View Poll Results: water or milk?

Voters
3820. You may not vote on this poll
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alm21 View Post
    I mix mine with water in the morning and take it with me in a cooler and drink pre & post workout late in the day. Does anyone know if whey protein losses potency after sitting in water all day? Should it be consumed immediately after mixing?
    I blend my shake in the morning and don't drink it until about 4pm. The ingredients settle a little, but a quick shake and it's all mixed again, and tastes fine.

alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alm21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    I blend my shake in the morning and don't drink it until about 4pm. The ingredients settle a little, but a quick shake and it's all mixed again, and tastes fine.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing too and it tastes fine (if I let it sit for 24hrs it tastes a little funky). I've assumed it's ok for it to sit as I see the prepackaged/bottled protein drinks and I figured that can't be much different from what I'm doing. In fact those drinks sit longer. It's just been a lingering question I have. I would hate to find out that I am supposed to drink it immediately after mixing since I rarely do that. I haven't found any information stating that it must be consumed immediately after mixing or the protein looses it's "potency" - I just came across a old thread where a guy said he came across some info stating it does loose it's effectiveness.
    Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to do milk, but now I do water + scoop of gatorade powder.
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    water post-workout, milk anytime else.
    ^^^

lpointer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Psyko

I mix with Milk always. Water is just to disgusting. By the way, Vanilla Whey is also pretty bogus tasting. I mix 60 to 80 grams (3-4 scoops) PWO with about 24 oz. fat free milk. Fills me up till well past lunch, then I usually eat a bunch of fruit.
    psyko

ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    psycho?

Location: hope valley, derbyshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jmfrescue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

milk

Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    water post-workout, milk anytime else.

and yeah, 5'8" 139, you should be mixing it with milk, peanut butter, oats, fruit, and anything else you can stuff in a blender.
    if using milk keep your cardio vas up or you will see the dreaded belly

Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use water because I actually like the taste better. Also if you use a casein or a blend that has a good amount of casein, milk can make it pretty darn thick.

JasperChan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use the IsoNatural unflavored, even though everyone told me to get the chocolate, because a) 93% protein vs 90% for any other flavor; b) i prefer bland than risk sth disgusting

I heard that mixing it with milk is bad after a workout, due to slower digestion or something. If that's true, then that sucks, cuz whey actually tastes good with milk, like liquid cream cheese...

only 6lbs of pressure calmlikewind's Avatar
    calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) calmlikewind is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    water lulz
    ASOT Crew| [IIFYM Crew]|alanaragonblog.com|The Legion of Good Samaritans |*Knee Draggers Crew*|☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆|++positive crew++| la vérité

Speak or act with a pure mind
    And happiness will follow you
    As your shadow, unshakable.

you ever down or depressed you can talk to someone about it!

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by os90 View Post
    what do you mix your whey with, milk or water? Thought i'd create a poll to see what the majority mixes with.

I use water atm but if i use semi-skimmed milk will it make me fat?
    2%4l

Engineering Master Race

srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) srt33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    water because i cant afford the extra calories until my comp is over. When it is, milk all the way
    "The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Water on CKD cut
    0% Milk on Bulk

Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Champion510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
    I use water because milk costs too much.
    Seriously? Milk costs much? that's a first I've heard of this.. Milk is the cheapest kind of protein you can buy after eggs. Don't be silly.
    Bay Area Web Marketing, Web Design, SEO Company
    http://www.searchreadyseo.com

Go Green with CIWA
    http://www.ciwainc.com

#1 Free Online Video Dating Site
    http://www.reelspark.com

ChrisC96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Whey with water, Casein with whole milk.

For taste, milk all the way. All though I'm having second thoughts on that. I just read on a bodybuilding article that milk is made up of Casein protein. So summed up, Casein protein will slow down the Whey isolate going to your muscles (which is what your muscles need desperately after a work out). I literally just read this after having a MyoFusion shake for my post workout with whole milk. From now on, I'm going to have my Whey Isolate shake for my post workout with water. My Casein shake before bed will be with whole milk though since they're both Casein Protein. Hope this helps your workout advance.
    The article I read on the site was titled "Casein Vs. Whey?" (Just search "Whey vs Casein" on the bodybuilding site and it should be the first link)

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ChrisC96 View Post
    For taste, milk all the way. All though I'm having second thoughts on that. I just read on a bodybuilding article that milk is made up of Casein protein. So summed up, Casein protein will slow down the Whey isoulate going to your muscles (which is what your muscles need desperately after a work out). I literally just read this after having a MyoFusion shake for my post workout with whole milk. From now on, I'm going to have my Whey Isolate shake for my post workout with water. My Casein shake before bed will be with whole milk though since they're both Casein Protein. Hope this helps your workout advance.
    The article I read on the site was titled "Casein Vs. Whey?" (Just search "Whey vs Casein" on the bodybuilding site and it should be the first link)
    9 month bump?
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Water: Post workout or whenever mixing a protein shake.
    Milk : Before bed
    IForce Nutrition Compete Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145939303

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GabrielC11 View Post
    Water: Post workout or whenever mixing a protein shake.
    Milk : Before bed
    Another one?
    Doesn't anyone realize this thread was made in 2007 when people still thought meal timing was important and brown rice had magical powers?
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

ChrisC96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BDeblo View Post
    Another one?
    Doesn't anyone realize this thread was made in 2007 when people still thought meal timing was important and brown rice had magical powers?
    I guess I was still under my rock lol.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Epic bump.

But I always mix mine with milk. Skim to be specific.
    Just a weight lifter

krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krankd24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use water, I get an upset stomach when I take it with milk but it's so much better with milk

airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) airpeters01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Usually water but I prefer milk.

cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cupster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I blend my whey with milk, peanut butter and bananas for my first meal. It's delicious.

merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000) merse is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Has always been water as I was stupid enough to be scared of carbs! Recently I've been having it with a frozen banana, milk, water and pb! With added xanrhum gum and it's awesome

Although if out and about or at work it's water as I don't trust work milk
    -->>MMC<<--
    "Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island."

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, ancient thread revived. I typically use milk when I'm bulking or maintaining because I don't mind the carbs, but if I'm cutting or something, I use water to get the max quantity of protein per calories.

admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250) admirza has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    water always...sadly can't fit milk into my diet accept for 1/2 cup in the morning...

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by admirza View Post
    water always...sadly can't fit milk into my diet accept for 1/2 cup in the morning...
    Just curious, but why is that...? Ideally you should be able to fit pretty much anything into your diet by swapping something out, especially once in a while to keep the variety up.

Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Luckydawg003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use 2% milk all the time. Tastes good. Am I not supposed to use milk after my workout? I just ran 5k today and drinking whey protein shake in milk.

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice thread revival.
    Whey in GY.
    *EDM KREW*
    *Positive Krew*
    *Minotaur kREw*
    *President of Mr.Cooper's Fan Klub krEW*

Tomhirst111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Got to be whole milk, when mixed with water it comes out quicker than it goes in, for me.