jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

rippetoe question (reps)

for those of you who have 'starting strength', i was told in the section on squatting that rippetoe suggests elevating the toes (balls of the feet) to aid in leaning back (to prevent too much forward lean).

can someone tell me exactly what he recommends?
    should this practice be stopped after some time or is it ok to continue?

my squats are way better when i elevate my toes but i am wondering if i should break myself of this?
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is a sample of the recommended form: (right click, save target as)

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-video/backsquat.mpg
    Last edited by Canadian Iron; 07-27-2007 at 10:31 AM.

jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamiesona will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your form is better with your toes elevated, then I see nothing wrong with keeping them elevated.
    "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the bastards, all I want is the truth"

I rep back 100%!

I owe reps to:

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think, IIRC, that he mentiones lifting the toes if you have problems driving th eweight up with the bottom of your heels....

i dont think i'd be lifting my toes up for any other reason as balance may become an issue....
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks for the responses!
    i was hoping that somebody could tell me what 'starting strength' had to say about it as well...
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24