆♠★$☆

LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by noredr View Post
    okay so at my gym there is a machine called the ground based squat/ lunge
    however i look at this machine and i feel like its a deadlift machine. You basically pile on the plates bend down to grab the handles that are next to your legs and you stand up. This is to is pretty much what a deadlift is with the exception that on a true dead lift you dont lift the bar from your sides are if your holding dumbbells but rather in the front

can this machine be substituted for deadlifts or is it really just a ground based squat machine??

i dont do deads so I wanted to try this machine until I get comfortable with the movement and then go with the free weights

but does anyone know what machine im talking about?

Kind of feels like a trap bar deadlift. Although nothing compares to a free weight deadlift, it's okay to do if you can't deadlift or just wanna burn out.

Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Home_Slice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think since you don't have any injuries to just start light with the freeweight dead until you get used to it.

No point on starting on a machine which doesn't replicate the excercise perfectly.

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would agree that it's similar in feel to the trap bar deadlift. We have a hammer shrug machine which I've seen several of the more serious builders use as a substitute for deadlifts; the only thing is the bar is considerably higher, so they don't involve as much lower body. It reminds me of a trap bar rack pull, if you can envision that.

How low to the ground does your machine go?

Having the fixed angle of pull isn't as advantageous as pulling with a bar, but it could serve as a substitute for when you want a change for a bit.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also depends on goals too. If he's the casual lifter who doesn't want to risk injury with regular deadlifts, and believe me its possible even with light weights, then he should. There's no rule to saying you MUST do deadlifts. But on the other hand if he's actually trying to bust tail and get somewhere then deadlifting is the way to go! People train differently, just a matter of what hits your body right.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by KingOfNorway View Post
    its a machine, its just as bad as any other machine. Machines suck, the end.
    wrong
    Who was this love of yours?

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfNorway View Post
    Machines suck, the end.
    So do sweeping statements.

To the OP: If you think this machine might work well for you, give it a try and find out. However, I disagree with the premise of using a machine to "learn" a free weight movement. If you want to feel "comfortable" deadlifting, start with light weight on the bar and practice. I highly doubt using that machine would help you to become an efficient deadlifter.

Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting I tried lookin around for a machine as described, I've never seen one *shrug*

I agree as well, using a machine to try and learn a movement is not a good idea. Start with the bar sitting on some boxes or whatnot (sans having plates holding it up). Listen to your body and go slow when it comes to learning (anything new).

Hammer grip deads? Interesting idea, like a suitcase DL I'm thinking..?
    something clever and witty