Closed Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    The Muscle Daredevil Apacalypto's Avatar
    Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've heard of countless ways to bust through plateaus. Some include training with kettlebells if your having trouble gaining strength. Others include taking a week off before attempting to get bigger/stronger. It seems unlikely that I haven't heard of this before. Nonetheless, great job with the post. How long have you been deloading for as compared to how long you've been training with weights?
    http://www.RapidMuscleRecovery.com - You want me to do what?!

JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50) JacobOno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first day back at it after about 10 days off.. felt good, strong, like i never missed a beat!
    bi***, you wasn't with me squattin' in the gym.

COLTS // PACERS

Manning // Oladipo // D. Rose

Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Def gonna implement this into my routine, thanks so much!!

Location: Rossendale, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    3dsean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fantastic post, I was considering having a week off training as of next Monday when I am getting a rotten tooth pulled out defo will be taking the week off after reading this advice. Cheers!

Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brianm1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So do all de-loads have to be rapid like this article posted on the first page?

Or can I just do what the VOX stated instead?

DONTREAD0NME has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read, thank you

BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlingthaBeast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow very useful!!!! now i know what to do when im having no progress!!

scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) scubapro1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Glad I found this, going on vacation next week anyways. Perfect time to deload eh?
    *Certified Cardio Bunny Crew*
    *Blake Bortles future GOAT Crew*
    US Navy

CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CBPride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good stuff!!

Product Reviews Mod HackSquat Heather's Avatar
    HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000) HackSquat Heather is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great post!

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HackSquat Heather View Post
    Great post!
    A mod with zero rep points. mind=blown

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HackSquat Heather View Post
    Great post!
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    A mod with zero rep points. mind=blown
    Yeah, that's a new one.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    does deloading last afull week or what?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"---Aristotle

I REP BACK

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476414291#post476414291

youtube channel----http://www.youtube.com/user/dschnizzle24

flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50) flexworth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great thread! I find that I need to de-load about every 6-8 weeks. You really have to be in tune with your body. For me, the times I felt I needed to back off but didn't, I actually got a little weaker.
    Jason Stallworth

Owner of TheMuscleProgram.com
    www.themuscleprogram.com

'Do or do not; there is no try.' - Master Yoda

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great stuff!!!

I just started a new routine that is high volume.
    So I know I'm going to need a deload in about 4-6 weeks.

I've never officially had one before. I've dropped weights for a week or so because of injuries. Next time around I hope to be smart enough to deload and prevent the injury

RulkSmash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

been a while...

Since I've 'de-loaded'.... I'm soooo gunna do this next week! I need a much needed break, my body does too.

Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont understand the purpose of deloading. is it more benefitial to just take a week off or just do this? need help pleaseee lol
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"---Aristotle

I REP BACK

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476414291#post476414291

youtube channel----http://www.youtube.com/user/dschnizzle24

silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000) silly_sally808 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely going to take this week as a deloading week. Going through a plateau, and been wondering why...eating a lot more, saw more progression, but those trips to the chiropractor don't lie.

mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I'm going through a plateau on my bench. I've been training at 80-90% for at least 3 months now (stupid i know). And I've been making great gains. But all of a sudden I'm seeing less reps and more struggling. I usually do a 5x5 routine. So should I drop the weight to about 60% of that and keep with 5 reps or do more reps on my deload week? Thanks.

rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mupepe View Post
    So I'm going through a plateau on my bench. I've been training at 80-90% for at least 3 months now (stupid i know). And I've been making great gains. But all of a sudden I'm seeing less reps and more struggling. I usually do a 5x5 routine. So should I drop the weight to about 60% of that and keep with 5 reps or do more reps on my deload week? Thanks.
    Dude take a week off from lifting. I just went on vacation for 2 weeks, so took the time to let my body recuperate. I have come back stronger and with a renewed vigour for smashing the weights again!

Try it mate, it will do you some good to let your CNS recover. Just remember to keep your diet in check and all will be well - think of it as a "growing week"
    [QUOTE=kusok;566005183]Jaw is important, I want all the bitches to see my jacked and sliced jaw-lines when I chew!

I do jaw 2x per week. My jaw day:
    - talk **** 3-4 sets of 10-12 minutes, 1 min rest between sets
    - weighted yawns 2-3 sets to failure
    - lower jaw push-press
    - hard bites[/QUOTE]

TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheMatzah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Smile

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Introduction:

Why should you De-Load:
    • To allow your joints, tendons, ligaments, and other supporting tissues to repair.
    • To allow your central nervous system (CNS) to recover
    • To give yourself a mental break from the intensity of heavy lifting
    • To reduce the risk of under-recovery (overtraining)
    • To prepare you for greater gains
    Experienced lifters know that you can't go 100% all out in the gym all the time. Your body can't take it, and you can't keep up that mental intensity forever. If you try to, you often wind up getting injured, start just "going through the motions" in your workouts, stall out in your progression, and perhaps even give up completely.

If you de-load at regular intervals, you will find that over time you will make better progress, reduce your injuries, and keep yourself in the game mentally.

This is great, and I'm seeing this as I end my lighter weight/deload week. Thank you for posting this, much appreciated!

ricanontherun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Nice

Many of my questions were answered with this post, thanks

mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mupepe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rikrodgers View Post
    Dude take a week off from lifting. I just went on vacation for 2 weeks, so took the time to let my body recuperate. I have come back stronger and with a renewed vigour for smashing the weights again!

Try it mate, it will do you some good to let your CNS recover. Just remember to keep your diet in check and all will be well - think of it as a "growing week"
    I know I'm replying late, but I took your advice and just took a whole week off. I was really skeptical at first and kept worrying about losing strength and gaining fat. I lost 2 lbs and when I lifted last night after a full week off I still matched my PR for bench press. Thanks! Im a believer in deloading now. I feel so much better

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    completely agree. i do need to chill out. it's hard though once you get into the lifting mood too much. gotta hit the sauna more i guess.

Registered User Addicted2Iron01's Avatar
    Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Addicted2Iron01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Just come back from a complete week off, left behind some niggling injuries and ready to make some more serious progress over the coming months!

brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good thread

ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ibringtheheat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    After deloading for a week, what % of the previous week do you come back at? 75% 90% 100% of what you were plateauing at?

Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    !!!!
    "hearts on fire strong desire"

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Revisiting this due to a debate having with others

Is there any evidence other than anecdotal of the efficacy of a deload

More importantly for my particular debate - do any of the successful competitors use this?

References?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    Revisiting this due to a debate having with others

Is there any evidence other than anecdotal of the efficacy of a deload

More importantly for my particular debate - do any of the successful competitors use this?

References?
    Bob, considering all the titles you've won in bodybuilding, ask yourself: Do I deload, or do I not? If you do not, then you've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's not necessary. If you do, then you've proven that it works.

Until you find a more successful competitor to model your training after, go with what has been proven to work for you.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)