Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Non-lifting ******* requires help...

Hi guys, have just fully recovered from a groin operation I had earlier this year and was planning on starting lifting but in 3 weeks I'm off backpacking for 5-6 months. Will be staying in hostels with limited food options and won't realistically be able to join a gym (constant moving around and prices for 1-day/7-day passes). I'm 5'11.5" and weigh around 173 lbs. Haven't got much muscle at all - I do a calisthenic home work out but I'm kinda chubby so you wouldn't be able to see any abs anyway.

So, wat do? Is cutting down to skinny no muscle mode my only option? I don't really want to bulk as my face holds a lot of fat as it is, and I won't be able to work out properly so that'd be pointless. It's annoying because at the mo my moobies sometimes look like pecs and I look decent, if I start to lose weight from here they flatten and I just look weird. Woe is me.

If I do a calisthenic program while I'm away travelling will it help at all? Or without sufficient protein/calories will it all be for nought?

Well, cheers guys, pic included. Please don't bully me too much!

P.S. My legs are quite skinny.

Last edited by Meleky; 09-26-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong everything @ the picture.

Ideally, and I'll be perfectly honest, I'd want to look like this for now:

Would I have to lift for that or just cut weight? Would I gradually get LIKE that if I was on a caloric deficit (won't be able to spend lots on food for the next 6 months) and doing a calisthenic work out at the hostels?
    Last edited by Meleky; 09-26-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Strong 31 views no replies.

Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if thats how you wanna look get on a conditioning program and do lots of cardio. do abs a lot and that physique is all about diet...
    Going for 220 lb

Rep back everytime

-- R.I.P Zyzz --

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

Originally Posted by Marleau12 View Post
    if thats how you wanna look get on a conditioning program and do lots of cardio. do abs a lot and that physique is all about diet...
    THANK YOU for replying!

I searched conditioning programs and a lot of it related to competitions? Can you explain what you meant by a conditioning program? And when you say "that physique is all about diet...", would you mind explaining that as well? Would I need to eat at a slightly caloric deficit with lots of cardio and some calisthenic work outs?

LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP tbh there isn't much difference between the physique you posted and yours now; he just has the benefit of airbrushing and a tan. Oh and he also isn't hairy as all **** (no hate).

You could look like that in 4 months, easily. Aim for a fairly small caloric surplus (200) and just do lots of bodyweight exercises (honestly I hate giving this advice, but it'll get you to your goal). After 3 months of that you'll be around 14% BF, so then just cut down to your desired %.

edit: Keep in mind, you may start to see abs appearing on your caloric surplus. This is because you're putting on more muscle than fat (hopefully) and so you're losing BF%. Not fat itself, but overall percentage.

Originally Posted by LowHP View Post
    OP tbh there isn't much difference between the physique you posted and yours now; he just has the benefit of airbrushing and a tan. Oh and he also isn't hairy as all **** (no hate).

You could look like that in 4 months, easily. Aim for a fairly small caloric surplus (200) and just do lots of bodyweight exercises (honestly I hate giving this advice, but it'll get you to your goal). After 3 months of that you'll be around 14% BF, so then just cut down to your desired %.

edit: Keep in mind, you may start to see abs appearing on your caloric surplus. This is because you're putting on more muscle than fat (hopefully) and so you're losing BF%. Not fat itself, but overall percentage.
    LOL **** I just realised. The pic I provided was breathing out. I have a thread from a while back with loads of pics and people said I was around 20% bf! So I guess I'm screwed for now? Can't really eat at a surplus because I'll just look like a fat ****, but if I eat at a caloric deficit with body weight exercises I won't gain any muscle and look like a skinny ****?

LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10) LowHP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Meleky View Post
    LOL **** I just realised. The pic I provided was breathing out. I have a thread from a while back with loads of pics and people said I was around 20% bf! So I guess I'm screwed for now? Can't really eat at a surplus because I'll just look like a fat ****, but if I eat at a caloric deficit with body weight exercises I won't gain any muscle and look like a skinny ****?
    Well you can look like as skinny*** then build muscle, or look like a fat*** WHILE building muscle, and cut the fat after. The choice is yours, my friend.