xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I think I figured out my problem...

I made the dreaded too much protein problem.

I was under the impression if I stayed within the ratios in the stickies that I would stay in ketosis, so if I was hungry I would grab cheese sticks (high in fat, medium in protein) thinking that if I kept the ratio right, that I would stay in ketosis.

Well, after some reading up I'm finding out protein needs to stay and if I were to be hungry I would eat something that was pure fat. I know a lot of you are probably saying duh but I think this has been my entire issue all along.

Looks like I just need to add some more oil to my eggs & beef instead of grabbing those cheese sticks. I just figured I'd post this as a little reminder to everyone else. Rookie mistake!
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xxx_jfb_xxx View Post
    I made the dreaded too much protein problem.

I was under the impression if I stayed within the ratios in the stickies that I would stay in ketosis, so if I was hungry I would grab cheese sticks (high in fat, medium in protein) thinking that if I kept the ratio right, that I would stay in ketosis.

Well, after some reading up I'm finding out protein needs to stay and if I were to be hungry I would eat something that was pure fat. I know a lot of you are probably saying duh but I think this has been my entire issue all along.

Looks like I just need to add some more oil to my eggs & beef instead of grabbing those cheese sticks. I just figured I'd post this as a little reminder to everyone else. Rookie mistake!
    Eggs, Almonds, and Olive oil are my everyday go to! Sunflower seeds are also amazing to snack on. They really keep those hunger pains away!

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jsherrod View Post
    Eggs, Almonds, and Olive oil are my everyday go to! Sunflower seeds are also amazing to snack on. They really keep those hunger pains away!
    I'm going to buy some cream cheese and try that out. Oils don't seem to do much for me, I need something more solid. Sunflower seeds have 3 net carbs per 1/4 cup. Eggs would add more protein to my diet which is what I don't want.

I think you see my problems...

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsherrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to buy some cream cheese and try that out. Oils don't seem to do much for me, I need something more solid. Sunflower seeds have 3 net carbs per 1/4 cup. Eggs would add more protein to my diet which is what I don't want.

I think you see my problems...
    I do. So what exactly is going wrong with your diet?

Originally Posted by jsherrod View Post
    I do. So what exactly is going wrong with your diet?
    I've reached the max protein & max carbs I can take in and still being in keto but am still dealing with hunger pains. I somehow need to add solid, nearly 100% fat foods. Like just grab a stick of butter and eat it all or something.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

I've reached the max protein & max carbs I can take in and still being in keto but am still dealing with hunger pains. I somehow need to add solid, nearly 100% fat foods. Like just grab a stick of butter and eat it all or something.
    So your goal is to basically to relieve hunger pains? I have started to add in Intermittent fasting to my CKD diet and occasionally get some hunger pains in the morning/mid afternoon. One thing that helps with the pains is water for me.

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude the best thing you can do is add loads of veggies!!! Also doing IF SHOULD help with some of the hunger pangs. Do you take coffee at all as that helps me as well.

Fibre filled veggies will help in multiple ways; feeling full, bowel movements, nutrients etc> I have 2 cups of broccolli with my mince at lunch time and 150g of asparagus with my 6 eggs in the evenings.

Hope this helps.
    "It's all about getting back up"

Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    Dude the best thing you can do is add loads of veggies!!! Also doing IF SHOULD help with some of the hunger pangs. Do you take coffee at all as that helps me as well.

Fibre filled veggies will help in multiple ways; feeling full, bowel movements, nutrients etc> I have 2 cups of broccolli with my mince at lunch time and 150g of asparagus with my 6 eggs in the evenings.

Hope this helps.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I've also been eating string cheese - which is high calorie but I don't really care when I'm hungry.

I'm trying to figure out how much protein I can take without getting kicked out of ketosis. It's obvious this go around at around 160 - 180 g of protein, I'm still in keto. I look a lot leaner even though the scale isn't saying anything. I get fat looking when I take in too much protein. It's strange to me how a little extra protein can make me look like that, even if there is science behind it.

Thanks for the tip.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you measure ketones?