Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201
Results 6,001 to 6,016 of 6016
    Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Yeti06 View Post
    Question:

Have any of you guys received any kind of stipend or bonus from the last round of american rescue plan funding that has been given out?

specifically relating to this article:
    https://www.iaff.org/news/treasury-d...-fire-and-ems/

Havnt seen anything like that.
    R.I.P. Hela
    "If you never talk to strangers, You'll never make any friends at all."
    Mike---R.I.P. Buddy

***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The truly great do not put their pants on one leg at a time

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instructor class234

Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000) Tipys is just really nice. (+1000)
    To all the OGs and long timers on this post. I’ve watched this post slowly die over the last few years and I think it’s finally time to consider it dead.

The amount of information I have gained from here can not be measured. To those with jobs I wish you successful careers. To those still testing I wish luck in gaining those successful careers.
    R.I.P. Hela
    "If you never talk to strangers, You'll never make any friends at all."
    Mike---R.I.P. Buddy

***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The truly great do not put their pants on one leg at a time

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instructor class234

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    To all the OGs and long timers on this post. I’ve watched this post slowly die over the last few years and I think it’s finally time to consider it dead.

The amount of information I have gained from here can not be measured. To those with jobs I wish you successful careers. To those still testing I wish luck in gaining those successful careers.
    The misc has been dead for a while now unfortunately
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000) FOSteven is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tipys View Post

This thread was a mentorship into the fire service for me. Wish I was around when it was at its peak, I'm sure there was a lot of salty wisdom.
    "So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. . . . Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place." -Tecumseh

Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    The misc has been dead for a while now unfortunately
    I think its more of this, I basically log on and check my subscribed threads and thats it.

i could note that this is actually resembles the fire service applicant pool in my area. Depts are finding it harder to find willing and qualified applicants.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

Registered User 2Rude4MyOwnGood's Avatar
    2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2Rude4MyOwnGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think its more of this, I basically log on and check my subscribed threads and thats it.

i could note that this is actually resembles the fire service applicant pool in my area. Depts are finding it harder to find willing and qualified applicants.

We’re seeing the same thing here. The number of applicants for each class has dropped significantly for every department in my area, and there is absolutely a shortage of applicants who possess the minimum requirements to be considered.

It’s pretty crazy how fast this happened.

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn, been almost a whole year since there was a post

I'm going into my 4th and final season in wildland fire. Spent 2022 on a hotshot crew and will return for 2023. Pretty hard work for no money (15/hr)

I put in an application for my local FD, we'll see where that goes. Not sure what their age cutoff is but I'm probably close. Their academy is only 9-weeks which isn't bad. I honestly don't want to do it but I'm at a crossroad in my life and can't think of anything else. I was contemplating using my GI Bill to become a nurse but I reminded myself how much I despise school and the thought of being there makes me want to die. Not to mention a 9-week academy sounds better than 2-4yrs of nursing school

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Yeti06 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'm going into my 4th and final season in wildland fire. Spent 2022 on a hotshot crew and will return for 2023. Pretty hard work for no money (15/hr)

I put in an application for my local FD, we'll see where that goes. Not sure what their age cutoff is but I'm probably close. Their academy is only 9-weeks which isn't bad. I honestly don't want to do it but I'm at a crossroad in my life and can't think of anything else. I was contemplating using my GI Bill to become a nurse but I reminded myself how much I despise school and the thought of being there makes me want to die. Not to mention a 9-week academy sounds better than 2-4yrs of nursing school

what hotshot crew? good luck with the Local FD.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What makes you say that?
    I mean you show some serious grit if you go on a 4th season as a hotshot, that's some of the hardest work you'll ever do.
    A 9th week long academy is a honestly a joke imo, that sounds too short and possibly too easy to be honest.
    Are you saying you don't want to be a FF? If that's even crossing your mind right now, don't even bother going for it , you'll be miserable once you're actually in a FD.

Originally Posted by CanardMedic View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I mean you show some serious grit if you go on a 4th season as a hotshot, that's some of the hardest work you'll ever do.
    A 9th week long academy is a honestly a joke imo, that sounds too short and possibly too easy to be honest.
    Are you saying you don't want to be a FF? If that's even crossing your mind right now, don't even bother going for it , you'll be miserable once you're actually in a FD.
    I said that because I can't think of anything else I would even want to do for 5yrs, let alone a career. I hate school and already dropped out 3x so I'm definitely not going back. Another option is learning a trade but that honestly doesn't seem fun either, it's just a good paycheck. There's literally nothing I enjoy doing that can earn me any money

It's only 9-weeks because they dont teach you EMT-B, you have to already have that which saves a lot of time.

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

I said that because I can't think of anything else I would even want to do for 5yrs, let alone a career. I hate school and already dropped out 3x so I'm definitely not going back. Another option is learning a trade but that honestly doesn't seem fun either, it's just a good paycheck. There's literally nothing I enjoy doing that can earn me any money

It's only 9-weeks because they dont teach you EMT-B, you have to already have that which saves a lot of time.

My academy was 10 weeks, they are bumping it up to 12 weeks soon. i agree i wish it was a little longer, you can only do so much before its crammed and then information will be lost.

If you go into a fire department with that attitude the guys there will notice, and it will suck. There is no fault in trying it, but commit to being there 100% if you dont like it, thats fine. just dont be lazy or a Chit bag about it. I dont know how old you are, but if i was 20 years younger and had the GI bill I would do both. We had a guy on our Dept work for 7 years, he showed up every shift and worked hard. dude used his GI bill to go to engineering college, once he graduated he put in his two weeks. my only advice is to commit 100% to trying anything. school, FD, whatever. you have plenty of opportunity, take it.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

My academy was 10 weeks, they are bumping it up to 12 weeks soon. i agree i wish it was a little longer, you can only do so much before its crammed and then information will be lost.

If you go into a fire department with that attitude the guys there will notice, and it will suck. There is no fault in trying it, but commit to being there 100% if you dont like it, thats fine. just dont be lazy or a Chit bag about it. I dont know how old you are, but if i was 20 years younger and had the GI bill I would do both. We had a guy on our Dept work for 7 years, he showed up every shift and worked hard. dude used his GI bill to go to engineering college, once he graduated he put in his two weeks. my only advice is to commit 100% to trying anything. school, FD, whatever. you have plenty of opportunity, take it.
    I get what you're saying. I'm definitely not a ****bag, far from it. I've left behind good reputations in both military and wildland. But I'm just saying where my mentality is at right now. I'm not 100% in on structure fire right now so if I come up with an alternative then I'll withdraw my application.

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

I get what you're saying. I'm definitely not a ****bag, far from it. I've left behind good reputations in both military and wildland. But I'm just saying where my mentality is at right now. I'm not 100% in on structure fire right now so if I come up with an alternative then I'll withdraw my application.
    I never thought you were.

we just had a probationary FF work right up to his one year, and he just quit two days before he was off probation. its hard to find people that want to work.
    Stats 6'6" 245lbs
    Bodypoints 700
    RIP YourGunShowTix

CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CanardMedic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I understand, your situation is actually quite common in the FD and I take what I said back about you not going through with it.
    There are some who love the job and cannot think of doing anything else and there are MANY who do the job because they don't know what else to do.
    Whether you decide to stay for a year or a lifetime, as long as you show up, work hard and work well with your crew during your time there. At the end of the day you gotta do whats' best for you and your family.

I think I remember you going through Medic school? I forgot but remind me if you went through with it?

Originally Posted by CanardMedic View Post
    I understand, your situation is actually quite common in the FD and I take what I said back about you not going through with it.
    There are some who love the job and cannot think of doing anything else and there are MANY who do the job because they don't know what else to do.
    Whether you decide to stay for a year or a lifetime, as long as you show up, work hard and work well with your crew during your time there. At the end of the day you gotta do whats' best for you and your family.

I think I remember you going through Medic school? I forgot but remind me if you went through with it?
    I got my EMT-B that's it. I dont have any ambo experience. I'm one of the EMTs on my hotshot crew but we dont see any crazy stuff. It's only blisters, heat exhaustion, and some cuts/scrapes

I have been thinking about medic or nurse but I'm unsure. That would require schooling. Lately I've been thinking if I even want to keep doing these high stress jobs anymore

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

I got my EMT-B that's it. I dont have any ambo experience. I'm one of the EMTs on my hotshot crew but we dont see any crazy stuff. It's only blisters, heat exhaustion, and some cuts/scrapes

I have been thinking about medic or nurse but I'm unsure. That would require schooling. Lately I've been thinking if I even want to keep doing these high stress jobs anymore
    You'll figure it out bro.