halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Juggling my time wisely/minimum muscle loss...

Hi Guys,

So I'm posting for some advice regarding my time and being able to fit workouts in each week. I'll give a bit of background first:

25 year old female, 62/63kg, 5ft 6.
    Working full time at an advertising agency. Freelance designer on evenings and weekends. Currently work out 3 x a week (M, W & F).

My freelance designing has really rocketed over the past couple of weeks and I'm really struggling to get any work done after my workouts. On my workout days, I work from 9am - 5:30pm then get the bus straight to the gym, workout for 45-60 minutes, head home to cook eat and then attempt to get some design work done.
    My problem at the moment is I'm that bloody shattered after a workout I don't have the mental strength and energy to carry out more work.

I was thinking of taking a week off my program just to focus and catch up on my design work and get it to a stage I can balance the work with my lifting schedule. My problem is, I am scared ****less that all my lifting work is going to go out of the window. I have taken a break before and slipped into the routine pf doing nothing and losing all the muscle Ive gained because one week off tends to turn into 1 month off. I'm really pleased with the program I'm on and want to see my bulk phase through to the end of a year.

Can you guys tell me if a week of none training is going to do more damage than good? What do you guys do during a break to ensure you get back in the gym fully motivated after a break? How do you guys balance your work/personal life with your gym/lifting schedule?

Thanks in advance,
    Hannah

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do inactive deloads, so I take a full week off lifting every eight weeks or so. It only helps. Your muscle won't disappear in a week, it'd be like an extended recovery. For me it helps me get my "motivation" (for lack of a better term) back a bit too, because by the end of the week I miss lifting so much I can't wait to get going again.

Motivation though is pretty unreliable, it comes and goes. It's up to you to make yourself get back to it after that week, whether you're feeling particularly motivated or not. Whatever gets you in the gym now should be the same after a break.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by halexis91 View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I'm posting for some advice regarding my time and being able to fit workouts in each week. I'll give a bit of background first:

Working full time at an advertising agency. Freelance designer on evenings and weekends. Currently work out 3 x a week (M, W & F).

My freelance designing has really rocketed over the past couple of weeks and I'm really struggling to get any work done after my workouts. On my workout days, I work from 9am - 5:30pm then get the bus straight to the gym, workout for 45-60 minutes, head home to cook eat and then attempt to get some design work done.
    My problem at the moment is I'm that bloody shattered after a workout I don't have the mental strength and energy to carry out more work.

I was thinking of taking a week off my program just to focus and catch up on my design work and get it to a stage I can balance the work with my lifting schedule. My problem is, I am scared ****less that all my lifting work is going to go out of the window. I have taken a break before and slipped into the routine pf doing nothing and losing all the muscle Ive gained because one week off tends to turn into 1 month off. I'm really pleased with the program I'm on and want to see my bulk phase through to the end of a year.

Can you guys tell me if a week of none training is going to do more damage than good? What do you guys do during a break to ensure you get back in the gym fully motivated after a break? How do you guys balance your work/personal life with your gym/lifting schedule?

Thanks in advance,
    Hannah

A week is nothing unless you lose weight and start eating less then you normally do, but you will feel like you lost strength , why not just cut down on the days ,volume and intensity ?

a good deload does not involve taking time off completely , low intensity lifting/cardio helps recovery better than no lifting at all
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) halexis91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    A week is nothing unless you lose weight and start eating less then you normally do, but you will feel like you lost strength , why not just cut down on the days ,volume and intensity ?

a good deload does not involve taking time off completely , low intensity lifting/cardio helps recovery better than no lifting at all
    So if I carry on eating at my bulking calories, it shouldn't be too hard to pick up where I left off? I did think about reducing the amount of days I did, but thought 3 days a week was quite a solid number. Can I still build a good bit of muscle only working out 1 or 2 days a week?? I assume, I would have to increase the time of my workouts to make up for the days lost?

You mentioned low intensity workouts when taking a break...would 30 minutes of bodyweight exercises every other day at home be enough?

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So if I carry on eating at my bulking calories, it shouldn't be too hard to pick up where I left off? I did think about reducing the amount of days I did, but thought 3 days a week was quite a solid number.

Can I still build a good bit of muscle only working out 1 or 2 days a week?? I assume, I would have to increase the time of my workouts to make up for the days lost?
    that really depends on the program or type of workout you are doing I'd say 2 days full body workouts are the bare minimum to keep making progress , time of workout is irrelevant
    what counts is total volume/intensity the time only influence recovery between sets, so many variables
    the focus should be on the exercises and getting the most out of it , you don't want to rush through because of time constraints and getting fatigues too early so rest between sets is necessary

You mentioned low intensity workouts when taking a break...would 30 minutes of bodyweight exercises every other day at home be enough?
    To maintain muscle mass most important thing is keeping up with the calories and protein intake , a week is not much, you won't lose much in terms of mass
    even if you were eating a reasonable deficit , the biggest change is in the strength and CNS .. I mean if you take a week off and start drinking , staying up late, party etc.. it will definitely mess you up
    you can build muscle even working out one day a week if you eat .. you can even not workout at all and still build muscle just not at the same rate

I don't remember if you are following a program but if you are, it should come with some kind of information about deloading.. when you follow a program it's a bit more complicated than just taking days off , generally speaking if you do 40-50% of what your maxes are that can be considered a deload, taking time off is not a deload it's just time off ..

basically don't stop completely as your CNS will "relax" significantly and will take you longer to return to your average numbers, so even bodyweight at home is fine because it keeps the CNS active firing those muscle fibers
    obviously BW exercises offer a different/limited load than weighted exercises, the key is to cut down on the stress on the body without letting it get too used to it

that's why good programs are awesome they specifically tell you the % of volume/intensity necessary based on the current training and set proper timing for deloading

and why routines without programming are useless .. it's like putting someone on a diet giving them a list of foods to eat and no amounts or instructions on how to cook the food

maybe too much info lol just eat and don't worry too much

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,
    Hannah
    I sympathize because I also work in Marketing and have pulled 50 hour weeks. I also used to have 1 hr commute each way, so I'd get home between 8 and 8:30pm. Some days I'd get home and I'd sit at the dinner table and cry because I didn't even have the energy to pick up the fork and put the food in my mouth.
    As others have said, a week off is no big deal, sometimes you can even make really good gains after taking a little time off.
    In general, I'd say look for ways to simplify your day. Look for ways to work smarter and be more productive, so you get more done in less time. For example, this drives my boss crazy, but I ignore my email for up to 30 minutes at a time if I am in the middle of doing something. Find ways to automate your most frequent and repetitive tasks. Minimize the amount of work that you thought was finished but comes back because it's missing something or it's not working out by paying special attention to detail, so you do the work only once. For gawd's sake leave social media alone, that's the worst time waster of all. Plan your work in detail, make checklists, make sure to get all the information you need upfront.
    Do you really need 2 jobs? Is it a temporary thing, are you trying to transition from one job to another, or is it for purely economic reasons? Is there a way maybe to get a job that pays enough that you don't have to work 2 jobs? Or are there expenses you can lower or eliminate so you can live on 1 income?

Best of luck to you, I feel your pain!
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can you go to the gym before work?

I am not and have never been a morning person but had similar issue, have to be at work around 8 and work until 5 ish with about an hour commute each way - trying to get to the gym at 6ish when its the most crowded and getting home later then dinner doesnt work for me - so even though I can't stand the mornings I want to get my workout in but still get home and have time to eat and decompress, I wake up around 5 and get to the gym around 5:30...

good luck
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by sy2502 View Post
    I sympathize because I also work in Marketing and have pulled 50 hour weeks. I also used to have 1 hr commute each way
    stop whining .. back in the days in the old country we worked 80hrs a week and walk 40km , without shoes .......... and that was just to get bread

what about weekends ? why not go to the gym on the weekend , couple of days nothing too stressful just to get your juices going .. you go in early and get done so you have time to recharge 'and focus on work on weekdays

lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To piggy-back on what sy said, I'd evaluate how you're spending your time. You may even make the time on one of your days off from the gym and write down how you spend your time every hour, if it's not something you've paid attention to. You may find you're doing mundane tasks or that you're on social media for 3 hours out of the day.
    I also work full-time in a fast-paced, unforgiving manufacturing environment, so I also feel your pain. In addition, I maintain 3 side gigs and try to fit in philanthropy work, am married, and have three kids or are active in sports. I say all that to say, there may be something you need to give up. Evaluate your priorities. There are times when I leave 1, 2, or all 3 of my side jobs alone for a while to focus on work (mostly January through April, our busiest time). I'm not sure how your design business works, but with my photography business, I just don't accept or drastically limit the number of clients I take on during this time. Then I pick it back up after April.
    Also, if you're not already, I would try to take a day (I use Sundays) to prepare all of your meals. This may help with the exhaustion when you get home.
    And would it be possible to go home first to get your work done and then go to the gym? Perhaps set aside one hour specifically for your design work and then head off to the gym? For me, once I'm home, it's really hard to get myself back to the gym, but with enough willpower, this may be an option for you.
    I just know how this sort of thing goes - 1, with the taking only a week off and 2, with feeling like that will catch you back up when in reality you're drowning again in another week or two. You may need more of a long-term solution than just a week off.
    I know this doesn't address your fitness question(s), but after sy started it, I figured I'd weigh in on the time management side of it. They always say that a workout is only 45 minutes of your day, but I know it can be tough!
    Food Scientist
    Former ballet dancer
    Wanting to see what this body is capable of!

In general, I'd say look for ways to simplify your day. Look for ways to work smarter and be more productive, so you get more done in less time. For example, this drives my boss crazy, but I ignore my email for up to 30 minutes at a time if I am in the middle of doing something. Find ways to automate your most frequent and repetitive tasks. Minimize the amount of work that you thought was finished but comes back because it's missing something or it's not working out by paying special attention to detail, so you do the work only once. For gawd's sake leave social media alone, that's the worst time waster of all. Plan your work in detail, make checklists, make sure to get all the information you need upfront.
    Do you really need 2 jobs? Is it a temporary thing, are you trying to transition from one job to another, or is it for purely economic reasons? Is there a way maybe to get a job that pays enough that you don't have to work 2 jobs? Or are there expenses you can lower or eliminate so you can live on 1 income?

Best of luck to you, I feel your pain!
    Thanks Sy, it's nice to hear from someone who works in a similar industry. I absolutely hate making excuses for not working out, because it really is only an hour or so out of my day but because I'm lacking energy my workouts are really suffering!

Really and truly, it is possible for me to live on my full time wage. I work for a great company and have received raises without asking over the past 18 months or so. I have no doubt that my wage will continue to go up but it's good to have the second income for now as it means I'm able to save up for long term things such as a car, and hopefully a home. The freelance design is kind of experience for myself too as I'm hoping to go out on my own at some point so this is helping me build my portfolio.

I've decided to take this week off but I definitely think you're correct on the point of time management. I'm going to take your advice and put together a schedule tonight so that my time is laid out in front of me. I have the same issue and tend to spend way too much timeon certain tasks. I absolutely hate having to leave a task incomplete to do something else so I feel your frustration there.

Thanks again for the advice!

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    Can you go to the gym before work?

I am not and have never been a morning person but had similar issue, have to be at work around 8 and work until 5 ish with about an hour commute each way - trying to get to the gym at 6ish when its the most crowded and getting home later then dinner doesnt work for me - so even though I can't stand the mornings I want to get my workout in but still get home and have time to eat and decompress, I wake up around 5 and get to the gym around 5:30...

good luck
    I'm definitely not a morning person lol, never have been and never will be but this is definitely something I've toyed with. It's just finding the motivation to get up early. I wake up earlier than I'd like to anyway so that I can take the dog for a nice long walk before work. I struggle with this sometimes so I have no faith in myself to get up at 6am to make it to the gym. I might try it out on my week back and see how I get on

what about weekends ? why not go to the gym on the weekend , couple of days nothing too stressful just to get your juices going .. you go in early and get done so you have time to recharge 'and focus on work on weekdays
    Sweet idea to be honest. I've always left my weekends completely free to recover from my manic week, but I guess if I was to keep after work free, then a Saturday and Sunday morning are a good shout.

I think I just need to hire someone to organise my life haha

Originally Posted by lchoward View Post
    And would it be possible to go home first to get your work done and then go to the gym? Perhaps set aside one hour specifically for your design work and then head off to the gym? For me, once I'm home, it's really hard to get myself back to the gym, but with enough willpower, this may be an option for you.
    I just know how this sort of thing goes - 1, with the taking only a week off and 2, with feeling like that will catch you back up when in reality you're drowning again in another week or two. You may need more of a long-term solution than just a week off.
    I know this doesn't address your fitness question(s), but after sy started it, I figured I'd weigh in on the time management side of it. They always say that a workout is only 45 minutes of your day, but I know it can be tough!
    Thanks lchoward...you sound like super mom...I feel ridiculous for complaining now lol!

Thanks for the suggestion but going home to do some work and going back out just isn't an option. Once my arse hits a chair at home, you'll be lucky to get me back up to even get a drink, terrible I know. If I carry on working out during the week, it would definitely have to be straight after work or right before. I'm definitely going to work out something more long term. I'm hoping putting together a proper timed schedule will be the start of it.

Sweet idea to be honest. I've always left my weekends completely free to recover from my manic week, but I guess if I was to keep after work free, then a Saturday and Sunday morning are a good shout.

Mhh... I thought for my next career

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks Sy, it's nice to hear from someone who works in a similar industry. I absolutely hate making excuses for not working out, because it really is only an hour or so out of my day but because I'm lacking energy my workouts are really suffering!

Really and truly, it is possible for me to live on my full time wage. I work for a great company and have received raises without asking over the past 18 months or so. I have no doubt that my wage will continue to go up but it's good to have the second income for now as it means I'm able to save up for long term things such as a car, and hopefully a home. The freelance design is kind of experience for myself too as I'm hoping to go out on my own at some point so this is helping me build my portfolio.

I've decided to take this week off but I definitely think you're correct on the point of time management. I'm going to take your advice and put together a schedule tonight so that my time is laid out in front of me. I have the same issue and tend to spend way too much timeon certain tasks. I absolutely hate having to leave a task incomplete to do something else so I feel your frustration there.

Thanks again for the advice!
    I understand completely! I did the same 10 years ago, I wanted to switch jobs so I had a full time job and then I'd take evening classes and worked on personal projects to create a portfolio. I was 10 years younger though, if I tried it now it would kill me LOL. I really wish you the very best with what you are trying to accomplish!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bean100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How convenient is your gym? I just changed jobs and my hours almost tripled. Before, I was going to a gym that was a little further from my place and from my new job which meant I had to get up earlier. (I'm a morning gym-goer) So, I started going to the one across from my building which cut down on travel time. I also have a private locker and they do my laundry so I don't have to worry about grabbing gym clothes. Little things have made the morning workouts a lot easier.

Originally Posted by Bean100 View Post
    How convenient is your gym? I just changed jobs and my hours almost tripled. Before, I was going to a gym that was a little further from my place and from my new job which meant I had to get up earlier. (I'm a morning gym-goer) So, I started going to the one across from my building which cut down on travel time. I also have a private locker and they do my laundry so I don't have to worry about grabbing gym clothes. Little things have made the morning workouts a lot easier.
    Fantastic point!! At a previous job, I was nowhere near a gym so I had to drive a lot to get to one. I'd usually go after work and of course traffic would be ridiculous, so it was like adding a second commute to my commute. Now I have the giant luck of working for a company with a gym on the premises ( around the corridor from my office) which makes a HUGE difference. It's not a big gym, it's missing some equipment I really would like to have, but the convenience is unbeatable. If I have any dead time at work, I can just go to the gym then come back and continue working. I send an email to my group "if you need me come grab me at the gym".

lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lchoward has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the suggestion but going home to do some work and going back out just isn't an option. Once my arse hits a chair at home, you'll be lucky to get me back up to even get a drink, terrible I know. If I carry on working out during the week, it would definitely have to be straight after work or right before. I'm definitely going to work out something more long term. I'm hoping putting together a proper timed schedule will be the start of it.
    Hey, no judging here! I am the SAME way! I have to go immediately after work or it ain't happening. Once I'm home, I'm home!
    Food Scientist
    Former ballet dancer
    Wanting to see what this body is capable of!

well if you don't workout the whole week then you don't need the weekend to recover

well if you don't workout the whole week then you don't need the weekend to recover
    Good point, when I miss some workouts during the week, I'll work double time on the weekend.

So, I went back to the gym after a week off yesterday. By Friday I was gagging to get back in lol. I understand where people were coming from now regarding recovery, as I was able to lift so much yesterday. I feel like taking the week off has increased my strength, not loads but enough for me to notice.

I managed to catch up with all my design work on my week off so I'm enjoying the fresh start this week. I've done a weekly schedule and finally purchased a diary for the year...my boyfriends started coming to the gym with me again so I have that bit more motivation for workouts now too. Now I've just got to remember to keep checking my diary and not let it get lost at the bottom of my handbag lol.

Thanks for all of the great info and suggestions guys...I still might end up doing weekends sometime in the near future though as I like the idea of having evenings to myself

Good point, when I miss some workouts during the week, I'll work double time on the weekend.
    I spend usually 3 hrs in there, with my schedule it's hard to plan anything so I do full body whenever I can and that's usually back to back days so if i can workout 4 days I'll be squatting 4x but I have to have light days and heavy days or I'd be crawling to work lol

So, I went back to the gym after a week off yesterday. By Friday I was gagging to get back in lol. I understand where people were coming from now regarding recovery, as I was able to lift so much yesterday. I feel like taking the week off has increased my strength, not loads but enough for me to notice.

I managed to catch up with all my design work on my week off so I'm enjoying the fresh start this week. I've done a weekly schedule and finally purchased a diary for the year...my boyfriends started coming to the gym with me again so I have that bit more motivation for workouts now too. Now I've just got to remember to keep checking my diary and not let it get lost at the bottom of my handbag lol.

Thanks for all of the great info and suggestions guys...I still might end up doing weekends sometime in the near future though as I like the idea of having evenings to myself
    glad you found your gym groove... sometime less is more