Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kotsobali will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does higher meal frequency yield more muscle?

Does lower meal frequency (3 meals) yield poorer results than 5 or 6 meals for building muscle?
    I don't think I have the time for more than 3 meals max!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No

It might suit some people that have a smaller appetite. But if you control the total calories and compare high frequency with low frequency then there is no reason why one should be better than the other.

Protein dosing might be better at 4-5 times per day but for other nutrients, it's not going to make a difference IMO.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably 4 protein feedings per day is necessary to maximise muscle building.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kotsobali View Post
    Does lower meal frequency (3 meals) yield poorer results than 5 or 6 meals for building muscle?

I just finished my experiment on this.

I tried four meals, five and six.

Six is best FOR ME.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If we told you 4 , but you only have time for 3, would you just feel bad?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Take a Vince Gironda hormone precursor shake once a day. It counts as 2 meals.
    Funihe renal hoses in offevil Kanas for traving wokes

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    3 meals a day is going to be no different than 4-5 unless for some reason you have a subjective performance benefit from either one.

Personally, I have 3, with an occasional snack.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    If we told you 4 , but you only have time for 3, would you just feel bad?
    I think he would. He has a thread in Supplements asking about whey "dosing".
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Based on the current evidence, we conclude that to maximize anabolism one should consume protein at a target intake of 0.4 g/kg/meal across a minimum of four meals in order to reach a minimum of 1.6 g/kg/day. Using the upper daily intake of 2.2 g/kg/day reported in the literature spread out over the same four meals would necessitate a maximum of 0.55 g/kg/meal.
    https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/arti...970-018-0215-1

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dunno. It's complicated these days.

Nowadays, in some people's experience, lower meal frequency and complete fasting apparently now translates into higher secretion of growth hormones, but it has not been sufficiently determined whether that is because food nowadays contains hormonal blockers/endocrine disruptors or whether lower meal frequency is indeed better.

No clue, I'm afraid.

I have no clue what the correct information is nowadays.

EDIT: That being said, I can't see how you can become THIS dude without eating (frequently) lol:

Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HannoCometh View Post
    I dunno. It's complicated these days.

Nowadays, in some people's experience, lower meal frequency and complete fasting apparently now translates into higher secretion of growth hormones, but it has not been sufficiently determined whether that is because food nowadays contains hormonal blockers/endocrine disruptors or whether lower meal frequency is indeed better.

No clue, I'm afraid.

I have no clue what the correct information is nowadays.

EDIT: That being said, I can't see how you can become THIS dude without eating (frequently) lol:

More growth hormone doesn’t mean more muscle gain
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've heard it argued that Thor is perhaps the strongest man to have ever lived. Not sure how that can be verified, since there are incredible claims made in the literature of the heroic age, about men "long ago" (from their vantage) who lifted boulders easily, not weak like men are "presently." In the Iliad, Menelaus references this as they themselves performed feats of strength which would be considered impressive for long-trained athletes today, like it was normal.

I still find that incredible. 501KG conventional deadlift is astonishing. Probably not more than a few men in all of history have attained that kind of strength. (Easter egg: he cameos this movie!)

Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    More growth hormone doesn’t mean more muscle gain
    Of course, it's not as clear cut as that all the time, but sometimes, it usually does...
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

Originally Posted by HannoCometh View Post
    Of course, it's not as clear cut as that all the time, but sometimes, it usually does...
    "sometimes, usually"

doesn't make sense.

I do not think there is actual evidence to support what you're claiming.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 06-09-2022 at 05:15 PM.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1 is better than 0, 2 better than 1, 3 better than 2.. there is diminishing returns. You will get most from 3 meals if daily protein is met, but 4-5 is likely needed to get the 100% max mps.
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    "sometimes, usually"

doesn't make sense.

I do not there is actual evidence to support what you're claiming.

2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Growth hormone rises during fasting to mobilise energy, not to grow muscle. Hormones have multiple functions and work in conjunction with one another. Whichever way you cut it, fasting is simply not an anabolic environment.

If one theory is telling you to eat frequently and a conflicting theory is telling you to fast for long periods, maybe that's telling you something about the validity of such theories. This is why we have controlled trials - to show if these ideas hold any water or not. As far as I'm aware, meal frequency is pretty neutral regarding body composition. There is some evidence to show that spreading out protein feedings can help, there is also evidence to show that eating less frequently can help with appetite control.

Find the combination that works for you, this might be (shockingly) breakfast, lunch and dinner.

azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i take everything with a grain of salt, but the fact we can't really store amino acids for later use compared to like carbs/fat makes me believe protein does need some frequency.