kristofrein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can't sleep more than 3 hours

Serious post / need serious help

I'm not getting younger anytime soon (I'm actually 22), I've just started work which requires me to wake up everyday at 6 am. I'd be out of the office by 6 pm feeling like i went to war because of the lack of sleep EVERY NIGHT. I'd lay on the bed for about 40 minutes NOT being able to actually fall asleep. I'd go to the gym at about 7:30 pm, be home again by 8:30. After that, dinner, shower, everything else and I'd be ready to lay in bed by 11 pm. I actually have a lot of time to sleep from 11 pm to 6 am, the problem is, I NEVER get more than 4 hours straight of sleep, and it's because I automatically get woken up by the my full bladder and the urge to pee.

It's so frustrating that at such young age I can never get good sleep, hell, I can't even fall asleep on afternoons even when I already feel like dying. I actually keep track of the nights I had slept 5+ hours this year, which only happened 4 times.

TLDR:

I pee A LOT. Every hour or 2 during work. I already went to the doctors and everything's normal. Except that it's not. I know that my mind plays a huge role in this condition, that I think about peeing all the time and that's why I can already feel my bladder filling up even if I just peed. I know this because I can last 3 to 4 hours not peeing when I drive, which obviously makes me focused on driving. My anxiety is f**king up my gains, my eyebags, my face, and most of all, my already-shortened life.

I need help or any advise from anyone at all if they know some kind of food or drinks I should be consuming. If there's a magic f**kin lamp I see I'd wish nothing but to be able to sleep 6 uninterrupted hours if I wanted to.

Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kpissoutbye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try drinking less water or any other beverage before bed, especially before bed. Honestly just drink when you're thirsty. That aside, I had problems sleeping before. For me the problem was largely related to how important I thought the sleep was, which just made me stress out even more as I was lying in the bed trying to fall asleep. Eventually I just said **** it, idc if I don't get any sleep or if I'm tired tomorrow, because whether I care about it or not I'm still gonna feel the same. As I cared less about my sleep and how tired I felt the next day, ironically I started to sleep better. It didn't happen overnight (<- pun), but now I don't have any trouble falling asleep or sleeping. That said, my problem wasn't related to having to go pee, but maybe it can give some guidance anyway.

BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    melatonin + don’t drink before bed. The second ones kinda common sense if you constantly get up to pee during sleep

Yeah, melatonin helps but mostly because of the placebo effect it brings. But that's not the point of my post though. I usually don't have trouble falling and falling back to sleep, the problem I'm looking to solve here is how to avoid having to pee in such short time intervals.

Originally Posted by Kpissoutbye View Post
    Try drinking less water or any other beverage before bed, especially before bed. Honestly just drink when you're thirsty. That aside, I had problems sleeping before. For me the problem was largely related to how important I thought the sleep was, which just made me stress out even more as I was lying in the bed trying to fall asleep. Eventually I just said **** it, idc if I don't get any sleep or if I'm tired tomorrow, because whether I care about it or not I'm still gonna feel the same. As I cared less about my sleep and how tired I felt the next day, ironically I started to sleep better. It didn't happen overnight (<- pun), but now I don't have any trouble falling asleep or sleeping. That said, my problem wasn't related to having to go pee, but maybe it can give some guidance anyway.
    I will definitely try that. I also know that overthinking about a situation only worsens it. The only reason I drink a lot of water throughout the day anyway is that I'm afraid of being at risk of diseases linked to dehydration of some sort.

~bump

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kristofrein View Post
    Yeah, melatonin helps but mostly because of the placebo effect it brings. But that's not the point of my post though. I usually don't have trouble falling and falling back to sleep, the problem I'm looking to solve here is how to avoid having to pee in such short time intervals.
    melatonin is not a placebo.

It's not a guarantee of sleep but it definitely a direct hormonal influence.