noobie2020 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb How body age is determined?

Actually, I am 28 years old but the body age says 19. Is there any formula to calculate body age?

I am using Mi Body Composition Scale.

I have attached the report.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Sounds like an ego massaging number that isn't useful for anything.

I imagine it is based on your body composition, the idea being that males have their best composition numbers at an age of around 18-25 yo... or at least the numbers that are measured by the scale - which can way off because they were probably measured by BIA.

Honestly OP, keep things simple. Weight yourself. Take measurements if you want. Keep track of your performance in main compound lifts and make sure it rises over time. Making it any more complicated than that will add nothing to results.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Sounds like an ego massaging number that isn't useful for anything.

I imagine it is based on your body composition, the idea being that males have their best composition numbers at an age of around 18-25 yo... or at least the numbers that are measured by the scale - which can way off because they were probably measured by BIA.

Honestly OP, keep things simple. Weight yourself. Take measurements if you want. Keep track of your performance in main compound lifts and make sure it rises over time. Making it any more complicated than that will add nothing to results.
    Thank you for this. After covid I will go to gym. All are closed in my place now. I will be active physically few hours daily doing home work.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I were going to give a body an age I'd look at condition of joints first, but I don't think any general "body age" number is accurate or useful anyway.

Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If I were going to give a body an age I'd look at condition of joints first, but I don't think any general "body age" number is accurate or useful anyway.
    This.

If you look at retire athletes, especial physical sports, such as wrestling, american football, etc..and of they are not still coaching/training they bodies are like an elderly even if they are only 40
    Subhan Allah

Muslim Crew

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by noobie2020 View Post
    Actually, I am 28 years old but the body age says 19. Is there any formula to calculate body age?

I am using Mi Body Composition Scale.

I have attached the report.
    I have the same app. Body age in that app is based solely on your basal metabolic rate. It means if you did nothing all day you would burn calories at the rate of a 19 year old that is the same height and weight as you rather than 28 year old. Given that BMR slows down as we age that is a good thing.

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Edit: Double Post

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I give drug screens to refinery contractors for my official job. They are welders, fitters, boilermakers, electricians etc. They have a pretty tough life, and they drink, smoke and don't take care of their health. I'm 52, and I see these guys that have a tough life and I swear they are older looking than me. I have to put down their birthday on the drug screen form. These older looking guys are 5-10 years younger than me.

On the flip side, every now then I see someone and I'll guess them to be in their late 50's or early 60's. My guess was 10 years too young. I ask them how they do it. They'll say something like "The last cigarette I had was in 1982, the last beer was 1983"

Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Magomed1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I give drug screens to refinery contractors for my official job. They are welders, fitters, boilermakers, electricians etc. They have a pretty tough life, and they drink, smoke and don't take care of their health. I'm 52, and I see these guys that have a tough life and I swear they are older looking than me. I have to put down their birthday on the drug screen form. These older looking guys are 5-10 years younger than me.

On the flip side, every now then I see someone and I'll guess them to be in their late 50's or early 60's. My guess was 10 years too young. I ask them how they do it. They'll say something like "The last cigarette I had was in 1982, the last beer was 1983"
    Union ironworker here.. this is true. And we eat like chit as well as beat up our bodies for a paycheck.
    Subhan Allah

Muslim Crew

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you for this. After covid I will go to gym. All are closed in my place now. I will be active physically few hours daily doing home work.
    No need for a gym. You can get started doing full body calisthenics 3-4 times a week. Look up convict conditioning and anything by Al Kavadlo.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    No need for a gym. You can get started doing full body calisthenics 3-4 times a week. Look up convict conditioning and anything by Al Kavadlo.
    I am checking out Al Kavadlo. I will do whatever I can in my space. Some exercise's bars. I can save some money on this. Thank you.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am checking out Al Kavadlo. I will do whatever I can in my space. Some exercise's bars. I can save some money on this. Thank you.
    Or his brother Danny Kavadlo... I prefer Danny to Al because in the photos of Al doing insanely hard stuff he's always smiling and that's just too much and gets annoying, can't he look like he's struggling just once?