Wildmoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Finishing off a Six-Pack in time for Winter" Mooses weight loss/cooking/EC ramblings

I thought this might be fun. Probably more for me then for anyone reading though. But I am starting and EC stack tuesday/wednesday, so that might be interesting for a few people or something.

Basically I feel this unnecessary need to get a ripped six pack right now, instead of just maintaining my weight through winter after losing 35lbs in the past 6 months.

Im 5'9-160 right now. Lower then I expected to get this year, but at the same time, not low enough. In the past week Ive finally got my stomach to be flat without flexing, and beginning to see the outline of a six pack.

My goals:

Drop weight to 150 and maintain that throughout the winter. (by far the toughest time of the year for me, since I find it much harder to remain active and motivated. Also my favorite time of the year for cooking)

Increase fitness and pace: Right now I run a hilly 6mi route in 51min. I want that at 45 or better.

Build strong core and tone legs/increase flexibility: Right now I have large muscular legs that arent toned, since Ive basically never worked them out simply because I didnt want them any larger since they overpower my upperbody already. Also, I cant touch my toes, not even close.

My huge weakness is inconsistency in about everything I do, I dont run everyday, I currently take mri-ce2 hi-def, hydroxycut hardcore, and protein, but not consistently, my running and workouts arent consistent, my diets arent consistent. Although unlikely, I hope this log will help me become more dedicated and consistent.

My diet: currently, ive been having a little fun with the warrior diet, basically because I enjoy the freedom that it gives me with the "feast" part of the day since I love cooking, but in the end I dont think ill stick with that much longer. Though I will continue it through at least monday, since Im cooking a turkey breast tomorrow, and roast leg of lamb monday night.

Currently according to BMR I should be taking in about 1750cal to maintain my weight. So I figure my daily goal to be between 1500 and 1750, and the weight loss will come from exercise.

This log will include both food and work out logs and hopefully some healthy ways of cooking good food. But I sort of forsee this being more of a place for my random rambling and thoughts.
    I hope to enter a minimum of one entry per day, but I will also be beginning a ephedra stack as soon as my bronkaid arrives. So i will update on that as well.

I will update this thread with day 1 pics shortly
    Last edited by Wildmoose; 10-25-2008 at 10:32 AM.

BOSS2179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ill def follow along, im going to be starting my own log soon

Ive now decided that this is the day my 5-6 day stint on the warrior diet ends. Just not that much fun. also it is why my first meal is at 4pm.

for the time being my diet is going to be a little screwy. once I begin the ephedra-caffiene stack I'm going to try and lock into a routine.
    the plan for today:

4pm: 3S Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal Maple+Brown Sugar 475Cal (already ate)
    475 Cal 24g protein

8:30 2S Raw Spinach Salad w/ 2S Vidalia Onion Vinagarette (my weakness is this dressing ) 275cal
    3S Whole Wheat Penne with 1-1/3 S Raos Homemade Vodka Sauce 700C

1175C Approx 30g Protein

12:30 1s GNC Lean Muscle Meal Protein 240 cal

1415 Cal 70g Protein

Supplements:

1S hydroxycut hardcore @ 12pm
    1S Mri CE2 Hi-Def creatine @ approx 10:30pm
    1S GNC Lean Muscle Meal Protein @ approx 12:30

Work outs: P90x Plyometric workout approx 11pm

Todays Summary: Fell to the desire of overeating and extended my portions larger then they should've been.

What will be interesting is whether I can fall asleep by just eating what I have so far. But I feel that carb cravings will get me today.
    Last edited by Wildmoose; 10-25-2008 at 05:50 PM.

lunch
    chicken breast pot pie ( too big of a slice)
    baked beans

dinner: Turkey breast mashed potatoes w/ milk mashed butternut

snack: spinach salad

snack: 2s quaker oatmeal

no clue on calories, id say im probably over 2000 by now. at least a fair amount of protein overall, but Im just unhappy with myself overall. Eating like this with no exercise all day is just a recipe for disaster. And if it were a cheat day, then I shouldve been eating a little more tastier things then what I pigged out on. ugh.

notes:
    I also have taken the battery out of my scale and put it into the heart rate monitor. I think itll be good for me mentally just for the fact that I cannot now weigh myself every morning.

I think Im going to try and pick up some ephedra tomorrow to start that, since it appears my shipment is going to take a week or more. So Ill get that started and begin to report on that

no workout today. only supplement was hydroxycut hardcore around 1pm

I need to pick up some melatonin. and also I need to change my sleep patterns. For me on a diet, Waking up at 9 and going to sleep at 1230 works
    Not, waking up at 11:30 and going to sleep at 230. ugh.

I apologize for this log being random ramblings at this point. I have a very busy day tomorrow, so Im not sure if my newer hardcore diet will start tomorrow or tuesday I also know Im having lamb w/ flageolets and a cauliflower gratin tomorrow night, so that cant be healthy. but shopping all morning, so I going to try and eat barely anything til supper.

Grade for today: D ( i dont know why, but this seems like a good idea to give myself grades at the end of each day, for fun, but at the same time to get an overall idea of how I felt at the end of each day)
    Last edited by Wildmoose; 10-26-2008 at 08:35 PM.

last boring/meaningless entry....

I ate a lot yesterday, a very busy day, no time to run, and had a pretty big but relatively healthy supper. then continued to eat random things until i went to bed.

today...

2S Penne 1/2 S ragu 440c
    2s 96%burger 2S Ketchup 1S Baked Beans w/splenda Approx 650C
    4S special K protien plus + 1s milk 1% 500C
    1S EAS Myoplex protein shake 300C

Not sure if ill work out at all tonight, I should, but just a chilly boring day, so who knows.

Ephedra comes tomorrow! Im excited.

Todays Grade: C Decent eating, no exercise.

So far today

2S Post Wheat+Bran Shredded wheat 1 S milk 500C

Currently cooking up some really healthy braised beef chili. Ill try and type up a recipe incl. nutritional facts if i can.

Bought some extra trimmed stew beef from wal-mart 3.75/lb 4oz 200C! Damn good stuff if you want some beef stew or steak chili

First serving of ephedra around 130 today, about to go for number 2. Tried to split pill with knife, less then successful so I ended up taking a bit more then half the 25mg of the pill and caffiene. Im not sure I can even feel it.

I have to buy some strawberries for a straw/banana smoothie to get my potassium intake up though
    Last edited by Wildmoose; 10-29-2008 at 01:43 PM.

blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blobb0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck with your goals and hope you reach that so badly wanted 6-pacl as soon as possible!

Subbed!
    Bench: 286 lbs (130kg)
    Deadlift: 518 lbs (235kg)
    Squat: 460 lbs (210kg)

Ive been having pretty weak work outs lately, and have been largely unmotivated to do cardio mostly due to cold/wet weather.

after the cereal posted earlier

3S homemade chili. 554cal. 22g fat. 36g carb 48g protein.

1 Eas myoplex shake 300cal 42g protein

Ive been drinking a lot of green tea, so that might help, but on my first day of EC, i had very little appetite, so thats really great. Didnt run, but probably totaled 1354 cal intake today which is certainly below where I really should be, but at 12pm i have a hard time just eating something else for the hell of it, so ill just eat a larger breakfast tomorrow morning. I felt no side effects from the ephedra which is great. I also tried melatonin for the first time last night, 3mg, and slept very well, and woke at 10 am, now Im trying to get back to being out of bed by 930 am.

Todays Grade: B No cardio, limited ab work out, decent chest workout, but very good eating so Ill give myself a B.
    Also, maybe its because im having a pretty good week elsewhere that Im not as annoyed with my body as I was when Im not as happy that I havent been pushing myself like usual, but I NEED to run 6 mi tomorrow.

having this log, and writing everything out at the end of the day helps, i think, just because I cant get away with cheating without having to post about it at the end of the day.

Yesterday...

Lunch: 18oz red potatoes. light spray of canola oil (pam). ketchup approx 400C
    Dinner: 6oz Flank Steak 6oz potatoes Salad w/ FF Thousand Island approx 650C
    2.5S Chili. approx 500C
    1S myoplex shake 300C

no work out really today.

Grade B-: A lot of food, couldve definitely used some cardio earlier in the day

Took 2S EC Stack. Really kills my appetite, so Im really happy with how I feel on it. I dont really feel any effects of the ephedra, except for maybe noticing that if i shower after taking it, the heat seems to get to me a bit more. Though I dont really know if thats just mental.

cardio report:

for the first time since beginning taking ephedra and caffeine on tuesday I went running.

4.6 miles 37 minutes 8:02 mile pace. My normal route excluding the end of the route which is basically a valley that drops 350ft in elevation and then back up about 450 in the space of .6 miles.

I usually wouldnt write a running report like this, but my breathing was incredible. I dont know if its a side effect of the ephedra in that its also an asthma med., but wow, typically in cooler weather I can get upper stomach cramps which really hurt my breathing/endurance, but today I was breathing as well as I have in a long time in any weather.
    I also felt no increased heartrate side effects throughout the run including the last .5 mile where I still pushed myself as hard as I could.

Even post run I am not experiencing any sort of heavy breathing. Im not saying this is something that would work for others or something thats strictly a result of the ephedra, but just some notes on the run.

yesterday:

8oz 96/4 lean burger
    18oz potato roasted

eas myoplex shake

2 pb+j sandwiches

Grade: C Solid day overall including exercise, but I went for a snack around 1am and chose something thats close to 900 calories in pb+j

today:

6oz grilled chicken breast
    8oz boiled then sauteed butternut

about 450c so far.