BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)

Football workout for total beginner.

I am in 8th grade and want to try out for freshman football. I really don't know what position I would be good for, but I rather play defense than offense. I am not very fast. I am about 5'6'' and 155-158 lbs. I don't know whether I should bulk or cut. I would like a workout that builds strength quickly using only free weights. Also, I want a program that doesn't include heavy squatting. Thanks to all that reply. P.S. I don't know if I should include cardio, but I have poor endurance. If anyone has a comment on that, please help.

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    well i person like me if i was a coach i would get every player opn my team very tall i would never get someone small thats just me but if your 5'6 you better be the faster ****er out there or your not gonna have any chance you can be cb but YOU WILL GET MOSSED

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    its a hard postioning and cardio question ahh you will get breaks but in highschool it depends on your offense if they suck you better have a good cardio to have endurence if there good you will have time to sit and rest

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude...I wrote this asking for help, not to get put down. With a 120 bench, you better hit the gym.

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rottengazebo
    Dude...I wrote this asking for help, not to get put down. With a 120 bench, you better hit the gym.
    Don't pay attention to that guy man...if you can actually read that nonsense.
    For a beginner in football, you want to focus on a few simple (but effective) exercises like Bench press, military press, squats and deadlifts. These movements are all going to increase your overall strength and power on the field. If you run a search on here or check out the workout database on the main site, i'm positive you'll be able to dig something up.

Good luck man.
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

Originally Posted by muirsy88
    Don't pay attention to that guy man...if you can actually read that nonsense.
    For a beginner in football, you want to focus on a few simple (but effective) exercises like Bench press, military press, squats and deadlifts. These movements are all going to increase your overall strength and power on the field. If you run a search on here or check out the workout database on the main site, i'm positive you'll be able to dig something up.

Good luck man.
    Thanks. I can actually understand your post...

watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) watchandsee23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thats the dumbest SOB on the section of this forum. You still ahve time to grow you're only an 8th grader. You shuld start with basic movements like Bench, Squat, Deadlift, military press. Like Muirsy said look on the ain site database and you should find something you like.

Robby_ #52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Robby_ #52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Originally Posted by rottengazebo
    Dude...I wrote this asking for help, not to get put down. With a 120 bench, you better hit the gym"

O, where's an "Owned!" picture when I need one?

Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shervin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What do you expect? Your obviously gonna get criticized for everything you do. If you cant handle reading what Delta said, how are you gonna react when theirs hundreds of fans yelling every name in the book at you?

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Shervin
    What do you expect? Your obviously gonna get criticized for everything you do. If you cant handle reading what Delta said, how are you gonna react when theirs hundreds of fans yelling every name in the book at you?
    Are you a complete moron?

The guy asked for a basic workout program, not for advice on what type of offence his school might run and whatever else that dickhead said. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't critisizing him anyway, just giving him some ****ty, illiterate 'advice'.
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cadillac Jones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in 8th grade and want to try out for freshman football. I really don't know what position I would be good for, but I rather play defense than offense. I am not very fast. I am about 5'6'' and 155-158 lbs. I don't know whether I should bulk or cut. I would like a workout that builds strength quickly using only free weights. Also, I want a program that doesn't include heavy squatting. Thanks to all that reply. P.S. I don't know if I should include cardio, but I have poor endurance. If anyone has a comment on that, please help.
    Sup, first just like to say I love seeing people getting into football my favorite sport lol. been playin since 5, im 18 now. Anyway, even though you rather play defense than offense do both. Trust me you may be better on offense then you are on defense or vice versa. Plus its freshman year and your first year in footbal period? yeah do both sides of the ball. umm 5'6 around 155-155lbs?

Are you fast? Offense youll look good at running back. 5'6 is not a bad height for a back in his freshman year. Defense? Try linebacker or a DB.

As far as a workout including weights I couldnt tell you much. Getting ready for your positions, you can video tapes and Dvds which will be helpful.

McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McNeilMaverick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You Sound kinda like me except a lil heavier..... I would start doing alot of running .. If your endurance sucks then run fast short sprints to get quicker until you can run a fast pace for a long time... Try to run a distance at a fast pace and eevry week try to add another half of the distance at the same speed. For example If you run 300 m one week then run 450m the next. Then I would Work on plyos, and start lunges and power cleans AND deadlift
    Stats 11/23/06
    Weight: 142 Lbs
    Bodyfat %: 10 to 13%
    Height- 5 feet 8 inches
    Bench- 150 Lbs x 1
    Clean- STILL WORKING ON FORM
    ATG Squat- 170 lbs x 1
    Deadlift- 215 lbs x 1
    Vertical:Will be getting soon
    40 Time: Will be getting soon

Matthew 10:28

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't listen to Delta, he's obsessed with height, and most (if not all) of his advice is worthless.

Suffers from mazophilia RavensFan2k3's Avatar
    RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RavensFan2k3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

this is a good program...I'd read up on it in the thread
    Ravens fan and Gators fan 4 life

***Florida Gators Crew***

Ringerrr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude dont even trip... its high school football... FRESHMAN football at that.. You're going to grow, you're going to get faster... go to the weightroom.. work with the track team (u dont have to compete). Dont worry about your size at all right now... but if i were you at that size... id look into CB/S.

hell, u might be 5'6 now, dont be shocked if you still have a growth spurt somewhere and hit a couple inches b4 the season even starts. I wouldnt even worry about working out right now... just wait til you get with the coaches, then you'll have 4 years to work all that out. Just IMO, but from experience let me tell you that the next 4 years you're going to experience alot of height/weight changes.

So to sum it up best thing to do IMO.... is when you get to the summer, literally walk up and introduce yourself to the VARSITY coach, and inform him of your goals, this is what they are there for. If your coach has any pride in his job... he'll help you reach those goals, as it is rare to see a 14 year old walk up and introduce himself like a man... makes for a good impression. If there is a VARSITY DB specific coach there, get good with him as well.

Wouldnt worry about your frosh coaches too much, they are just there to make it possible for you to play and to teach you the game at a very low level... respect them though, but try to work your way to JV immediately, then try to get at that Varsity level for your sophomore year. Even if you do not get very much PT as a letterwinner your sophomore year, you gain experience, and you gain football strength by playing with the Junior and Seniors. Dont be discouraged if you dont make Var by that Sophomore year though, there are many NCAA athletes who dont play Varsity til their Junior years, and often times even thier Senior years. Take it all in progression, but try to make it through that progression rapidly.

One last point... dont work out til u get to HS, u dont know what ur doing yet, i dont mean to belittle you, but its just gonna be the truth and u wont realize it til you get there and its not a good idea to **** up your next 4 years just cause u couldnt wait 3 months..... good luck, your road to NCAA if you choose to go there starts in July!
    Last edited by Ringerrr; 04-01-2006 at 06:24 PM.

hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000) hardwork08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i played up to 8th grade at about 5'2" 110 and did j/ fine on both sides(flanker and cb)...j/ get psyched to hit instead of getting hit and u'll be fine for this year

delta..i was 5'2" and didn't get 'mossed' at all so i guess there goes your theory
    Semper Hungry

payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i never played freshman ball i was always on varsity

payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) payton34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hardwork08
    i played up to 8th grade at about 5'2" 110 and did j/ fine on both sides(flanker and cb)...j/ get psyched to hit instead of getting hit and u'll be fine for this year

delta..i was 5'2" and didn't get 'mossed' at all so i guess there goes your theory
    and you only played up to 8th grade not highschool which delta is prolly talkin bout

Atownlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atownlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atownlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atownlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sorry

Sorry to completly flame your thread... However, First of all... You don't need to worry about it Ringger had a good post and look into that for guidence.. Now what my main point is... You guys don't run 4.5's 40's i can't imagine you guys being .1 away from Vince young or Reggie bush.. I just don't believe that for a second.. If you have that laser timed and official then i will shut up but I don't understand what makes ya'll so good and impressive when you blatently lie about your speed and strength... This is a place to help others as well as compare yourself with others.. Not brag because actions speak louder than words...

I'm sorry for this pointless post I just can't stand when people lie about that stuff it makes no sense. *Hint Delta force.... By the way if your 18 and run a 4.2 40 you should be in the olympics.
    agustus gloop

boxhead51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just go out to the team and you'll be fine you get in shape with just being on the team do worry abou anything do what your coaches tell you

SeniorChiefRet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know this is a long time ago but I couldn't help replying after deltaforce's comment. 1. Obviously he's not deltaforce, because elite special forces know that great comes in all sizes. 2. He doesn't watch football... Bob Sanders at 5'8" was one of the best strong safeties the game ever seen. Two time pro bowler, he didn'tget mossed. Hahaha, "he would get every player tall" lmfao, it's not basketball. Nice to see everyone else telling you to ignore that. No way he was 27, one of the most immature post as an adult I've ever seen. As I'm sure you figured out, size doesn't matter. In 2012 I went to a Chargers vs Raiders game and watched Joselio Hanson, CB, 5'9" 175 lbs, non drafted walkon, stand flat footed on the 50 yard line during warmups, throw a bullet through the uprights. SIZE DON'T MATTER! A man plays football in the NFL today with one hand. Nothing is impossible

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SeniorChiefRet View Post
    I know this is a long time ago but I couldn't help replying after deltaforce's comment. 1. Obviously he's not deltaforce, because elite special forces know that great comes in all sizes. 2. He doesn't watch football... Bob Sanders at 5'8" was one of the best strong safeties the game ever seen. Two time pro bowler, he didn'tget mossed. Hahaha, "he would get every player tall" lmfao, it's not basketball. Nice to see everyone else telling you to ignore that. No way he was 27, one of the most immature post as an adult I've ever seen. As I'm sure you figured out, size doesn't matter. In 2012 I went to a Chargers vs Raiders game and watched Joselio Hanson, CB, 5'9" 175 lbs, non drafted walkon, stand flat footed on the 50 yard line during warmups, throw a bullet through the uprights. SIZE DON'T MATTER! A man plays football in the NFL today with one hand. Nothing is impossible
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nobody cares that you bumped a 12 year old thread just to get your 2 cents in.

PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuckMafsLegs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SeniorChiefRet View Post
    You bumped a thread so old that the OP is married, owns a small home in Tennesse and has 3 kids

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PuckMafsLegs View Post
    You bumped a thread so old that the OP is married, owns a small home in Tennesse and has 3 kids
    And it was his first and only post. Glad he got that off his plate.

Registered User malikabdulwahab's Avatar
    malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50) malikabdulwahab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you actually know, for a beginner in football, you want to focus on a few simple (but effective) exercises like Bench press, military press, squats and deadlifts. These movements are all going to increase your overall strength and power on the field.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by malikabdulwahab View Post
    Do you actually know, for a beginner in football, you want to focus on a few simple (but effective) exercises like Bench press, military press, squats and deadlifts. These movements are all going to increase your overall strength and power on the field.
    Whew. I'm glad you helped out here. Please disregard the posts above yours.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Whew. I'm glad you helped out here. Please disregard the posts above yours.
    For all we know OP figured it out, played colelge football, and is coming up on the end of his rookie contract.