BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100)

Talking Novice strongman

Where should my lifts be for novice / beginner strongman @ 5'9 227lbs , need to set goals so I can meet em exceed em and eventually compete

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try the powerlifting/strongman -section.

Edit: Nvm, you already did >_>
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100) BennyWanna is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    Try the powerlifting/strongman -section.

Edit: Nvm, you already did >_>
    Fml lol

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your lifts are far too low to be thinking about competing in a strongman competition... You're going to get hurt.

Read the following article and then jump on a quality novice training program and start getting stronger.

https://www.elitefts.com/education/t...n-competition/
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by mdonnelly80 View Post
    Your lifts are far too low to be thinking about competing in a strongman competition... You're going to get hurt.

Read the following article and then jump on a quality novice training program and start getting stronger.
    Not what I asked for, and since you've read my other posts you'd know I've been on a program for 3 months about, *****s need goals to hit don't they ? They need an idea of where to be at, don't be this guy folks, the least help a member can be, I don't want Arnold competition numbers, that's why I SPECIFICALLY mentioned NOVICE, not advanced. I need a new place to crowd source information because it seems everyone here is a know it all while reading partial information.
    Last edited by BennyWanna; 01-03-2018 at 07:06 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The beginner powerbuilding routine in the sticky threads would be a good place to start.

TBH, it doesn't even need to have a "strongman" slant at this stage, just get stronger in the basic barbell movements. Starting Strength would be a good alternative if you don't want to do the first one I mentioned.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The beginner powerbuilding routine in the sticky threads would be a good place to start.

TBH, it doesn't even need to have a "strongman" slant at this stage, just get stronger in the basic barbell movements. Starting Strength would be a good alternative if you don't want to do the first one I mentioned.
    it's not that I'm so much worried about the routine I'm running fierce 5 with great results so far, I just need to put a number in my mind so I can work hard for that standard, exceed it and eventually compete novicely (amateur not pro)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Have a look at the exrx strength standards. They are given by bodyweight. You would be most concerned with squat, deadlift, power clean and overhead press I imagine.

Have a look at the exrx strength standards. They are given by bodyweight. You would be most concerned with squat, deadlift, power clean and overhead press I imagine.
    yes sir those are the lifts I'm looking and need to improve to one day compete, thank you for providing a source of information I'm lookin for !!

site was exactly what I was looking for, so at which level (intermediate advanced or elite would I be suitable for attempting amateur novice /beginner stromgman comp ?)

LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LifeTilts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BennyWanna View Post
    Not what I asked for, and since you've read my other posts you'd know I've been on a program for 3 months about, *****s need goals to hit don't they ? They need an idea of where to be at, don't be this guy folks, the least help a member can be, I don't want Arnold competition numbers, that's why I SPECIFICALLY mentioned NOVICE, not advanced. I need a new place to crowd source information because it seems everyone here is a know it all while reading partial information.
    Did you even read the article he provided? "HW Men – 500-pound deadlift, 450-pound squat, 225-pound push press/jerk" These numbers were given as a recommendation to do well in the novice division.

Originally Posted by LifeTilts View Post
    Did you even read the article he provided? "HW Men – 500-pound deadlift, 450-pound squat, 225-pound push press/jerk" These numbers were given as a recommendation to do well in the novice division.
    I read that article before he provided it which is why I raged, because I saw nothing about novice in the article. If I over read my bad to him, but otherwise someone provided exactly what I asked for in the mean time

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mate most competition will list their events
    Take a look and see what you will have to deal with
    I agree if you rush into this you will hurts yourself
    Strongman is a fairly dangerous sport (unlike powerlifting)
    I have to point out youre a little on the short side but that's not stopping me lol
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

Originally Posted by melDorado View Post
    Mate most competition will list their events
    Take a look and see what you will have to deal with
    I agree if you rush into this you will hurts yourself
    Strongman is a fairly dangerous sport (unlike powerlifting)
    I have to point out youre a little on the short side but that's not stopping me lol
    I mean I'm giving myself a realistic 2 year time frame, everyone is just assuming I'm looking for like a 6 month plan or something lol, but I will definitely look into that aspect a little more too, I'm just curious where I should be working towards in terms of weight for press,deadlift, etc that's all

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mean I'm giving myself a realistic 2 year time frame, everyone is just assuming I'm looking for like a 6 month plan or something lol, but I will definitely look into that aspect a little more too, I'm just curious where I should be working towards in terms of weight for press,deadlift, etc that's all
    Well you would want to be competitive in say the 100kg powerlifting weight class at best

Strongman is about allover strength and conditioning so until you can be doing 2.5xbw pull and 1.5xbw front squat you probably dont have the required core strength. As for pressing as I said check potential competition listings and youll see what your expected to press - my press is way below what's needed and ive got a lot of work to do before I still probably finish last in it lol

A solid diet of deadlift, front squats and ohp is what you need op as well as conditioning events like amrap squats, carries and farmers walks
    Last edited by melDorado; 01-03-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

Originally Posted by melDorado View Post
    Well you would want to be competitive in say the 100kg powerlifting weight class at best

Strongman is about allover strength and conditioning so until you can be doing 2.5xbw pull and 1.5xbw front squat you probably dont have the required core strength. As for pressing as I said check potential competition listings and youll see what your expected to press - my press is way below what's needed and ive got a lot of work to do before I still probably finish last in it lol

A solid diet of deadlift, front squats and ohp is what you need op as well as conditioning events like amrap squats, carries and farmers walks
    I can't thank you enough !!!

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll let Brian tell you

Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I read that article before he provided it which is why I raged, because I saw nothing about novice in the article. If I over read my bad to him, but otherwise someone provided exactly what I asked for in the mean time
    "I’d bet that most people in their respective categories who are capable of hitting those numbers have a good enough base of strength to give it a try and do well in the NOVICE division."

The article provided the EXACT information you asked for. These numbers may seem to be a bit high but do not underestimate just how strong you need to be just to avoid getting injured in a strongman competition. Trying to pick up a 220lb Atlas stone requires more than a 220lb DL TO BE SAFE. I'm not talking about competing here: I'm talking about having the strength levels to handle the loads in the events just to be safe.

I watch weaker guys jump into the Highland Games every year. The events in the Highland Games don't involve near as much strength as a Strongman competition does but a lot of these guys end up hurting themselves by the end of the day. One guy slipped a disk in his back trying to turn a 100lb caber because he wasn't strong enough to stabilize the weight for attempting the throw. Another got a grade 2 shoulder separation AND sprained his knee because he couldn't handle the 56lb ball-n-chain required for the weight-for-distance.

Sometimes advice isn't sugar coated but that doesn't mean the advice isn't sound or for your own safety.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100) Cegaiga is not very well liked. (-100)
    You can try out static monster events, which is a great introductory strongman event. It involves only two lifts, log press and axle deadlift.