AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Need Help with making a Poor Decision

Okay, so I have the surgery to remove my wisdom teeth tomorrow. They told me (very "firmly") that I am to not have any water or food after midnight (my appointment is at 9:30 AM).
    My gym had a notice on the front doors and in the locker rooms since last week that said they would be closed on Tuesday (July 4th) and reopen Wednesday at 5 AM so I didn't work out Tuesday. Wednesday I head to my gym to get there by 5, I normally am at the gym by 3:20 AM to avoid the crowding. Apparently nobody partied on July 4th because everyone was there at 5 (even the few that are there along with me at 3 AM and on through the morning before 5 AM). So I headed to the one that is about 15 minutes from me, and there was like nobody there so I happily headed in. The lady at the desk tells me that they weren't closed Tuesday, but they did close early at noon..........WHAT THE ****!!!! Some idiot put the notice up saying CLOSED TUESDAY, JULY 4TH! So I was a little aggravated.... a lot aggravated.... really freaking annoyed that I missed a day I could've worked out.
    Now, because I missed that day and I don't know how I am going to feel this weekend after the surgery, I want to hit the gym tomorrow morning but not sure if it's a good idea since I am not supposed to have food OR liquids from midnight on..... and I probably won't really be able to eat much after surgery.
    Should I go ahead with my poor (stupid) decision, or should I just take the 3 days off and relax?
    Other profiles
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hadley.freesoul/

********: https://www.********.com/andrea.n.hadley

Dailymile: http://www.dailymile.com/people/Andrea_Hadley#ref=tophd

firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000) firedwithiron is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is just 3 days off. It is good to deload and relax sometimes, especially if you are going to get some dental work. 3 days isn't 3 months. Just get back onto the workout wagon again when you are feeling recovered from your wisdom teeth removal.

I would not workout without at least being able to drink water.

I can confirm you will feel awful for a few days post dental surgery, also, fyi.

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would listen to the doctor and take the time off. It can be dangerous to lift after having your teeth removed. They'll talk to you about things like dry socket and avoiding the use of straws. Pressure from lifting can also be an issue and disturb the clots. Holding your breath, increased heart rate, pressure from heavy lifting. All those are not good things to have going on. I'm a rule follower so I'd suggest listening to doctor's orders so you can heal up and get back to it.
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.********.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not an oral surgeon, nor do I play one on tv. However, I can't think of even one good reason to train tomorrow morning while you're under no food / no water restrictions. At best, you would further dehydrate yourself headed into surgery, which doesn't seem like the greatest idea in the world.

Forcing training around things like surgeries (before or after in less than ideal circumstances) will do you no good, and could cause quite a bit of harm. Taking extra days off will leave you in a better position to recover from surgery, and you will lose absolutely no muscle, conditioning, or anything else. If you do happen to be someone who is obsessive about training to the extent that you can't take days off, that would be a separate issue.

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Nothing happens in 3 days. Good luck with your surgery and enjoy the rest.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000) AnHadley87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tell that to my obsessive, compulsive, insecure side......... *face palm*....... lol... oh this is going to be difficult to rest for 3 days. .. especially since this is the week I've changed things up and am ready and fired up to get **** done, now I have to take 3 days and do nothing.... f*ck me.......
    I shouldn't say difficult, because I don't know how I'll feel after the surgery and during the weekend, but skipping tomorrow is definitely going to be difficult......da*n it ...
    Other profiles

Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000) Naljama is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by AnHadley87 View Post
    Okay, so I have the surgery to remove my wisdom teeth tomorrow. They told me (very "firmly") that I am to not have any water or food after midnight (my appointment is at 9:30 AM).
    My gym had a notice on the front doors and in the locker rooms since last week that said they would be closed on Tuesday (July 4th) and reopen Wednesday at 5 AM so I didn't work out Tuesday. Wednesday I head to my gym to get there by 5, I normally am at the gym by 3:20 AM to avoid the crowding. Apparently nobody partied on July 4th because everyone was there at 5 (even the few that are there along with me at 3 AM and on through the morning before 5 AM). So I headed to the one that is about 15 minutes from me, and there was like nobody there so I happily headed in. The lady at the desk tells me that they weren't closed Tuesday, but they did close early at noon..........WHAT THE ****!!!! Some idiot put the notice up saying CLOSED TUESDAY, JULY 4TH! So I was a little aggravated.... a lot aggravated.... really freaking annoyed that I missed a day I could've worked out.
    Now, because I missed that day and I don't know how I am going to feel this weekend after the surgery, I want to hit the gym tomorrow morning but not sure if it's a good idea since I am not supposed to have food OR liquids from midnight on..... and I probably won't really be able to eat much after surgery.
    Should I go ahead with my poor (stupid) decision, or should I just take the 3 days off and relax?

Chill and take the time off. Make up for it extra hard when you're back or something..you'll be fine, come on, you know that! You won't lose any gains during this little time...

Some girls get boob jobs and have to be out of the gym for 1-2 weeks sometimes more...some get other types of more serious surgery and have to be out for months...consider yourself lucky!

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    agreed with above take the rest before surgery, and I am betting that after you won't be caring for those 2 days at all good luck and feel better
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    agreed with above take the rest before surgery, and I am betting that after you won't be caring for those 2 days at all good luck and feel better
    Something tells me you're right..... the mouth is a very intriguing b*tch, I know I was up to running a mile 3-4 weeks after my son was born (homebirth). And by the 6th week I was starting my new training cycle for my 2nd half marathon, sadly I learned the hard way that my body wasn't ready to get back to it as I ended up tearing my right groin.... now that was freaking stupid..
    Other profiles

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [QUOTE=AnHadley87;1510906831]Tell that to my obsessive, compulsive, insecure side......... now I have to take 3 days and do nothing/QUOTE]

Very strange post IMO. 3 days?! I've taken 3 days "off" just in a normal training week before if i happen to be busy with other stuff 3 days on the trot.

And you don't have to do nothing. Focus on something else im your life?
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with the rest. Three days won't kill you. But if you still feel a bit stir crazy...do some light stretching or write down some workout goals and plans on how to achieve those goals.

As for how you will feel after the surgery...Well you aren't going to find that out until after surgery. People can only tell you what their experience is, but trust me...they differ significantly. Like for my sister...she was miserable after surgery, needed the medication they prescribed her and ate soft foods for about a week. For me, I felt great immediately after surgery, was eating solid foods later that night and maybe took a few ibuprofen at most.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    I agree with the rest. Three days won't kill you. But if you still feel a bit stir crazy...do some light stretching or write down some workout goals and plans on how to achieve those goals.

As for how you will feel after the surgery...Well you aren't going to find that out until after surgery. People can only tell you what their experience is, but trust me...they differ significantly. Like for my sister...she was miserable after surgery, needed the medication they prescribed her and ate soft foods for about a week. For me, I felt great immediately after surgery, was eating solid foods later that night and maybe took a few ibuprofen at most.
    I hope I have your experience lol.

Well, I didn't go work out this morning. I am starving, thirsty as hell and waiting for my mom to pick me up (she has to stay there and then drive me home). I am also very, very grumpy...........
    Other profiles

[QUOTE=chamelious;1510970631]
    Tell that to my obsessive, compulsive, insecure side......... now I have to take 3 days and do nothing/QUOTE]

Very strange post IMO. 3 days?! I've taken 3 days "off" just in a normal training week before if i happen to be busy with other stuff 3 days on the trot.

And you don't have to do nothing. Focus on something else im your life?
    Obviously you wouldn't understand........
    Other profiles

Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Notafitchick has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No trying to sound rude but the momma in me makes me say this.... The fact you're more worried about the gym than you're own personal safety and care after having sedation drugs pumped into you alarms me.

Please worry about caring for yourself. Some people come out of surgery and are fine the next day, but by no means do you need to get hot are sweaty for a few days after this surgery. Yes, it's wisdom teeth but you will be swollen and nerves will be affected. Please take proper care of yourself so you don't cause any type of infection. The last thing you want to get is an infection in your mouth of all places.

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I hope I have your experience lol.

Well, I didn't go work out this morning. I am starving, thirsty as hell and waiting for my mom to pick me up (she has to stay there and then drive me home). I am also very, very grumpy...........

Oh you would love my experience. I only got to 97 with the countdown from 100 before I was out like a light. I woke up right after the procedure was done with an great high from the anesthesia. It was like being drunk but with none of the side effects. Hell I was joking around with everyone and asking my mom if I could drive home. LOL. Granted I wasn't very active at that time so really didn't do much after the surgery.

But I completely understand how you feel. Some feel it is obsessive. Probably for them, it would be. I don't see it that way because for me...lifting weights isn't something that I do to stay in shape or get stronger (those are really great side effects)...but the main reason I do it is because I absolutely love doing it and there really isn't any other activity I would prefer doing (okay maybe aerial silks but that isn't much better. LOL). It isn't any different than people the love doing crafts, working on their cars, gardening or reading books. Granted, since it is more physically strenuous...you do need to take breaks for recovery and have to be more careful when you are sick, injured, etc. But why hold yourself back from doing something you love just because others see it as obsessive.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

The rundown
    So the surgery went great, I don't remember a damn thing of it. The surgeon guy was good looking That was nice lol
    I think they started lowering my chair around 10:06 AM and he was asking me questions about my running and working out (distracting me from the needle and what was about to happen... it didn't work lol).
    The nurse placed the nose thingy (I guess the gas) in my nostrils and they were doing all that whatever they do preparing everything and I was out before anything was stuck in my mouth or even that weird light thing above you was brought down and turned on. I was f*cking out man!!!
    A nurse began to wake me almost suddenly, it felt immediate. I think it was like 10:20something and somehow she brought me out of that room and to a recliner and I have no recollection of it but remember her talking.
    My mom said she came back there with my son around 10:30 and the nurse told her it only took like 8 minutes for the procedure.... I was expecting to wake up and it would be noon........
    Why the h*ll I didn't get this done years ago is beyond me, that wasn't bad at all.
    I was sleepy, my son got up in my lap and laid on me while my mom went and pulled the car around. My mouth was full of gauze and so freaking numb lol. On our way to the pharmacy I kept falling asleep, even on the way to my house.
    By the time we got inside I was wide awake.... WTF!!!
    Hours later, the numbness is going away and I have yet to feel any pain. I feel great, wide awake and just really good for just having all wisdom teeth pulled out, I fixed me some vanilla pudding mixed with chocolate milk when we got home but I couldn't taste anything at the time.
    My taste buds are coming back, the left corner of my mouth is still numb but overall I feel fantastic!!
    I am craving applesauce though....... like really freaking bad and I have no way to get to the store, but hopefully hubby will be home in half an hour and that problem will be resolved
    Other profiles