Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Seanzilla HCPL View Post
    I'm not mising the point you're trying to make at all. I didn't say you WOULD have an injury. I said you'd increase your chances of having an injury. Even Big Al's working on his set-up (now) because he knows he's limiting himself and rolling the dice more with an old school bodybuilder style. Go ahead and bench however you want to. It really doesn't matter to me. Besides, if you refuse to learn how to bench like a benchpress competitor, you'll have an excellent ego defense for when you have to face the fact that the elite lifters are so, so much stronger than you are. You can say it's their "arching trickery" that moves all of that weight and you can fool yourself into thinking that you COULD bench that kind of weight, but you don't because you only train to "increase your strength" and you don't use that leg drive to help out either.

I'm sure you could hang on stage with Big Al someday, but you chose the harder path of the 200 something pound, no leg drive, flat benching warrior bro! Keep your head Brah.
    what about bench shirt trickery? is it true that my shirt will move all the weight for me and I'm living a life of lies?
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla Seanzilla HCPL's Avatar
    Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    what about bench shirt trickery? is it true that my shirt will move all the weight for me and I'm living a life of lies?
    No, a bench shirt won't move ALL of the weight for you. There's a whole world between ALL and NONE. I hope you're able to see that someday. It's a sign of intelligence to be able to do so.

And you might be living a lie? Are you a closet homosexual? Are you pretending to be happy in your career while secretly yearning to join the travelling circus? This question isn't for a powerlifting forum. You need to look inwards to find these answers.

JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000) JacobRothenberg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, a bench shirt won't move ALL of the weight for you. There's a whole world between ALL and NONE. I hope you're able to see that someday. It's a sign of intelligence to be able to do so.

And you might be living a lie? Are you a closet homosexual? Are you pretending to be happy in your career while secretly yearning to join the travelling circus? This question isn't for a powerlifting forum. You need to look inwards to find these answers.
    y u always mad tho
    Elite Raw Powerlifter

633 / 418 / 633 - 1686 Raw (Wraps) @ 242

The Muscle Bear | Discover Your Powerlifting Potential

http://www.themusclebear.com

Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500) Seanzilla HCPL is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JacobRothenberg View Post
    y u always mad tho

martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fawking lol'ed
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129669663

Lifts on IG: martinwongwc

RAWWW turned raw w/ wraps turned SingleplytillIdie

dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dan_g_28 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lovemyar15 View Post
    His strength is impressive to say the least. You are missing the point I was making...You said the only reason I wasn't getting injured is because I was benching low weight of 265. I said it might be low weight for alot of people, but it certainly wasn't light weight for me personally. You went on to say if I ever made it to where I was benching over 500 I would have an injury with that technique. Clearly this guy has done alot of benching in his life and has probably been over 500 for some time. I'm not arguing the point that if he used more arch and leg drive that his bench numbers would probably go up substantially. I have no desire to ever compete, but only to increase my strength so it doesn't really matter to me about doing things to reduce my range of motion. I do love watching guys with brute strength perform amazing lifts tho it's good entertainment for me since I don't even have TV and it's motivation as well.
    In my opinion, one of the reasons he can get away with flat backed benching is because his chest is so enormous. Pause the video when the weight is on his chest and compare where his elbows are in relation to the pad of the bench. Its tough to tell exactly where they are because of the angle of the camera, but they appear to be no lower than the bottom of the pad. Now you tape yourself benching flat backed and compare. I promise they will be below that pad, probably well below, and therefore increasing the rotation of your shoulder joint itself, and in turn, increasing your risk of injury. As Al betters his form, his ROM will be reduced that much more and his elbows in relation to the pad on the bench will be that much higher.
    Btw, that press was insane.
    570/500/715 - Best Gym Lifts @ 225 raw

My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154521413&p=1087393603#post1087393603

Youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dan200428?feature=mhee

lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not mising the point you're trying to make at all. I didn't say you WOULD have an injury. I said you'd increase your chances of having an injury. Even Big Al's working on his set-up (now) because he knows he's limiting himself and rolling the dice more with an old school bodybuilder style. Go ahead and bench however you want to. It really doesn't matter to me. Besides, if you refuse to learn how to bench like a benchpress competitor, you'll have an excellent ego defense for when you have to face the fact that the elite lifters are so, so much stronger than you are. You can say it's their "arching trickery" that moves all of that weight and you can fool yourself into thinking that you COULD bench that kind of weight, but you don't because you only train to "increase your strength" and you don't use that leg drive to help out either.

I'm sure you could hang on stage with Big Al someday, but you chose the harder path of the 200 something pound, no leg drive, flat benching warrior bro! Keep your head up Brah.
    lol...you don't know what kind of person I am I'm not making excuses for being a 150 pound weakling I'm only looking to improve my personal strength because I know I will never be as strong as the guy in this video. I was only pointing out how you were ready to hang me previously over my bench press form, but didn't initially have the same criticism of this guy when he used the same technique even tho he is lifting a s*** ton more weight. I'm only a novice been doing powerlifting routines for about 10 months now still just trying to learn.

Originally Posted by dan_g_28 View Post
    In my opinion, one of the reasons he can get away with flat backed benching is because his chest is so enormous. Pause the video when the weight is on his chest and compare where his elbows are in relation to the pad of the bench. Its tough to tell exactly where they are because of the angle of the camera, but they appear to be no lower than the bottom of the pad. Now you tape yourself benching flat backed and compare. I promise they will be below that pad, probably well below, and therefore increasing the rotation of your shoulder joint itself, and in turn, increasing your risk of injury. As Al betters his form, his ROM will be reduced that much more and his elbows in relation to the pad on the bench will be that much higher.
    Btw, that press was insane.
    Did you read this man's post lovemyar15? Hopefully he's able to clear things up for you (quality post Dan G.)

lol...you don't know what kind of person I am I'm not making excuses for being a 150 pound weakling I'm only looking to improve my personal strength because I know I will never be as strong as the guy in this video. I was only pointing out how you were ready to hang me previously over my bench press form, but didn't initially have the same criticism of this guy when he used the same technique even tho he is lifting a s*** ton more weight. I'm only a novice been doing powerlifting routines for about 10 months now still just trying to learn.
    No, I was trying to help you. I told you to learn how to maximize your leverages and help to prevent injuries.

Big Al's being told the same thing by Josh Bryant (Al already knew this though and that's one of the reasons he hired Bryant for coaching.)

Both you and Davis are being advised to do the same thing; change from classic bodybuilding style to raw powerlifting style.

lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lovemyar15 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, I was trying to help you. I told you to learn how to maximize your leverages and help to prevent injuries.

Big Al's being told the same thing by Josh Bryant (Al already knew this though and that's one of the reasons he hired Bryant for coaching.)

Both you and Davis are being advised to do the same thing; change from classic bodybuilding style to raw powerlifting style.
    Ok cool I was just looking for a consistent answer because the way I looked at it was that technique shouldn't change whether you are doing 265 or 670. Honestly I can't even put my feet flat on the floor with the bench I'm using because I'm to short...lol...I can only reach the balls of my feet, but not put them flat unless I arch up with my butt off the bench. So I just worked with what I could and developed the technique I've been using. Also the lift in this thread in my opinion is one of the most impressive bench presses I've seen even tho in the eyes of a seasoned powerlifter it would be considered improper or less than perfect form.

Ok cool I was just looking for a consistent answer because the way I looked at it was that technique shouldn't change whether you are doing 265 or 670. Honestly I can't even put my feet flat on the floor with the bench I'm using because I'm to short...lol...I can only reach the balls of my feet, but not put them flat unless I arch up with my butt off the bench.
    It's legal to put blocks on the ground so you're able to place your feet down flat. If you don't want to bother with getting/making blocks, you can use 45 pound weight plates.

BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok cool I was just looking for a consistent answer because the way I looked at it was that technique shouldn't change whether you are doing 265 or 670. Honestly I can't even put my feet flat on the floor with the bench I'm using because I'm to short...lol...I can only reach the balls of my feet, but not put them flat unless I arch up with my butt off the bench. So I just worked with what I could and developed the technique I've been using. Also the lift in this thread in my opinion is one of the most impressive bench presses I've seen even tho in the eyes of a seasoned powerlifter it would be considered improper or less than perfect form.
    This thread is about Al Davis and his 670lb Bench Press. Not YOU. Take your fighting somewhere else
    RAW ELITE OR DIE

1603 @ 242, raw (4-16-16)

"You can be 175 pounds SHREDDED, but with a T shirt on you just look like a skinny *******" - Mark Ripptoe

Here's a video clip House of Pain just emailed me. This is Big Al throwing around 315 pounds over at Metroflex Gym in Arlington.

dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigLarge View Post
    This thread is about Al Davis and his 670lb Bench Press. Not YOU. Take your fighting somewhere else
    X2...damn
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do DEADLIFT"--Jon Pall Sigmarsson

1829@230 raw
    622/380/826

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dtrouttpowerlifter

Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

610 opener
    All Time WR Squat: 785 @ 220 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GtHNRdHeM
    Powerlifting Coach At Complete Human Performance (www.completehumanperformance.com)
    WongStwongTraining@gmail.com

dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Big Sexy J View Post

610 opener
    if they wanted to be picky they could have called him for moving his feet. but damn he is a strong bencher, anyone know if he does squats and deads too?
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do DEADLIFT"--Jon Pall Sigmarsson

1829@230 raw
    622/380/826

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dtrouttpowerlifter

kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kinggorilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a true titan.i bought that metroflex book by josh bryant and the bench routines are way differnt then anything ive seen alot of ab work which makes sense for stability.he also trains ben graves who hit 615 raw aswell.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kinggorilla View Post
    a true titan.i bought that metroflex book by josh bryant and the bench routines are way differnt then anything ive seen alot of ab work which makes sense for stability.he also trains ben graves who hit 615 raw aswell.
    Yea that book was very interesting

xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol at the picture of sean.
    granted thats the ONLY thing hes ever done that dont piss me off. good job sean, made me laugh. i dont hate you (as much) any more.
    Best meet lifts (all raw): 865 squat, 565 bench, 720 deadlift.
    Best meet total: 2110

Gym lifts: 903 squat, 565 bench, 725 deadlift.

Instagram @bigfatfuk