Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it impossible for some people to have abs?

I know this is a really stupid question but Im just wondering because I was basically on a 5 month cut an just got really scrawney but still had grabable fat in my belly. I always ate clean and didnt even have cheat days. Im bulking now just for the sake of having a little more muscle mass and not being so wimpy and plan to cut around April but Im just wondering because I tried SO hard to finally have abs for once but it just never happened. On many occasions my dad just told me to give up and told me some people just cant have abs, but I REFUSED to believe that and kept trying. Still didnt work. Kinda hoping that after this(my first bulk and cut cycle) I'll finally be able to have abs, at least by Summer...

marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50) marrrk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    alot of people dont have visible abs even at extremely low bodyfat percentages such as 8%. this is mainly due to the fact that they have never worked out in their life/have played sport thus dont have any muscle to show. i would say that you need to bulk hard and then cut and you should see abs. every human has abs. every human has all the muscles they are meant to have to perform daily functions such as walking. you need abs to stabilize yourself to walk so saying you dont have abs is a mistake. you simply do not have visible abs. pls post your cutting diet and your routine during your cut and then i and other members can help you out and tell you if you went wrong or how you can improve it for your next cut

One Day At A Time.. MadeUnderground's Avatar
    MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000)
    What was your diet like? Sounds like you just got skinny fat to me. Meaning you lost muscle mass (weight) but still kept around a high body fat percentage.

If you get your body fat to 10%, I can pretty much guarantee you'll have abs.

Also even if you wouldn't have countable packs, your stomach would still be really chiseled in that region, so it would look like you have abs basically. So in otherwords, its impossible for no one to not have abs (abdomen), and can get chiseled there, how many packs you have is determined by genetics.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life is a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an ******* who couldn't sweet talk the princess." - Aesop Rock, "Daylight".

"Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you will ever own." - Baz Luhrmann.

facer01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) facer01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i spose you could genetically have smaller stomach muscles then others so then he is right in that case.
    some people could work their ass off and not have defined stomach muscles due too their genetics, but in your case id say that your still young and wouldnt really worry about not having and defined stomach muscles as i didnt start getting defined ab's until about half way through last year.
    but still keep doing what your doing but dont base your workouts around abs'

Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebas94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont, I do Rippetoes which is all full body, I Just really want VISIBLE abs this summer!!

And yeah I think what MadeUnderground said is right...I ate 1800 calories per day plus p90x(lotta cardio on there) for 3 months and then for 2 more months "lifting" in the gym cause I was new to the whole exercise lifestyle and just became skinny fat. It IS basically what I am, I have a skinny body but I have a flabby belly that jiggles and looks bad :/
    Last edited by Sebas94; 12-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Originally Posted by marrrk View Post
    alot of people dont have visible abs even at extremely low bodyfat percentages such as 8%. this is mainly due to the fact that they have never worked out in their life/have played sport thus dont have any muscle to show. i would say that you need to bulk hard and then cut and you should see abs. every human has abs. every human has all the muscles they are meant to have to perform daily functions such as walking. you need abs to stabilize yourself to walk so saying you dont have abs is a mistake. you simply do not have visible abs. pls post your cutting diet and your routine during your cut and then i and other members can help you out and tell you if you went wrong or how you can improve it for your next cut
    So you think after 6 months of bulking, Rippetoes, ab ripper x 3 days per week I might be able to have visible abs after cutting?

HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HowBoutAPound has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know some people like myself have excess skin that will decrease the appearance of abs. I can pull the skin off my scrawny ass neck for a good 3 inches. I don't know why, I'm assuming it's just genetics. Perhaps this is one of your causes?

Nah I dont think so bro but thanks for trying to help

advocator of real food broken_steel's Avatar
    broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50) broken_steel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    abs are HIGHLY genetic. its very possible for someone to spend years trying to attain abs, but not impossible. my abs have always been pretty damned pronounce, even when im 4 months into my bulk you can still see them (avatar pic). the problem may be that you don't have any ab muscles? BULK and then cut, im sure you'll see much better results
    Strength is size.

Yeah its what Im doing now hoping it will work

ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ArauzDurandal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like you lost muscle

What i would do is CLEAN bulk for 2-3 months (no more than 500 over manteinance unless you really need it {that is if you are getting no gains}) and then cut.

It's important that you don't gain too much fat becase the more you gain the longer the cut will be and you need to get in time for summer.

Once you are ready to cut (depending on how much fat you have to loose is how many weeks before your desired date your cut should start) cut 500 calories below maintenance and start re feeding after 2-3 weeks if you see that the weight loss is slowing down or if you hit a plateau like you did before, or if you start feeling super craves (don't get into a binging rampage after it) or if you are feeling ****ty or something. Refeeds do not tend to get stored as fat and are needed for recovery and in order to restore your metabolism, as it slows down to prevent you from dying from not getting enough food (ur body loves u !)

You must likely have visible abs already dude, but you stopped burning fat and started burning muscle most likely, that's due to a bad diet so get it in check here before attempting it. Everyone has abs. they are covered by fat. It's bull**** to say that you can't get them to show, it's just getting rid of the fat and everyone can burn fat.

On a side note you are only 15, and there is no proof that cutting does nothing to your growth and development so i wouldn't cut again....not sure tho :\

I wanna have abs too (believe me i know why you want them lol) but i think im going to bulk for a while first.

Personal choice tho...
    Last edited by ArauzDurandal; 12-18-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    HAI MOOOBS

Yeah Im gonna keep going with this bulk until about March and then cut for summer. Hopefully ill look in time for the every day pool and beach visits with all my friends!

jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Smacksforehead/

Everyone "has" abs, If you didn't you would fall over. We all have 8, they just vary in size and shape from person to person.

The problem is, what do you consider a "clean" diet?? That is such a realative term that people THINK they know what it means.. but they have no clue. Diets also vary from person to person. There is no cookie cutter diet that everyone suppose to follow. You must find out what work for YOU and only YOU.

You can do all the abdominal exercises you want but if your diet is lagging, so will your progress.
    Online Personal Training, Nutritional, Fitness, & Supplementation Programs designed to fit your unique lifestyle and overall goals at www.JOEDEMATTIOFITNESS.com I've done it, others have done it, are you up for the challenge?

The Lord is my Strength!

Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Loswaldo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At 149lbs yes.
    The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

PSN: MrLoswaldo
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Umad_Brasiek
    Blog: newjackhiphop.com

bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbqq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do some abs work as well, if you're not doing any. Might help a little when you cut again.

Originally Posted by jjd6290 View Post
    Smacksforehead/

Everyone "has" abs, If you didn't you would fall over. We all have 8, they just vary in size and shape from person to person.

The problem is, what do you consider a "clean" diet?? That is such a realative term that people THINK they know what it means.. but they have no clue. Diets also vary from person to person. There is no cookie cutter diet that everyone suppose to follow. You must find out what work for YOU and only YOU.

You can do all the abdominal exercises you want but if your diet is lagging, so will your progress.
    I mean Im bulking right now but and pretty much all I eat are whole foods. I dont count macros or any of that stuff. All I do is make sure I get my protein in and that my fats and carbs come from good sources. I think I just burned away muscle with p90x, sadly. But I have my hopes up on the cut coming up after this, my first bulk.

Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stackz123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    everyone has a 6pack or 8 pack

SkinnyMof0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMof0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMof0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMof0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMof0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyMof0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Might be stupid but-

My friend is 150lbs at 6-7% bf naturally without any cut phase's, he have like no water weight, athletic build, he's veins going out crazy everywhere even if he don't workout - but he have no ABS at all, not even a sign, and he train dem pretty good, so I think some people do not have ABS on their genetics. that's all...

thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegr8t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyMof0 View Post
    Might be stupid but-

My friend is 150lbs at 6-7% bf naturally without any cut phase's, he have like no water weight, athletic build, he's veins going out crazy everywhere even if he don't workout - but he have no ABS at all, not even a sign, and he train dem pretty good, so I think some people do not have ABS on their genetics. that's all...
    Yeah sure, he's born and cells forgot to differenciate into a certain muscle group.

Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    work abs + low bodyfat = abs.

for anyone.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=515913953 - log.

Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fregs79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my brother who has very low bf (cut up arms and chest) who is of similar build to me (slightly stronger) simply has very little ab definition...there is muscle there but its is just not in separate muscles if that makes sense...there is muscle there just not in a traditional 6-pack

Well honestly I dont even care that much about having a super six pack. Really what I want is a tight stomach so to speak. NO JIGGLE!

some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) some_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been in the same boat for a couple years man. Best I've ever gotten is top two abs visable with middle slightly visable. I have descent ab mass, I can feel them with my fingers and the disting separations just they are covered by an inch of fat. I cut for a while then said f it I'm not going to have abs so geain some mass and I started to do a really slow bulk. This month I'm increasing cals even more and am gonna bulk till the end of january then will try to cut once again. Cutting so soon because I know it takes a while for me to shed stomach fat, plus I want to slowly cut so I preserve muscle mass. Never had abs in my life, but I know the potential is there. Just those last few body fat %. If you don't have ab mass peiod though, I would start some weighted ab exercises. Besides that it's all in cardio and clean eating.

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Abs are made in the kitchen so your nutrition has to be spot-on.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

syntaxle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My abs came piss, well, 4 of them at least. I've only been going to the gym since October and I have 4 clearly defined abs.

Like I always say, there's a fat-to-muscle ratio with abs. It's no good having ridiculously low BodyFat if the abdominal muscles arn't built enough to show. As your BF% gets higher and higher you need larger and larger abs for them to be defined, untill about 12% - 15% BF when they physically can't get big enough to stand out against the fat layers. The numbers vary of course based on genetics.

Regarding actually having abs abscent ( no pun ), people can be born with only 4 defined packs, or as much as 8 or 10 packs. For almost everybody though, there will always be 6 muscular packs across the abdomen. The level of indentation between the individual packs can very though, which is again based on genetics, and some people don't have straight abs, they have curling, uneven abs. All genetics.

NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Training log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132452573

*Official 288 Crew*

R.I.P Wesley Silveira aka Iron Addict. You are missed.

All done single ply at IPF meet:

Squat: 205 kg
    Bench: 122.5 kg
    Deadlift: 200 kg
    Total: 527.5 kg

It is possible for EVERYONE to have a tight abdomen, even if abs arent visible because of say genetics right?

gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000) gym_issue is just really nice. (+1000)

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sebas94 View Post
    It is possible for EVERYONE to have a tight abdomen, even if abs arent visible because of say genetics right?
    Right... All comes down to low body fat (diet). The last pounds of body fat are stubborn to lose. You have to be in a small deficit (200-300) to ensure that you are only losing fat rather than muscle.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com