Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Just passed NASM cert. quite easily!

Studied up to the beginning of the special populations chapter writing my own thorough notes and VERY detailed outline for 2 months...
    then laid off the studying for another 1.5 months and...
    registered for exam then went on from the special populations section till the end of the book in the 2 weeks without writing down notes anymore and also while going over all of my own notes...

didn't do the workbook, didn't do the practice exam, did look at every video along with the section, and read the whole book

finished exam in 50 minutes along with revisions

many questions were quite general, some I thought could have two answers, and then some were very specific and annoying (numbers), some answers can be figured out if you have general intelligence and can figure things out logically but might not exactly remember the definition, many questions were asked about the first phase of training STABILIZATION, the muscle imbalance assessment questions can be answered easily if you have an understanding about what muscle actions each muscle, I expected them to be harder and more numerous because everyone seems to fret over these

I think the test was not hard, just annoying at times, I think I over-studied if I just wanted to pass but that's not the point.I'm glad I prepared well. I think that in order to do well in practice (training), just passing, or just wanting to pass the exam is not enough. I feel that you could pass the exam and still not be a good trainer. I felt the need to read everything in depth because after all I am quite interested in the topics that were offered. I feel that I must continually learn more and that reading the details of the material will only help me in the long run.

Eventually I'm looking forwards to a high level cert. such as NSCA's CPT or CSCS if I plan to continue as a trainer for a long time

suggestions:study,write notes,watch videos and

BE CAREFUL WITH THE BOOK, IT HAS ERRORS WHEN IT COMES TO SOME VALUES IN THE CHARTS, IT WILL SAY SOMETHING IN THE TEXT AND THEN HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN THE CHART, THE DVD FIXES THIS SOMETIMES....SOMETIMES THE DVD IS DIFFERENT such as the maximum strength resistance training tempo being 1/1/1 in the TEXT and being x/x/x in the DVD (the DVD correctly explains that the tempo will be as explosively as possible but that the weight will be so heavy that the bar will not be moving at a great speed as to differentiate "as explosively as possible" in the Power phase and Max Strength phase)

I also looked over the notes that I found roaming around the forum to compare to my own, my own were a lot more thorough but it did highlight some important points to consider in passing the exam, Thank You
    if your guns are bigger than your neck, you've got a problem

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you must have an old edition of the book; the new one says X-X-X on page 350 for acute variables in maximum strength training.

Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    you must have an old edition of the book; the new one says X-X-X on page 350 for acute variables in maximum strength training.
    oh snap...lol
    confirmed, I have two "editions" then (both 3rd though and both say 2008) and was using the one that I got online

the book I got from NASM does say x/x/x
    the older says 1/1/1

the book I got from NASM also fixed the Cardiorespiratory stage 3 chart on page 188

I guess these differences within the same 3rd. Ed. text are something to consider when trying to read up ahead by getting the book on eBay for example, I picked up on a bunch of these when comparing the book to the DVDs

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on passing with such ease.

My test is set for the 15th of next month and I'm hopeful that directly afterward I'll be able to change my signature to NASM CPT.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a little off topic, but I have to take some preliminary exams in economics in order to continue in my PhD program. I hope I have as much success as you had. Good Job mate!

Originally Posted by Mr_Kinney View Post
    Congrats on passing with such ease.

My test is set for the 15th of next month and I'm hopeful that directly afterward I'll be able to change my signature to NASM CPT.
    thanks, yessir; I hope that my little certificate comes in the mail soon and I am updated on the website too, It doesn't feel official unless you get that paper

best of luck on those exams chrisboudreaux, you're going for a degree that almost stands for expert status in your field, as long as you study with the intent of mastery and do actually master the material, you're set...that's how I think about it

k1ng21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you wanna dish out them notes of yours? and congrats sounds like it's not a problem for you. you shouldn't be to worried for the next tests

GstaRt2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Have you started to work yet?as a trainer in a gym?Just purchased. how long did it take you to study?

Originally Posted by k1ng21 View Post
    you wanna dish out them notes of yours? and congrats sounds like it's not a problem for you. you shouldn't be to worried for the next tests
    the notes are in my notebook and pretty much anything that sounded interesting or seemed important
    there are some NASM notes floating around here though, I think you can search for them

Originally Posted by GstaRt2 View Post
    Have you started to work yet?as a trainer in a gym?Just purchased. how long did it take you to study?
    nope,not yet; I plan on getting into it in a couple of weeks, graduate university in May, lose a bit of body fat, look my best, apply, and do lots of planning on how I will conduct my training and start to look into marketing and how to start up a website and such

the big facts are in my first post

in the last two weeks I studied a total of about 4-5 days, each day I would do 5-6 "circuits" of 15 minutes of really quick intense studying and scratch paper note taking (no more outline) followed by 5 minutes of rest.... so 2.5-3 hours of intense studying on each study day...I like the quick pace of the 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes off instead of doing 45 minutes and then taking 15 minutes off

kept me refreshed and kept me sharp
    Last edited by Billy_Gunn; 04-15-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Sup with notes um for passing will try sighning up for test soon. Something more like on topics or is it really just in this format,Reasearch Questions 20 Assessment 25, Exercise Technique 25, Program Desighn, Nutrition 10, client relations & administraion, Professional Practice & Responsibility 5 ?? How where the questions um in that order any pictures of muscle questions? Moral questions was it?definitions?any grams for carbohydrates?diets questions?thanks for post and feedback

Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fit1NYC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Billy_Gunn View Post
    the notes are in my notebook and pretty much anything that sounded interesting or seemed important
    there are some NASM notes floating around here though, I think you can search for them

nope,not yet; I plan on getting into it in a couple of weeks, graduate university in May, lose a bit of body fat, look my best, apply, and do lots of planning on how I will conduct my training and start to look into marketing and how to start up a website and such

the big facts are in my first post

in the last two weeks I studied a total of about 4-5 days, each day I would do 5-6 "circuits" of 15 minutes of really quick intense studying and scratch paper note taking (no more outline) followed by 5 minutes of rest.... so 2.5-3 hours of intense studying on each study day...I like the quick pace of the 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes off instead of doing 45 minutes and then taking 15 minutes off

kept me refreshed and kept me sharp
    HIIT studying...i like it

Dooeug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Grats on the pass man, I'm planning on purchasing the NASM stuff here shortly can't wait!

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fit1NYC View Post
    HIIT studying...i like it
    Haha! That's hilarious... repped.

Just passed NASM cert. quite easily!

hey so what can you expect working at a local gym, weekly pay? any hints? or personal trainers?another question i was searching to be answered thanks.

It's all about the peaks GBLynden's Avatar
    GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GBLynden has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Billy_Gunn View Post
    thanks, yessir; I hope that my little certificate comes in the mail soon and I am updated on the website too, It doesn't feel official unless you get that paper

best of luck on those exams chrisboudreaux, you're going for a degree that almost stands for expert status in your field, as long as you study with the intent of mastery and do actually master the material, you're set...that's how I think about it
    Mine took FOREVER to show up. It sure looks nice though
    CPT, CES, and FNS
    *RC Planes Crew*
    *Forbidden Hobbies Crew*

Learn about RC Flight: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180955113&p=1653577913#post1653577913

Join the Forbidden Hobbies Crew: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150920093&p=1005801753#post1005801753

Originally Posted by GstaRt2 View Post
    hey so what can you expect working at a local gym, weekly pay? any hints? or personal trainers?another question i was searching to be answered thanks.
    use the search tool and stop spamming all the threads with this irrelevant question. Its been posted 100s of times. Negged.

thanks

Ah lame.... I just saw this on the NASM website...

NASM will not certify anyone who has been convicted of, plead guilty to, or plead nolo contendere (no contest) to a felony or misdemeanor. Misdemeanors may be appealed to the NASM BOC by the candidate. Please see the NASM CPT Certification Handbook for more information.

I got a misdemeanor back in october which is going to a infraction in 18 months from october.... it was only Disturbing the Peace. Which was really lame. But ya could I still get certified???

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dooeug View Post

NASM will not certify anyone who has been convicted of, plead guilty to, or plead nolo contendere (no contest) to a felony or misdemeanor. Misdemeanors may be appealed to the NASM BOC by the candidate. Please see the NASM CPT Certification Handbook for more information.

I got a misdemeanor back in october which is going to a infraction in 18 months from october.... it was only Disturbing the Peace. Which was really lame. But ya could I still get certified???
    Wow, that really sucks! I got a misdemeanor about 26 months ago...
    IG: chaseirons
    SC: chaseirons

10,000 calorie challenge #1
    https://youtu.be/E1b3hP4IAgg

10,000 calorie challenge #2
    http://youtu.be/o6yhpK84d9U

Fast food challenge
    https://youtu.be/xw1sF0kwpSY

Ya will I still be able to get certified??? wow thats horse **** if I cant just because of a little misdemeanor........ So gay I was excited about buying it tonight to..then found that crap...

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This is one of those things they will look over how the fuk are they going to know if you have been in any kind of trouble... ive had a DUI and convicted of three misdemeanors. No one has questioned me on my cert
    Owner of some cool companies.

- Haters Make Us Famous -
    ***DSC***

asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asto_86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TJB85 View Post
    This is one of those things they will look over how the fuk are they going to know if you have been in any kind of trouble... ive had a DUI and convicted of three misdemeanors. No one has questioned me on my cert
    You did that before certification?
    IG: chaseirons
    SC: chaseirons

10,000 calorie challenge #1
    https://youtu.be/E1b3hP4IAgg

10,000 calorie challenge #2
    http://youtu.be/o6yhpK84d9U

Fast food challenge
    https://youtu.be/xw1sF0kwpSY

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is new because so many ex-cons are getting certified. This is a new phenomenon. Weird huh?!?
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by asto_86 View Post
    You did that before certification?
    Yea i was in some trouble befor i got my cert. i know most gyms do not do back ground checks. Im a mbr on the nasm board and ill ask and see what a mod has in response to this issue. this has me a little twisted.

***DSC***

Alright thanks alot man! I'd rep you but I have none haha.

Alright thanks alot man! I'd rep you but I have none haha.
    Its all good.

I just called a buddy of mine who is also a NASM CPT and he told me FUK that they can not Certify you if your paying for your testing.

He told me most places will run a back ground check on you if the gym is really up tight and feels like they need to. But as for NASM-CPT they have no desire to turn anyone's money away.

Most trainers i know are not the perfect type of person "Ruff Necks" IE Partyers

I also looked in my Hand Book and see nothing stating this as well. Only suggestion i would make is if your really concern about this issue (i think its false) when you order call and place the order but ask them how big of a deal this is.

***DSC***

Originally Posted by TJB85 View Post
    Its all good.

I just called a buddy of mine who is also a NASM CPT and he told me FUK that they can not Certify you if your paying for your testing.

He told me most places will run a back ground check on you if the gym is really up tight and feels like they need to. But as for NASM-CPT they have no desire to turn anyone's money away.

Most trainers i know are not the perfect type of person "Ruff Necks" IE Partyers

I also looked in my Hand Book and see nothing stating this as well. Only suggestion i would make is if your really concern about this issue (i think its false) when you order call and place the order but ask them how big of a deal this is.
    Ya, oh well a back round check wont be to bad its only Disturbing the peace and when I explain what happened they will think its a joke.

Ya I'm just gonna call customer support on it tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks again

hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good job man on passing. I took my test yesterday the 20th for the first time and passed. It was not that bad but there were some hard questions on there lol!

I think CES is next for me..

Sweet talked to the board today they said its no big deal, only hard core felonies and misdemeanors will prevent you from getting certified.

Sweet talked to the board today they said its no big deal, only hard core felonies and misdemeanors will prevent you from getting certified.
    Yea i called today too they told me the same thing.

***DSC***