Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10) PK-V is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up O/T: Any life lessons you can offer us youngsters?

Im 19 have 67euro cash to my name in college living life one day at a time

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Never trust anyone under thirty.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Didn't we do this a month ago?

Dentures always go in the short wide glass, drinking water in the tall thin one.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

SDIORESUSGAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    Some information that may possibly help you:

Figure out what you wanna do with your life then dont be afraid to go after it.

Make up your mind and dont let others sway you from it IF its really something you wanna do or is not an absurd idea.

Think before you act, sounds easy but ALOT of people just "do", there can be consequences for decisions based on haste.

Surround yourself with only good people, if someone is using you or you think that they want to use you then its probably true. dont just let anyone into your confidence.

Get an Education, can be during life and while you live but build up your knowledge and wisdom so that you can 1 day help others while helping yourself.

If you are not ready to be a DADDY, wear condoms or abstain from sex. Too many people get the life altering news when they are not really "ready" being a parent is a major responsibility and you OWE it to your kids to give it your best efforts... too many parents fail due to being immature, lazy, ignorant, or have no financial security.

good luck to you!!!

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    No matter how well you hide the bodies, someone is bound to find them.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Probably not any that anyone your age will listen to.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Life lessons..yea. I may not know how to get rid of my gut and get the body I want...BUT by GOD I know lessons.
    1. Do well in school
    2. Go in some branch of armed forces until you can retire with full benefits.
    3. Do go to school while in military and get a masters in something useful
    4. Get your finances and life in order.
    5. Have girlfriend,kids AFTER you have done 1-4

Live healthy, have fun, be respectful to others even if they have been disrespectful to you, be the bigger man, love yourself, love your kids, and your wife, never ever trust anyone that is supposed to be your "best friend"...In the end, they arent.
    Work hard but dont live to work. Live life and enjoy yourself.
    !!!!DONT LIKE ME?..DONT AGREE!!!...DONT CARE!!!!..."drops mic"...PEACEOUT!!!

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's 67 euroes worth nowadays? LMFAO Sounds like me at the end of the month! I would suggest calling a friend, family, that long lost brother or sister. Sounds like bodybuilding is the least of your concerns!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbland is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Probably not any that anyone your age will listen to.
    i need all the advice i can get.... and im willing to listen.

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Living life through shortcuts are only going to see short-term success in life with finances, family and health. By taking the shortcut you are going to be betting on winning the lottery. You'll still have a high percentage rate of being poor within three years of winning the damn lottery, taking shortcuts.

So...follow the rules in life and don't take shortcuts. You'll enjoy the solid foundation you build year after year after year, which will support you for a long successful journey.

A solid foundation is as solid as each honest year you choose to put into it!

It's no different than a w/o program!

Some people call it sacrifice, but I think it's just a matter of being honest with yourself everyday!

And, you can't fix other people's problems, so don't worry about them.
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

is epalhs spelt backward shlape's Avatar
    shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1) Don't accept what doctors tell you without question. Get 2nd, 3rd... 10th opinions instead of going with a 1st diagnosis. I know a number of people who had unnecessary procedures because they just believed the doc.

2) Invest your money. Try to limit blowing it on those amps and subwoofers for your rice-boy car. Investing early will make you less of the bank's b!tch when you look to buy a house.

3) Stay off my lawn!
    heh heh, I think that's IronCharles' line I'm recycling if I'm not mistaken.

...and keep that doof doof down. I recall a time when real people sang and played real instruments. They called it music ya know! and ... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    "All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy" - Woody's Chalkboard

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by shlape View Post
    1) 3) Stay off my lawn!
    heh heh, I think that's IronCharles' line I'm recycling if I'm not mistaken.
    I think that's the Claw of Death (to toasters) man. He stands on the front porch waving the claw, and the neighborhood children run screaming in terror....
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000) grindingitout is just really nice. (+1000)
    No life lessons to offer

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jbland View Post
    i need all the advice i can get.... and im willing to listen.
    Okay:

* Get an education. The more you learn about anything, the better off you'll be in the long run.

* Start planning for your future NOW. Save a little bit of money each week. Compound interest is your friend.

* You can avoid risky and dangerous behaviors and still have fun.

* Have respect for everyone, and be kind to everyone, even if they don't return the favor.

*This world of ours is a harsh place. Don't add to the problem.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 01-03-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Okay:

* Get an education. The more you learn about [i]anything,[i/] the better off you'll be in the long run.

* Start planning for your future NOW. Save a little bit of money each week. Compound interest is your friend.

* Have respect for everyone, and be kind to everyone, even if they don't return the favor.

*This world of ours is a harsh place. Don't add to the problem.
    nough said.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    get a job....
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shlape View Post
    2) Invest your money
    All 67euros...

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's two:

a) All of the above

b) Marry someone who is psychologically and emotionally stable. Make sure your future in-laws are emotionally and psychologically stable as well. The more stable your future wife and in-laws are, the happier you will be. Think with your BIG head, and not your LITTLE head.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Keep in mind the following:

1) The world owes you nothing.

2) Your job is to make your boss's life easier, not the other way around.

3) The only reason anyone wants to hire anyone is that they think they can make more money hiring that person than by not hiring that person.

4) Do a better job on any task assigned to you than was expected.
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

Loose rhymes with goose. Lose rhymes with ooze.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

How? Sort of kidding, because I don't think you can avoid "risky" behavior. You can minimize your chances of being seriously injured I suppose, but avoiding risk and danger? Can't imagine life without those two things.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not much older than you man, but I can tell you that I've learned all those lessons that your dad told you, and you thought that they couldn't be true (ie. shaving everyday) ARE TRUE!! and pay attention to everything, and try and learn/try something everyday.

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Enjoy those days while you can! Don't ever get caught doing things you shouldn't be doing. Funny I was just talking to my son that is home from college. I went to visit one weekend with a couple of his friends. He is doing great in school. At the same time he is living in an apartment. Beautiful girls and other kids his age coming and going. Lots of laughs. Huge parties. Only thing to worry about is school basically.

Wait until that is over and everyone is depending on you! Whole different life is ahead. Still good but you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    How? Sort of kidding, because I don't think you can avoid "risky" behavior. You can minimize your chances of being seriously injured I suppose, but avoiding risk and danger? Can't imagine life without those two things.
    I wrote that based on the age of the OP. I was specifically referring to alcohol and drug use, and having unprotected sex.

I could go on, but if you don't get the idea from those few, you won't get it from anything else I post.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000) older2533 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by older2533 View Post
    Keep in mind the following:

1) The world owes you nothing.

2) Your job is to make your boss's life easier, not the other way around.

3) The only reason anyone wants to hire anyone is that they think they can make more money hiring that person than by not hiring that person.

4) Do a better job on any task assigned to you than was expected.
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    That's depressing.
    It's depressing that you find that depressing. The world is the way it is, not the way you want it to be.
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

That's depressing.
    It's reality. The sooner you are able to deal with it in a positive manner, the better off you'll be.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Sorry if I find the concept of my job being to make my boss's life easier a bit depressing.
    Working to help your boss isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you and your supervisor are on the same page, working towards a common goal, it can be mutually beneficial.

And don't fall into that trap of being stuck in a job you hate. I thought it always went without saying that you should do what you like to do. If you do, the money and everything else will take care of itself.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Sorry if I find the concept of my job being to make my boss's life easier a bit depressing. I have always idealized the concept of being my own boss.

Will I have to pay my dues by working a steady job first? Yes. But I don't want to fall into the trap that many people I know have, which is working at a job they hate, hating their boss, feeling trapped in life, etc...

Maybe this is an unhealthy way to think, but it's gotten me to 21 so far.
    Being your own boss or not having a boss is a huge benefit. It's why, say, small business owners are willing to work seven days a week with long hours each day. So striving to not have a boss someday is a good thing. You might say that every new company is built on it.

So you don't have to have a boss. But there are consequences to that decision. Less job security for instance.

What you can't do is decide to have a job where you have a boss and not know what that means.

But don't look at this just negatively. Any young person who has the attitude that anything worth doing is worth doing well has a huge leg up on his competition.
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

And don't fall into that trap of being stuck in a job you hate. I thought it always went without saying that you should do what you like to do. If you do, the money and everything else will take care of itself.
    ^^^ This. I am in a profession where I always assumed I would love the work but the money would suck. I still love my job, but I've done well enough that financially it has worked out better than I ever would have imagined.
    05/24/2009, 186.2 lbs
    04/01/2010, 159.4 lbs

Working to help your boss isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you and your supervisor are on the same page, working towards a common goal, it can be mutually beneficial.
    Exactly .. plus you will learn to be a "boss" by working for one and learning from one
    and the more you'll learn the better you'll be at running the business you like

Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000) Muclebuilder1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Here's two:

a) All of the above

b) Marry someone who is psychologically and emotionally stable. Make sure your future in-laws are emotionally and psychologically stable as well. The more stable your future wife and in-laws are, the happier you will be. Think with your BIG head, and not your LITTLE head.
    100% spot on.