Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Seminar with Dan Green

Dan is coming to my city soon, I was wondering if I should get tickets for it as I am a big fan but obviously the main thing I would go for is more lifting knowledge and tips from the boss himself. They're quite expensive, like £160/$240 (not sure why, his previous seminars seem to be priced around $100 but maybe its due to the distance he is travelling).

I was just wondering whether it's worth it or not, I'm not sure if there's a lot more he can tell me than if I continue to be diligent and learn by myself.

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've watched quite a few seminars online from Green and a few other guys, and to be honest, I think if you wanna meet the guy, you wanna know about his personal experiences, get his own opinion, and the price is right, go for it.

The thing is though, you're not gonna get any amazing, mind-blowing advice there. Chances are if you read around and talk to a few people, 90% of what he'll say will be common knowledge easily found elsewhere, and the other 10% may be **** you didn't know, but doesn't always mean it's useful. The seminars I've seen, when they do Q&A, a lot of the Q are on them, what their training's like, what they do in the aspects of nutrition, recovery, competition, so on, which might interest you if you're a DG fan, but you should know very little of that will apply to you, it'll either be applicable to him personally, to elites, or if it is applicable to you, again, it's probably something you could find easily elsewhere.

Not to talk these down or anyone who does these things, I'll go to 1 of those in my area just to meet and talk to em, and like I said if you like DG and wanna ask him about him, or want his personal opinion, there's no better way to do it. In regard to your own training though, there's really no secrets, you know this, everyone knows this, DG won't tell you anything that you haven't heard before in some capacity. You might ask him for useful ques, or cutting advice, or how to train DE (I've heard all these asked before) and it's simple, quick advice you could find online if you wanted.

That's the thing, if it's a Q&A session, the answers have to be short, he can't get all your details and spend hours talking over a response, so with the time he has, his answer is likely to be something generic. I'm not saying it'll be bad advice, no way, but it's unlikely to be anything new, and there are other ways to get that same info besides a seminar.
    Last edited by CJ93UK; 02-10-2015 at 09:18 AM.

FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Cj93uk pretty much hit it on the head. I went to a seminar last week with Chad Wesley Smith. We really didn't cover anything I haven't already covered before. The real draw for me was being able to train with and watch him work. Kind of like how dudes will pay money to go to a sports fantasy camp to play with legends. So it really is a matter of personal satisfaction honestly. Being a fanboy of a lifter isn't a bad thing necessarily. You are helping them pay their bills, and providing them the opportunity to do what they love, which in turn provides you with the knowledge you are seeking. Circle of life Broseph. 💪

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FyrFytr998 View Post
    Cj93uk pretty much hit it on the head. I went to a seminar last week with Chad Wesley Smith. We really didn't cover anything I haven't already covered before. The real draw for me was being able to train with and watch him work. Kind of like how dudes will pay money to go to a sports fantasy camp to play with legends. So it really is a matter of personal satisfaction honestly. Being a fanboy of a lifter isn't a bad thing necessarily. You are helping them pay their bills, and providing them the opportunity to do what they love, which in turn provides you with the knowledge you are seeking. Circle of life Broseph. ��
    I came in to say this - it's not necessarily about listening to their words so much as observing their behaviour and just rubbing elbows with the best there are will always teach you something. I found a seminar with Brandon Lilly very good, and I am going to an Ed Coan seminar in about 6 weeks. Cant f-ing wait.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    I came in to say this - it's not necessarily about listening to their words so much as observing their behaviour and just rubbing elbows with the best there are will always teach you something. I found a seminar with Brandon Lilly very good, and I am going to an Ed Coan seminar in about 6 weeks. Cant f-ing wait.
    Dude, the place where I went to the last seminar is having a private training session with Lilly for 6 people next month. If I were serious about competing, I'd probably drop coin on this.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    His fee probably went up as he now holds the 220 all time total "classic raw",with wraps.

Nobody does it better.... NattyAmerica's Avatar
    NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyAmerica is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I went to his Seminar in Canada back in November.

Everything he talked about were things I've already read and watched on YouTube or his JTS articles. That being said, those were things that took me a while to watch/read/find/research vs paying $100 to have him tell you everything in one day. Pretty much, if you've read all his stuff and watched all his tips on YouTube it wasn't worth it, but if you haven't, it is.

He also teaches you BBSM and fixes your form on the Big 3.

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    His fee probably went up as he now holds the 220 all time total "classic raw",with wraps.
    ...the one he already held and beat by 5kg this past weekend?
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb5k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was at this same seminar and had the exact same opinion about it:

Originally Posted by NattyAmerica View Post
    I went to his Seminar in Canada back in November.

Everything he talked about were things I've already read and watched on YouTube or his JTS articles. That being said, those were things that took me a while to watch/read/find/research vs paying $100 to have him tell you everything in one day. Pretty much, if you've read all his stuff and watched all his tips on YouTube it wasn't worth it, but if you haven't, it is.

He also teaches you BBSM and fixes your form on the Big 3.
    Probably wouldn't pay any more than the $100. Definitely wouldn't pay $240.
    Training: 355/230/396
    Meet (11/29/13): 314/198/368 @ 155 (317 wilks)
    Meet (02/7/15): 352/209/385 @ 161 (323 wilks)

powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) powersquatch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Tal106 View Post
    Dan is coming to my city soon, I was wondering if I should get tickets for it as I am a big fan but obviously the main thing I would go for is more lifting knowledge and tips from the boss himself. They're quite expensive, like £160/$240 (not sure why, his previous seminars seem to be priced around $100 but maybe its due to the distance he is travelling).

I was just wondering whether it's worth it or not, I'm not sure if there's a lot more he can tell me than if I continue to be diligent and learn by myself.
    I would defenetly go, you could learn alot from the legend, and hey, maybe get a pic with him and an autograph if hes up for it, lol. Always something cool to have!

Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sportacus88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As everyone else has said, the information isn't gonna be something you can't already find, but it will still be useful.

But going to a seminar is more of an experience, and actually being in the 'powerlifting' culture. It's kinda like going to a concert. Sure, you can sit at home and listen to the music, whats the point of going to a concert? It is to be apart of the culture, and go out and actually live life, and be around people with similar interests as you. Being apart of something, or around it, is better than always being on your own, and helps you to get motivated.