Bama_Boy2121 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I need some advice on how to recover from tendinitis

hi i need some help. im a sophmore who is planning on going to state this year for high school and placing in a least the top ten. i have a broken thumb so i cant bench much right now so i would like some tips on what to do for my tendinitis in my knees so i dont have to worry about both thumb and knee...any info the help of tendinitis would be greatly appreciated....Thank you for your time....
    Pain is Only Temporary,
    But Glory is Forever

whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitedime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how do you have tedonitis in your knees?
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Patellar tendonitis usually involves tight quadriceps that excessively pull on the patella. When I treat it I do lots of soft tissue work (like massage and/or active release) on the quads along with lots of stretching the quads.

Additionally, I'll usually have the patient put ice on the affected area a few times per day, 15-20 minutes at a time.

A few supplements can be very beneficial: a good quality fish oil, a proteolytic enzyme taken in between meals (Sorenzyme is perfect), and a good joint support (of which I prefer Elasti-Joint as it has glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and Vitamin C along with collagen).

Of course you need to see a doctor, but hopefully the info I provided will help a bit.

Best.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Originally Posted by whitedime View Post
    how do you have tedonitis in your knees?
    when you hit a sudden growth spurt and then get to much pressure on the tendion causing it...
    Pain is Only Temporary,
    But Glory is Forever

Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    Patellar tendonitis usually involves tight quadriceps that excessively pull on the patella. When I treat it I do lots of soft tissue work (like massage and/or active release) on the quads along with lots of stretching the quads.

Additionally, I'll usually have the patient put ice on the affected area a few times per day, 15-20 minutes at a time.

A few supplements can be very beneficial: a good quality fish oil, a proteolytic enzyme taken in between meals (Sorenzyme is perfect), and a good joint support (of which I prefer Elasti-Joint as it has glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and Vitamin C along with collagen).

Of course you need to see a doctor, but hopefully the info I provided will help a bit.

Best.
    thanks for the advice, the ice and joint support i am already doing cuz the athletic trainer told me to do that but i will try the massage thing.
    Pain is Only Temporary,
    But Glory is Forever

groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10) groovyslick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with the Dr.! just be sure you stretch. there is a bit about tendonitis in the thread linked below.
    If you have muscular pain...not joint or organs or bones. GO GET A MASSAGE!!!
    Check out this thread for more info.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5421563

Or if you are in the dfw area contact me and I will fix it!

AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AutumnalPark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Patellar "tendonitis" is often a "tendinosis" which is quite a different entity: it is a fibrin-mediated reaction, not an inflammatory reaction, so treating it as inflammation does not work.

It may progress to an actual inflammation, but need to know what stage you are at.

If it is tendinosis, then anti-fibrinoids work well e.g. lasonil and voltaren gel.

At your age, I would bet on you having tight muscles and possibly tight neural structures with some lumbar dysfucntion as well.

heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000) heidt410 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have tendonitis in my forearm/bicep tendons right now. Im doing all the advice already mentioned....but I was told to use a warm moist compress to relax the tissue as well as ice.

Since its your knees you could take baths.