fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000) fairbjosh is just really nice. (+1000)

How To Stay Motivated

For some reason I just can't get motivated to work out in the morning. My alarm clock goes off around 4:30 am and all I do is turn it off and go back to sleep, this really the only time I can work out since when I come home I have to take care of my two girls.

What would you guys suggest on staying motivated to wake up that early and work out?

Jpoche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could you possibly move your workout to late at night and shift your sleep schedule forward a bit? If not then ask yourself where your goals are. Imagine yourself with your goal physique and think about how happy you will be with yourself when you attain it. Or you can do what I do and keep a cup of water and a caffeine pill next to your alarm clock. Caffeine pills are cheap and effective @ $6 for 90 pills that equal 2 cups of coffee each.

cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000) cmackie4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's it, you just have to remember how much you want to reach your goals.
    Make sure you get to sleep earlier, none a this taking your phone to bed or watching tv while in bed, just get those 8 hours and getting up will be so much easier!
    I only know my own ideas of other peoples ideas.

My cut/transformation thread, any pointers welcome! : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176088631

hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fairbjosh View Post
    For some reason I just can't get motivated to work out in the morning. My alarm clock goes off around 4:30 am and all I do is turn it off and go back to sleep, this really the only time I can work out since when I come home I have to take care of my two girls.

What would you guys suggest on staying motivated to wake up that early and work out?
    Do you keep a journal to record your progress? That can be motivating
    Make sure you get enough sleep
    How badly do you want to make gains? I mean this lifestyle isn't for everybody
    "Take it one day at time"
    2 X a week leg crew
    S/D/B = 225/250/135
    NEW Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168835873

LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaurenH11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do this a lot also. One thing that helped me is laying out my clothes the night before and premaking my preworkout shake, supplements just without water in them yet. Something about already having things laid out made it easier for me to get up

illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50) illmadden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm in a similar situation. i get up at 4 am to make sure my afternoon is left open to spend with my wife and/or kids. i have two girls as well...which they've become my primary motivation to work out. my oldest plays at a pretty high level in soccer, so i just don't feel right telling her she needs to train/practice when all i'm doing is sitting on the couch. find a reason you want to make a change and make it happen.

one thing i would suggest to help you get up at 430am is to place your alarm clock somewhere where you need to physically get up to turn off. place it on top of your dresser instead of the night stand. and what lauren said, get your stuff ready the night before. another thing that helps me get motivated to work out the next morning is adding one or two new songs to my playlist each day. so the night before i'm pretty eager to get up to get hype from the new songs i found. find a reason! good luck to you...

UKUFCfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by illmadden View Post
    i'm in a similar situation. i get up at 4 am to make sure my afternoon is left open to spend with my wife and/or kids. i have two girls as well...which they've become my primary motivation to work out. my oldest plays at a pretty high level in soccer, so i just don't feel right telling her she needs to train/practice when all i'm doing is sitting on the couch. find a reason you want to make a change and make it happen.

one thing i would suggest to help you get up at 430am is to place your alarm clock somewhere where you need to physically get up to turn off. place it on top of your dresser instead of the night stand. and what lauren said, get your stuff ready the night before. another thing that helps me get motivated to work out the next morning is adding one or two new songs to my playlist each day. so the night before i'm pretty eager to get up to get hype from the new songs i found. find a reason! good luck to you...
    I agree that laying out your clothes and sorting your food/shake the night before is a good plan, when I worked out early mornings this really helped me, also just get straight up and have a strong black coffee (sounds obvious but it works), don't faff around the house, have your coffee, get your **** and get out ASAP.

blim1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a lot of steps you can prepare yourself and make it easier in the morning, but ultimately, when you wake up, you need to tell yourself, "Get out of bed NOW" and that's where it starts. If you really want it, it'll get easier and easier.
    The people who get after it are addicted to the grind.
    Check out this blog post - I hope it gets your fired up!
    nobodycaresgoharder.com/blogs/news/45010179-addicted-to-the-grind
    http://nobodycaresgoharder.com/

amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) amyhill88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There is a very simple solution to this - move your clock to the other side of the room so when it goes off your FORCED to get out of bed. When you stand up and walk across the room your mind will wake up and you should snap out of the morning fog. That's what worked for me when I was in college.

jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000) jfortuna92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If i were you I would surround yourself with positive media like youtube body transformations thats what I did to overcome anxiety and depression and two years later I just launched my own youtube transformation to inspire others. If your interested copy and paste "Body Transformation Before After Skinny to Muscle: GREAT DIVIDE" to see my journey and how I overcame it. Good luck to you!