kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squat Every Day (HIHF) Progressive Overload

I've recently started a squat every day type routine, to be specific the one detailed in the Bulgarian Manual by Greg nockols and Omar Isuf. I was wondering if anyone who has done it could tell me how they go about determining their progressive overload when doing such a program, i.e when to increase the weight. In the manual it states when a weight feels easy for a number of consecutive days you should increase it. Is this the method you guys chose to apply to the weight increase and also by how much did you tend to increase by when you reached that point. The smallest increment? Whilst that is one way I was also wondering if it might be an idea to do it all based off percentages i.e your daily max may be set at 90% 1RM and you test your 1rm weekely or bi-weekly, however such a method has obvious issues.

thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You don't do planned overload. You take what your body will give you each day. Greg describes this in some detail in the book IIRC.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kieranlavelle View Post
    Whilst that is one way I was also wondering if it might be an idea to do it all based off percentages i.e your daily max may be set at 90% 1RM and you test your 1rm weekely or bi-weekly, however such a method has obvious issues.
    Testing 1RM every week or two is probably asking for burnout/regression etc.

Weightlifters usually leave that sort of thing(a true max) for the platform.

If you wanted to use a percentage based system, you could use your last tested gym max(not competition where you are psyched up), and take a conservative 85-90% of that as Training Max or working max. And then hit 85-95% of that conservative TM in a training day, depending on energy etc.

Strength varies several percent due to sleep, mood, hydration, coffee etc, so if you are not really conservative, the same load that was easy last time, could be too hard this time round.

Lift well and prosper.

Take the long term view...
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You don't do planned overload. You take what your body will give you each day. Greg describes this in some detail in the book IIRC.
    This.

I just ran it from October-December last year right after my meet.
    To manage fatigue, I actually did it beltless and high bar (I compete with a belt and low bar). After a while I even switched to making most day front squats.

You don't want to aggressively chase PRs. Set a very manageable daily minimum, and do backoff sets of 2-3 reps 2-3x a week. On the days your daily minimum feels really easy (around 8 RPE, or a weight you could have done for 2 more reps), go ahead and see how much heavier you can go.
    ig: @monkaycrak

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173015051

5/7/16 Meet Results: 391/237/534 @ 161.

9/24/16 Meet Results: 402/242/528 @ 159.

3/18/17 Meet Results: 402/253/545 @ 163.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    ^ Yeah, if you achieve a PR as a daily training max, that's even better than busting a gut to get it.

kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10) kieranlavelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    ^ Yeah, if you achieve a PR as a daily training max, that's even better than busting a gut to get it.
    Tnaks all of you, I missed the mak by miles when reading it and I don't know how. I thought the training max was something one established not what you could work up to on any given day. Thank you. Massive help.