VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Should I switch program?

So I'm trying to lose weight and running AllPro.

I started at 93kgs and now at ~89.

I like all pro routine, but I'm going nowhere in the weights.

My current lifts are -

Squats - 40kg
    Bench - 30kg plates + Olympic bar
    Barbell rows - 38kgs
    Ohp - 25kgs
    RDL - 38kgs
    Barbell curls - 20kg

I want to get stronger while losing weight.

Should I switch to some other program or continue doing with the same weights?

I started with lower weight as suggested in the program, but now I feel like if I've started really low.

Kindly help.

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    How tall are you and how long have you been running All Pros? Try Fierce 5

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fierce 5 would be good. It’ll give you a solid way to progress your lifts a bit quicker.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) VigneshSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read about Fierce 5, but the author says this -

I’m a man/woman and I plan on cutting/bulking. Does that change whether or not I should run this program? For bulking males this program is perfect. Progression(weight increases) needs to be modified for cutting males and bulking females. I would advise running the progression until you stall on bench, squat or RDL. At this point cut the progression in half, meaning increase weight half as much as the program calls for. I advise cutting females and men wanting to lose 30 or more lbs to run All Pros routine.

Should I still run this?

Registered User 27MinuteMiracle's Avatar
    27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My numbers are nearly identical to yours and I’ve been progressing all along. It in fact on today’s work out a couple of weights went up by five or 10 pounds.

All pro is known for being helpful for people who want to lose weight. So it should still should be a good choice for you.

Night runs a great thread and is incredibly responsive. You can post in the All Pro thread and get answers to your questions. But it helps to be very specific.

Are you working the classic obvious stuff?

I.e., eating enough protein, getting enough sleep, and progressively increasing the poundage?

One thing that helped me is that I do self regulated. Basically as soon as I do 12 reps of anything with confidence, i.e. one or two or three workouts in a row (depending...but three is a notable prompt; one is riskier and very situational!), I increase the weight by a reasonable amount.

I don’t want injuries so I generally go up by five or 10 pounds. Often by 5 pounds. But that’s happening all the time.

The other thing that really helped me was to read through a fairly substantial portion of the all pro thread. Fortunately Night has answered many many questions and honestly made quite a few tweaks to the program and also even offered alternate versions of the program which is great.

Unfortunately these have not been summarized into one document or at the head of the thread, so a lot of people don’t know the many options and tricks that come with this program.

Reading helps.

One major truck that’s not made at all clear in the summary on page 1, is that when you increase weight, the recommended increase is actually a minimum. So, you can actually increase by any amount you like as long as it’s safe of course. Obviously this won’t last forever, but it’s encouraging to move up instead of getting stuck with unnecessarily slow progress.

Sometimes the reasons that people sometimes get stuck is very technical and and I can’t comment directly, but basically sometimes if one exercise in particular is stalled, it may be because there is some facet of it or supporting muscle that needs work.

Have you watched videos? I did benchpress for a while and stalled. I watch some videos and realized I wasn’t putting my shoulders back and holding them no matter what. I made a huge difference in my numbers made a sudden jump. Videos are really key.

Of course another reason that people plateau is that they simply don’t push themselves hard enough. If your last rep isn’t getting quite difficult, then you’re slowing down your progress and may need to simply add some weight to the bar and see how that goes.

Likewise, if you’ve plateaued at 12 reps and things aren’t budging, then it may be time to de- load, i.e. take some time off ideally using a proper protocol.

Yet another trick to go through a plateau is to actually decrease the weight a bit and build back up your reps and then you find yourself bursting through the plateau number and going beyond it.

Realize of course that I am someone who is simply read threads on bodybuilding, and I hope I’ve got all this right. These are honestly just some ideas to get you started. Getting a better investigation with the all pro thread is going to be better than anything I can say.

And if I’ve got any of this wrong, you’ll do some reading to find out before you trust what I’m saying. I am in no way an expert.

Best to you,

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How quickly did the 93 --> 89 kg cut go? If you're cutting hard/fast you shouldn't expect progress on any program, just try to fight to keep where you are while you're cutting hard

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would say if you are a newbie lifter whether you are cutting/bulking on a program shouldn't matter all too much. Strength and muscle gains are to be had regardless.

am not a huge fan of All Pro tbh