Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post LiftNPlay's Road To CFB

Background info: I am a Jr. in High School and I am training to make it onto a good D2 football team or higher level team. I play MLB and TE for my HS team, a team that lost only 3 games last year. I played 4 games in a cast this year, and still played TE (I caught 5 passes in those 4 games, one for a TD.) I made honorable mention MLB for my conference. My preseason goal was to make at least second team, but I thats in the past and I can't change it. I am undersized (height-wise for probably ever, and weight-wise for now) for either a college MLB or TE, especially for a TE so I am going to try to make it as a MLB/OLB. I have a strong desire to achieve this goal, and I already enjoy lifting so I am a very motivated person. I am starting this journal today because I am beggining WS4SB3 tomorrow. Since basketball ended, I have been training off a program that I had made up through my past lifting experiences. I believe the program was good, but comparing it to WS4SB3, it had too much volume and not enough max effort lifts. I'm probably not going to type out my whole workout everyday, but I will share the general/main parts of it. I am not sure how many times I will updates this in the next few weeks. I go from school to work to lifting so I don't get home until around 8:15 and I try to get to bed by 9:00 so it will be hard for me to squeeze in time for this everyday (until summer, then I will have plenty of time.) I am writing this journal for 2 reasons: 1-Keep track of how I feel the program is going and track my progress. 2-Motivate others and from your motivation from me I will be motivated to keep lifting.

-STATS AS OF 5-20-2012
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 183
    BF: Around 10%
    -Indicator Lifts
    Bench: 255
    Squat: 365
    Deadlift: 365
    Power Clean: 225
    40: 4.83

-GOALS FOR 8-1-2012
    Weight: 195
    BF: Around 10%
    -Indicators Lifts
    Bench: 295
    Squat: 415
    Deadlift: 415
    Power Clean: 255
    40: Under 4.7

Supps:
    Post Workout: ON Protein Whey, Dextrose, ON Creatine (getting back on Creatine for 6 more weeks tomorrow after finish 3 week off period.)
    Bedtime: Casein when I feel I need the extra protein, probably about 2-3 times during the work week.

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck man! Will be checking into this
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.

LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Began writing my post last night when I got dizzy, so I x'ed out the page and though I would lay down for a bit and come back and rewrite it. But I felt crappy the rest of the night. My workout was (I know I said I wouldn't type out the whole workout, but I changed my mind.)

Morning Session:

Max Effort Bench
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    195x3
    215x3
    2x15 DB Bench
    3x10 Upright Rows SS RD Flies
    3x15 Barbell Shrugs
    2x15 Tricep Extensions
    2x8 Chin-Ups
    3x8 Twist Curls

Afternoon Session:
    4 10 yard starts
    4 20 yard sprints
    4 40 yard sprints

Woke up today still feeling iffy so I stayed home the first hour and a half of school. It was not the day to have a headache/dizziness. I went back in time for a test in one class, quiz in the other, and part of Presidental Fitness Testing in gym class (got a new PR of 7.87 in the shuttle run despite not being 100% somehow.) Work was harder than usual as well. I felt about 90% my usual self after work so I decided to lift.

5x3 Power Cleans (I've decided to replace the explosive jumping part of the WS workout with power cleans, and do box jumps later.)
    3x10 Single Leg DB Squats
    3x10 Pull-Throughs (Didn't like the exercise that much, will probably stick to mostly deadlifting from now on.)
    3x10 Leg Curls SS Leg Extensions
    3x15 Weighted AB Crunches

Still trying to get used to the shorter volume of lifts. A part of me knows that this program is a good one, but the other part of me wants to go longer. I used to feel like if I wasn't sore the day after, I wasn't training hard enough (which I now know isn't exactly true after reading Defranco's site.) I promised myself I would give the program at least 2 weeks and see how I feel from there. I've planned my routine to be:
    Monday: Morning-ME Upper, Afternoon-Linear Speed Training
    Tuesday: Afternoon-Dynamic Lower
    Wednesday: Morning-Explosive Training, Afternoon-Change of Direction Speed Training
    Thursday: Afternoon-Rep Upper
    Friday: Morning-ME Lower
    Saturday-Football Drills Training

Just gotta keep getting after it. Hopefully I will be 100% back to my normal self tomorrow (sitting here typing feeling about 95%.) Thought maybe the creatine was making me feel weird, but before it never did and I kept loading today and have been getting better so obviously it was not the reason.

Was back to 100% today. Finally. I hate feeling crappy. Anyways...

Morning Session:
    Agility Ladder (Did basically ever drill there is for it, so that's all I did.)

Afternoon Session:
    5 Broad Jumps
    Cone Drills:
    4 L Drills
    4 Square Drills
    4 Pro Agilities

Had to run the mile today for gym. Yuck, my legs felt like jelly after 2 laps from lifting yesterday, but I managed to run it in 5:59. Then V-Sit which I hated because my right quad felt really tight after. But I got Presidential in all tests so I'm feeling good about that (got it last year as well.) Going to plan out my week schedule again this weekend, because the one I made above I made pretty quick. Also, thinking about mixing a little Starting Strength/Madcow into my WS program (like ramping to max deadlift one day instead of doing 3x10 twice a week, switching 3x10 and 5x5 every week on the military press on Rep Upper, and some others that I will plan out this weekend.)

Todays workout:

Afternoon Session:
    Max Effort Bench
    5x135
    5x155
    5x175
    3x195
    3x10 Bent Over Rows SS Rear Delt Flies
    Max Effort Military Press
    5x65
    5x75
    5x85
    3x105
    3x115
    3x8 Chin-Ups
    3x10 Preacher Curls SS Tricep Extensions

Didn't do the grip exercise because I am doing RDL tomorrow. Sorry for being boring, but I don't have much else to elaborate on for the day, so I'll do some more background info. I don't drink, don't smoke, and have given up pop 100% since last summer. I only drink some 100% fruit jucies, milk (prefer skim,) and water. Tons of water, but I don't drink it to the point where I feel over-hydrated. Also, bought the 90 pill sized Opti-Men vitamins yesterday. So you can add that to my supps for now. Thanks for reading. Any suggestions/information/thoughts would be appreciated if you felt obliged to post. If not, well keep on grindin'. I know I am.

Lifting today went good.
    Max Effort Squat
    155x5
    195x5
    235x5
    295x3
    315x3
    3x10 Lunges
    3x10 RDLs
    3 sets ab circuit

Getting 315 for my max 3 rep squat felt good, wasn't sure if I could get it or not. Program is going good, I think I am sticking to it.

Grad party weekend was fun, but unhealthy! Ate wayy too much food. Off to bed soon, gotta get up early to lift then off to work then a full day of homework.
    5' 11", 225 lbs
    BF: ~17%
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 485
    Power Clean: 295

Patience and Hard Work.

My journal from high school football through my current college football career:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145019721&pagenumber

Last few days have been packed with things to do (this whole last week of school will be) so I haven't been able to update. I'm doing this from my phone before bed so it will be short and sweet.
    Monday
    Bench
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    195x3
    220x3 PR
    2x15 DB Incline Bench
    3x10 Chainsaws SS DB Rear Delt Flies
    2x15 Tricep Pulldowns
    3x7 Chin-Ups
    3x8 Barell Curls

Tuesday
    5x5 Power Cleans
    3x10 SLS
    3x8 RDL
    3x12 Weighted Crunches
    3x10 Teapots

Up to 185, not sure if it's from creatine or weight I gained from this weekend (probably a combo.) Was really tired all Monday from the weekend. Going to have to set strict bedtimes for summer and follow them no matter how bad I'd rather be with out and about. Gotta keep gridin'.
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 05-31-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

My journal from high school football through my current college football career:

Wednesday (May 30th)
    Morning Session:
    Agility Ladder

Afternoon Session:
    Diffrent Box Jumps
    Jump Rope
    Balance Drills

The more I do WS4SB3, the more I like it. I may throw in Front Squats on some Tuesdays either as another excersice or instead of SLS. Really glad I found this program as my other one quite frankly sucked. A dilema has come up though: Our football coach is going to start making us record our lifts on the lifting program he has in place. Our school trainer made it, and I think it's a decent workout, but I think leg days have too much volume, too much isolation work on upper days, and don't think its optimal having an ab circut everyday. We are working out in small teams, so its basically impossible for me to do WS4SB3 because I will be the leader of my team and they're supposed to be doing the other program. I'm going to need to speak with my coach to see if either he will let me do WS or let my whole team do WS (that would be awesome.) I don't know how it will go over, though. Our trainer put a lot of time into making that program (I do respect that) so I don't know if my coach will like me throwing it out for another program, even if I can convince him it is better. Guess I will see how it goes. Also, forgot to mention that my team is attending a team camp at the D2 school I want to go to in late June. Going to absolutely give everything I have in the 3 days that we are there.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Thursday
    3x8 Bench
    3x8 Chin-Ups
    3x10 BORs SS DB Rear Delt Flies
    3x10 Military Press
    3x10 Lockouts
    3x8 DB Curls

Had both my final tests today so I am basically done with school. Feels great. Not much else to say today. Got a good workout in, nice to be back in the school weightroom with my friends instead of in the other gym that I go to when I have to work after school.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Friday
    Max Squat
    185x5
    225x5
    255x5
    285x3
    320x2 (failed 3rd rep, so close.)
    3x10 Lunges
    3x10 Pull-Throughs
    3x10 Leg Extensions
    3x10 Leg Curls
    3x20 Calf Raises
    3xMax Grip Twists
    2xTough AB Circut

Forgot to do traps, but its not that big of a deal. I have made some slight modications to WS, might throw it up on the workout section to see what the others think.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Had a good day today. Was feeling good throughout my whole workout. Plus, I have upped my 3RM Bench 5 lbs succesfully 3 straight times.

Monday
    Bench
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    195x3
    225x3
    2x15 DB Incline Bench
    3x10 Upright Row SS Rear Delt Flies
    3x9 Pull-Ups
    3x10 Skull Crushers
    3x10 EZ Bar Curls

Afternoon
    4 10 yard starts
    4 20 yard sprints
    4 40 yard sprints
    4 hill sprints
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 06-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Tuesday
    3x5, 2x3 Power Cleans
    3x8 Front Squats
    3x8 Deadlifts
    3x12 DB Calf Raises
    3x15 Trap Shrugs
    4x12 Weighted Crunches
    4x12 Teapots

Didn't get great sleep the night before, so it was not my best of workouts.
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 06-06-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Wednesday

Morning
    4 L Drills
    4 Illinois Drills
    4 Pro Agility Drills
    3 Parachute 40s
    1 Regular 40

Afternoon
    Box Jump Training

Going to max out squat this Friday, bench next Monday, deadlift and power clean next Tuesday. I will use these to see how far I can progress throughtout the summer. I hope to put up: Bench 265, Squat 375, Deadlift 385 at least, and Power Clean 235. Based off how I do I will put up my before football (August 6th) goals.

Going to put this up here to motivate me to get these things done.
    -Tomorrow's To Do List (lifting related activites.)
    -Make/Begin A Workout Sheet (Making WS4SB3 into a on sheet program that you fill in what weight you used for what.)
    -Clean room to clear my desk that I want to use to start collecting anything valuable to gaining more workout knowledge (books, mags, articles, etc.)
    Going to put up summer goals, motivational things, and an everyday checklist of things to do by the desk as well. Everyday list will be (I will post if I did it on here as well) stretch?, take creatine?, get better?, diet in check?, and I will probably think of a few others.
    -Going to calculate macros and keep a journal on the desk to get my diet 100% in check even though I feel it is pretty good already.

Going to shoot for bed by 11 at latest every night, and wake up and out of bed by 8:30 (usually, no matter when I go to bed, my body naturally wakes me up around 7.)
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 06-06-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Got my lifting reference desk set up. I am now ready to become a walking workout guru (obviously kidding.) Going to calc the macros right now. Will post either tonight or tomorrow depending on time.

Thursday

Morning
    3x10 Bench
    3x9 Chin-Ups
    3x10 Chainsaws SS Rear Delt DB Flies
    3x8 Military Press
    3x8 Straight Bar Curls
    3x15 Triceps Death

Afternoon
    Ladder Agility
    2 L Drills
    2 Short horse pulls into a hill sprint
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

I'm back. Decided to post after all my maxing.

Friday
    Max Squat - 365 PR
    3x10 Lunges
    3x10 Pull-Throughs
    3x10 Leg Curl
    3x10 Leg Extension
    3x12 Calf Raises
    3x15 Traps
    3x12 Wrist Curls
    2xMax Ab Circut

I was tired when I woke up and I wasn't sure if I'd try for squat but I just did it and got up 365. It was a struggle to get it up! Friend spotting me said I went past 90. I'll admit I e-stated squat. Before today I had never gotten up over 335 (that was about 4 months ago) because I always tried for too much weight.

Saturday
    4 10 yard starts (on sand)
    4 20 yard sprints (on sand)
    4 40s (half on sand half off because there wasn't enough sand)
    2 Pro Agilities (on sand)
    2 10 yard sprints, back pedal to start, then sprint 20 yards (on sand)

Running on sand is tough and a great workout. Hope to do this at least 2-3 more times before football.

Monday
    Max Bench - 255 PR
    3x8 Icline Barbell Bench
    3x10 BORs SS Rear Delt Flies
    3x9 Chin-Ups
    3x10 Kickbacks
    3x10 DB Curls

Afternoon
    4 Small Hill Sprints
    4 Big Hill Sprints
    2x8 Tire Flips into short sprint
    2x40s

Alright I will admit that I was e-stating on bench before Monday. The previous time I maxed I did 245 then went right to 265 and didn't get it so I assumed I could do 255, which I obviously now can. It was tough and I tried for 265 but couldn't get it.

Tuesday
    3x8 Power Cleans
    Max Deadlift - 385 PR then 405 PR
    3x8 SLS
    3x12 Calf Raises
    3x12 Traps
    3x10 Weighted Abs

Put on 385 to get into the 1000 LB club. Got that up and it was pretty hard but I knew I could do more. I decided to go straight for 4 plates (405) and that was tough. I was pulling for what felt like 3 seconds before the weight started to come off the ground. I did this Roman Deadlift style (knees about should width apart, hands outside knees for those who don't know.) All in all very sucessful maxing! I am now a member of the 1000 LB club (1,025 total) and the 2/3/4 club (2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift.) My goals before football (August 6th) are: 305 Bench, 405 Squat, 445 Deadlift (basically add 40 lbs to all my lifts.) My power cleans haven't been coming along, and I just need to get my form very sound before my max will start to go up so If I can fix my form I hope to Power Clean 245 by football.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Been busy the last few days, been using my free time to calc my macros and set up MyFitnessPal.

Wednesday

Morning
    Ladder Drills

Afternoon
    Box Training

Thursday
    3x10 Bench
    3x8 Chin-Ups
    3x10 Seated Rows SS DB Rear Delt Flies
    3x10 DB Shoulder Press
    3x10 Skull Crushers
    3x8 DB Bicep Curls

Friday
    Squats
    155x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x3
    320x3 PR
    3x10 DB Lunges
    3x10 Deadlifts
    3x10 Barbell Trap Shrugs
    3x15 Calf Raises
    3xMax DB Grips
    1xMax Ab Circut

Felt good getting up 320 today. Feel like I can definitely keep upping that amount. Calculated my cal intake and macros:
    Cals: 3,700 (about 350 cal surplus for a lean bulk)
    Protein: 195g
    Carbs: 545g
    Fats: 83g

We will see how this works out. Feel like I am eating close to the same amont I was before, but just more wary of getting in the right amount of macros. Need more carbs (going to start eating more fruit) and less fat (I always go over on fat and under on carbs, at least for the 3 days I have been tracking my diet.) Would reccomend MyFitnessPal to ANYONE who is starting to track macros. Great site/app once you customize your goals to fit the right macros.
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 06-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Really full from supper already and I still have 740 cals left to eat, already 2g over on my fats! :/ Going to start eating more in between meals on non-lifting days (I basically have 2 breakfasts between my workout on lifting days.) Was raining outside today so I went to my schools gym (by gym I mean basketball gym, not the weight room) and I had it all to myself. Nice feeling and nice to play whatever music I wanted.

Saturday
    4 Illinois Drills
    4 L Drills
    4 Square Drills
    8 Shuffle Drills

Getting excited for this camp coming up! Going to have to be concentrated 100% of the time. Gotta stand out to these coaches.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Bench 3RM - 230 (got that up last Monday, barely.)

Monday
    Bench
    135x5
    155x5
    165x5
    175x5
    205x5 5RM PR
    3x10 Incline DB Press
    3x10 BORs SS DB Rear Delt Flies
    3x9 Chin-Ups
    3x10 DB Shoulder Press
    3x10 Hammer Curls
    3x10 Tricep Push-Down

Decided to do 5RM today, 205 wasn't too hard, feel like I can probably get 215 5 times but I will be doing 3RM more often the 5RM. Camp went good, felt like I had a good showing. Obviously didn't lift Friday (at camp) so I will try 325 3RM squat Friday.

Also got up 235 Power Clean last Tuesday. My finish is getting better (where the bar comes to rest/snapping wrists under the bar) but I still need to learn how to squat low after getting the weight past my hips. If I can get that down I can shoot my max way up. Basically got 235 from floor all the way to my shoulders without squatting down.

Bench
    3RM-230
    5RM-205

Squat
    3RM-320
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 06-25-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Really quick post before I hit the sack. Got up 325 3RM squat last Friday and 235 3RM bench up on Monday. At a relatives house so I will be lifting at a new gym tomorrow. Don't know whether it will pump me up or ruin my mojo but either way I am going for 330 3RM squat. I'll try to make a more detailed post tomorrow.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Friday
    3x4 Hang Cleans
    Squat
    185x5
    225x5
    255x5
    285x3
    330x3 PR
    3x10 Lunges
    3x10 GHRs
    3 Wall-sits
    3x15 Calf Raises
    3x15 Shrugs
    3x8 Good Mornings
    2 sets ab circuit

Killed that workout! The gym was lame but I still managed to get a great workout in. First time doing GHRs ever, and man they kill! Going to do them more often, and my hammeys will be hurting tomorrow after those and good mornings. Got 330 up without too much trouble, so I am on pace to put up 350 3RM before football and I am sure that if I can do that, I can 1RM 405, which was my goal. I am starting to get this sense of confidence that it is all going to workout in the end. A while back I was looking at D3 schools because I was talking to someone about how it is hard to be a linebacker under 6 feet but then I remembered Chris Borland and Derek Landisch are 5' 11" linebackers that play for Wisconsin (Borland will be a pre-season all-American and Landisch was the Badgers ROY.) This shows it is definitely possible at D2 if it is possible at a big time D1 school.

For my reference:

Bench
    3RM - 235

Squat
    3RM - 330
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 07-06-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Failed the 240 3RM bench Monday.

Friday
    3x5 Hang Cleans
    3x8 Squats (Was NOT feeling up to doing the 3RM.)
    4x6 Heavy DB Lunges
    3x10 Pull-Throughs
    3x10 Nat GHRs
    3x10 Calf Raises
    3x12 Shrugs
    3x10 Good Mornings
    Grip Excersise
    Ab Circut

Got crappy sleep last night so I did not feel like doing the 3RM. I feel like I am still coming along well, and my lifting goals for football are still achieveable. I found out our first day of football is a full testing day, which is great to see where I am at by then. After that day I will post all results and set goals for my upcoming season.
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 07-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SnappinFool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LiftNPlay View Post
    Failed the 240 3RM bench Monday.

Friday
    3x5 Hang Cleans
    3x8 Squats (Was NOT feeling up to doing the 3RM.)
    4x6 Heavy DB Lunges
    3x10 Pull-Throughs
    3x10 Nat GHRs
    3x10 Calf Raises
    3x12 Shrugs
    3x10 Good Mornings
    Grip Excersise
    Ab Circut

Got crappy sleep last night so I did not feel like doing the 3RM. I feel like I am still coming along well, and my lifting goals for football are still achieveable. I found out our first day of football is a full testing day, which is great to see where I am at by then. After that day I will post all results and set goals for my upcoming season.
    Let me know how your tests go, according to my math your 3RM has you just under 360 as a 1RM. Curious to see if this hold true

Originally Posted by SnappinFool View Post
    Let me know how your tests go, according to my math your 3RM has you just under 360 as a 1RM. Curious to see if this hold true
    I know for sure I can do 375 right now (possible 385), I did 365 about 3 weeks ago. I don't like calculating 1RMs, it seems very off (at least for me.)
    Also I am confident I could get 265 up on bench right now and 235 3RM calculates to only 255.

Cliffs: Don't calculate 1RMs, do them.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Saturday
    6 L Drills
    4 Direction Drills
    4 Square Drills
    4 Pro Aglilites
    2 Illinois Drills

We did each drill with litle rest inbetween, and I really felt like I pushed myself hard. Started to feel like puking towards the end but I was fine.

Monday

Bench
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    195x3
    240x3 PR
    3x10 Decline DB Bench
    3x10 BOR's SS DB Rear Delt Flies
    3x8 Chin-Ups
    3x10 DB Shoulder Press
    3x10 Tricep Pull-Downs
    3x10 Straight Bar Curls

240 was pretty tough. I think I went too aggressive on my warm-up sets last week.

Night
    Steep hill sprints x 6
    Less steep hill sprints x 4
    Little hill sprints x4
    40 yard dash x 2

It was super hot out, but I managed. I am pretty lucky that right next to my high school is a really steep hill, probably 30-40 yards long, that is really tough to get up. I put in little hills because I think they are good for short-time (3-4 secs) explosion training (which football is, avg play is about 4 seconds.
    Last edited by LiftNPlay; 07-18-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Tuesday

5x3 Power Cleans
    3x6 Front Squats
    3x5 Deadlifts
    3x10 Nat GHRs
    3x10 Overhead Squat
    3x10 BB Shrugs
    3x10 BB Calf Raises
    3 x Weighted Crunches
    3x10 Bomb Builders (basically where you put the bar on your back like you about to squat, but then you twist you body until the bar is parallel with the wall, then rotate to the other side. If you do this, make sure you are using your core to rotate and not just pushing the bar with your arms.)

Not much to say about today. Just felt like going heavy so I did. Thread now has over 1000 views!
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Wednesday

Morning
    Ladder/Hurdle Training

Afternoon
    Box Training
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Thursday

3x8 Bench
    4x6 Chin-Ups With 10lb Plate
    3x10 Heavy T-Bar Rows SS Rear Delt Flies
    3x10 Mid Delt Raises
    3x10 Push-ups With 45lb Plate
    3x10 Machine Rows
    3x10 Tricep Extensions
    3x10 Close Grip Curls

I think I am going to go for 340 for 3RM max tomorrow instead of 335 after skipping that to do regular sets last Friday. Program is coming along great. I have recently started thinking about JUCO as another possible path if I don't receive enough interest after this year, but the only decent JUCO programs are at least 5 hours away and out of state, which I hear teams have an out of state limit on players so it is even harder to make the team compared to in state players. At camp two years ago at the school I want to go to (it is D2,) one of the linebackers helping with drills told us he was a JUCO transfer so I'm sure that the college looks at JUCO players instead of avoiding them like some programs, which is good news.
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Friday
    Squat
    185x5
    225x5
    275x3
    340x3 PR
    3x10 Barbell SLS
    3x10 Nat GHRs
    3x10 Pull-Throughs
    3x Grip
    2x Ab Circut

Felt good getting 340 up today.

For my reference:

Bench
    3RM - 240

Squat
    3RM - 340
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.

Saturday
    4x Illinois Drill
    4x Slide Drill
    4x W Drill

We did these drills with little rest so we only went for about 30 mins. Slide drill is where you set up 4 cones 5 yards apart in a line. Start at one cone and slide to the closest one, sprint back, slide to the middle one, sprint back, slide to the far one, sprint back. Tommorow I think I am going to do some true HIIT now that passing league is over (not sure if mentioned before but we had passing league every sunday for about 6 weeks) even though today was, in a way, HIIT. Coach is thinking about putting me at running back so we would have split backs in the backfield. I am not sure if he means just as a formation to have or as our main formation. I think it would be awesome but at the same time it is going to be really exhausting if that is going to be our main formation. Mixed thoughts, and this is part of the reason I want to increase my VO2 max by doing HIIT on Sundays now (and because I am one of those people who feel crappy if they do nothing all day.) Not sure if I mentioned this before, but after workouts I foam roll, stretch, and contrast shower. I gave up on meditation, didn't seem to work for me (I know it probably does, I just didn't give it enough time, but I'm over it.) Also, I take a multi-vitamin and fish oil with lunch along with my post-workout protein, creatine, and dextrose shake. My workout plan looks like this now (if two things are listed in 1 day, I do them at different times of the day, not all together.)

Monday - Upper Body and Sprints
    Tuesday - Lower Body
    Wednesday - Ladders/Hurdles and Box Jumping
    Thursday - Upper Body
    Friday - Lower Body
    Saturday - Change Of Direction Drills
    Sunday - HIIT

Also not sure if mentioned yet, but so far I only have 1 offer/interest email from a small D3 college way far away so I didn't respond. Like I said before, if I get injured/don't have the year I know I can/get overlooked by D2 colleges I would not be opposed to going to JUCO. I am not sure if I want to play D3 football, most of it being that I would be devoting a lot of my time for no return (no scholarships), and some of it being it has been along time since anyone in our town went D2 for any sport (so basically for pride, not a ton of people have went D3 either but there has been enough that me going D3 would hardly cause a stir.)
    5' 11", 225 lbs

Patience and Hard Work.