Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rack pull lower than deadlift

Warmed up with nornal deadlift as guy was using squat rack

last warm up set was 245 lbsx1,max dl is around 265x4

did rack deadlift/rack pull or w/e you call it,put that thing that allows you to have the bar above knees

only did 245x8 ,lower than my dl

is it normal?
    † Guy called me a ******* I called him an ambulance crew †

† I was the one who got in the ambulance.Bet you did not see that coming crew†

2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 2am has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, everybody's body is structured differently, people are stronger in certain areas than others are and everyone has different weaknesses. If the weakest part of your deadlift is indeed the lockout (suggesting weak glutes/lower back strength) then it may be harder to rack pull than to do a full deadlift, as you will have less momentum to help you lock the weight out at the top.

Personally, I find it much easier to rack pull. My rack pull has always been a good 30-40kg more than my deadlift, but that's because my main weak point in the exercise is breaking inertia off the floor. I find that once It's around knee height locking out is simple.

You should incorporate a mixture of deadlift styles into your routine to become a well rounded athlete, such as the deficit deadlift, snatch grip deadlift and the rack pull.
    No sig crew

Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sartogan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2am View Post
    Well, everybody's body is structured differently, people are stronger in certain areas than others are and everyone has different weaknesses. If the weakest part of your deadlift is indeed the lockout (suggesting weak glutes/lower back strength) then it may be harder to rack pull than to do a full deadlift, as you will have less momentum to help you lock the weight out at the top.

Personally, I find it much easier to rack pull. My rack pull has always been a good 30-40kg more than my deadlift, but that's because my main weak point in the exercise is breaking inertia off the floor. I find that once It's around knee height locking out is simple.

You should incorporate a mixture of deadlift styles into your routine to become a well rounded athlete, such as the deficit deadlift, snatch grip deadlift and the rack pull.
    seen somebody like you ,lifting like 45 pounds more weight when doing rack pulls

hope things will sort out and will be able to add way more weight next week

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Sartogan View Post
    Warmed up with nornal deadlift as guy was using squat rack

last warm up set was 245 lbsx1,max dl is around 265x4

did rack deadlift/rack pull or w/e you call it,put that thing that allows you to have the bar above knees

only did 245x8 ,lower than my dl

is it normal?
    Conventional Deadlift

The lower back is instrumental in breaking the weight off the floor in a Conventional Deadlift.

The muscle firing sequences is Back-Legs-Back.

That tell us you have a strong back, in regard the Conventional Deadlift.

Rack Pulls Above Knees

The back is still involved in finishing the pull.

However, the glutes are just as important.

Evaluation

Based on the information you provided, we know you have a strong back, if you're performing the Conventional Deadlift.

However...

1) The back cannot finished the pull by itself.

2) The back is already taxed from breaking the weight off the floor.

3) To finish the pull, requires strong glutes to push the hips through so that you end up in a standing position.

That means you need to focus on some...

Hip Extension Exercises

1) Rack Pulls will work providing you execute them correctly.

2) Heavy Kettlebell Swings

You need to preform the swing with a ketttlebells or dumbbell that at least half your body weight or more.

Example: If you weight 180 lbs, swing a 90 lb kettlebell or dumbbell.

Hungarian Core Blaster: This is a cheap easy way to make your own for $20 plus purchasing some standard 1 inch plates.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JKyWhVGl4

2) Hip Flexor-Back Raises
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh45myksaEs

3) Band Kneeling Hip Thrust
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Pgx8Cl9m0

4) Cable Pull Through
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZ_0_bQcOg

You can do the same thing with an exercise band attached a power rack.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rack pulls above the knees would be an awfully small ROM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Rack pulls above the knees would be an awfully small ROM.
    yeah ik,that's why im concerned

Originally Posted by kennycroxdale View Post
    Conventional Deadlift

The lower back is instrumental in breaking the weight off the floor in a Conventional Deadlift.

The muscle firing sequences is Back-Legs-Back.

That tell us you have a strong back, in regard the Conventional Deadlift.

Rack Pulls Above Knees

The back is still involved in finishing the pull.

However, the glutes are just as important.

Evaluation

Based on the information you provided, we know you have a strong back, if you're performing the Conventional Deadlift.

However...

1) The back cannot finished the pull by itself.

2) The back is already taxed from breaking the weight off the floor.

3) To finish the pull, requires strong glutes to push the hips through so that you end up in a standing position.

That means you need to focus on some...

Hip Extension Exercises

1) Rack Pulls will work providing you execute them correctly.

2) Heavy Kettlebell Swings

You need to preform the swing with a ketttlebells or dumbbell that at least half your body weight or more.

Example: If you weight 180 lbs, swing a 90 lb kettlebell or dumbbell.

Hungarian Core Blaster: This is a cheap easy way to make your own for $20 plus purchasing some standard 1 inch plates.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JKyWhVGl4

2) Hip Flexor-Back Raises
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh45myksaEs

3) Band Kneeling Hip Thrust
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Pgx8Cl9m0

4) Cable Pull Through
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZ_0_bQcOg

You can do the same thing with an exercise band attached a power rack.

Kenny Croxdale
    Thanks for your time writing this long post.

I am following a workout step by step and I'm kinda concerned in adding extra volume?

Do you think I could add some kettlebell sets after rack pull?

That day I am doing

Squats
    Wrist curl
    Seated calf raise
    Rack pull

thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's just a different lift than the deadlift so takes time to get used to. Once you get the hang of it I'm sure your rack pull will be larger than your deadlift off the floor.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My guess is that you deadlift like a man and rack pull like a woman. You deadlift with "let's fukking crush this thing attitude" and rack pull like "Am I gonna hurt my lower back? I gotta lift slowly and carefully to not get hurt"

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    My guess is that you deadlift like a man and rack pull like a woman. You deadlift with "let's fukking crush this thing attitude" and rack pull like "Am I gonna hurt my lower back? I gotta lift slowly and carefully to not get hurt"
    maybe,it was weird for me standing on that box to have the bar above knees

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Sartogan View Post
    Thanks for your time writing this long post.

I am following a workout step by step and I'm kinda concerned in adding extra volume?

Do you think I could add some kettlebell sets after rack pull?
    Yes, adding the kettlebell swing after your rack pulls will work.

Kettlebells

1) They add the eccentric loading component, which deadlift don't.

2) They develop the stretch reflex, which deadlifts usually don't.

3) They increase power output, which heavy deadlifts don't.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looking at your rep structure, it makes sense. For rack pulls, I would focus on more weight with lower reps. Also, if you did a set of 265x4, and then went into 248x8 on the rack pulls, then you may have burned up too much energy.