Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Otomix Extreme Trainer Pro shoe review

Good morning everyone. I did a search and found little written about these shoes. Thought I'd offer some commentary, for whatever it's worth.

I know that shoes are a very personal thing. Most general lifters/fitness folks don't seem to give them much thought and wear whatever. Heavy lifters, PL's, and those that compete seem to put more thought in to it.

For context, my background. 53 y.o. male just back in the gym after being out a year with major shoulder issues. My nephew is a licensed PT who also works with people on strength and conditioning. He's got me ratcheted down pretty tight in terms of my workouts with the goal of me not tearing myself up again. Very light lifting at this point.

WARNING - I cant speak about how these shoes perform under serious lifting. I will shamelessly admit that my DL is a mere 165 and squats just a few pounds under that. Really taking it easy.

In addition, I have lifetime limited mobility in my right ankle due to a compound fib/tib break. Because of this, I am forced to lift my right heel at the bottom of squats. It takes everything I have just to get my hams parallel.And finally, temporarily being on the ball of my right foot can make things squirrelly. I used to squat and DL with 2.5 pound plates under my heals at my old gym. But my new gym flooring allows the plates to move around under my heels, which is very dangerous and destroys confidence. All that aside, I have been lifting in low cut shoes billed as cross trainers. In spite of this, I never felt secure with lateral rigidity. With that, I decided to try a dedicated shoe to see if it would have a positive effect on the sureness of my footing.

After doing a bunch of reading, I saw that Otomix had a satisfactory rep. They make a variety of models for different needs. To my eye, many of them looked like wrestling shoes and appear far too flimsy for what I was looking for. They do have a model which is billed for lifting. Frankly, I was a little a put off by the name. Did the marketing people really have to use Extreme, Trainer, and Pro for wow factor? Why not throw in Ninja, Fierce, Beast-Mode, and Bringer of Destruction too ! Yet in spite of the plethora of uber adjectives, I went ahead and made a purchase. Previous reviews on other sites warned to go up a 1/2 size as they run a bit small. I'm normally a 11.5 US, so I went with a 12.

Upon arrival, I tried them on and 1/2 size up was perfect for me. Toes did not scrunch yet shoes feel secure. Initially, I was a little scared. They are extremely cushy and very light. By cushy I mean comfortable versus mushy or wallowy.

This morning I did 5x5 DL's in them. Frankly, I fell in love with them the second I completed my first set. In spite of the cushy feel, these shoes were rock-solid the moment that I planted my feet. They did not move. There was no rolling whatsoever. They were so confidence inspiring that I actually was able to forget about my feet and focus on my form and control.

Frankly, I am shocked that a different pair of shoes could make such a material difference. In spite of wearing a multitude of shoe types in the gym, none have come close to these. I am so upside down over these things that I am already searching for a second set on sale.

In summary, if you are someone that has previous injuries or has struggled to find great foot gear, you may want to take a hard look at the Otomix Extreme Trainer Pro shoe. I cant believe the difference that they have made my gym time, inspiring confidence, and hopefully helping me to prevent strains or injury.

PROS

Can be found under 100.00 if you poke around the net.

Deceivingly light and comfortable yet secure and firm under light to moderate loads.

CONS

No idea how these perform with 300+ pound loads. I am confident that they are fine for anything that I will ever lift.

1/2 Size small. ORDER 1/2 SIZE LARGER THAN NORMAL

Unfortunately, I don't yet have 50 posts. Once I do, I will return to this post to add a picture.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been using a pair of Otomix power trainers for about 6 - 7 years and I'm happy with them. They're comfortable to DL and squat in and are holding up great.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoomie517 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good to hear that they have some serious longevity!

c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you have ankle mobility issues and can't squat with your heels down without standing on plates, why don't you get some heeled weightlifting shoes instead of flat-soled shoes? Seems like a no-brainer.

That's a great question. I guess a part of me keeps hoping that mobility improves.

In the end, that may be my only alternative, if it helps me to get deeper.
    I don't know if they will even get me there.