desperado618 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

torn rotator cuff rehab

I have had several sports related surgeries and have decided that I will not go under the knife for my most recent injury. I have torn tissue in my right shoulder (most likely the Rotator). Though it hurts when im doing shoulder excersizes (overhead pulls/ shoulder press) it gives me the most pain when im working m chest (bench, incline). Can anyone recommend an excersizes or provie any advice that could assist me in rehabbing my shoulder?

Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevin M is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have not had this diagnosed yet, but I am experiencing roughly the same pain.

It started with barbell bench press, hurt in my left shoulder, particularly right after I was done my set. Then it started to hurt doing dumbell presses and now I can't do dips and shoulder presses.

I've taken some time off and avoided all of those exercizes, but when I try to revisit any of those lifts, the pain is instantly back.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by desperado618 View Post
    I have had several sports related surgeries and have decided that I will not go under the knife for my most recent injury. I have torn tissue in my right shoulder (most likely the Rotator). Though it hurts when im doing shoulder excersizes (overhead pulls/ shoulder press) it gives me the most pain when im working m chest (bench, incline). Can anyone recommend an excersizes or provie any advice that could assist me in rehabbing my shoulder?
    Exactly what tissues have been torn??

If it is capsular tissue, rehab alone is likely to have a poor result.

If it is a tear of the rotator cuff muscles, which is possible at your age, then a tear over 1cm in length would probably require surgery.

What is the proposed surgery?
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au