Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattwv is on a distinguished road. (+10)

P90x vs. P90 x plus?

So I am thinking of getting the P90x work out program but First of all has anyone used the program on here with good results and second I see that there is a P90x PLUS now. Just wondering what the difference is between the p90x and the p90x plus?

Thanks

Mattwv

T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just completed the first week of P90X. It's a solid workout. No big weight stuff, lots of push ups of different kinds, dips, chin/pullups, lots of jumping, squats lunges (with or without weights), kicking, stretching and some basic martial arts moves (but done in a workout/cardio sequence). It is essentially 3 lifting (bodyweight based mostly - except for the arms section) programs and two cardio - plus 1 day of big time Yoga and one day of rest. There's an Ab ripper sequence that cvan be done 2 or three times a week but I wasn't up for it yet as it is 16 minutes of non stop - it's tough (for me). Each session is close to an hour with warm up and cool downs. The tempo is quick - you really work it.

Of warning - if you can't knock out 25 pushups or nail up to at least 5 pullup/chinups, do jumping jacks for three minutes straight at a moderate pace, curl 30 lbs say 15 times, hold a wall squat for over a minute, then work on that because even though I'm giving you a little more than what they say is the minimum, their minimum is a joke compared to what you need to be ready for.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to get fit and not worry about getting big, and you want an up tempo structured, focused workout - P90X is great. The plus from what I understand is 4 extra dvd workouts - but I'll imagine it's an expansion on the theme.

They also give a very detailed nutrition plan that you can follow or play in the ballpark with.

hey I like it - i've read nay-sayers. At 45, getting big doesn't impress me. I ahve a wife, kids, career so I'm just looking to stay fit and this looks to be a good thing - for me.

trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trapt1213 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I sent you some info via personal message =). I think you will find everything you need there my friend. If you have questions just send em via PM. I am a team beachbody coach ;P! WOOT
    www.CoachDireland.com

Trapt1213@Hotmail.com

Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kmikhchi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am going to start the p90x workout and would like to know about these p90x plus workouts as well. I do not have the nutrition book so I'm looking to find that somewhere.
    ---Letm ek now if yo can help me out too trapt1213

Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jsmith512 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also have some questions about the program. I want to put on some muscle but still tone and work on flexibility/cardio. What if i was to lift weights at the the gym then do the cardio/core stuff after the gym or on off days?
    Start: W240 BF30+%
    Current: W160 BF11%
    Goal: W180 BF10%

"Through Adversity, There is redemption"-KSE

kurt18th has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    P90X worked well for me, though i only did it for 2 months instead of 3. Started out at 23% body fat (from what i can remember) and the lowest i got to was about 15%, again i only did 2/3rds of the program, P90X+ is just a few videos with more "advanced" moves than the other videos, id say youd be fine with regular old p90x

T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10) T-Hawke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You guys are all young and energetic that are asking these P90X questions and that's great. First you have to ask yourself what you want out of your body. Are you looking to get "big"? If you want "big" P90X is not going to get you "big". You'll get a touch bigger, but what the program is, is to get you stronger and more fit. You'll get better shape, more definition and become stronger.

because there is a nutrition program that comes with it, if you follow it or at least stay in the ballpark of it, you'll make the muscles you do have "pop" out little more because you'll be defining them, growing them and shedding lots of fat surrounding them - that's a basic theory to it.

There are not a lot of weight oriented exercises involved here. On the arms day there are a few dumb bell exercises and you use some dumb bells for your shoulders and back but the majority of those back and shoulders muscles workouts come via a variety of pull/chinups. YOu can use resistance bands instead of dumb bells and chin ups as well if you so choose.

The program is done at a quick pace. It is focused and you will work out and sweat!

It is a 90 day program - so ask yourself what you want and can you stick with it for 90 days? Or look at it this way. It is a great launch point to shed a little weight, shed lots of fat, get fit and if you don't think you are getting the size you want, after 90 days you have a great template to work with to go from.

Another thing - just think how fast 3 months go. You'll be done in a snap. You can always change direction after you are done. One thing is certain - you will be in better shape, more flexible, faster, stronger and look better after completing the program than you are now.

STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STIMMS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tony Horton is awsome.

I just started p90x like 3 weeks ago. He kicks your ass everyday for over an hour.

The workouts are alot of fun and from my understanding p90x + is just a few extra workouts to do once you finish p90x. Not totally sure but thats what ive heard
    FloGrown