Closed Thread
    timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Advice on Bluetooth Headphones?

Trying to find some opinions. I'm looking into getting some bluetooth earphones for use at the gym and probably under my full-face helmet when on the bike. Budget in mind with X-mas and all that jazz, I'm looking to keep it under the $100 mark or atleast something close if I can find a good deal on schme-bay.

So far, I've looked into the Motorol ROKR S9 and newer S9HD - a behind the ear and behind the neck set-up that I think will fit under the helmet easy enough and is supposed to be ok for "active wear". I've also seen ones from Altec Lansing that are pretty well-reviewed. I've checked out Cnet, but they're hit or miss at times with reviews.

Any opinions out there? Anybody have anything that works good and might fit my big ol' cranium?

Thanks.
    Reppin the 1-17

...still pissin in Cheerios...

MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I searched JayBird ones were the first ones that came up. They are 130 from the company that makes them but maybe cheaper online somewhere else? I don't know much about these...I swore I heard that Apple had done something to keep music from being playable through bluetooth but these ones say that it plays them from the iphone, etc.

Didn't even know these existed to be honest, brb doing research.

James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) James Klein is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Jawbone FTW!

Edit: My bad - thought it was for cell phone
    Last edited by James Klein; 11-30-2009 at 09:24 AM.
    www.ergopharm.com

timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) timdull2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks, MBS. I've been looking at a number of them lately and it's all starting to bleed together. The Jaybird are up there in price, but maybe the quality is worth it. The search goes on...

Jawbone? Do they make a stereo unit? I have an older Motorola one that is a single-ear and doesn't work too bad. I hardly ever use it and haven't used it for music.

I won't be pairing it with an apple product. For the past 2 years, I've been using a Sony mp3 player that I like a lot, but keep blowing earphones because I crank the music as high as it'll go. The mp3 isn't giving me the same output these days, perhaps it's on its way to the recycling bin. But I have an LG Dare that's stereo 'tooth compatible and it'd be easy to pocket the phone and go from there.
    Reppin the 1-17

MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by timdull2 View Post
    Thanks, MBS. I've been looking at a number of them lately and it's all starting to bleed together. The Jaybird are up there in price, but maybe the quality is worth it. The search goes on...

Jawbone? Do they make a stereo unit? I have an older Motorola one that is a single-ear and doesn't work too bad. I hardly ever use it and haven't used it for music.

I won't be pairing it with an apple product. For the past 2 years, I've been using a Sony mp3 player that I like a lot, but keep blowing earphones because I crank the music as high as it'll go. The mp3 isn't giving me the same output these days, perhaps it's on its way to the recycling bin. But I have an LG Dare that's stereo 'tooth compatible and it'd be easy to pocket the phone and go from there.
    The Jaybird thing I posted looks really neat, I am going to give them a try I think...

As far as the Jawbone, I searched around for it and it just looks like a high quality bluetooth for cell phones, not seeing anything speaker/music oriented about it.

sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000) sizeNstrength is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My only advice in regards to bluetooth is as follows:

DO NOT WEAR IT IN A FRIKKIN MOVIE THEATER

That damn blue light flashes during the whole movie and it pisses me off. I have taken to purchasing skittles at the movie concession stand to whip them as hard as I can at the back of the head of those who insist on keeping them in and on during the movie.

/rant

yes mad

yes pet peeve

Misc Scotch Crew.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=591771253&posted=1#post591771253
    ITT We drink like men

Originally Posted by sizeNstrength View Post
    My only advice in regards to bluetooth is as follows:

DO NOT WEAR IT IN A FRIKKIN MOVIE THEATER

That damn blue light flashes during the whole movie and it pisses me off. I have taken to purchasing skittles at the movie concession stand to whip them as hard as I can at the back of the head of those who insist on keeping them in and on during the movie.

/rant

yes mad

yes pet peeve

ROFLMAO!!! Nah, man. I don't do that sort of stuff. My phone is always on vibe during a flick or anywhere else that it could be annoying. I don't carry it onto the gym floor with me for that reason, and the only time I did was the last few weeks of wifey's pregnancy just in case.
    Reppin the 1-17

riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000) riseboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had the S9-HD's for about 6 months and haven't had any problems with it. I usually get 2-3 workouts off a full charge. I was a bit leery as to how long it would last since I sweat alot during workouts but I'm pleased it has lasted so far. Sound quality is decent for what I use it for; mainly in the gym. I've used it a few times for calls but don't really care for it. I have a big head so I don't think you'd have a problem. Don't know about the helmet clearance. hope that helps.

It doesn't help you now, but they were on sale for 50 at bestbuy last week so maybe they'll go on sale again.
    Physical Therapist

These posts are not to be accepted or inferred as medical advice.

MelissaJones1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I were you I would check out the Parrot Zik 2.0 Wireless Headphones. They are under $100 and super good quality! I love my pair!