NO37 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Becoming a Better Athlete

Hey guys, this is a thread I'm starting from today in order to keep a record of my training and if anyone has any advice I'd be happy to listen. My current stats are as follows:

Height: 6'4"
    Weight:.111.5kg
    Squat: 137kg
    Bench: 92.5kg
    Deadlift: 110kg for 12
    Vertical Jump: Tap on basketball rim
    Broad Jump: 9'8"
    100m: N/A
    40 yard dash: 4.73s

I'm currently using the routine from the the "Sports guide for strength, speed, and conditioning" by RollTideNation and also added in an extra plyometrics routine/dynamic day.

Workout A
    1.Box squat 3x3
    2.Bench press 3x5
    3.DB shoulder press 3x8
    4.Row 5x6-12
    5.Shrugs 3x8
    6.Kettlebell Swings 3x5-10
    7.Core work 3 sets

Workout B
    1.Deadlift 3x3
    2.Push press 4x3
    3.Dips 3x8
    4.Chin/pull ups 3x5-12
    5.Rear delt flys 3x8
    Bulgarian Split Squats 3x5
    7.Core work 3 sets

Workout C
    Dynamic-Effort Lower Body/Plyos:
    1. Box jump: 4x4-6
    5 x 5 Kneeling into Jumps
    4 x 35 Calf Raises
    3 x 8 Squats into jumps
    4 x 8 Lunges into jumps
    4 x 10 Box Jumps
    2 x 10 Depth Jumps
    2 x Holding squats until failure
    3 x 35m Sprints

Day 1: Today I did workout A for the first time. It was pretty good and I went pretty light as it was my first time back after a month or two. I worked up to a high weight for squats, which was around 90kg for 12 reps which was alright for a first day back. I went light on everything else however, and due to time constraints I rushed the final two sets. Workout went pretty good and I've had my eating in order for the past 3-4 days or so which meant that I felt way less fatigued but maybe that was due to the sugar free red bull I had an hour before lol.

Yeah I should NOT have done so many squats cuz now my legs ****in kill. Do NOT do 8 sets over progressive overload

This update is kind of an update for both the 19th and the 20th (today). Eating has been the hardest part of the program because I'm so used to just shoving my face and staying somewhat fit, but everything starts from diet right? I'm trying to get 100+g of protein a day but it's difficult as my date won't let me by whey protein and the school dinner barely give us enough food as it is, much less protein. I'm heavily relying on the food that my mom makes at home and store bought protein shakes and bars. I'm not able to workout for the rest of the week as every wednesday evening I get forced to church and today (thursday), which are normally free, I had to help my school with an open day/evening. Saturday I'm going to do a bit of football and a bit of basketball with friends which will definitely last for a few hours.