BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The persona games are too similar to each other

I loved persona 5, played a bit of 4 and now getting into 3.

I want to get into it and enjoy it but in so many ways it feels like I'm playing the same game again. There are characters that are basically carbon copies of each other (ryuji and Junpei for example), the gameplay is almost exactly the same with the same grind after doing that for 100 hours in 5, many aspects of time management are the same kinds of choices and trade offs.

Going to keep playing and see if I just get into it and it wont matter, but I feel its a flaw with these games. really hope persona 6 freshens things up in a relevant way.
    Manlet Master Race
    GigaIncel
    Fap Until Cum Blood
    NEETmaxxed
    Rudyrude Truther
    Rope 2024

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The character roles are similar but the characters themselves couldn't be more different. Ryuji, Yusuke, and Junpei are nothing alike. You can say they fill the best bud archetype, but Junpei is more of a rival and antagonistic at first, and has the best development of the 3. Yosuke is like a less cool, funnier Ryuji with simp tendencies. Ryuji is who Yosuke wishes he could be. You know, someone with a nutsack.

And nobody, NOBODY is like my boy Kanji, the greatest Persona buddy of all time.

The group dynamics feel different too. 3 has people trauma bonding to save the world, 4 has a group that actually feels like they're best friends forget, and 5 has a group that feels like they have their own lives and other friends until it's thieving time.
    ***The Misadventires of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***2022 Aesthetics Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***
    ***I have chosen violence***

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have only played 3 and 4, I need to finish 3Reloaded but every time I start, something else comes and derails it. The game was really fuking great so it's on the list.

They do seem to have tropes with the cast(s) and archetypes, but like above post says, seems like they each take the characters in new ways and the stories themselves are pretty different.

Probably the kinds of games that are fun to play but not back to back or near each other. Take a good break between them, remember the release dates of them are years and years apart. Anyone picking them up organically at the time, they had a long rest between to build up anticipation for the new one(s) coming out.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    The character roles are similar but the characters themselves couldn't be more different. Ryuji, Yusuke, and Junpei are nothing alike. You can say they fill the best bud archetype, but Junpei is more of a rival and antagonistic at first, and has the best development of the 3. Yosuke is like a less cool, funnier Ryuji with simp tendencies. Ryuji is who Yosuke wishes he could be. You know, someone with a nutsack.

And nobody, NOBODY is like my boy Kanji, the greatest Persona buddy of all time.

The group dynamics feel different too. 3 has people trauma bonding to save the world, 4 has a group that actually feels like they're best friends forget, and 5 has a group that feels like they have their own lives and other friends until it's thieving time.
    Maybe I'll see this the more I play, I'm judging pretty early on with 3. With Junpei its just so obvious he's the idiot bro just like Ryuji but I havent seen that much yet.

Good overall summary, appreciate your view.
    Manlet Master Race
    GigaIncel
    Fap Until Cum Blood
    NEETmaxxed
    Rudyrude Truther
    Rope 2024

Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    I have only played 3 and 4, I need to finish 3Reloaded but every time I start, something else comes and derails it. The game was really fuking great so it's on the list.

They do seem to have tropes with the cast(s) and archetypes, but like above post says, seems like they each take the characters in new ways and the stories themselves are pretty different.

Probably the kinds of games that are fun to play but not back to back or near each other. Take a good break between them, remember the release dates of them are years and years apart. Anyone picking them up organically at the time, they had a long rest between to build up anticipation for the new one(s) coming out.
    I played 5 royal, then 4g when it came to pc, then 3fes emulated. Definitely had some fatigue playing 3 and 4 somewhat close together, but glad I got around to it finally. Was always playing final fantasy growing up, with Persona as some weird background noise.

You've gotta give 5 royal a play. 3 and 4 are fossils in comparison. Story is subjective of course, but gameplay wise, 5 of course chits on them.

I haven't touched reload yet as I beat 3fes either last year or the year before, and things are still kinda fresh. I heard the improvements are awesome, and I'm living the opening theme. Didn't like how Mass Destruction sounded though.
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    You've gotta give 5 royal a play. 3 and 4 are fossils in comparison. Story is subjective of course, but gameplay wise, 5 of course chits on them.
    It's still collecting dust in my library, one of these days... just when, I do not know. SMTV:Vengeance right now, need something to cleanse my palate after, then I want to pick up and finish 3:Reload.

Either I've got to find more time or it's going to be awhile... and this ignores a couple games up my alley around the corner or ignoring that someday - maybe tomorrow - they will announce FFT:remaster or a remake of FEIV, either of which would be a "drop what you're playing and play them" game for me.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Balls deep into this now and having a great time. I was very wrong, once the game got going the sameiness faded away and its just a fun ride just like I had with p5.

Trying to smash Yuko shes fine AF
    Manlet Master Race
    GigaIncel
    Fap Until Cum Blood
    NEETmaxxed
    Rudyrude Truther
    Rope 2024

stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stayhomeneet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In essence they are all the same setup, slice of life Japanese high-school story mixed with saving the world rpg

Thematically they are all very different though.

I wouldn't want them to change the formula, it works, they have SMT and their new big fantasy RPG coming out, Persona in itself should always retain its core setup, people are asking for the next one to be in freshman year of college, I guess that would be OK, but I definatley don't want one where you play as adults.

WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WHChampion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I liked 4 but 3 kind of bored the chit out of me with that tower.

GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GoobyPls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tried playing persona 5 for a few hours and I was embarrassed of myself, lol

phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phaginator has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
    tried playing persona 5 for a few hours and I was embarrassed of myself, lol
    why

Anything I want. U mirin? OptimusTrajan's Avatar
    OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mind blown that games in the same series are similar.

Play SMTV:V if you want something different but similar. Persona games are essentially spinoffs of SMT if... but easy as it gets.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

Originally Posted by WHChampion View Post
    I liked 4 but 3 kind of bored the chit out of me with that tower.
    I have but never played the vita version of 3 -- so I can't speak to how bad Tartarus was (I did hear it was super repetitive and a weak spot of the game), but in 3R it was not a chore at all. I think I got halfway through it, never got bored of it.

Originally Posted by ****inator View Post
    why
    Dunno me, being a middle aged guy, playing these high schoolers, I could see why someone might Nope Out.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Anything I want. U mirin? OptimusTrajan's Avatar
    OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) OptimusTrajan has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    I have but never played the vita version of 3 -- so I can't speak to how bad Tartarus was (I did hear it was super repetitive and a weak spot of the game), but in 3R it was not a chore at all. I think I got halfway through it, never got bored of it.
    There wasn't a Vita version. P3P was a PSP game.
    RIP snails

See Krackerjacked's sig

Originally Posted by OptimusTrajan View Post
    There wasn't a Vita version. P3P was a PSP game.
    Oh chit, well played it on my vita. Or, didn't but it's there in the library

- Arthur Schopenhauer

karankumar100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While it's true that the Persona games share many similarities, such as their turn-based combat, social simulation elements, and high school settings, these recurring features are integral to the series' identity. Each installment offers unique characters, storylines, and themes, providing distinct experiences despite the shared framework. The consistent art style, music, and gameplay mechanics create a familiar yet fresh environment for fans. Additionally, the series' evolution, from narrative complexity to gameplay innovations, keeps it engaging. These similarities ensure a cohesive experience while allowing each game to introduce new elements, enhancing the overall appeal of the Persona franchise.

MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MisquePhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Love Persona games

Originally Posted by BigBallsMcgee View Post
    Balls deep into this now and having a great time. I was very wrong, once the game got going the sameiness faded away and its just a fun ride just like I had with p5.

Trying to smash Yuko shes fine AF
    Dunno how it is in reload, but in 3, the game forces you to romance the female characters once you get a high enough social link. Yuko was my first, but definitely not my last.
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***