Thread: genetics

GuitarPlayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question genetics

how much does genetics and racial background figure into the way your body looks, the way you store fat, and how massive and strong you can get? i've noticed a few particlar races of people that get stronger a lot easier than others. just your thoughts. be careful don't get racist or anything.
    The way to weigh is whey.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

It has a lot to do with it. If you come from a large and genetically gifted family you are much more likely to be large and genetically gifted. Seems like Pacific Islanders, for example, are born benching 120 pounds, the lucky so-n-so's and I know several of them that bench massive amounts of weight. They are a generally a genetically larger group of people. You can somewhat overcome your genetics, but you do have a limit to where you can take it. I just hope my genetic potential lets me get bigger than everybody else...
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100)
    Genetics is a huge thing. Some people are jacked without lifting, others have to invest years. Since you can't change them, though, I wouldn't worry about it; it's a waste of time
    Squat PR: 365 lbs
    Bench PR: 265 lbs
    @160 lbs bodyweight

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by simonniklaus View Post
    it's a waste of time
    Kind of like bumping a thread that nobody has posted in in over 20 years.

I agree with you, but is there any particular reason you bumped this ancient thread?
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    how much does genetics and racial background figure into the way your body looks, the way you store fat, and how massive and strong you can get? i've noticed a few particlar races of people that get stronger a lot easier than others. just your thoughts. be careful don't get racist or anything.
    I think youre over zealous about this.

Powerlifting? Top three guys ever? Top 10?
    Worlds strongest man winners?
    Mr Olympia winners?
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    People that can run away from lions and climb trees passed on their genes. The people that could not, well, they didn't pass on their genes.
    Funished renal houses in offeyvile Kanas for traveing wokers

simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100) simonniklaus is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CW47 View Post
    Kind of like bumping a thread that nobody has posted in in over 20 years.

I agree with you, but is there any particular reason you bumped this ancient thread?
    Oh, I didn't realize that, haha. Sorry, I'm new in the forum and didn't see the time the question was posted.
    Squat PR: 365 lbs
    Bench PR: 265 lbs
    @160 lbs bodyweight