BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Any soccer players?

Question... what do you guys eat pre-game? and when do you eat your pre-game meal? cuz today, i woke up at two, and thought since my game is at 4 i need to fill glycogen stores fast, so i stuffed myself with cookies and milk, and then tried to swallow some natural oatmeal... i played like **** though, i felt all dehydrated and tired

entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no dairy on the day of games, and certainly no cookies. eat 45mins-1hr45mins before the game depending on your preferences. dont go with oatmeal: too fibrous. id eat a good amount of fruit, take 5 liver tabs, maybe like a skinless sweet potato, and a small bit of lean protein [probably just a scoop of blended so i don't feel too heavy]. also 2-3tbs of flax oil.

Sperkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL u have it so wrong. DONT EAT ANY MEAT. It takes too long to digest. But yet you should eat 1 hour before a game. I usually eat 1 and a half hour before my games. I usually just eat heavy in the morning and then when my games comes at around 7pm, i have like a little snack 1 hour before a game, nothing to big. Just like a banana/oranges and just a light sandwich. oh yeh! Drink LOTS of water! No French Fries, chips, chicken breast or anything heavy on fat like that.
    Last edited by Sperkie; 04-15-2003 at 08:14 PM.
    "I'm a beast...."

oh and u mentioned that u woke up at 2pm and ur game was at 4pm? SLEEP has a BIG difference on your performance. So intead of going out and gettin drunk and sleeping in until 2. Rest!

I played since i was 6 and now im 16. I play OYSL so I know what I'm talking about.
    "I'm a beast...."

entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50) entic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    note that by lean protein i didn't mean meat, i mean't less dense protein: ie, a scoop of i****trix

still i find it kind of funny that someone would want a scoop of "i****trix" before a soccer game. Its a soccer game! Not like he is going to workout or anything... sorry it just seems funny to me.
    "I'm a beast...."

bout 1.5hrs before is still a meal. i have a bit of protein with every meal. doesn't need to be as much as a scoop of i****trix, but i was assuming that like most on here [not i] he takes bodybuilding more seriously than sports so he would want to "maintain some mass" even at the expense of a tad bit of performance.

Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50) Debaser will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    High GI carbs before a game I'd say.

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Sperkie
    oh and u mentioned that u woke up at 2pm and ur game was at 4pm? SLEEP has a BIG difference on your performance. So intead of going out and gettin drunk and sleeping in until 2. Rest!

I played since i was 6 and now im 16. I play OYSL so I know what I'm talking about.

yeah totally dude... i hadnt slept the last night, so i slept from like midnight to 2 pm.... i woke up tired as ****, so i took some ripped fuel 1 hour before my game at 4, hoping it would wake me up... big mistake, with the sun out and the weather at freakin 90 degrees, i was dehydrated to the core

DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaVeYF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i have been advised just before an intense game you should some of those gummy snakes to get ur energy up den ull have enough to work it off during the game

Agile, Mobile and Hostile MYNAMEIZGREG's Avatar
    MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You probably didn't have enough water in your system for ripped fuel to not dehydrate you if you slept until 2 and played at 4.
    Making it my job to educate the younguns...
    --------------------------
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

JuveStriker13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jesus man...

first off

the day before the game is just important as the game itself, relax, don't lift or anything like that, maybe just a light job & stretch, get a good amount of sleep

second

carbs the night before and a light meal high carb approximately 2 hours before kickoff, drink lots of water approximately 4 or 5 hours previous to gametime and you won't feel dehydrated, even tho you'll have pissed it out before u hit the field.

hope this helps.

btw, I play men's A div. provincially ranked team
    Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
    Vince Lombardi (1913 - 1970)

Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Addicted2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Somewhat off this topic BUT...

Why don't some of yous guys post yur (leg) training routine? I have a couple of friends that also play soccer and they have the HUGEST legs!! grrrrrrr

I'll stop hatin, but seriously I would like to know how you guys train to get such massive legs! (other than all the running back and forth) I'm sure they're some non-believers could you post some pics for them?

Registered User aicyellowjacket's Avatar
    aicyellowjacket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Somewhat off this topic BUT...

Originally posted by Addicted2Mass
    Why don't some of yous guys post yur (leg) training routine? I have a couple of friends that also play soccer and they have the HUGEST legs!! grrrrrrr

I'll stop hatin, but seriously I would like to know how you guys train to get such massive legs! (other than all the running back and forth) I'm sure they're some non-believers could you post some pics for them?
    I never did anything for my legs when I played soccer and my quads measured 24" and my calves 15.5" I have since stopped playing soccer and use a typical bodybuilding routine but all of the running, jumping and agility that goes into soccer helped me build up my legs and calves.